Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 475357 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7845 on: August 06, 2023, 06:07:13 PM »

Oops. Corrected my spelling of Sydney. ;)
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7846 on: August 06, 2023, 06:29:32 PM »

Oh my goodness Lisa---that head of hair. Reminds  me   one of me 1 week old with just such a head.
  A sweet one of Sydney looking up to you as you're speaking to her. These are wonderful photos. I imagine the dark hair is from the Martin side?
 I doubt the cats would harm Sydney. But, a good idea to keep them at a distance and supervised for a while. One thing's for cert--- Stewie and Lizzie are very curious about this tiny human that's taking their place.
 The  pretty crocheted baby blanket---a Kelly creation?
So very happy this all worked out.  ;D

CLynn thanks for posting Lisa's FB Sydney pics.  I've spent a third of my life chasing those bluebirds, snapping ,posting and all. I'd miss it should it ever cease.

T40 many thanks for the cam shutdown notice and all. Good to know. ;)

Well, Jim took advantage of the drier weather and finished mowing,  trimmed and weeded the landscaping and clean out 'neath the deck.  Mercy it was fright!.
He's off Monday and I think we're gonna do 'something'   ;D. Probably in the afternoon---maybe we'll visit the Frist. I' want to see the Beatrix Potter exhibit sooooo
much!   
 If we go there...Grandma Lisa, is there some Beatrix Potter I can pick up for you?

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #7847 on: August 06, 2023, 06:44:04 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .   

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #7848 on: August 06, 2023, 09:01:30 PM »

Good news groupies. . . .

Spoke with John and facts have led to a clearing of the air.

He did rewind and listened to the recording that I and others found disturbing.  What he had heard was not only clearer, but he had more that he deciphered.

There was a young couple from CA.  Girl had lost a newborn from possible suffacation.  Some how her condition was brought out and she was living through things again.  He contacted Dave Kester who is local.  Dave checked things out first hand and it appeared safe to close the checkup satisfied.

Sorry for my own overreaction.  I just got my own mind/memories overworking.  So sorry.

P

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7849 on: August 07, 2023, 12:54:04 AM »

Kb, darling beagle ...

Phyl, thanks for BB update.

Clynn, I did laundry yesterday. We drove to Mesa today and sold Aly's car, afterward we spent time with Shannon. She's doing well. Miserably hot day.... beautiful Iris. {{{Honey}}}

Lisa, adorably pic of Sydney wrapped up like a burrito, beautiful dark brown hair, and such darling crib sheets. They have such wonderful baby things ....  gorgeous DH2 on the Y.... very happy for you and Jeff being able to spend TLC time with Sydney and her mom/dad! Love your pic with Bradley and baby, gorgeous baby blanket.  :-* Since Clynn posted your pic, and went to your FB and saw the rest of the pics. What a wonderful day of cuddling with Sydney, wonderful pics, especially Jeff holding a sleepy Sydney. And Ziva looks sweet.... Bradley looks so happy! I hope Kelly is doing well and rested.

Goodness, I'm reading everyone's comments about screaming, someone being killed and whimpering near N1!  :'(  I went to Decorah chat and went back in time 12 hours ago. Mod GABear  said they were aware and turned off the sound. There are homes below and the microphone was picking up sounds. She posted "If you see or hear anything on a live cam that is disturbing, please contact explore: [email protected]."

Puff, Kb, Clynn, Phyl, I'm so sorry this day has been so upsetting for all of you, how frightening it must have been. :'(

Clynn, thanks for posting Lisa's darling FB's pics!  :-*

Kb, YAY a little rain

Phyl, My goodness your story about Jim's mother, thank God for the telemarketer.

Thanks T40 for RRP info on the cam shut down date.

{{{Hugs Puff}}} glad you were able to talk to John and get the story... what a tragic story, prayers for the young grieving mother. 🙏🏼 a lifetime sorrow. 

Good night!

Prayers for the grieving mother. I'm so sorry for your pain. :'(

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Baz, Eagle's mom and sister, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tsk DIL Amy, Baz, Eagle's Sister and Mom, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Clynn's Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 01:20:48 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #7850 on: August 07, 2023, 05:17:52 AM »

Good Morning...Happy Monday!

Currently   69 F  feels like 70F.  High  90F  cloudy w/ thunderstorms and  humidity 84% , High pollen. Nighttime low 68F  clear skies          

Lani- tks for the emergency contact for Explorer.org.---best way to deal with such activity when cam watching. Hurrah Aly's vehicle sold; Shannon doing well. 
 – I’m cool. Thanks

Puff- you're a sweetie. So glad in the end it ended better than was feared.  Keep Explorer.org contact infor next to your PC . As one just never knows

KB-got some rain  ;)  We’re getting more rain today---I’ll share

« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 05:28:33 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #7851 on: August 07, 2023, 05:28:00 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

August 6, 2023: Cam Shutdown Announcement
August 6, 2023  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/08/06/august-6-2023-cam-shutdown-announcement/

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #7852 on: August 07, 2023, 05:31:34 AM »

The Mississippi River Flyway...

Aug 7, 2023 5:29 AM
Camera Time: Aug 7, 2023 5:29 AM CDT
Birchwoman

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #7853 on: August 07, 2023, 06:00:51 AM »

Debbie Trunk captured this beautiful pic of my local park....
Maybe 1/2 mile away from me....It has a path around the lake and a walking bridge over a section of it.
Chris and I walked here often when I first bought my house.....Scott and I as well but also cross country ski'd it...Very close to Mr. and Mrs. Tower's nest .....and the coyotes hang here as well.

Morning all.

Lisa - such sweet picture of you and Sydney...

kbshcb

« Reply #7854 on: August 07, 2023, 06:32:24 AM »

Minnesota Kare11 reporter Boyd Huppert took this picture on a Minnesota lake with this caption:

"Loons & ducks aren't supposed to get along. But apparently no one told this loon pair that's adopted a duckling that got separated from its mom. They've already taught the baby duck to eat fish and dive like a loon"

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #7855 on: August 07, 2023, 07:06:39 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

kb, what a peaceful place that park must be for you and Chris...

Phyl, thanks for Amy's Blog, lovely Memory Lane video from Marilyn Mitchell, I hope many will send in their videos! Lots of Flyway birds! You must be having a rainy morning!  We had a good bit of rain yesterday morning and afternoon! And nice temps...79 today!

Lani, I bet you got all caught up with your laundry!  Glad you got Aly's car sold, sounds like things are settling down. Both girls are doing well...I just checked the forecast for the valley, no end in sight with the horrible heat. I wish it would end soon, for your sake and for the animals... Even the cactus can't take it much longer...

Puff, thanks for the information on the disturbance around the cam yesterday, poor girl. I hope she finds peace somehow...

Lisa, I love the pictures Jeff took of the visit with your new Grandbaby Sydney! My favorite is the one where she is looking up at you...so sweet and innocent! I also love the pic Bradley sent you, of the sweet little babe wrapped up like a burrito. She is beautiful!

Sydney Sea Eagle Cam - Carolyne Renee  · Beak kisses, look at those crops. 🥰
Credit to sea eagle cam@ bird life Australia discovery centre Sydney Olympic Park - 08/06/23 - Sweet SE 31 & SE 32

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7856 on: August 07, 2023, 08:09:01 AM »

HI EVERYONE

67 heading to 78  DP 61  80% humidity  partly sunny

PUFF  Very strange occurrence to have happen..

LANI  Good that Aly's car is sold and that all is well with Shannon.  Is Aly all settled in her new place?  Job going well?

PHYL  End of another Eagle season in Decorah. :(

KB   Is there a way to sit on a bench at that beautiful lake and watch the wildlife?  Is this where you and SSRL walk?

CLYNN   Cactus  LOL    Phoenix made the national news last night for record heat.

Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #7857 on: August 07, 2023, 08:15:53 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

clynn - Thank you for posting the pics and for the kind words, but Jeff takes the worse pic of me when I am making faces!   ::)  Sydney was very much awake, and looking all around at our visit.  Aww, SE 31 & SE 32 look great!

kb - Love the pic of the duckling on Loon's back, so sweet the have adopted it. Thanks for the kind words on pic.

Phyl - Love the Flyway pic in B&W!  Thanks for blog post on cam shutdown.  We are supposed to have severe weather here today, too, sometime this evening. Dark hair on both sides of the family.  I haven't seem my real color of brown since I was 16 yrs old.  The cats haven't really bothered with or got by Sydney they said, but Stewie sure looked perturbed with all the new changes. Reminded me alot of Bandit when Misty and then kittens came along.  Thanks for offering to pick up something at the Beatrix Potter exhibit, but I would not know what! 

Lani - Thanks for the kind words.  Yes, they have such cute things for babies it is so hard to decide what to get.  Bradley & Kelly both said, no ruffles...they can't stand ruffles.  Guess that means no froo-froo  frilly dresses!  ;D ;D 

Puff - How awful for the mother.  I am glad you were able to talk to John. "Are you the gramma whose going to spoil me?" YES, I AM!!!   :D

tsk - You should see all the crocheted blankets that Kelly has laying around.  I even saw something she had started laying on the coffee table.  Maybe one day, I will get one of those creations!

karen - Bradley does get leave from work 60 days, then he also has 4 weeks of PTO (paid time off) to use, which is like their vacation leave, or leave to use whenever they want.  Kelly sat on the sofa while we were there.  She looked good, and rested.  I am not sure when her mother leaves.  I do know that Bradley's dad is driving in on Wednesday and staying till Friday to visit the baby and do some things with him.  He hasn't seen his dad in a while.  His dad did live in Miss, then moved to SC and is now living in NC.

kbshcb

« Reply #7858 on: August 07, 2023, 08:40:26 AM »

tsk - there are multiple benches around the lake....also, a Nature Center at the entrance with local embalmed species of mammals and birds...etc....they also rent skis and snowshoes etc..

Yes, ssrl and I often walk here but it's just one of many that are even prettier, ie. our across the street from where we grew up river bottoms of Nine Mile Creek, Normandale Bloomington walking around the lake, and of course our city Chain of Lakes...like Lake Harriet....all within a few miles of my house..
Unfortunately, due to criminal increases since GF I no longer am willing to cross into Minneapolis with it's chain of lakes. Thankfully 3 plus more walking areas are closer.

the most serene and people-free parks we walk are the one I posted 1/2 mile away from me...

Unfortunately, we haven't done much of that this summer, as we both have had to spend so much time just watering to hopefully keep our yards and extensive investment in perennial gardens alive..like I said more than a part time job...and all other duties and pleasure have gone by the wayside.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2023, 08:43:36 AM by kbshcb »

Puff

« Reply #7859 on: August 07, 2023, 08:57:23 AM »

I'd like to speak on yesterday's morning incident --

John and I talked about the new issues brought into play because of expanded abilities/improvements.  Because our sites have increased capabilities, we can now get involved more and more.  This causes more and unique situations.  He did some of his checking including contacting Explore - they have the mute ability, which he indicated they used.  We have to have backups for such wide influence these abilities allow.  Graciously and wisely Lani posted the emergency post for Explore.  After due diligence and safety we might all keep it handy to use for any questionable broadcasts.   

Thanks Lani!           [email protected]

John gave further relief to me that he has contact and local resources with Dave, police, fire department, etc.   JUST IN CASE?!     Good to know and have it in this happening social scene.

P