Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 476338 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9511 on: September 26, 2023, 01:16:01 AM »

Eagles, I'm glad you enjoyed the Sloth segment too. I loved it! Today's chatters on Sloth cam were very excited about it!

Tsk, glad Tim likes the new mattress.

Lisa, cute story about you, Jeff and the gas pump. Mike takes care of my car and I start the grill .. life is all about compromise isn't it.  ;D
Manaaki, UQ, maybe UQuarry and others have a 6 year tracker on them. I'll look it up and send it to you.

Kb, The Puli dog is a fierce little guy. I'm sure I've seen this beautiful herding bred on Westminster shows. I wished we could have seen UQ's big moment too! I keep checking on the albatross discussion site. They are waiting for 9 to fledge, including the one I posted yesterday. She's still in sight of the Port Harbor Bay cam. Oh, I just read your post to Clynn, thanks for more info. I bet your pork carnitas was delicious.... I hope the cute gas line was repaired...

Baz, I'm going to get Lucy Cooks' book too. Love the 60 minutes segment on the Sloths too.  :-* ... thanks for the info on Costco.

Phyl, thanks for nature video.

Tig, good heart check today... good luck tomorrow.  :)

Clynn, Thanks for posting the link to the cbs video on the sloths.... Nice pic of M15 and new Lady... The remaining 9 Albatross chicks are nested lower down the sloop. The Port Harbor Bay cam is located higher up the hill and takes photos every few minutes. There are two Albatross in sight of that camera. The main cam will continue to be on. And there's a Signal cam.....
Yesterday I posted a photo and Lady Hawk had a video of YD21 looking at the main cam. Her nest area is seen in this pic just posted a few minutes ago on the Port Harbor Bay cam.

Mich-pip  ;D

Oldguy, great cat story, and I agree that has to be the man that does the Walter Santi videos...

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Phyl and Jim, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Baz, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, Tig's Zeus, TRR Sloth Robin, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #9512 on: September 26, 2023, 01:28:57 AM »

SEDS

A very savvy guide once said to me you can only trip into our day once

« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 01:36:48 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #9513 on: September 26, 2023, 01:48:32 AM »

Bazi this is some Bassist https://producelikeapro.com/blog/leland-sklar-legendary-bassist-w-2000-credits-to-his-name/

BL, oh don't you know it - he's one of my all-time favs!! I loved that he was using his old bass in that Playing For Change project song.  :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

BrokenLug

« Reply #9514 on: September 26, 2023, 01:51:58 AM »

;)
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #9515 on: September 26, 2023, 06:21:03 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Tuesday !   

Currently 63F   High  89F sunny,  Low 63 F  very high pollen

BL  ;)

Bazi yes, tks.

Prayers for:   Lahaina   Maui, HI and Morocco  ; All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere and Successful recovery from  Hurricanes  Idalia  & Hilary; Tropical  Storm  Ophelia ; The Beakroom and Cheers.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #9517 on: September 26, 2023, 06:54:18 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, I think I have the Albatross schedule straight in my mind! The birds that will be coming in and laying their eggs soon are the ones that have been out at sea and laid their last egg two years ago. They are all nest sharing!  You have given us the whole picture this year and I thank you for that!  Happy for UQ, wish we could have seen his take off! YD21 looks lonely...

baz, sounds like there may have been more than one attempt by most to get to the perfect fried green tomatoes! I have never tried to make them!

kb, this year has really taken a toll on the planet. It's getting scary...

tig, David McCallum, such a great character in everything he was in, perfect on NCIS! Sad to lose him...RIP...

BL, thanks for the Playing for Change, love hearing/watching those! My fave, with a few VIPs singing:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHo1fNnXFVU

Phyl, cute chubby squirrel, this has been a strange year here, haven't seen very many of them in the yard, plenty of chipmunks though. I prefer squirrels, they don't dig holes... thanks for the Nature 365, I have never seen a male deer laying down!

Venice Simplon-Orient-Express. Made up of original 1920s and 30s European carriages, faithfully restored to their original elegance. See more: https://themindcircle.com/venice-simplon-orient-express/?fbclid=IwAR0JbccMTMwC0sCODxYq3WKz8pTM0h-VReLcnzyjpHf6-gGsV1mmxZkUQNM

Wild Heart Ranch - cemetery close to the Ranch...

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9518 on: September 26, 2023, 07:08:44 AM »

GOOD MORNING BEAKERS

BL   So sad in a way that photos now have to be defended. >:(       Where have you not been that you would like to go???   Love those "Playing for Change" pieces.

MICH-PIP    ;) ;)

KB  What a difference in the Falls  :o

OLDGUY   So much competition in the "band world"

TIG  Good luck today   Oh I'm so sad to hear about "Ducky"  I've watched him from the very beginning of his career.  :(

PHYL  The age of no secrets and total exposure  :o :o :P

LANI   Best friends all tucked in last night  ;D

CLYNN   As good as the tomatoes were I'm not likely to make again.  Too messy a project and I'm suffering a bit today from the fried food.
Another good "Playing for Change"  :D     That Orient Express is absolutely stunning.  :o :o  Wonder how much the trip costs?

Today we remember our sweet JPALM's heavenly b-day
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 07:25:47 AM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

« Reply #9520 on: September 26, 2023, 07:39:47 AM »

Happy Heavenly birthday Jpalm!

Lani

« Reply #9521 on: September 26, 2023, 07:49:32 AM »

Brook Falls Otis! Here's looking at you kid!  :-*
This was posted in the chatroom this morning. Taken by bearlover yesterday! He looks great!!  :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

We're going to the valley early this morning.
I'm getting my hair cut, trip to Costco and Trader Joe.
It's going to be 105 in Scottsdale today. UGH!
It's 53 here in Payson this morning.
Have a good day Everyone!

LisaG1967

« Reply #9522 on: September 26, 2023, 07:59:55 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - Your tomatoes sounded delish, and mmmm, dipped in ranch, yum!  Oh no, you are not feeling good from the fried foods. ((HUGS))

E4E - I love the Safeway gas rewards!  I load up my digital coupons every Friday, and also the digital ones for the extra gas points.

tig - So sad about "Ducky".  Loved him on NCIS.  Good luck with your test today!

baz - I fry food on rare occasions now, but you are right, sometimes a good fried veggie is too hard to pass up.  I love me some fried okra!

Lani - Yes, all about compromise.  Thanks!  I wasn't sure if the Royals had a tracker or just a band. Enjoy your outing.  Otis looks alot better than when he first showed up!

Phyl - Cute lil squirrel this morning, and thanks for Nat 365.

clynn - The Venice Simplon-Orient-Express, beautiful!  "Simple pleasures"

Happy Heavenly Birthday to Jpalm!

clynndunn

« Reply #9523 on: September 26, 2023, 08:09:23 AM »

Happy Heavenly Birthday jpalm!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

clynndunn

« Reply #9524 on: September 26, 2023, 08:23:22 AM »

Lani, have a fun day in the valley, lots of stuff for you and Mike to do and then return to relax in your forest home... Otis is looking good and is hopefully fattened up!

tsk, here is a link to the prices for the Orient Express trips. 1 US Dollar =0.82 Pound Sterling (so it would be 80% of the pound sterling price)  https://www.luxurytraintickets.com/venice-simplon-orient-express

Lisa, we have 'fuel savers' at our grocery store, I let Erin use mine. He always seems to own a gas hog!

tig, wow, that's a real 'roughing it' cabin! Nice!

Saw this in an email blog I subscribe to:

WE ARE A GENERATION THAT WILL NEVER COME BACK.

A generation that walked to school and then walked back.

A generation that did their homework alone to get out asap to play in the street.

A generation that spent all their free time in the streets with their Friends.

A generation that played hide and seek when dark.

A generation that made mud cakes.

A generation that collected sports cards.

A generation that found, collected and washed & Returned empty coke bottles to the local grocery store for 5 cents each , then bought a Mountain Dew and candy bar with the money.

A generation that made paper toys with their bare hands.

A generation who bought vinyl albums to play on record players.

A generation that collected photos and albums of clippings of their life experiences as a Kid.

A generation that played board games and cards on rainy days.

A generation whose TV went off at midnight after playing the National Anthem.

A generation that had parents who were there.

A generation that laughed under the covers in bed so parents didn't know we were still awake.

A generation that is passing and unfortunately it will never return no matter how hard we try.

I loved Growing up when I did. it was the best of times.