Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 494136 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9915 on: October 07, 2023, 10:47:59 AM »

Tig, even the common house sparrows have to eat!   Lol.   The blue Jays have returned after their long summer vacation! Such noisy mischievous but beautiful birds! 

I am siamese, if you please!    Such beautiful cats but not seen as frequently as they once were!  Lived with a few in my younger days!

Puff, glad Southern Living is covering some wild life!  Interesting the new amorous couple did not even stop for a cigarette before going shopping for building materials and house hold furnishings!   Good thing as their home doesn’t look flame proof!

Lisa, waiting for new pictures of Sydney this afternoon!  Clynn, you should have some pictures this weekend, sometime!

Low 80s and overcast!

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #9916 on: October 07, 2023, 11:04:25 AM »

Mocha Frappe and Chocolate Covered Pretzels!!!

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

karengramke

« Reply #9917 on: October 07, 2023, 11:25:09 AM »

Lololol!  Too funny Lori!   Still munching on the kks from the other day!

LisaG1967

« Reply #9919 on: October 07, 2023, 03:28:18 PM »

Had a nice lil visit with Sydney.  Boy, she sure got big from the last time I saw her.  She is filling in nicely.

T40 - Thanks for the vids, as always!

Lori - Love the black kitty strutting it's stuff!  ;D

karen - I see you saw my Sydney pics  :D

E4E - Thank you!  You and Kris have a good weekend, too!

tig - Thanks for the (( )) for Jeff, who is doing much better.

karengramke

« Reply #9920 on: October 07, 2023, 03:44:23 PM »

Lisa, she says, who me?    Truly ready for Halloween!

T40cfr403

« Reply #9921 on: October 07, 2023, 04:05:30 PM »

Grab the Bull by the Horns by Jack Zhi - A peregrine falcon grips a brown pelican with its talons. Jack Zhi / Bird Photographer of the Year 2023

This year’s winning entry shows the dramatic moment a female peregrine falcon attacked a brown pelican, while both were flying in southern California. The falcon, which can dive at approximately 200 miles per hour, was protecting her nest from the larger bird that had gotten too close.

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #9922 on: October 07, 2023, 04:37:49 PM »

Howdy Beakers!  :)

My UNC Tarheels are winning at halftime. Yay!  :D

Lani, I see the KU Jayhawks are playing now, too, so I will check on that game when I'm through posting here. Mmm, I love Eggs Benedict with asparagus in the Hollandaise on top, too! I want some!!  :D

Lori, thanks for sharing the news and pics from SWFL Eagle cam and nest.  :-*  All good wishes to Mighty M15 and possibly his new F23 mate.  :-* :-*  Cute Halloween kitties.  :D

Lisa, I'm glad Jeff is feeling better. Awww... look at your sweet baby girl, Sydney! She's such a cutie, and I think she looks like Bradley!  :D :-* :-* :-*

T40, that PEFA/Brown Pelican photo is incredible!! I hope the Pelican survived without serious injury though.  Seems like a PEFA would know that a Pelican is no threat to its nest or eyasses.  Must be automatic built-in response for defense of territory.

Karen, glad the pile of pine tree debris was picked up on the nearby curb. Hope the other pile will be soon. Dangerous to block view of traffic. Yes, JPalm lived in Key West long enough that he might've qualified as a true Conch. I first ate conch in Key West on my honeymoon!

Tig, I saw Iga knocked out Coco. Not unexpected, really. Coco is young, but she is so good, and always improving. I think she will win many more tourneys, and more majors, for sure.

Clynn, I hope you're having a good weekend... any plans with any of the kids this weekend? Thanks for the Almanac's predictions for this winter!

E4E, I hope you're getting a bit of a break from those high temps today! It's rough to not hve A/C when it's that hot. I use your same approach of closing blinds and doors and drapes to help block the heat and sun. It makes a huge difference! And I use the opposite approach in Winter to get some "free heat."  ;) :D

Oldguy, got cards tonight?

BrokenLug, wow. Just WOW!! What a place! AWESOME you got to go and see and experience that!!!  :)

Peace. The World Needs Peace.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 04:42:55 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #9923 on: October 07, 2023, 04:53:03 PM »

CLynn Maggie has an internal clock for chow, 5pm late Fall/Winter and 4pm for Spring/Summer. Tks for the Sydney Sea Eagles - SE31 & SE32 photo.
The 2023 edition of the Farmers’ Almanac; Munchkins snaps were fun. Any on the horizon?  :)

KB TWC looks better for you; 'pet you horsey' is too cute  ;)

Lisa tks for the Sydney snaps,  cutie in cute footies

Lori thanks for sharing  Southern Living Mag's  piece on SWFL Eagle Cam wonderful the periodical is spotlighting wildlife.   Oh! I have that same 'Dracula Kitty' on Pinterest!  Still munching on the do-nots from the other day.

Tig good luck with your garden

T40 tks for sharing Jack Zhi / Bird Photographer of the Year 2023 photo--awesome; enjoyed the videos --- Especially Michael Jackson kitties,  'Perfect neighbor' kitty side splitting RxCKSTxR Comedy and Eagle Zoom
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 08:27:10 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #9924 on: October 07, 2023, 06:05:54 PM »

Baz, I knew we had something in common!  Honeymoon in Key West. Eating conch!  Had a bunch of shrimp as well!   Lol

The 6 ft. Plus wall of pine trees that made exiting from my drive way a hazard was removed last week or the first of this week.  The top of the tree from across the street  that blocked two streets  was moved Friday morning long with a small pile of stuff some one put there. It  is all finally off my property and my lawn guy checked the sprinkler heads yesterday and said they looked good!  On to another project!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 07:59:53 PM by karengramke »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9925 on: October 08, 2023, 12:49:55 AM »

BL, I'm very glad you're having a great time in the here and now! Living your life to the fullest. :)

Oldguy, loved Wilbur and Charlie, as well as shelter cat and baby... I hope you have a good night with the cards.

Clynn, Mike is fine and so are the girls and pets... love the beautiful Sea Eaglets, sweet pic of them snuggled close.... the Black Eaglet is a beauty.... we've read in a couple of stories that we will have a wet winter, maybe starting mid-November. That would be great! ...  I hope you have a good weekend and get to see the munchkins.

Kb, cute dog and horse  :)

Lori, thank you for the beautiful pics and SWFL update! Love your Caturday pics, the black kitty strutting, LOL! The  Mocha Frappe looks delicious!

Tig, interesting about the use of chili powder.

Hi Puff, cute post about activities in and around SWFL nest.  :)

Eagles, Mike is fine. He's enjoying football, great games... And their AZ Diamondback won.

T40 the Michael Jackson gang approaching the dog. LOL! You can imagine what the dog is thinking. LOL!! Fun Caturday videos.... Beautiful winning photo of the peregrine falcon and brown pelican
Lisa, your precious baby girl Sydney looks like her daddy more and more each day! Love those beautiful eyes.  :-*

{{{Karen and Piper}}}

Baz, Congratulations to your Tarheels! 40-7! Jayhawks won too, it was a good day for football.
Yes, the World needs Peace!

{{{Hi Tsk}}}    :)

Good night!

Praying for Peace

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim,Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, Tig's Zeus, TRR Sloth Robin, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 01:01:43 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #9926 on: October 08, 2023, 05:56:43 AM »

The Secretary Bird, a largely terrestrial bird of prey, endemic to Africa..

They are exceptional walkers, look at those legs!, but also great flyers...the tallest raptor in the world.

Happy Sunday all...and of course football day.

will be able to watch the Kansas City Chiefs vs. the Vikings today as the game is not on our local Fox9 channel so it will be played in English!.

Just been slowly moving garden art inside and cutting back some perennials that are in my way to winterize.

Phyl

« Reply #9927 on: October 08, 2023, 06:13:45 AM »

Good Morning Everyone... 

Currently 50F   High  62F sunny,  Low 46 F  clear.
Getting to be the 'Brrrr! time for us

OG how was the card game last night ?

Tsk   Gosh. Hope I haven't  missed 'something' ...and all's well

KB enjoy the Chiefs Vs Vikings game today

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people.
All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2023, 06:20:57 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #9929 on: October 08, 2023, 06:16:14 AM »

Newman on site this morning, at sunrise on the nest box perch, then at 8:15 on the large feeding ledge.  Haven't seen him eating anything for a long time, but must be, just off camera.

Paddlewheeler, LaCrosse Queen, came through the locks heading upriver, turned around, and back through the locks between about 11:00 and noon.  Perfect day for a river cruise.

GSB 10-7-23 Peregrine in pink sunrise.JPG

GSB 10-7-23 Bare-legged Newman @8AM.JPG

GSB 10-7-23 Newman on the large feeding ledge @8-15AM.JPG

* GSB 10-7-23 Paddlewheeler turning around at bouoy @11-30AM.JPG

#IstandwithEvan