Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 493445 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8055 on: August 12, 2023, 11:48:01 PM »

Good night!

Prayers for Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Baz, Eagle's mom and sister, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk DIL Amy, Baz, Eagle's Sister and Mom, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Clynn's Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #8056 on: August 13, 2023, 12:28:40 AM »

They are friends, and they love each other. 🥰 The black-neck dog (Husky) lives in a house down the road. Every day he escapes from his yard to go down the street to visit his little friend and play with him. But when the entrance was closed, he just came, hugged his friend tight, and left, but never tried to cross that fence. And we call them just animals.

BrokenLug

« Reply #8057 on: August 13, 2023, 12:49:48 AM »

In the early 80's I worked for my friend Steve who had a very successful interior house painting company.
A very professionally run business with very high end repeat clientèle.

Very well off business executive wives that change the color of a room every time they change drapes, furniture or a lamp.
Bored out of there minds sipping Martinis at Three trying to spend hubbies money as fast as they could to keep up with the Joneses.   

Word of mouth only Steve went from one Mrs. Jones job to the other.
All thinking they were the only one that had Steve the magic painting guy on speed dial.
So the 1st time a new job was done it was done absolutely correct because we'd be back in a year or so. $$$$ 80's.

If we put the correct effort into the prep work (85% of a great paint job) we'd be golden on the next paint job color change.
All surfaces to be painted were as smooth as a baby's bottom and thoroughly sanding dust free before any Benjamin Moore ever touched it.
Take the paint from the bucket - very neatly - and smoothly smear it with brushes on the trim, than roller it on the canvas from the ceiling down the walls to the base trim hermetically taped to the drop cloth on the carpet (only 15% of a great paint job).

You had to be very Punctual, well groomed, well spoken, quiet, courteous and very professional.
White painting attire with not a single drop of paint visible on it.
All visible painting equipment carried in the house was the same.
We'd expertly move everything into the center of the room and cover it with new plastic sheets taped tight against any inevitable paint roller spray. 
The high quality canvas drop cloths 'connected' to this.
The covered wall to wall carpet and anywhere we walked in or out of the job. Now remember those drop cloths.   
We were pretty good at it too I must say.
Such nice young men pulling up in a all white 1972 VW Bus.
But I digress.

A huge house and the Mrs was as cool as the day is long with the maid bringing us finger sandwiches for lunch. 
The dining room was one that we had painted 2 or 3 years ago.
We saw Jake a few times on the 1st job.
He was an out on the "grounds" cool fun crazy puppy when we met Mr Jones and hand shook on the contract.
20 x 30 ft with 15 foot vaulted ceilings.   
She had her peeps move everything into the middle of the room having observed our process earlier.

A very long way to go to get here.
Jake that now owned the house was a very mellow & timid guy still.
A pit bull terrier. Think Spuds MacKenzie.
Peeking around the corner wondering what in the heck are these 2 footers doing in the room no one is allowed in.

An occasional pat of the head and a tail wag he would proffer on exit from his house.
We called him Spuds and he was cool.

Now I guess getting comfortable with the 2 foot interlopers spewing olfactory volatile compounds in my house I should really officially introduce myself to Steve and Phil. Mr mellow walked into the job site and sat wagging.

Steve broke character for him but yet a huge dog lover.

He got down on all fours and hand drummed lightly on the drop cloth on top of the carpet. 

Jake bounced off so many freshly off white painted walls skidding on top of the drop cloths my head spun.

Like a rocket Jake took off like a low slung mobile paint roller around that entire floor.

Painting furniture other rooms and everything cloth not in it's native color.

What are you going to do but buck up for the job sight incident.

Mrs Jones comes home and Steve honestly tells her what happened.

Oh' know you didn't do that? Yeah. Her face.

That's what Mr Jones does with Jake when he comes home from work and Jake goes ballistic running around the house.
The canvas drop cloth doggy slide affect.

Jake lived to the ripe old age of 19.

Steve still paints the rooms in their house to this day.
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8058 on: August 13, 2023, 06:26:09 AM »

Good Morning ...Happy   Sunday .

Currently 74 F  mostly  cloudy. High  91F  partly sunny,  Low 76F  clear skies. 

{{{ Lahaina, Maui, HI }}}  🙏 's 

BL- very nice look back working w/ Steve . And,  'Jake' Mrs. Jones's pit bull terrier.

KB-absolutely more than just animals

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8059 on: August 13, 2023, 06:28:34 AM »

And early this morning (Saturday) Newman seen on one of his favorite dead branch perches, below the feeding ledge, at the same time Lisa 53-W perched on the ledge.  So will we see them together before fall migration?

GSB 8-12-23 Here's Newman @ 7AM

GSB 8-12-23 Here's 53-W @7AM

I sure hope so. I really do hope this comes to pass.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8060 on: August 13, 2023, 07:10:26 AM »

68 heading to 80  DP 62  humidity 81%  Mostly sunny

LANI   Special good night gif  :)

KB   Sweet story about the dog friends.  Yes sometimes you just have to wonder about animals....

BL   What a story  LOLOL.  You've seen how the other half lives as well....
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8061 on: August 13, 2023, 07:34:18 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

BL, that is quite a tale! I am guessing that is a true story...  ;D

kb, awwww, sad that they put up the gate...

Lani, it's a good thing mustard doesn't expire! I am kind of bad at getting something and then discovering that I already bought it! I have had 2 mustards in the cupboard more than once! Continued prayers for Maui... Funny, I didn't even think about the fan in the chowder picture, but it had to be to keep the fire going. They surely wouldn't have had the heat turned on them, chowders are always in the HOT summer months!

E4E, Dave Rigg's father was the one asked to give the prayer at the Bone Gap Chowder that year.  Dave has a FB page called Bone Gap History, he does a lot of research and has tons of history recorded about the area. It's very interesting and I imagine it's like so many little rural towns all over the country. https://www.facebook.com/bonegap

Phyl, sweet picture of Bob with his cozy neck scarf... Newman is quite a hunk!

karen, people who just toss their trash out the window are TRASH!  It's sad to see the pictures of wildlife and sea creatures all tangled up in trash...

T40, thanks for the great videos, love the voice-overs and skippity-pat!

baz, sometimes you just have to treat yourself!  Thanks for the Carly Simon, love her and all her music!

Lori, wonder if Toonces is driving for Uber now? Hope you are feeling good and all your family is okay!  Pats for Destini! Honey is still eating and getting around, but so skinny. I hope I am not doing wrong by letting her go on... I have always gone by 'as long as they are eating' let it be.

The largest burger ever ordered from the Two Farmers Burgers and Beignets truck contained 25 patties with a slice of cheese atop each one. https://www.facebook.com/eattwofarmers/

This is a little off-color but it just cracked me up...

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #8062 on: August 13, 2023, 07:53:42 AM »

Just to carry on the  "Multi-Needed" mindset. . . Of course it's necessary to have!

Background:  Lost my Ton now about a year and a half ago.  He lived here (44 years) and collected even longer.  He brought "stuff" from his house down the road, where he lived ??? 8 years, from the house he lived in 10 years???  I'm talking many years, many storage nooks, lots and lots and lots of "stuff"  affectionately called "shxt".

I've tried, I've really tried.  First family members, neighbors, friends.  Any workman, any service people, lawn cutters, mail and garbage personnel......ANYONE!  Please if you know anyone, share.  Am Vets and Goodwill - at least 100 bags.  Mt. Carmel white elephant.  (Still holding for your coat drive, tsk.)   ;D   Stuff at the curb the night before garbage day - mostly picked up would you believe.  I can only imagine their homes.  ;D

I talked with someone here recently (who?) about one irresistable must-keep item (items!)  hundreds and thousands of nails, screws, bolts, whatevers being protected by jars, cans, buckets, little drawers in multi storage drawer setups.  No takers!  Thought of another of my challenges - wires.  Cords, parts of cords, cripped together neatly wires, wire on spools, wire in boxes, wire in buckets, some of the wire is even unrusted.  Is any of it safe?  Is there still market for the copper stripped out and sold? $$$$  And as already mentioned by others.... Whenever there's a new project there comes the mandatory quick trip to the store because he needed . . . .   

Truth be told, I do have my own collection of garage stuff.  About 2 years into marriage I transferred my vital collection (or what was left of it) into a chest that I kept in my trunk.  Found out he like my clean, organized, stuff.  It was dwindling down as time passed.  Not only did I find my things in a pile on his bench, but the tool gremlins got blamed.  Come on Ton, it's just you, me, and the spiders.  So I just kept by own cache in the car as well as I could.  (For years they were given to me as presents from dad and brothers.  Honestly, that's where I got my tools and my learnin'.)

Other collections?  You bet your bippy!  And, as soon as I get his "s" under control - you know what - I start working on my own collections.  And I've been in my house since 1971 (52 yrs).  To be equally fair - I still have to add to shoes, tops, nail polish, holiday trinkets. . . . and on and on.  TEE  HEE

P       
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 07:59:20 AM by Puff »

LisaG1967

« Reply #8063 on: August 13, 2023, 08:24:12 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....Happy Sunday!

clynn - OMG, that burger....I guess its a shareable one.  LOL

tsk - Your morning greeting of raspberries look delicious.  I could go for a bowl.

Phyl - Cute morning greeting.  Oh my, the cat in the paint tray, yes that would be a nightmare.

BL - I had to read this twice, "Chicks dig scars"!  I thought it said, Chicks dig cigars! ;D ;D

kb - Awww, the pups!

{{Lani}} - Beautiful good night pic.

E4E - How is your Mom and sis doing?

karen - Mama is one that like to preach to us, and tell us to do things, but never does it for herself.

T40 - Thanks for the vids!

Lori - Good to see you, and your Caturday pics! 

kbshcb

« Reply #8064 on: August 13, 2023, 08:42:20 AM »

Ugg...my neighbor drove over my fence piece and reflector once again last night at 9:20....worse he or she didn't even get out and take a look..one piece is lying on her property. on video heard a lot of metal crunching.
This is the second fence....
The reason for it btw is exactly this...I got tired of them driving over my property and also my cedar boards garbage can holder...she has also broken one of those pieces.....
I prefer neighbors who respect other's properties myself...and also her own property..

Morning all..

There are 3 different critters in this pic..

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8066 on: August 13, 2023, 11:05:50 AM »

Bearstudy -  Time with Lily!! - UPDATE August 11, 2023

https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4795-time-with-lily-update-august-11-2023.html

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8067 on: August 13, 2023, 11:13:11 AM »

some bounce
I'm in the midst of mowing.
KB... Add spikes and/or a tall orange stake with a flag. Good grief. Some people...
Good thoughts and prayers for all
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #8068 on: August 13, 2023, 11:47:03 AM »

some bounce
I'm in the midst of mowing.
KB... Add spikes and/or a tall orange stake with a flag. Good grief. Some people...
Good thoughts and prayers for all
TTFN

I've been thinking, it's just pure laziness..and avoidable....they just don't swing wide enough out into the street to enter their own driveway..I thought maybe something that would gash a tire, teehee.

You'd think when they drive up and over the curb they might stop and start over?...but, they drive over the city curb all the time so...doesn't ring a bell..until they drive up over my curb. I left her a message. She breaks it she fixes it...no word yet.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 12:12:51 PM by kbshcb »

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8069 on: August 13, 2023, 12:34:54 PM »

CLYNN  That is what I go by as well.  If they are eating and pooping all is good.  So much to say about the beignet/ burger/ and back window sign  LOL

PUFF  Coat drive is Oct 14th and 15th  - we just got approval at church for those dates.  I guess when you clean out several parents homes after 50+ years of living in them - you think twice about how much you want to have for others to clean out...sigh

LISA   Bright cheery AM pic  :D  How is Mom today?

KB   Can't make out who is taking a ride on the large horse  ;)   I've seen huge boulders around here.

LANI   What a poignant piece by Lynn on Lily  :'(
Chicagoland