Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 476194 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8805 on: September 06, 2023, 10:29:44 AM »

Eeks....my first bee sting in years!...pulling out a weed out of my lawn without gloves on.
Getting complacent I guess.
Nothing worse than a bee sting on your thumb!
I'll be fine....better not cramp my style though I have a boat load of things to do outside with my hands this week...catching up after heat prevented much at all.
Wear those gloves!

I'm overseeding the lawn this week and some bare spots from tree removal etc...bought myself one of those manual aerators you step on to pull out plugs before seeding.
Just small areas and on a hill so we shall see.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 10:31:39 AM by kbshcb »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8806 on: September 06, 2023, 11:28:55 AM »

Nara  :-*

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Eagles, Luna was such a sweet fun dog. She and our old dog Bandit was very close. It took Bandit a while to get use to little Dewey. He never hurt Dewey, because he knew Dewey belonged to Aly, and Bandit loved Aly, but this little yappy thing was a hard change for him. He didn't look at Aly for a week or so. LOL! We always wondered if we should have taken Bandit with us when we decided it was time for Luna. Bandit couldn't stop looking for Luna for quite a while.

Clynn, no, they're not shutting down the Albatross cams. New Zealand is 17 hours ahead of us. It's already Thursday there, 4:12am the 7th. I usually wait a day to post their videos, but that was such a nice close up, I couldn't resist.... it was 52 degrees this morning, it'll jump up to low 90's today... then it will cool down again by night. Which makes it nice for our AC. Next week daily temps should be in the low 80's. Some of the maple leaves are starting to turn red. That means the valley temps will cool down to the high 90's. My favorite time of year.

karen, praying not another hurricane coming your way.

Lisa, safe travels and fun day in Annapolis.

Tsk, Aly went to live in Kragero, Norway following a Norwegian friend she went to college with. She had several friends from Norway at the Academy of Art in San Francisco. She is still very close with them and their families. Also, close with a North Ireland college friend and her family. Yes, she brought home Luna, she loved the water. She passed away from cancer a year after we moved to Payson. Then Aly found Dewey at a small dog rescue in Scottsdale.

BL, sad to see another one coming.

Phyl, oh my what a handsome well groomed boy!  ;D

Luna on the passenger seat and Bandit behind the wheel waiting on Aly 2013 ;D :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8807 on: September 06, 2023, 11:32:51 AM »

9/5 #RoyalCam 2 in 1

Wonder where they walked too.
NTF chick & Q chick returned  from a morning walk to be greeted by Manaaki & UQ chick

and yesterday. Run Parent Run   ;D
A parent either arriving or leaving ran into 3 yapping chicks. Manaaki UQ & Q chicks

https://twitter.com/i/status/1698860641887662397

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #8808 on: September 06, 2023, 12:01:02 PM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1699310151608799429

video of the space station passing over Mpls and St. Paul....then an electrical storm over WI..pretty cool

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8809 on: September 06, 2023, 12:06:59 PM »

some bounce
KB... Ouch
Everything hurts today. Hmmm...
Pool was nice, but hot tub was not hot.
Resting until my lap warmers arrive.  ;)
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #8810 on: September 06, 2023, 12:17:44 PM »

karen - Yes, I got to see kitty when I visited Sydney.  Kitty is getting big.  We think she is almost as big as Misty.  Misty is a petite cat. 

clynn - I had appointment at ENT for my T-tube check.  I go every 3 months.  Aww, the dog and duck pic!  What have you been doing now that you don't have Bella on Wednesday's?

Puff - You got quite a bit of rain. 

E4E - Thank you.  Sounds like you are having nice temps...73!

kb - You have been busy this morning.  Ouch!  I hope you are ok with that bee sting. 

Lani - Aww, love the pic of Luna and Bandit.  Thanks for the TRR pics and the Royal update. 

((tig)) - Feel better

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8811 on: September 06, 2023, 12:59:23 PM »

LISA   Safe trip!

CLYNN  I think Puff got more than we did.  Not sure if even measurable in the gauge.  Awww  dog and duck hug.  Flashback  :o :o

PUFF  You had a pretty good rain.  Not that much here.

KB   Good job with the multi task  ;D ;D    How cool was that space station view  :o :o

LANI   Sweet Nara  :)  Thanks for Aly's connection to Norway and that she went to school in San Fran.  I remember when Luna died.  :(

TIG  Doesn't take much to get the aches and pains.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 01:44:20 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8812 on: September 06, 2023, 02:12:19 PM »

tsk, well at least you got more rain than we did, which was zilch, zero, nada...  ;D

Lisa, I kind of scheduled myself around Wednesdays, it's taking a bit of getting used to! I am so used to saying 'any day but Wednesday' when setting up appointments!  Not that I am getting any more things done though! I kind of got myself hooked on watching Bones on TV. I never watched it before, and it's on 3 different channels here. Now I look ahead and can skip ones I have seen...

tig, just get yourself comfortable, all else will wait!

kb, take a break now and then! We have some good weather coming around!

Lani, cute tweet of the 3 chicks and the parent! Cute when the parent skedaddles, was it Manaaki that was in close pursuit? I had asked if the cam was shutting down because it read 'last look' in the description. Glad it's still on! Love your picture of Luna and Bandit on their car ride, maybe they were meeting up with Toonces! So Aly lived in Norway, how exciting, probably a good place for art! I really enjoy finding out little bits and pieces of each other's lives, it weaves us together...  Sweet Nara...

E4E, yes, Ed was a Marine, shouldn't say 'was', they say once a Marine, always a Marine.' I will now be expecting a picture of your son for our Veterans tributes!

karen, you are kidding about the 1970's school bus being Bella's bus! She doesn't ride the bus, they are too close to the school!  Any more yard work being done in your yard? I think you are doing an excellent job of being home and even by yourself a lot! I knew you would be better off at home instead of laying there ringing that bell!

When A 96-Year-Old Woman Sold Her Home, Real Estate Agents Were Stunned By What They Found Inside

https://www.tacorelish.com/when-a-96-year-old-woman-sold-her-home-real-estate-agents-were-stunned-by-what-they-found-inside/19/?utm_source=cp&utm_campaign=nsy-d-us-r-one-trtraf-200901-tr-cp-g8&utm_medium=blank&utm_content=blank&utm_term=blank&pp=0&epik=dj0yJnU9UzNGdjNScHNPTTF6UnJCeW4wOE5pUEFSeWVPdHUyUmsmcD0xJm49M1RjaW1GTHJISUZwSzcyc1Boem4ydyZ0PUFBQUFBR1QwYi1z

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8813 on: September 06, 2023, 03:17:16 PM »

Howdy Beakers!  :)

Clynn, I love the duck and dog hug!  :-* :-*  I'm going to believe it is real. Thanks! It made me go, "awww."  :)  That hairstyle, on the girl who is front and center in your throwback school bus picture, is back in style now! I had that same hairstyle in 1972-73.  ;D  Keep your Wednesdays!!!  ;D

Lani, hugs and  :-* :-* to you for your monthly food donations to the NABC.   You have a bear named after you!  :)  Awww... that's such a great picture from the wayback of Bandit and Luna in the car waiting for Aly... gotta make you chuckle still.  :D :-* :-*

Tsk, a Monarch flew past me out front yesterday. I thought it was coming to me. It didn't, LOL, but I was hoping!  I did tell it to turn around and fly the opposite way, because it was heading North!  ;) :D :D

Both sets of The Twin "greats" had their 1st day of school recently. They all loved it! None of them are in the same classroom as the other, by design. So they get at least a few hours a day not with their twin!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 03:09:51 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8814 on: September 06, 2023, 03:39:53 PM »

baz, for some reason I didn't realize that the twins were all from the same family! (or I just forgot!) When you say they left from Dad's house, you mean Dad supervised the first day of school outfit and hair? Let's hope they are at Mom's for picture day!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8815 on: September 06, 2023, 03:45:37 PM »

LOL, Clynn... you are correct on all counts!!  ;D  My Lil Sis has 2 children - the 4 twins are her son's kids, and my LGN and Baby Bro are her daughter's kids.  :)

Later, Beakers! I never had lunch... yet! I have The Hongries! Gotta hit up the kitchen for some eats!  :D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 03:47:53 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8816 on: September 06, 2023, 04:22:43 PM »

bounce
My lap is warm. Prayers for Zeus... Lil one has been battling cancer for years. This time I need to administer meds again. He is happy and mobile, but his mom and the vet did discuss whether it is time this morning.  :-[
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #8817 on: September 06, 2023, 04:46:17 PM »

tsk - Had a safe trip, and back across the bridge tomorrow to pick up Jeff's car.  They called this evening to say the upholstery shop had finished the work on the sunroof, and it was back at the dealership.  Best part...we don't have to pay a thing, as it was covered under warranty!

clynn - I don't think I ever watched Bones.  Every time we get hooked on a show, its either cancelled, or the next season takes a year to come on.  We got hook on Anne Rice's, Mayfair Witches show staring Alexandra Daddario .  That was so good.  I hope there is a season 2!  ;D the complaint to Amazon!

baz - Great pics of the two sets of twins!  I love that all want to be something different when they grow up. 

tig - Prayers for Zeus! 

Have a good night, everyone!

oldguy

« Reply #8818 on: September 06, 2023, 06:09:22 PM »

Hello Beakers

It has been a cool cloudy & breezy day  :)  We briefly made it to 76 about 4pm when the cloud cover opened up for about 30 minutes - now back down to 68 and dew point of 62.  Yesterday it was 87 with a dew pt. of 73 - very uncomfortable. 

Yesterday we started putting out Christmas - lighted wire frame animals and blowmolds.  Also sold a snow blower.  We are sold out on 4 models of lawn mowers, with everything left on the floor.

Hurricane Lee is expected to get to Cat4, but I like that the spaghettis, show most of them agreeing on it staying out to sea.
Hurricane Lee forms   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9zIor5CZX0

Even a Storm Can't Keep Me From Shopping With My Cat! (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBABtT9m3NQ

The Sitter has Penny chopping ham!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cIFZLm0iwo

Cats enjoy the garden in late summer   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmQ1uMHYxdI
Maru wants the Miri's box   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3SwK4Ln_ks

The first ever video of Appalachian music (1928) | "Doggett Gap"    -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVxjnXEEBnU

Read the description for the back story on this song selection...
Quarantine Kids play "Come Monday"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQgeEyzBxrE

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #8819 on: September 06, 2023, 06:16:11 PM »

sorry, tig.....how old is zeus?....don't remember hearing a thing about it, but may be my memory of it.
and what kind of cancer?

It's only 64 outside and with the windows open most of the day, it's now cold inside...what a drastic change.
Won't last all that long, but still