Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 494142 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11535 on: November 24, 2023, 01:26:58 PM »

BL - indeed, thanks for the clarification!..I'm joined to the "moose on the loose" fb page so when I hear anything I will post.

Nap time for me, LOL...before dinner so not that long, Later.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11536 on: November 24, 2023, 02:40:40 PM »

Boy, the day is flying by and now I need to stop.  Too much time standing.  :P    Set up our Advent giving projects area in the church gathering space with 3 helpers.  An hour later was home making my world famous turkey soup  ;) ;)  While that was cooking away, brought up some decorations and of course Lulu had to partake.  ::)

LANI   How did Aly spend the holiday?

PHYL   Good idea about the turkey club - I have all ingredients - That is supper tonight.  Thanks  Gorgeous sunrise over the flyway  :o

CLYNN   That is some coffee design  :o   You know, when you mentioned Sanibel I wasn't sure they were up and
running fully yet.  Marco is more like it.   Now that I'm sitting I will enjoy Claire's video - Cool keyboard protector.   That was a sweet pic of Talon and Bella  :) :)  Am sure Erin is so grateful he has you to help out with the dog and cats.  If I recall they are not just minutes away either..  Keebler - " what heat problem, I'm just fine"  ;)

LISA  Those eyes on Sydney are just gorgeous.  Cute pic of you two  ;) ;)

KAREN    Yes I did see that Pack win.   Thought the Bears might do it this week but no  - gave up a 12 point lead in the last 3 minutes  :P :P :P

KB   Thanks for all that great info on Rutt.   And that sweet baby Taho looking great. - I remember it being thrown out of a car story.  Sure hope the gal who threw him gets some time too.

BL  The story of Turkules is hysterical.  The Superman of turkeys  LOL   Thanks for Rutt's true ID
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 06:02:54 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #11537 on: November 24, 2023, 02:59:03 PM »

tsk - you must have forgotten. Taho was euthanized after extensive attempts to rehabilitate him.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #11538 on: November 24, 2023, 03:52:13 PM »

Aw, KB, I forgot too. Poor Tahoe.
Boy, my knees don't hurt at all after the hot tub. Nice.
We watched Call of the Wild and Mountain Men last night. We have the full set of Jesse Stone along, and Casablanca. Will see what tonight brings.  ::)
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #11539 on: November 24, 2023, 05:10:56 PM »

Happy Day After Thanksgiving, Beakers!  :)

Clynn, I love that sweet throwback pic of Talon and Baby Bella.  :)  Keebler cracks me up!  So glad he has that wonderful home where he will always be lovingly cared for.  :)  It looked like the kittens' point colors were starting to show up in your last picture of them. Stella, Sammy, Prissy, Chase, Daisy, Henry, Fifi, Willis, Wally, ... ... ...   ;) ;D

Lisa, I love your pics of Sydney and you!  I still can't get over how much older she looks than her true age. It sounds like B&K's new home is going to be perfect for their growing family.  :)  I feel fine, and have since I went to bed that night after I had that sudden digestive upset. It was intense, but it only lasted a little over 2 hours, and then I was good as new after that.

Lani, it sounds like Milo is much better... glad the calming callar and other helpful changes worked. Norman and Sadie must be relieved, too.  ;) :)  Glad Shannon could be with you and Mike this year.

Karen, uh-oh, sorry some of your dishes didn't turn out as you had wanted, but glad the Cornish hen was yummy. Nice of your vet, but that is odd that she can't find her way to being on a first-name basis after all these years.  Oh well, whatever... she sure has been helpful. Your gift to her was very thoughtful, and will look nice where she plans to hang it. I hope your other one arrives soon for you, too!

Oldguy, that was a house full for dinner, which must have been fun. Sorry so many couldn't make it due to illness, and hope they are all well soon.

Phyl, turkey forever!  ;) :D  A turkey club sounds yummy.

Tsk, uh-oh on standing so long.  Rest now, and enjoy your yummy homemade world-famous turkey soup, and a turkey club.  :D

T40, LOLOL on that hilarious "turkey."

BL, glad the NJ ride worked out for Turkules. May he live long and prosper.  :-*

KB, glad the stew turned out tasty.

Lori, I hope you and your father and Destini enjoyed a relaxing and tasty Thanksgiving.

E4E, I hope you and Kris are having a wonderful time in SLO!

Tig, glad the hot tub did the trick.

Puff, it's nice that you have such helpful neighbors.

I walked 45 minutes today.

Have a good evening, Beakers. Peace. SED.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 05:45:27 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #11540 on: November 24, 2023, 05:59:57 PM »

Karen - awww, I bet your food came out great.  I am stuck with two huge pies from Sams, an apple and pecan.  I know someone better help me eat these or they will be going in the trash. 

Lani - Hey there 😃

Kb - I do remember you posting about Taho.  I did forget that he was euthanized 😞

Tig - Enjoy!

Tsk - You are too kind.  I always feel like I look a wreck in pics that Jeff takes of me. 

Baz - Glad you are feeling better.  Sydney does not look 3 months old to me.  My BIL has a new grand baby too, and he is 2 weeks older than Sydney and he looks 6 months old or older!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11541 on: November 24, 2023, 06:12:51 PM »

TIG  Now you need to get a hot tub.  Talk with KB   LOL

KB   WOW  I did forget that.  Thanks for the reminder on Taho.  Yes now I recall.  That was very sad.

BAZI   LOL  Before and after Thanksgiving.   You are so funny with the naming marathon  ;D ;D  Again another great walk.  Parka weather here today.. :P

LISA   I think maybe we are our own worst critics in photos.  I can count on 1 hand the pics of myself that I have liked.  Truly!   Isn't that funny about the two babies not looking their ages.  Well as you might expect Tim's blood sugar shot up this AM after yesterday's "no holes barred dinner".  I keep my mouth shut!
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #11542 on: November 24, 2023, 06:15:55 PM »

I found a general travel map of Rutt's route north up from Alton, IA [on 09/23/23] to his crossing of Rt 10 and to now just North of Staples, MN. [on 11/23/23].

Rutt the moose is on a serious cruising travel mission I would have to say.   :o

From Alton, IA to Staples, MN he's traveled "as the crow flies" 240 Miles in 62 days.
Now obviously Rutt is NOT wandering by hoof in a straight line or on a prescribed aquatic grazing time line.

I would guess he's traveled closer to 270-280 miles of actual 'hoofing it'  -if not more-  in those 62 days by the looks of the cell phone map image attached below.

If you realistically use 280 Miles that's about 4.5 miles of distance per day on average probably many more.
He was likely not moving any miles at all on the 'weather days'.   :o

I consider myself pretty knowledgeable of the movements of Alces alces in North America.
His track is a bit unusual for sure to say the least. As in his distance traveled & the area traveled at this time of year.
Once again shocked.

Go Rutt go.
Or as Scooby Doo would say Ruh roh.    :D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 07:02:21 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #11543 on: November 24, 2023, 06:35:22 PM »

Had a shock late this afternoon!   Piper had a seizure!  Scared the bejeezus out of me!   She is sleeping now and seems fine!  Talked to the vet who said there are no indications yet to give her any medication.   Keep calm and quiet!   I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop!   Hope it doesn’t!
Dieted all day and ate a lot this evening!  Food tasted better cold! Mixed some off the neighbors plate with mine.   Oh well!  Like Lisa, I am going to have to throw some of this away!   Maybe freeze it!
Tig, you talked about a deep hot tub!  Might be worth investigating!
Tsk, you have worked hard for days!   Turkey soup sounds good, world famous or not!
Baz. You must be getting thin as a rail with all the walking!  Good for you! 
Turkeles is quite a bird!  Thanks for the story bl!   Great map! 
Baz, i feel like the cats!
Off to clean up the kitchen

« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 06:44:18 PM by karengramke »

kbshcb

« Reply #11544 on: November 24, 2023, 06:51:54 PM »

Becky Graba writes: Rutt was on my property today near Nimrod at Cat Creek.

I know, what a name for a town!...Nimrod. Quite a distance north of Staples.

Thanks BL....for your involvement.

BrokenLug

« Reply #11545 on: November 24, 2023, 07:06:51 PM »

Kb as I recall in my Topo 7.5 mind there isn't a whole lot of black top for Ruff to traverse north of 10 on his direction of travel.

Is that picture of Rutt.
2 small moose tines Ive noted.

The last reliable human identification of Rutt I hope was near Staples, MN.

As he heads into the arboreal north woods of MN to hook up with some other transient of his ilk.  8)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 07:41:29 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #11546 on: November 24, 2023, 07:38:52 PM »

A different picture and poster says between Nimrod and Sebeka.

There is highway 71 that he could cross but this is still pretty rural country with like 69 peeps living in Nimrod. Always a danger though. Hope he sticks to the fields and creeks.

BrokenLug

« Reply #11547 on: November 24, 2023, 08:08:51 PM »

Kb I've actually spit beer out of my nose at the mention of Nimrod, MN thank you very little.

Pip's Like what the heck BL ?

Unfortunately the Sheriff still owes me $100 dollars from cards but let me go early on good behavior.   ;)
Just another plant matter misunderstanding back in the day.   8)

We smoked a really fat one behind the 'jail' and he said wholly stuff .. you can go now.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 08:16:50 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #11548 on: November 24, 2023, 08:15:43 PM »

Kb I've actually spit beer out of my nose at the mention of Nimrod, MN thank you very little. Pip's Like what the heck.
Unfortunately the Sheriff owes me $100 dollars from cards but let me go early on good behavior.   ;)
Just another plant matter misunderstanding back in the day.   8)

We smoked a really fat one behind the 'jail' and he said wholly stuff .. you can go.

:)

Well, I just burst out laughing at that one!...no liquid in my mouth at the time.LOL

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11549 on: November 24, 2023, 08:25:24 PM »

KB many thanks for the name clarification-stand corrected 'tis 'Rutt' not 'Ruff'. ;)  Tks for update on Taho sure hope the USAT tosses the 'book' at these folks
WEll that puts an end to my thought as to 'why' Rutt was venutring so far. It was 'smoke' from fire and not a cow.  ::)

Lisa like the bittersweet on white today; awwwww  Sydney snaps, that first one today is a 'grabber'.  ;D. BTW...have you lost a pound or two?

Karen I think maybe you're  just out of practice in the kitchen. T'was a boneless turkey breast. I declare that man o' mine can find 'stuff' in that store!
I had served Maggie her HSD kidney formula Tuna stew she ate most of it. But, sure as 'H' I got that turkey breast out to gently w arm. And, that feline
stopped dead and sat in the middle of the kitchen floor and gave me 'that look' as if I was holding out on her cat-ness. I told her she had to clean her dish and then
she could have turkey (plain unseasoned) . She just stared---finally she left and went up to the computer room and  curled up in my seat. That's were she is now.
WE all know that I'll cave ---toss out the 3 remaining bites ---chop the turkey into tiny pieces and set out for her return. At which time I'll gently w arm in micro wave.

Lani very handsome Stag.

BL be so cool if Rutt did go to Camper's tig lake and Camper got a snap.  ;D  Many tks for the snap of Rutt... i
Turkules  story is a hoot.

Bazi funny-cute 'Before and after Thanksgiving kitty; my Turkey club is waiting in kitchen and calling out to me. I must needs go---soonest.  ;D
If my down jacket zippper wasn't broken I'd be out walking after dinner. Can' t find a tailor to replace it'

Lisa maybe somebody Jeff will here your plight.

BL thanks for extra info/wanderings of Rutt/ Ditto KB  Nimrod is Biblical character. Great snaps of our bull moose.

{{{Karen and Piper}}} Oh---no! Good calling Amanda right off. St Francis be with Pipper.  :-*
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan