Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 494788 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8445 on: August 25, 2023, 07:29:43 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....T.G.I. F.!!!

Phyl - Pretty morning sky at Flyway.  Hope Jim feels better soon.

Lani - I am really going to make the Suddenly Salad the way you did.  That sounds so good!

E4E - Glad to hear that sis has done well since her surgery.  Mom still doing ok, since her surgery?

clynn
- I make Spaghetti Salad too using the Salad Supreme.  Our stores don't sell it, but I did but it from Amazon.  Sydney kids are getting big!

Off to Annapolis to take something to Fed Ex for Jeff.  Be back later!

karengramke

« Reply #8446 on: August 25, 2023, 09:54:52 AM »

When I lived in El Paso, Tx in the early 60s I lived in a house with a swamp cooler.  Big thing on the roof!  Seemed to work well!  Fun days livingon the border and the desert!
fun morning greetings today!  Will be a little over a hundred sometime this weekend!  No plans for outside work but will spend sometime out with Piper!  All of these pasta salads sound great!  Off to get another cuppa!  Phyl, has Jim seen the Doc?   Dang Louis!

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8447 on: August 25, 2023, 11:25:56 AM »

Royal Albatross Chick "Manaaki" Waddles In For A Close Up | DOC | Cornell Lab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU1ap4SVjkM

TGIF Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Karen and Piper, enjoy your time outside and stay cool.  :)

Lisa, safe travels  :)

{{{Tig}}} have a good day  :)

{{{Tsk}}} good luck with your appt.  :-*

{{{Clynn, Ed, Harley and Kelsey}}} .... {{{Honey}}}  :-*.  Love the gathering of the elk and Hobbit-like nook. I would love that, and so would the cats  ;D ....  Mike has given notice he will retire in two years, he'll be 82. Hopefully he will earn a good retirement package. We'll see.

Phyl, pretty at Flyaway this early morning!... prayers for Jim's healing... I confess, I don't like to visit doctors, my annual visit is as much as I can stand... interesting about the yellow-legged hornet.

I'm going to do a lot of extra cleaning, fire-wising, and organizing while Mike's away.
Also, next door neighbor asked me to take care of her vegetable garden while they're on
vacation in Canada. They doing that train trip that runs through Canada. That should be fun.
Have a good day!  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

oldguy

« Reply #8448 on: August 25, 2023, 11:29:14 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Yesterday was a repeat of Tue for temp and dewpoints and feel like temps - today has a little bit of releaf, only 74 for dew point instead of 84 and there is now a chance of rain - not much, but some.  High of only 94 (still too high for me) and feel like of 103.

Today's videos...
Crews work diligently to aerate the soil in an effort to save Lahaina's famous banyan tree   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBXrbOObOJY

Maru picked up my dropped item but doesn't want to return it   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvPd_A-bBec

The Clark Family had one of their dogs die last month - this is the introduction of 2 new dogs to the family...
Quarantine Kids play "Walking the Dog"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N10DTMtjwYo
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #8449 on: August 25, 2023, 12:55:20 PM »

TGIF, BEAKERS!  :)

I confess, I'm not really feeling it today,  :-\   but I will "fake it till I make it!"  8)

(((CLYNN + HARLEY + HONEY))) "Hatchback" is still in my lexicon! But my language memory center was tilting slightly the other day, so I said "liftback" when I couldn't locate "hatchback" right at that moment. I hope your screen part is in and you have your car back soon, and then maybe you can work on that hatchback issue some more.

TSK, awww, I'm sorry that Monarch didn't make it.  :'(   :-*  Nice to spread the milkweed seed pods to others!  It's hard to believe it's already 6 months since your back surgery! Looking back on all that, would you say you are back to the same level of mobility and comfort as before the problem developed? I hope Tom's pneumonia is on the way out.

KAREN, LOL on P.D. chewing on just the right part of the hearing aids! Do you have them back yet? Are they working just like new again?

LANI, gotta love that peek-a-boo cam shot of Manaaki! So cute! :-*   Iris and her giant pole-vault stick!!  IRIS STRONG!!!  :-* :-*

((Sending healing wishes to all the BEAKER FAMILY who are not feeling up to snuff.))

My neighbor had to go back to the hospital this past Sunday. She came home late Wednesday, and is doing better, but still recuperating, so I picked up and delivered her grocery list to her yesterday morning. Glad she doesn't need antibiotics now - the infection she had is gone. There may be an issue in her back causing the leg and foot numbness, which has improved, and her docs have done more testing and are looking further into that, but meanwhile, she will start in-home rehab to try to improve her walking ability some. It seems like a 2-steps forward, 1-step back kind of thing. I know she's frustrated, but she sounds like she's trying to wear a positive outlook. That helps.

CLYNN, Zippo would love to hang out on that twisty-turny branched stand with all the colorful hanging doo-dads, but they would all get pooped on!  8)   Re. the "knothole" room you posted... I would move in there in a heartbeat. Let's look at it again!  :)

I'm off to do a quick grocery run - I'm only going for 2 things, and I better only check out with 2 things!  ;) ;D

(((LAHAINA, MAUI, HAWAII)))

« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 01:01:49 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

kbshcb

« Reply #8450 on: August 25, 2023, 01:06:57 PM »

Just need to thank BL - for his recommendation of lemon drops for my parotid gland swelling.
Also, confirmed by my internist yesterday in our zoom meeting.

Lemon drops are acidic which is what is needed to reduce swelling in the gland and/or even dislodge a stone that might be in the duct.
I am 80-90 percent better.....Doc said no other treatment for this condition...However, chronically sucking on lemon drops might be too sugary!....LOL....

An extremely painful condition....and for me at least is totally related to my having Sjogrens syndrome.
Haven't had this since 6 years ago and on the other side.

Crossing my fingers another 6 years will go by at least before another "attack"

Thanks again, BL

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8451 on: August 25, 2023, 01:43:40 PM »

LANI   Manaaki  " I'm coming in for my close-up.  Get ready"  ;D  Good to hear Mike has made it official.  :)   I have often thought about doing that Trans Canada train trip.  Wonder if PUFF has done it.

OLDGUY   We are in the high 70's- cloudy which helps  DP 69 and humidity 67.  Much more tolerable today.  Got 1/3 of my milkweed cut down.  Thanks for the Banyan tree piece.   That silly Maru.  Q kids do have somewhat of a zoo... ;) ;)

BAZI  99% back and don't have to see him til a year has passed.  I can no longer touch my toes and long sitting is still not comfortable. Gardening has to get done in many shorter time spans.    Left leg strength is much stronger ( still a bit of a foot slap if I walk fast) and doc says my bone healing is complete.  All is good and for all practical purposes I'm back to normal.  I'm blessed.   Hope you feel better..Maybe just a funky day.
You are so good to your neighbor.  About how old is she?  Does she have family?    Hope you didn't forget the bacon at the store  LOL

KB   Great that BL's remedy was helpful  :D

CLYNN  Did you want me to send you more milkweed seeds??  Maybe just throw them in the ground and ignore them... ;) ;)

Would anyone else like some milkweed seeds?
Chicagoland

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #8452 on: August 25, 2023, 02:02:09 PM »

The above delicious Banana Split Dessert is a no-bake recipe with a graham cracker crust, a cream cheese pineapple layer, bananas, and cream with cherries on top!

Love & miss ya Lani, Tig, Clynn, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, E4E, KB, Bazi, pink, Blschue, T40, Lilbro, BrokenLug,  Nora, Jaspurr, Phyliz, EBURG, Karen, Jilltosa, Peep, Puff, Ssrl, Mass, Ezee,  MpMom, Godiva, Ginger, Oma, Weasel, Maxie, Lindy, Nanimal, Emyrauld, Nrstooge, Ruby, Paulie, F22Raptor, the Cheers group & ALL of you special eagle lovers!

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8453 on: August 25, 2023, 02:34:32 PM »

some bounce

((KB)) glad you are somewhat better

I got home from the pool and went out to further prune the grape. Luckily I decided to come in after an hour. As I locked the garage I realized I had pushed too much. I made it inside and recovered. I guess the humidity got to me.

Gotta go set the sprinkler on the sidewalk.
Later...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #8454 on: August 25, 2023, 02:41:19 PM »

some bounce

((KB)) glad you are somewhat better

I got home from the pool and went out to further prune the grape. Luckily I decided to come in after an hour. As I locked the garage I realized I had pushed too much. I made it inside and recovered. I guess the humidity got to me.

Gotta go set the sprinkler on the sidewalk.
Later...

It's much hotter and more humid than they predicted for today, tig....
They "predict" tomorrow will be lower humidity and temps.....we shall see...
I hate when they are that wrong myself.

kbshcb

« Reply #8455 on: August 25, 2023, 03:27:23 PM »

Awe....just northeast of the twin cities in Chisago County: Hope this little guy is okay.

CHISAGO COUNTY SHERIFF: Earlier this month, we received a call in Rushseba Township of a bear cub laying in someone’s driveway, appearing to be injured or sick. Deputy Finnegan found the cub in rough shape, appearing gaunt and probably separated from its mother for several days…
Deputy Finnegan contacted the Wildlife Rehabilitation Center in Roseville to arrange care for it. If emergency care is successful it will be transferred to Garrison, MN for further rehabilitation before being released on its own.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8456 on: August 25, 2023, 03:34:07 PM »

Lani, love the closeups of Manaaki!  I found the video below for you, it's wild! Good for you to get busy while Mike is gone. When does he come home?

Royal Albatross Chick Practices Hovering Under A Rainbow | DOC | Cornell Lab
Manaaki is putting his wings to work! As a rainbow arches over the headland, the young Northern Royal Albatross takes advantage of the strong winds to practice flapping and hovering. He's still a bit clumsy, but only a few weeks remain until Manaaki will be ready to fly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUuzW_Z3_5w

kb, pretty good advice from a fellow Beaker!

baz, I guess 'hatchback' is an old school word these days. The guy wrote liftback down despite what I called it...LOLOL! I got Honey's ashes yesterday and a plaster piece with her name and paw print on it. Tears again....

oldguy, I hope they can save the banyon tree. I watched another video that was on the side, a good drone view, so many places where one building is fine, with green grass, and then a whole section burned literally to the ground, and then some with just the roofs gone. I just cannot imagine cleaning it up...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_sjw5ex9z8

Lisa, you have crossed that bridge twice today!

tig, so how was the 'new' pool area?  Is your weather cooling off for tomorrow? We are supposed to have 83! 95 right now. Walkthrough the sprinkler!

tsk, I would love to have some more milkweed seeds! Good report from the Dr.! I do hope it continues to work itself back to normal (your back)!

Lori, love the banana cuties and the wonderful goodies! Hope you and yours are doing well! Pets for Destini...

SWFL Eagles - 8/24/2023:  More shots of Lady Eagle and M15 today by MLiz!!! These are gorgeous photos - and such a welcoming moment - we're getting close to Season 12.   I can't wait to see what will happen this year!!!  Thank you MLiz for letting us share your shots!!!!  M15 left, Female right

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8457 on: August 25, 2023, 04:43:36 PM »

Lol
The other day I was filling a glass at the tub and rinsing some hair  down from the back that was left from someone's shower, etc. When I turned off the spigot I went too far and the shower got the top of my head. Refreshing.  ::)
TGIF... Pizza night.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bringmethenews.com/.amp/minnesota-lifestyle/osprey-rescued-after-being-spotted-hanging-upside-down-in-prior-lake
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 05:07:36 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Puff

« Reply #8458 on: August 25, 2023, 05:16:16 PM »

TSKJust shown new routes being opened.  Saw a presentation last year, Rocky Mountaineer.  This here mountain lady was all set to pack my bags at the end of the night.  West coast of Canada the prettiest, very scenic and awe inspiring.  Driving it means one in the car is cheated from too many of the sights.  Only problem, even with US rails, is the high step up into the cars.  ADA adherance not as available, if at all, up north.  What's nice are routes with off/on stays if available.   

Banana Split Day!  This one sounds tempting to me.

KB Sorry the nice day didn't show up as promised.  Ours was nice here.  Made it to 83, only 69% humid. Rain front is threatening tomorrow, 70's.

P
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 05:21:39 PM by Puff »

LisaG1967

« Reply #8459 on: August 25, 2023, 05:21:10 PM »

clynn - Love all your pics from this morning, especially that book nook!  {{Honey}} Beautiful pic from MLiz of SWFL!

Lani - Aww, what an adorable pic of Manaaki!  I bet that train trip will be fun for your friend. 

tsk - Hope all goes good at back surgeon visit. Oh, I see your comment to baz....sounds like a good visit.

oldguy - Awww, the Q-Kids new pups are adorable.  Stay cool!

baz - You are a great neighbor to your neighbor.   :-*

kb - Glad to hear the lemon drops helped, and that you are feeling better! 

Lori - I have to say, I have made that Banana split dessert and it is delicious!!!!

tig
- Enjoy Pizza night!