Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 475288 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8400 on: August 23, 2023, 06:05:24 PM »

Here in the Cumberland Basin we reached 100F felt like 117F, instead of the forecast.
Currently 95F feeling like 111F  . Hot and humid at 47% out here in the more open spaces of Cane Ridge.

CLynn - that clip from BBT was a hoot! Thanks. ;  Luv the WildHeart Ranch Lemur and Lesley's bluejays  :-*  ;Munchkins look so happy and outfits are 'cool'. I do hope
            Bella had a wonderful very first day!  Talon met up with old friends.   Any word on you car repair or did I miss something?   Pink sunflowers?  LOL 'cow wash"

Tsk- the broken eggs  in shock--- ;D ;  Jim  ;D; Tom sitll improving?   ;) Tim's home safe.

Lisa- congrats on the weather; won't be long till video time w/ Sydney  :)  I use a salt substitute have for decades. Best I 've found is called 'No  Salt' it's potassium chloride and not sodium chloride (table salt)

Tig- good news no pain

KB-try to keep cool ---just keep the sheets on

E4E- what a nice cheerful cup!  And Congratulations to aunt/uncle on 42nd wedding anniversary---much happiness always.

OG- Penny video -cute

Lani- tks for the Royal update on Manaaki, UQ chick wingercizing---seemed they're facing same direction---enjoyed all the videos!

Bazi- Maggie uses a straw when 'drinking' milk shakes so no mustache!  ;) ;D 

{{{ Lahaina, Maui, HI }}}  🙏 's
{{{Successful recovery from  Hurricane Hilary}}} 🙏 's

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #8401 on: August 23, 2023, 06:07:58 PM »

Sending  everyone a' Good  Evening' and SEDs .   

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8402 on: August 23, 2023, 06:20:48 PM »

TIG    Our mail gal had our mail here before 11 AM today - Usually we're mid to late afternoon.  Hopefully she only worked half her route today and other half tomorrow - would not blame her nor be disappointed in not getting mail.

LISA   Loved the Suddenly Salad as did Tim altho I did not tell him how it was made  LOL  So many things you can do with it.   I'll keep a box or two on hand for a quick meal.  I never take the time to walk up and down aisles at the grocery - I'm in and out so subsequently miss out on items like this.   I really wish I would take the time to pop real popcorn in my popper - It's the best BUT I don't like the clean-up  LOL

PHYL   Tim home by noon and by 2 was sound asleep in his recliner.  Long trip and is exhausting.  He's back on track with his pills  :)  His bro is doing much better now that Barb is home. ::) ::)

So what did Lulu do while Tim was away??   She slept by my legs ALL NIGHT.  No playing until 5:30   LOLOL
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #8403 on: August 23, 2023, 08:28:05 PM »

Hugs for all of you!  Good news today is that the hearing aids are probably repaired!  They are being charged st the drs office and put under some kind of dryer they have to assure there is not a lot of pipers dna on them! They willtest them and let me know tomorrow!

Seds all and thanks for ra report, robins visit to Decorah, first day of school photos, lemur photo, etc!  Behave and keep cool.

BrokenLug

« Reply #8404 on: August 23, 2023, 11:35:31 PM »

Autumn is right around the corner.

We smelled it's fresh wind but good as Hilary's tail of precipitation wagged through west of us.
My Taylor Mercury Thermometer reads 57 ° F @ 11 pm edt here. no matter.
2500'
Humidity and Dewpoint go away as do the biting insects.

You know what happens when Fall calls.
Jeans
Boots
Fire

some sissy seals swaddled in cotton even   
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 12:50:55 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8405 on: August 24, 2023, 12:11:50 AM »

Tsk, glad Tim's home.... it must have been a good wind in the right direction for the Albatross chicks to practice with... Mike's likes his halibut made just like you do Tim's salmon. .. {{{Lulu}}}

Oldguy, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Kb, Karen, Phyl, and all, I'm sorry all of you are dealing with such oppressive heat.

Hi Puff  :)

Baz, delicious dinner and very healthy too.

{{{Kb}}}

Tig, a good night for yummy tacos!

Lisa, I'm glad your mom is feeling better. I'm sorry she's still testing positive.

SED Phyl

Karen, good news on your hearing aids.

BL, I'm looking forward to autumn.

Hi Eagles. I'm waiting for Mike to land in Texas. He should text me he's there soon.

Good night!

Storm rolling through Saguaro National Park, AZ taken at 7pm

Prayers for Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagle's mom, Tsk's friend Lynn & Husband and her DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Baz, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #8406 on: August 24, 2023, 06:15:45 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Thursday Y'all !

Currently 76F  fog;   High  100F sunny,  Low 76F  clear skies.  Humidity 95%[/ i]     

{{{ Lahaina, Maui, HI }}}  🙏 's
{{{Successful recovery from  Hurricane Hilary}}} 🙏 's

Jim home sick today and likely tomorrow. Got himself a 'chest' cold. Never listens to me. Sure hope he sees the Doc!

BL- Autumn is one of my fave seasons. Haven't had boots on my feet in a long time

Karen- good news on hearing aids

Tsk- gonna say Tim'd be tired. Awww {{LuLu}}

Lani-nice 'good night' last night; it's the humidity
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 06:35:41 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #8407 on: August 24, 2023, 06:16:33 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

August 23, 2023: NestFlix and News from the Flyway
August 23, 2023  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/08/23/august-23-2023-nestflix-and-news-from-the-flyway/

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #8409 on: August 24, 2023, 06:28:41 AM »

The Mississippi River Flyway presenting itself today...

Aug 24, 2023 6:25 AM
Camera Time: Aug 24, 2023 6:25 AM CDT
Birchwoman

#IstandwithEvan

jilltosa

« Reply #8410 on: August 24, 2023, 07:02:17 AM »

CLYNN You mentioned Penseys Spices -- yesterday it was 101 at "their home" and a record for the day! Their location does not often get to 100. It was not pleasant!!! (Yes, I live near Penseys.)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8411 on: August 24, 2023, 07:22:07 AM »

HI EVERYONE

82 heading to 100.  DP 78 and humidity 87%

KAREN   That was pretty quick on the hearing aides.  :)

LANI   Hope all is well this AM and that Mike had a good night's sleep in prep for the arduous days ahead.  :o  Desert storms can be beautiful.

PHYL   Hugs to Jim.  Sure hope it is just a "regular" cold.   Enjoyed the piece on What Americans did to keep cool.  " Added windows"  :o

JILLTOSA   Great to see you.  Is Penseys on North Ave around 60th?
Chicagoland

jilltosa

« Reply #8412 on: August 24, 2023, 07:36:03 AM »

TSK I do not know about North Avenue. Their "big" location is on Capital, just east of 124th.

LisaG1967

« Reply #8413 on: August 24, 2023, 07:51:58 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Morning jilltosa  :)

tsk - Cute lil heart shaped waffles this morning.  Aww, Lulu!  Glad you all liked the Suddenly Salad.  Stay cool!   

Phyl - Pretty sunrise from Flyway.  Thanks for RRP blog, and piece on Ways People Beat the Heat Before Air Conditioning.  Stay cool!

Lani - Thanks, I know she is just happy to be up out of the bed.  She said, she just felt so tired with the Covid, that she was exhausted just getting out of the bed and going to the bathroom. Hope Mike had a safe trip.  Love the pic from Saguaro National Park.

BrokenLug - I am ready for Fall!

karen - Great news about the hearing aids.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8414 on: August 24, 2023, 08:05:56 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

jilltosa, I love Penzey's, I have a lot of their spices! We finally got a store here around 2017 and sadly it closed during covid. I loved shopping in their store! This heat is suffocating, the weather in WI is usually very nice! We are heading for 100 again today...

Phyl, another beautiful sunrise on the Flyway!  Great Amy's Blog, that is quite a plethora of pelicans! Interesting sub-adult with a missing foot, I hope he does well!  Love the Good Morning cow on the 'throne'! Hope Jim gets better quickly! I remember some of those pre-A/C things my Grandmother did!

Lani, Mike heading for Texas? That's a new destination isn't it? Is he training folks there?  Gee, I'm nosey... I noticed the same thing tsk did about the albatross youngsters, it was like they had planned a performance! Loved it! Autumn is my favorite too, just around the corner!

BL, 57 would be heaven, can't wait for fall...yes, jeans, socks, hoodies...for me.

tsk, awww, Tim sound asleep almost as soon as he hits home... Just like his brother, Tim is safe home with you and Tom is getting better now that Barb is home...  We would never go grocery shopping together, I like to go down every aisle so I don't miss anything...  ::) Penzey's HQ: 12001 W. Capitol Drive. Wauwatosa, WI

Lisa, I love Suddenly Salad, I have the original one now and then. Erin's work is also doing a hybrid work week. They have to be in the office 3 days, work from home 2 days. Everyone working from home during covid sure has changed things!

karen, good to hear your hearing aids can be fixed! Yes, I would bet you are not the first to have pet-damaged aids!  I love Keebler the Lemur at Wild Heart Ranch, he is a character!

baz, Iwill be calling Ford today, haven't heard that the part for my computer things is in, they said it would be Mon or Tues.  >:( Won't know anything about the liftback (I guess hatchback is a word not used anymore...) until I take it in and they have the body shop look at it.  You know, of course that the vehicle never does the 'bad thing' for them.  :o :o

Hellgate Osprey Cam - Gail Woodcock  · The longest stick ever? Iris (I think) had to deliver it pole-vault style out of camera shot . Future proofing her nest for next season!
Screengrabs from live YouTube stream 22 August around 10.30am

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown