Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 492974 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9630 on: September 29, 2023, 09:15:54 AM »

currently 56 - high of 69 - increasing clouds later with a chance of a shower tomorrow Saturday morning.

Tig - Thank you  :-[   Hope all went well with the appt.

Lani - Saw the two chicks - thank you for posting!  Chick jumping up & down on Maanaki's nest!
Pretty night pic.

Kb - Yaay for the rain you are getting!

Tsk - Tim is not too fond of bacon on pizza, but does he like it with eggs?

LisaG - Jeff is probably working from home today?  Either way, have a nice day and a great weekend!

Phyl - Thanks for 'Nature' - beautiful.

Clynn - Like Snoopy this morning!  Good to see the Berry College eagles  :)

RIP Dianne Feinstein

Beakers have a nice day  :)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #9631 on: September 29, 2023, 09:33:56 AM »

bounce

KB - Amen indeed! Glad we mowed yesterday.
I just finished a call to Tyson customer service, as Camper found a small bone in the chicken chili I made a couple of days ago.  ::)
There has been a change in plans - so puppies are not coming (90% sure).
A rainy - work on paperwork kinda day...

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #9632 on: September 29, 2023, 09:52:36 AM »

Not only Friday - It's National Coffee Day Friday!!!!!  Can't believe none of our coffee fiends haven't been waiting for the sunrise.  (We actuall had a delayed sunrise because of  heavy ground fog.  Less than 1/4 miles - still a smidge hanging on.)  And, as the official tea tottler on this end, I even celebrated by brewing a pot of pure Kona, from the islands.  Are you there Lani ?   I have a fresh bag waiting for the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year just in case I can celebrate fresh coffee for the season.  Can't throw out the old  :o  and won't even mix it.  Lots of friends drop in for my tradition of cookies, cucidati, Collin Street fruitcake, and kona.

I've been listening (?) to the conversations about pains, shots, and getting older.  I bet you all know I'm part of the group.  Knees got bad in my 50's, had two replacements by about 2000.  Ton's success set a good prognosis/example.  Did them about 2 years apart.  But it all goes back the that daxx arthritis.  Now??? from my neck down to, yes, my toes.
We all know, no cure, it gets worse, and really limits us in the end.  And, none of us has given up! 

First, I have to mention my IV experience in July---two staff nurses, a head nurse, and a guru in a white caftan thingy wearing something like a fez, finally did the opening of the vein.  Funny thing is the guru (for lack of a better word, no disrespect) is the one who got the IV flowing.  Not only that, but several times during the week there were other techniques where it was used again so it was good he got something opened.  Not only that, but it was in my underarm!?!?!?   There's a first--first time I even ever heard of such a thing.  Easy and fast it was, lickey split.

And then there's the story of arthritis in my spine.  I do have dates, even have a log of all this "stuff"  but let's just say about 2000 I started getting the serious drugs into the spine/sciatic.  I took the offer of being put out.  Boy am I glad about this.  Takes about 15 minutes once your "down".  Next thing I know is I'm in recovery having juice and graham crackers.  As usual precaution Ton needed be there and drive me home - no not really.  He would drive to Omega where I would treat for breakfast.  Treatment had to be about 4 months apart; think I had 6 treatments.  That worked!  Now it's the hip.  Now that doc has located closer to his home.  I just hope he didn't retire.  I might contact him once I get clearance from current issues.  Didn't get the same vibes+ from the recent ortho.  Dang arthritis.

Hey, listen, my coffee got cold.  Back to the liquid treat.

P   

LisaG1967

« Reply #9633 on: September 29, 2023, 10:54:07 AM »

clynn - We are getting a light misty rain.  Yay, on the Berry season starting.  I haven't checked on those guys in a while.  Your first IV experience sounded like Jeff's, and one reason he hates to go have any procedure done.   :-\

Phyl - Thanks for the link about Dianne...RIP!

E4E - Yep, Jeff is home working.  He is on his lunch break right now.  ;D You and Kris have a nice weekend, too. 

tig - Awww, no puppies  :(

Puff - I think I will drink another coffee, with all your mention of coffee.  :D

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9634 on: September 29, 2023, 11:46:43 AM »

TGIF Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #9635 on: September 29, 2023, 12:05:22 PM »

https://decorahnews.com/news/10054/meaningful-migration-the-where-when-why-and-how-of-hawk-migration/

Dave Kester, of RRP fame, is giving a presentation on hawk migration Oct. 1.  I'm hoping RRP records it on video for our enjoyment.
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

kbshcb

« Reply #9636 on: September 29, 2023, 12:08:01 PM »

OMG the cute poodle? in your gif....so funny.

tallied 1 inch since this morning....makes it 3 inches in a week for me...My sis and out west of me has tallied about 10 inches. So needed here and I bet the Minnehaha Falls is a flowing!

Been busy running errands all morning. with an afternoon break in the rain Ollie and I should make our walk after it dries a bit....woot woot!

No Andrew for me this week. I'll reach out next week, as I'm sure the rain cramped his style of other contracts he has.

kbshcb

« Reply #9637 on: September 29, 2023, 12:18:58 PM »

I forgot to mention:

I have 6 more miles to reach 65,000 miles on my 23 year old Jeep...purchased used 21 years ago with already 27 of those 65 thousand miles on it.

Ol Nellie is in countown mode to 65,000!....

Puff

« Reply #9638 on: September 29, 2023, 12:25:57 PM »

TGIF Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Thought for a while that it was a stuffed animalLani .  Cute!

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9639 on: September 29, 2023, 12:56:42 PM »

EAGLES   Same with me with flu shot - I volunteered in a 2nd grade classroom back in the late 90's where my friend was the teacher - That Xmas I was sicker than a dog!  Missed holiday parties.  Flu shot ever since - Got mine early this AM  Treating my self to Greek Wedding 3 this afternoon - Tim's playing golf with his brother.     " Good Morning Cafe"  ;D    Bacon every other way except on pizza  LOL

PHYL  It was a spray anesthetic - like Florymethane I believe - Nothing IV or by mouth.

CLYNN  Always loved Snoopy  ;D   " Squinnies"?    LOLOL  Notice how the juvie sea eagles quieted during "nooky"  LOLOL

TIG   So was the bone in a pkg of "boned" breasts or thighs that you used?

PUFF   Getting old is not for the faint of heart :o

EBURGH  I hope they record it as well.  Thanks for the heads up.

KB  Easy to see how Andrew got behind with all that rain.
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #9640 on: September 29, 2023, 01:08:06 PM »

It was in ready pulled chicken! She asked me to describe the appearance of the bone in detail... 1.25 inches, gray, etc.
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

T40cfr403

« Reply #9641 on: September 29, 2023, 02:04:06 PM »

Majority of national parks will close and annual Fat Bear Week canceled if government shuts down, Biden admin warns

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/29/politics/national-parks-fat-bear-week-shutdown/index.html

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #9642 on: September 29, 2023, 03:01:19 PM »

Happy Friday, Beakers!

LilBro, HAPPY BELATED 4th BIRTHDAY TO PENNY!!! Adorable!! Loved all the pics!!

Lori, thanks for sharing LilBro's Penny pics! Cute bunnies!!

Karen, hope you get your appt for your shot for your back soon!

Lani, awww... love Sharon's pic of the bear, the blue jay, and the chipmunk! I think it was Sharon's pic! Hope I'm remembering that right. Only 4 juvie R/As left! Love the one that went down the hill and landed on Maanaki's nest! LOL.

Tig, glad you're not bruised. Pretty garden pics.

Lisa, what a great pic of you, Bradley, and Sydney!  You've been holding out on us!

Clynn, thanks for sharing Lisa's pic. Love the Mother/Son pic of Talon and Sydney!! LOL on squinnies... cute... a new name for me!

KB, are the big dig machines done and gone from your neighborhood now?

Phyl, that was the same posture used for my lumbar punctures/spinal taps.

Puff, wish they could cure arthritis.  There are so many different kinds... I have it from my head to the tip-of-my-toes, too - except not in my back. Strange but true. LOL.  Mine was diagnosed when I was 10 years old.

TSK, good turnout for the priest's pizza party!

Waving to All the Beakers!

I've started back with taking 30-minute walks, now that the temps and humidity aren't as high. I'm going to try to go most days, at least 5 times a week, and extend the time from time to time, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise... as they say. At least, that's the plan for now. My bad knee complains loudest, of course, but I tell it too bad, it's coming with me. ;)  I will adjust time and pace as needed, but it feels good to get back out there.

Got my flu shot today - the Fluzone High Dose (HD) Quadrivalent, as recommended for my age group. I've gotten the high dose since it became available.

Take care, All.  :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #9643 on: September 29, 2023, 03:23:38 PM »

tsk I noticed what you did in the Sydney video, the eaglets got all quiet when hanky panky was going on, and they were watching!  ;D  On the Squinnies. I call them chipmunks.  https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/life/2015/10/28/if-you-know-what-squinny-youre-probably-des-moines/74680422/   I just took this picture an hour ago, the chipmunk that I mentioned earlier, that lives out front. There he is!

T40, that is not good news, I hope they can get it all straightened out!

kb, so what did you drive instead of Nellie? Or did you just not go anywhere very far away?

Lisa, two Senators who have spoken about Diane Feinstein have choked up while remembering her life in the Senate. I learned about Seersucker Thursday! https://www.senate.gov/about/traditions-symbols/seersucker-thursday.htm

Phyl, yes, RIP Diane Feinstein... She was a trailblazer for women!

Lani, that cute little poodle in the basket! She seems to like wearing the sunglasses!

Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward photographed in the kitchen of their home in Beverly Hills, 1958. Photo by Sid Avery.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #9644 on: September 29, 2023, 03:30:36 PM »

Baz - Yes dear....the big dig machines finished and are gone just today, a Friday! No more gas line cuts, yah!

clynn - Scott always had his own vehicle..other than when Chris was in college and took my jeep, it sat in the garage as I drove with Scott of course.