Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 475317 times)

T40cfr403

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10125 on: October 13, 2023, 10:47:02 AM »

Thanks, BL! That's a much better answer! :)
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

Puff

« Reply #10126 on: October 13, 2023, 10:56:50 AM »

I knew what it was about right away BL.  That means I'm old or my dad was old.  BTW  welcome back.  Enjoyed????  Of course!  And now you've been further on the west side than I have.  I'll take that as a challenge.  Pics coming I'm sure.

P

karengramke

« Reply #10127 on: October 13, 2023, 11:34:11 AM »

I am old too but the military always said, the eagle lands today.  Tgere are young people in service so surely some have heard the phrase!
Welcome back BL.  Did you take a camera?   Phone? 

BrokenLug

« Reply #10128 on: October 13, 2023, 11:37:46 AM »

No pics from this outing Puff.
I don't own a cell phone (and it wouldn't have worked there anyway if I did).

When I'm going fast and light on a backpacking trek like this one I don't hump any camera equipment.
I carry a device similar to one of these for 2 way communication, weather and navigation:
https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/890109

Here's a link to a map with my general route of foot travel through the 'Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes'.
https://www.gpsvisualizer.com/display/20231011165730-35076-map.html?center=58.375028,-155.372279&zoom=10
Click on the little green 'Elev Profile' button (bottom left) for more detail of my hiking route.

I called in a 'Ranger Favor' to get a ride on the Valley Road from the Brooks Lodge Seaplane Base to the Windy Creek trailhead and back.
The tour bus from Brooks to the valley had already stopped running for the season.
We started our trek into the valley right before the 3 Forks Visitor Center. 

So Tyrone and myself had the whole valley to our selves and we did not see another soul the entire time.
We felt like we were dropped off to go for a hike on the Moon just with more oxygen and gravity.  :D

I must tell you camping in a tent next to Novarupta is a little spooky !
You're more than welcome to join me on my next outing to Katmai NP so I can get you that little bit more AK west. 
I know you would make an excellent AK guide !   ;D   

U. S. A.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #10129 on: October 13, 2023, 11:48:22 AM »

This carrot cake is moist, dense, and flavorful! Topped with the most amazing cream cheese frosting.
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #10130 on: October 13, 2023, 12:12:26 PM »

1. Pink Zebra Kiss Cookies {Life is Sweets}
2. Pink Velvet Cupcakes {Love From the Oven}
3. Pink M&M Cookies {Beantown Baker}

« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 12:20:25 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10131 on: October 13, 2023, 12:24:48 PM »

TGIF Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Tsk, If you and Tim are having to deal with the heavy rain today, please take care.

Clynn, Loved reading your posts about Jerry and Annie  :-*.... thanks for Sea Eaglets post, it's good to see they're doing well. Love their squeeing sounds.  ;D

Tig, glad you and Camper are doing well. Have a good day.  :)

{{{Puff}}} Under the dining room carpet I found Aly's last piece of a puzzle she put together last spring. I'm sure it's one of the boys. Both cats were always sitting on the edge of Aly's table watching her. Take care.

Hi Lisa, Eagles :)

{{{Karen}}} very happy for you that you're feeling like "a new woman." You and Piper enjoy the day! ;D :-*

T40, BL, I've never heard of that expression "The Eagle Flies on Friday"....  Thank you for the awesome history lesson.  :)

Karen, Yes, I've heard of the term "Eagle lands today."

{{{Lori}}} Thanks for the reminder! Beautiful posts.

Happy Birthday Nanimal!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

karengramke

« Reply #10132 on: October 13, 2023, 12:40:05 PM »

;D  Lost a post!  Happy birthday, nanimal!   Lori, I enjoyed a piece of the delicious carrot cake!   Thanks

Bl, thought I remembered you saying you were traveling lite so did not really expect pictures!   Nice feeling that you are the only folks in the universe!

Puff

« Reply #10133 on: October 13, 2023, 01:07:12 PM »

No pics from this outing Puff.
I don't own a cell phone (and it wouldn't have worked there anyway if I did).

When I'm going fast and light on a backpacking trek like this one I don't hump any camera equipment.
I carry a device similar to one of these for 2 way communication, weather and navigation:
https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/890109

Here's a link to a map with my general route of foot travel through the 'Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes'.
https://www.gpsvisualizer.com/display/20231011165730-35076-map.html?center=58.375028,-155.372279&zoom=10
Click on the little green 'Elev Profile' button (bottom left) for more detail of my hiking route.

I called in a 'Ranger Favor' to get a ride on the Valley Road from the Brooks Lodge Seaplane Base to the Windy Creek trailhead and back.
The tour bus from Brooks to the valley had already stopped running for the season.
We started our trek into the valley right before the 3 Forks Visitor Center. 

So Tyrone and myself had the whole valley to our selves and we did not see another soul the entire time.
We felt like we were dropped off to go for a hike on the Moon just with more oxygen and gravity.  :D

I must tell you camping in a tent next to Novarupta is a little spooky !
You're more than welcome to join me on my next outing to Katmai NP so I can get you that little bit more AK west. 
I know you would make an excellent AK guide !   ;D

Oh, no. . . No pics??????   :'(  Been looking forward to them.

My picture philosophy - Not as important as the experience.  I don't use my "luggage" equipment unless I'm driving and have a trunk to carry.  #1 I have pictures to fill up my kazoo.  #2 That "stuff" is always in the way or throwing a snit at the important times. #3 I so seldom have time to go back and search the volumes/albums; then I have to try remember the specifics (where,  when).  #4 I have an all-inclusive 2x4 Panasonic that takes up no room, weighs light, makes me look like a pro, and does a lot of the tricks. 

As all have noticed, I'm not a pic sharer,  but I am a verbal sharer of the great things I've managed to fit into my years.  However -- I do have to get to Nome and the Katmai.  If I get there I promise to take some shots. 

P           
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 01:08:58 PM by Puff »

kbshcb

« Reply #10134 on: October 13, 2023, 01:28:36 PM »

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2022/10/13/its-navys-birthday-and-everyone-celebrating-russian-ships.html

As you all know, Scott served in the Navy on a nuclear sub tender, The USS Sperry..

T40
Yeah, those words aren't in the lyrics to "Seven Bridges Road"..although I love the harmony on that song of the Eagles..also none of the Eagles band members had Native American Heritage.
so much for chat gpt ;D ;D

LORIDAVIS

• Facebook
« Reply #10135 on: October 13, 2023, 01:35:25 PM »

Don't let this innocent face fool you!!!

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10136 on: October 13, 2023, 02:02:25 PM »

Namimal...

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10137 on: October 13, 2023, 02:17:04 PM »

T40, my dad, who was a lifer in the Air Force, used to say the eagle 'craps' on Friday, or whatever day payday was. He used the other word though!  ::)

BL, yes, I think I would be nervous sleeping next to a volcano too! Wow, that is quite a trek you went on!

Lani, I bet Aly looked all over for that puzzle piece!

I had all three of my vaccines at Sam's today, flu, covid and RSV. Will report any negative results! They had Pfizer for the covid, so I got that one. I have had a matching set of vaccines!

Lori, lots and lots of pink stuff! Love the cake you got for Nan! Yum, the pink velvet cupcakes! And lots of black cats and spooky stuff. Love the kitty with the leaf hat!

karen, wow, that was quick action on the shot! Hopefully it lasts for a long time!

Edinburgh, Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10138 on: October 13, 2023, 03:21:09 PM »

CLYNN  Started raining at noon when we were on our way to lunch - No downpours but light rain so far and it's 3PM.  Thanks for the memories you had with Willi.

PHYL  Only light rain in my area so far.

PUFF  No we got Lulu around Jan 5th I think, and she never bothered the puzzles but then again she was just getting used to her surroundings for duration that puzzles were up.  We shall see this year if she takes an interest.  I am getting a bit anxious about Xmas tree however LOL

KAREN  I'm so glad to hear the doc got a bullseye with that injection  :)

T40  Got me on that one  " eagle flies on Friday"  ???

BL  You tracked it down  ;)   You have seen things in this world most people have enver seen.  Good for you.

LORI   Love carrot cake - so healthy  LOLOL   You're bringing out the spirit of the day today.  ;D
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #10139 on: October 13, 2023, 03:26:43 PM »

E4E - Sounds like you have been having some nice temps.  You and Kris have a nice weekend, too.

karen - Glad to hear you are a new woman today.   ;D  Hope you are still feeling good. 

T40 - Unlucky eagle is right, poor thing!

Lori - Carrot cake for nanimal looks delicious! Thanks for reminder about Breast cancer awareness.  Cute Friday the 13th pics!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, nanimal!

clynn - Oh my....all 3 vaccines in one day!  Love that pic from Edinburgh, Scotland and also the flowers. I am pretty sure I wrote those lines.  ;D

tsk - Hope you had a good lunch.