Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 475332 times)

Puff

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10230 on: October 16, 2023, 06:59:10 AM »

And now I know what I was seeing by the bridge tree - more lights mounted for night views over there, too.  Now as I think back there was mention of solar lights being put in?

P

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10231 on: October 16, 2023, 07:09:23 AM »

I managed to snap The Norths this morning.   :-*
Decorah North Eagles

Oct 16, 2023 7:07 AM
Camera Time: Oct 16, 2023 7:06 AM CDT
Birchwoman
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10232 on: October 16, 2023, 07:22:52 AM »

And, I snapped Decorah Eagles  ...

Oct 16, 2023 7:20 AM
Camera Time: Oct 16, 2023 7:19 AM CDT
Birchwoman
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 07:24:56 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10233 on: October 16, 2023, 07:35:17 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Erin & Family came over and stayed with Kelsey so we could go out for dinner for our 39th Anniversary, since I won't be here then! We went to Outback, Ed's favorite, and I love their Filet Mignon, not to mention the Blooming Onion! Erin installed the five new house phones while we were gone and did a couple of things on my computer. Nice evening. Got a couple of pics of the kids...

Phyl, 41 here, high 62 today. GSB sunrise, beautiful as always! Love the cranes on the 365, so graceful! Oh that witch! Thanks for the Decorah pics!

Lani, oh your scary good night picture!

BL, good music for Monday morning!

tig, warm homemade apple pie (with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream...) YUM!

Lani, life was so different back in grade school! I got the paddle twice, I think! She was a skinny little Music teacher, no pain involved...  ::) ::) ::)

oldguy, so now we know exactly how old you are!  You were born in 1952, same as me and kb!

baz, glad you were able to get your walk in yesterday!

tsk, some people look to get rid of things they don't want any way they can! You should see what you get when you have a dumpster in your driveway!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10234 on: October 16, 2023, 07:54:17 AM »

HI EVERYONE

PHYL  Just heard that Suzanne Summers passed away a day before her 77 b-day . That cliff cam is a beautiful view.

TIG  Nice perk of the ride yesterday - apple pie  ;)

CLYNN   It's a Snoopy morning  ;D ;D    So glad you could celebrate you 39th before you left.  I bet Kelsey enjoyed all the action  ;)  No kidding on the dumpster  :o  What a stunning quilt!!!   LOLOL  " Hold the anchovies"
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #10235 on: October 16, 2023, 07:59:24 AM »

Woot, woot! and whew:

Finally!...one of the Towers have perched on the water tower.
'Bout time!..all other years it's been in September...perhaps our unusual weather?...oh well on the reason, they are back.
Now I just need my neighbor's ash tree to start dropping it's leaves...easier then to take a pic when they are on that particular post.

Baby elephants are so darn cute:

Morning all.

karengramke

« Reply #10236 on: October 16, 2023, 08:48:06 AM »

Gm. A chilly 53 this morning!   Going to the mid 60s Nd mud 70s later in the week!  All in all, tolerable temos!
Bl, thanks for reminding me if Kris K! A long ago favorite!  Nice to remember!
Clynn, a very Happy and early anniversary to you and Ed!   Nice dinner!   Did you share a blooming Onion?
What a quilt!   Love the third picture of Bella!  She has tge poses down pat!
No hha today! Did not like the one they sent for Monday and Wed and told them I did not want her back!   She did not do anything!
Neighbors across the street put out tgeir blow up Halloween stuff yesterday and I guess it is scary as Piper looked out and jumped and barked when she saw it!  Lol.
Have to get busy and see what I can do, without help!

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10237 on: October 16, 2023, 09:06:33 AM »

dense fog this morning - 53 right now - high of 75

Bazi - Good for your walking increase! :)

Karen - Just heard about Suzanne Somers on the early a.m. news - sad. 

LisaG - My Grandson's team won yesterday!  It is always fun to watch with the little group we sit with. :)

Tsk - Weather was beautiful out at the football game yesterday afternoon - we had to use some sunscreen!    Oh my! Just read about some of the stuff

that was brought to the coat drive! ::)

Lani - It is unbelievable that you actually got a paddle back when you were in grade school - awe! :(

Phyl - We are still having lots of hummer activity and I know it probably won't last very much longer - I hope they keep staying around here  :)
          Liked the Cranes in today's Nature  :)    Lovely morning out at Great Spirit Bluff Falcons.   Thanks for Decorah pics.

Tig - Yaay-no ill effects- you are good!   Exciting for Camper to see 2 eagles soaring  :)   Bet that apple pie was delicious!

OG  :)

BL - Loved the music links; always a fan of JC!

Puff  :)

Clynn - So happy you & Ed went out to celebrate your wedding anniversary with a wonderful dinner!!   How nice of Erin to do those things!!  Love the pics of the Munchkins  ;D    Gorgeous quilt!!  Cute comic 'anchovies'  ;D

Kb - Yaay- happy to see one of the Towers back and perching! ;D   Baby elephant  :)

Beakers have a nice day  :)

Phyl

« Reply #10238 on: October 16, 2023, 09:58:03 AM »

CLynn luv the 'Peanuts' gang this AM, we watched 'It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown'  ;) --always enjoy snaps of the Munchkins, Erin is a good son (Sydney   good DIL); So happy you & Ed were able to celebrate your 39th before you left and it was a delish dinner.  ;)
I was in high school when I got my first 'paddle' ---Chemistry class.

Oldguy I may have missed ---how did cards go this last Saturday nite? Well for your team, I hope. Just 4yrs ahead of me.

Tsk Jim told me about Susan Somers yesterday in was in his news feed; pretty scarecrow

KB Hurrah! You have Mr/Mrs  Tower back.  ;), Awww that elephant calf is too cute.

{{Karen}} sorry for you HHA difficulties. Poor Piper & Halloween decorations. I know you know your limits---try not to over do.

E4E like your Autumn am; congrats to your G.son on the win;
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 02:55:59 PM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10239 on: October 16, 2023, 09:59:59 AM »

CLynn this morning's witch is a 'good witch' . She unleashed the monkeys to fight all the scariness  out there.  ;)

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10240 on: October 16, 2023, 10:04:17 AM »

Just love the quilt!!   "Drift Away" by Mentor Williams  Cr. 1970 . Yep!
'Hold the anchovies'   ;D

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #10241 on: October 16, 2023, 10:26:20 AM »

Phyl That makes you 12years younger than I am.   :-*

P

LisaG1967

« Reply #10242 on: October 16, 2023, 10:32:55 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

karen - So sad about both actresses  :'(  Sorry you did not like the HHA this time.

tsk - We are having a bright an sunny day here, with a high of 61° today.  It was a lil chilly this morning, 48° but still have not turned on the heat.  Hmmm, people must not either read the church bulletin.   ::)

Phyl - Pretty good night pic. Pretty Flyway this morning.

tig - Glad to hear no reaction just a sore arm.

Lani - Yay, on being a straight A speller  :D 

BL - Thanks for the tunes!

Puff - That bright light looked like the IR light on, and I think the bright light by bridge might have been a reflection from IR light on one of the signs? That's my guess.  :)

clynn - Great pics of the munchkins.  How nice of Erin to come and do that for you. Yummy, Outback for your 39th Anniversary!  Love the quilt. LOL, Hold the Anchovies!

kb - Yay on your Towers returning, and very cute ellie!

E4E - Awesome on your grandson's win!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10243 on: October 16, 2023, 11:50:56 AM »

Morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Lisa, I did love spelling and reading time! ;D

Eagles Congrats to your grandson/team... the paddling wasn't too bad... I'll always remember our two year visit there. I was just 10 when we moved from Hawaii to WA in the beginning of my 5th grade year. My stepfather was in the Navy and at the time there was only two stateside Naval bases that allowed a mix race marriage. Oak Harbor, Whidbey Island, WA was one of them. We drove from Travis Air Force base to our new home. I remember seeing the stunning redwood trees, the beautiful Oregon coast and the pine trees with chipmunks! I thought the trees was so tall that if you climbed them you would truly see God. And traveling over Deception Pass. Fishing for halibut, salmon and going clamming on the beach... So many great memories of that beautiful state.  My 5th grade teacher was Mr. Matson, he was a dream and very good teacher ;D. He was one of those memorable teachers. But, my 6th grade teacher. I won't mention his name but also memorable :-X.... We returned back to Hawaii after my first quarter in 7th grade. My mom hated living in the states. So, we ended up living in Waikiki for a year. Stepdad returned to the sea duty for a year and we waited for a Naval base home. Which we didn't get until the middle of my 8th grade year. sorry TMI  ::)

Karen, sorry about your hha help... Poor Piper! LOL!  ;D... be easy on yourself, don't over do.  :-*

Kb, YAY the Towers! love the ellie  ;D

{{{Clynn and Ed}}} what a lovely evening you and Ed, delicious dinner and quiet time with Ed, and adding Erin's help and seeing your beautiful munchkins! Both look well and so cozy nestled in your home. Love the tie-dye blankets... I can't imagine a skinny music teacher feeling the need to use a paddle. LOL!  ... my sixth grade teacher was a big man with eyeglasses and kept the paddle hanging on a nail next to the blackboard.... love the R&R blanket... LOL! I'm all about the anchovies! Cute  ;D

Hi Puff beautiful areas that we're able to see with this new cam. Gorgeous fall colors.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #10244 on: October 16, 2023, 01:05:19 PM »

Have hha coming today!   Now have the same one 5 days in a row!   She will be her less time on Monday and Wed as she works another job in the morning and has to pick up her son!  Works for me! Have the sheets in the dryer now so she can make the bed when she gets here!  Yea!   Also take out the garbage!
The girl I did not like did not do anything!  She was here the day before and the one coming today took her around and told her what to do! She wrote it down and gave her the list!   She came in and sat down watching the news and said is there anything you want me to do?  I said, you can start by making the bed!  We then had to go out and she took me all around.  When we got home she sat and watched the news.
Bed being made as we speak!

Phyl, you are 18 years younger than I am!   Just a kid!

I still have feeders up but I have not sen a hummer in several weeks!   Will close it in November!   Miss those little things!

I have to say that no paddles were not allowed in the public schools when I was attending!  It was a law!  Must have been a state law?

Lani, I love your report of your adventure going from  Travis up the coast!   Sorry for your experiences with discrimination!   Our country had not been welcoming!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 03:18:30 PM by karengramke »