Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 493107 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7560 on: July 29, 2023, 04:15:33 PM »

Bring it on!  8)

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Baz, I pray he gets a lot of trouble free miles out of it too! Mike sat down and wrote a long note to AAA this is the 2nd time this year they didn't showed up or returned a call. They ignored Aly's call for help when her car wouldn't start midway through her trip to Medford. So he wrote a complaint letter and we removed the auto-renewal on our AAA account. We won't use them again... I'm looking forward to reading Phyl's Live Science articles, especially now that you wrote about the black bears.

Tig, I need to clean my oven too. Thanks for posting  ;D .... courteous neighbors... could that be an overgrown vine type bush? Does it bloom?  ???  Karen and Kb are right.

T40, thanks for the wonderful article on Otis!

{{{Lori, Destini, family and grandma}}} glad your okay, and sorry about the debris after the storms... love the goodies.

{{{Tsk, Tim and family}}} The man who sold Mike his car called a couple days later to check on Mike/car. He was willing to pay for repair cost. Mike declined. Mike received $100 in cash in Thursday's mail from him.... well the lady lost out on 3 free sets of golf clubs! If you wanted to get rid of anything in Scottsdale or Arizona, just set it out on the curb and it's gone by noon! It doesn't matter what shape it's in.  ;D

Lisa, glad to hear the kittens are doing well. As well as Miss Daisy!   ;D. ... baby coming soon  ;D

Phyl, love rock, paper scissors!  ;D ... I will bookmark the LiveScience articles and read later tonight. Thanks.

Clynn, lovely pics of Gunner, especially the one with him sitting on Sydney's lap. That's a winner! Oh poor Rome  :( ... glad you and the family were able to gather for dinner last night, I imagine it helped to ease the pain a bit.  :(... yes Korky is another story  ;D ;) ... last year Dunrovin Harriet lost three eggs due to late freezing snow storm  :( ... love the importance of trees and cat claws. LOL! ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #7561 on: July 29, 2023, 04:35:40 PM »

tsk - I am so sorry to hear about Amy...prayers headed her way, and for the rest of you all!  :-*

tig - Glad that the neighbors trimmed at your request. 

T40 - Thanks for the videos!  Thanks for the Otis write-up!

kb - Hope Chris can keep up his walking and get past the soreness.  I have not walked in a while, and all the standing and walking I did at ATF took a hurting on me.  I am back to the treadmill everyday, hope I can stick with it.

karen - When I see a text from Bradley, I get excited, and then sad when it does not say....We are at the hospital..come on!

baz - I do remember that pic of Bob in the nest.  Mom's!   ;D ;D 

Phyl - Found the cute chubby Ginger on Pinterest. 

Have to scoot, it is storming!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7562 on: July 29, 2023, 04:49:16 PM »

Tig- you put me to shame cleaning  your oven as I too need to do that.  :-[

{{{Lisa}}}- don't you know  your granddaughter will arrive while you're sleeping. If not the treadmill---a toddler.  ;)

Lani-'Bring it on' too cute; makes two of us on the oven

KB hopefully Chris can keep up with his walking as Lisa said, "get past the 'soreness' '
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

BrokenLug

« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 07:41:22 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #7564 on: July 29, 2023, 05:45:22 PM »

Lisa, Is Jasper saying that Piper is behaving?  She was .dora the explorer and Daisy was so shy!   Does Bradley have Lizzy?

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #7565 on: July 29, 2023, 06:25:51 PM »

TIG     How nice of your neighbor to respond to your text.     That shrub is horrible!  Does anyone know what it is?

T40   Some of the voiceovers on the cat compilation were hysterical  ;D    Husky  ;D      Blue Angels - cool  :)   Thanks for the informative Otis report!  He looked really skinny to me as well.  Ocean clean-up  :o  sigh.

KAREN   Sounds like the yard crew got a good start today.  :D

BAZI  I remember that photo of Bob and it really put it in perspective how large those nests are. I was new to eagle watching back then so it shocked me.   I saw that black bear story on FB just a couple days ago.  I would never have thought it could happen  Then again there are our geese friends as well  ;D  So much fun to learn about nature on live-cams  LOL

LANI  Bring it on  LOL   Well what an honest guy - Restores my faith ..Was just a pure coincidence that happened to Mike.  Thanks for the follow-up.

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and prayers.
  Life goes so smoothly for a bit and then another worry crosses our path  - but that is life as well - the ups and downs of it all.   Amy has a very positive attitude.  She texted me with more info.  Cancer type is called "serous ovarian cancer".  Tues they will do more biopsies to see if it has  escaped her ovaries.  Let's pray it has been contained.  Maybe will find out a bit more tomorrow .
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 06:28:32 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Phyl

« Reply #7566 on: July 29, 2023, 08:30:35 PM »

LisaG & Jaspurr hope all is well at your abodes.
Stay hunkered in.
I've been watching that thunderstorm line on the radar and it's been pretty ornery to your west with a history of causing power outages.

https://mrms.nssl.noaa.gov/qvs/product_viewer/index.php?web_exec_mode=run&menu=menu_config.txt&year=2023&month=7&day=29&hour=22&minute=0&time_mode=static&zoom=9&clon=-76.61446857452425&clat=38.99051897407037&base=0&overlays=1&mping_mode=0&product_type=shsrs&product=SHSR&qpe_pal_option=0&opacity=0.8&looping_active=on&num_frames=36&frame_step=200&seconds_step=240

https://poweroutage.us/area/regions

Thank  you for this. We had a hard brief  downpour this afternoon---on real big deal. So far.
Hoping and praying for everyone in  the serious areas.  Please keep yourselves  protected , dry and safe.  Prayers ongoing.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #7567 on: July 29, 2023, 08:38:03 PM »

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and prayers.  Life goes so smoothly for a bit and then another worry crosses our path  - but that is life as well - the ups and downs of it all.   Amy has a very positive attitude.  She texted me with more info.  Cancer type is called "serous ovarian cancer".  Tues they will do more biopsies to see if it has  escaped her ovaries.  Let's pray it has been contained.  Maybe will find out a bit more tomorrow .[/size]

Thanks for update.  Praying that this doesn't spread further. And, more positive news will come. Amy's positive attitude  ;)

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #7568 on: July 29, 2023, 08:42:40 PM »

Wishing everyone a 'Good  Evening' and SEDs .   

#IstandwithEvan

BrokenLug

« Reply #7569 on: July 29, 2023, 09:01:15 PM »

TIG     How nice of your neighbor to respond to your text.     That shrub is horrible!  Does anyone know what it is?

tsk I delved into the ID via the visual clues provided by Tig.
As a ISA Certified Arborist I do believe it be a ugly alien corner of my house accoutrement to MN.
Tig tell Camper to go out tonight and shotgun shoot that thang in the root ball.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 09:48:33 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #7570 on: July 29, 2023, 09:05:55 PM »

Does that shrub have yellow flowers in the very early spring?

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7571 on: July 29, 2023, 09:10:28 PM »

I believe it is alien to St. Paul.

Tig tell Camper to go out tonight and shotgun shoot that thang in the root ball.  ;)

LOL!  8)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #7572 on: July 29, 2023, 09:42:12 PM »

BL... ROFLOL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #7573 on: July 29, 2023, 10:22:54 PM »

Hi Beaker friends - please bear with me as I am catching up - I did not post since yesterday evening.   We went to a car show today and were gone all day.

Tsk - Oh no, so sorry to hear about Amy.  Prayers for her and for ALL of your family.

Lani - Wow, you guys have been through so much.  So sad that AAA has left you guys without help on several occasions. :o ::)

Tig - Happy to hear that your neighbor pruned down the 'shrub' so quickly! It would be great if they go ahead and remove it!  Thanks for posting pics! ;D

Kb - Hope Chris continues to walk with you - even if you guys sometimes shorten the length of the walk - he seems to be hangin' in there with you!

Karen - I saw my sister yesterday, and she is doing pretty good - voice is raspy tho!

Baz - I too, remember the pic of Bob lying down in the nest!  The nest was amazing!!!

Clynn - Continued thoughts & prayers for you, Erin, Sydney & family.  Love the pics of precious Gunner.

LisaG - I am getting pretty excited for you and your family!!!! ;D

Phyl - Cute evening pic.

Lori - You post the nicest, sweetest things!

Hi Puff  :)

BrokenLug

« Reply #7574 on: July 29, 2023, 10:34:48 PM »

Seriously it might try to multiply.   :D
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 10:44:12 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.