Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 475829 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10095 on: October 12, 2023, 03:22:52 PM »

Kb, you follow Niall too! Oldguy had brought his video to the Beak a while ago. And now I check on his twitter daily. He is a St Francis for the street dogs and is well known throughout the US and UK. He and his island friends feed 800 street dogs daily, and tries to find forever homes for those he can save.... He has a book out too. God bless him and the beautiful dogs    🙏

Niall Harbison: I made my dying dogs a promise I could never break
https://www.hellomagazine.com/news/501526/niall-harbison-hope-mission-save-street-dogs-exclusive/

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #10096 on: October 12, 2023, 03:42:34 PM »

Indeed Lani, I do follow him.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #10097 on: October 12, 2023, 03:46:42 PM »

Willi posted this cute video https://youtu.be/CbILj_CYqno?feature=shared

subaru-https://youtu.be/tX_IaqMJ9Xk?feature=shared

we know where Willi was December 6th 1969  ;D ;D
Gimme Shelter https://youtu.be/RbmS3tQJ7Os?feature=shared

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10098 on: October 12, 2023, 04:05:39 PM »

Lori, thank you for that memory of willi! She was indeed there! A Hippie, a dog lover, and I think deep down a turkey vulture lover.  ;D

Decaf                                                                                                                      Ivy

I messaged Jerry, he is doing well and asked me to say Hello to all of Annie's Beak Room Buddies!

Becky & Jennifer (my sis & SIL) Annie and Jerry, 2019                                                             Annie and Me 

« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 06:01:03 PM by clynndunn »
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #10099 on: October 12, 2023, 04:21:45 PM »

Clynn!!! Hi there! Decaf!!!  I was looking for the pictures and they are on my old P.C. I was trying to remember the calve's name  ;D :)  Decaf and I think the other was oreo? great pics and memories today everyone!!!  I picked this one out earlier but decided to post the polar bears instead.  Love ya!
For you Willi 💜☮  These calve's are from Washington State  ;D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 04:24:19 PM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10100 on: October 12, 2023, 05:29:44 PM »

YAY! GRAZER!  ;D ;D 8)

Awww that reaction. 😂  :-*

https://twitter.com/i/status/1712142263025905960

Lani, LOL  on that reaction!!! Just hilarious!!   ;D ;D ;D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10101 on: October 12, 2023, 05:45:15 PM »

KB    Both very good videos.

LANI /KB  Some people are just saints walking the earth.  God bless Niall

LORI  Thanks for the great post on Willi  :-*  I think Oreo would fit very well  ;)

CLYNN  Thanks for the pics and for getting in touch with Jerry.  We will always remember our dear friend.  That was the best pic or you and Willi  :-*
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10102 on: October 12, 2023, 06:29:05 PM »

Remembering Willi today. I miss her.  :-*  Thinking of her Jerry, too.

Lori, yes, I remember that little black and white calf that willi took the picture of and posted, and you remembered correctly - she named it Oreo.  :) And Decaf the Calf.  ;)  Jerry would take her out for long car rides every day, and she posted pics of the animals she saw along the way, with the names she gave them.

Clynn, I remember those pics of Willi. I always loved the one of her with Ivey on the beach. Do I recall Jerry saying it was one of his favorite pictures of Annie? I'm glad you heard from him, and thanks for passing along his hellos. Love the pic of you with Annie when you visited her in Oregon, and your sis and sil were with you. LOL on the vultures... a raptor willi loved to hate.  ;) :-* :'(

Lisa, awww... that picture of Sydney is pure love.  :) :-* Glad the kitties didn't get any of Pepe's "perfume!"  ;D

Lani, sounds great that Mike likes his new printer and it's up and running! Love seeing the news on the Black Bears! Thanks! And I'm not sure who posted the news on the Royal Albies starting to return - I think it was you... I love hearing about the ones we know returning. I hope they have a great nesting season!  Awww... Sadie the Princess prancing after her bath.  ;) :D :-*

Karen, you have been on the go, girl!  :D  Good news on getting a new CPAP. I hope the shot went okay, and you get some relief from it soon. Your appointments with the two doctors next week - that will get you "from head to toe."  ;) :D  Piper and the tree frogs!

E4E, sounds like you are ready with some new puzzles!

BL, glad  to hear it sounds like you are safely home and comfortable in your own bed again.

TSK, your lunch plans for Barb and Tom's anniversary sound like fun, and good eats.

Tig, the German meal sounded yummy.

T40, thanks for sharing the Fat Bear winner info. Loved those pics of Grazer, the winner! and Chunk, the chunky 2nd placer.  ;) ;D :-*

Puff, I know your birdies are very happy birdies with all the fresh supply of water and seed and fountain..

Phyl, three Bluebirds accompanied me for part of my walk day before yesterday - flitting just ahead of me from tree to tree and yard to yard. As I would get closer, they would flit to the next tree, over an dover, till finally I guess I got to the edge of their territory, LOL, and they doubled back around behind me.  ;D  They are fun to watch. I hope Maggie is behaving herself, and is on the mend.

I got my new Fall Moderna Covid-19 vaccine this morning. This new Moderna vax is a monovalent one, formulated for one of the newer more-recent circulating covid variants. Moderna's new version is called Spikevax. TSK, where I went today, they said they ran out of their supply of the new Pfizer covid-19 vaccine yesterday, and are waiting for a new supply, and apparently there isn't as much Pfizer covid vax available right now for some reason. Anyway, I had planned to get Moderna. So far I'm feeling completely normal. Got it about 5-and-a-half hours ago. It took 3 hours till I even had any tenderness at all at the injection site, and now I have some soreness just in that upper arm muscle where it was injected. But I don't feel anything else so far... fingers crossed! I hate you had such a bad reaction when you got it last week. I don't remember what symptoms you said you had - just that it was really bad. Did you spike a high fever? chills? Anyway, I'm glad it didn't last too many days, and all is well now. I wonder how it went with Tig today. I think she said she was going to get hers today, too.

Good Night, Beakers. SED. Peace.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10103 on: October 12, 2023, 06:30:36 PM »

Clynn - That is so perfect - the vulture sitting near the grill!   Beautiful remembrances of our sweet Willi. :)

Lani - Wonderful picture of Mama Donna and her cubs! :-*      Yes, just a little soreness in my arm - but fine.  I bet Sadie feels so good & happy with her bath and trim- probably feels lighter & airy! ;) :)    Hope Mike is getting a little more comfortable with the new Printer.

Puff  :)

LisaG - Thank you  :)    Sydney is the most darling little sweetie!! :-*

Kb - Powerful vids.  So happy for the sweet little pup finding a loving forever beautiful & wonderful home.

Tsk - I too, like laying out a puzzle on the table  :)

Lori - Love your heavenly birthday tribute for Willi.  Thank you for posting the vid that Willi originally posted.  I love Gimme Shelter - I have the song on my Hot Rocks and every time I hear it on the radio - I crank it up!!

Clynn - I remember the photo of you & Annie - beautiful  :-* :-*   Thank you for all the lovely photos and it is a treasure to see Ivy's picture again!! :-*

Baz - I agree with you on that little one's reaction!!  :-* :)

Tig - Thought of you today - how are you doing - hopefully fine. :)

Phyl - See you in the morning  :)

Beakers have a good evening - sleep well  :)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10104 on: October 12, 2023, 06:40:31 PM »

I got a pic this morning of my smiling Sydney! 

That adorable photo, right there is enough to give the viewer a lifetime of smiles.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10105 on: October 12, 2023, 07:02:37 PM »

This makes twice I've lost my post for this afternoon !
  >:( >:( >:(

Will take this on later.   I guess.
Been a busy day  .
Time for chow.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #10106 on: October 12, 2023, 09:26:10 PM »

Ditti  the post from  Baz from the start to Phyl!   CAn not ditto further as I did t have bluebirds on my shoulder or my covid injection!   Lol!  My shot went better than before!  Still feel a lot of pressure when they inject but that is better than pain!
Steroid has made me hungry so have eaten too much tonight!  Off to bed and away from the food source!
Seds

Lani

« Reply #10107 on: October 12, 2023, 10:05:15 PM »

Clynn!!! Hi there! Decaf!!!  I was looking for the pictures and they are on my old P.C. I was trying to remember the calve's name  ;D :)  Decaf and I think the other was oreo? great pics and memories today everyone!!!  I picked this one out earlier but decided to post the polar bears instead.  Love ya!
For you Willi 💜☮  These calve's are from Washington State  ;D

Lori, Oreo it is! And Decaf.... Thank you so much for the pictures, videos, all beautiful reminders of sweet Willi.  :-*

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #10108 on: October 12, 2023, 10:07:16 PM »

Lori, thank you for that memory of willi! She was indeed there! A Hippie, a dog lover, and I think deep down a turkey vulture lover.  ;D

Decaf                                                                                                                      Ivy

I messaged Jerry, he is doing well and asked me to say Hello to all of Annie's Beak Room Buddies!

Becky & Jennifer (my sis & SIL) Annie and Jerry, 2019                                                             Annie and Me 

Clynn, Thanks for keeping in touch with Jerry, glad he's doing well! Love the photo of you and Annie.  :-*

Lani

« Reply #10109 on: October 12, 2023, 10:55:52 PM »

Lani - LOL, love the pic of the bears at the picnic table. Pepe'  ::)

clynn - I can just hear willi now, commenting on your post!   ;D ;D ;D Love the pic of willi, and also very cool about the orchid.  Wow, the albatross is really big!

karen - I was wondering if you were getting all that rain.  Mama got got it yesterday. 

E4E - Hope you did ok with your flu shot. 

I got a pic this morning of my smiling Sydney! 

Oh Lisa, she just brightens the world with that smile!  :-*