Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 493148 times)

BrokenLug

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #7140 on: July 17, 2023, 10:34:58 AM »

ok so let me see if I have this correct:

We've got a Tig safe back in St. Paul MN.
We've got a Clynn safe at moms in IL.
We've got a Lisa safe in Decorah IA.

Are any other Beakers road tripping at present ??   :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 10:39:50 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7141 on: July 17, 2023, 11:00:05 AM »

Yeah, I smell something in the air, LOL
Safe trip, Lisa...

and, cause I don't know about the Icelandic Sheepdog....cuties and working dogs.

Morning all....walk, water, pruning arbors, and fixes on the agenda today..Happy Monday!

;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #7142 on: July 17, 2023, 11:15:06 AM »

Bearstudy - Old Guy - UPDATE July 16, 2023  ;D
https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4787-old-guy-update-july-16-2023.html

Good morning Beakers!  :)
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Tig}}}

BL ;D

Karen, I like shirts/blouses that fit big, especially in the summer. I don't like fitted clothes when I'm hot or working outside/inside. And I especially love big cozy tops/sweatshirts in the winter... Piper is loving her territory now. Aly's dog Dewey is slowly settling into his new home and outdoor area. I guess he's past the gloomy stage.

{{{Tsk and Lulu}}} Lisa the cat whisperer...

Phyl, love the dog shames! I just can't imagine that big boy making it through that tiny dog flap. I think he wanted to make the hole bigger!  ;D ... Shannon had a dog that liked to eat her carmex lip balm.

{{{Lisa}}} thanks for your update. I bet Miss Lulu could sense and smell Misty and Bandit on you and your things.... I wonder how the boys back home are doing with hot to trot Misty?  ;D. I'm so excited to read of your Decorah adventures. I've never been, so I live through others experiences. Please give Puff a hug for me  :-* ... safe travels.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #7143 on: July 17, 2023, 11:19:10 AM »

Providing the AQI stays reasonable the forecast for the Decorah area is looking mighty sweet for the next 7 days.    :) :) :)

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=43.3039&lon=-91.7909
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 05:06:42 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #7144 on: July 17, 2023, 12:12:06 PM »

Hi Tig thanks for checking in---so glad you/Camper are safely home. I really enjoy your posts, esp of your 'outings'. But, you and KB inspire me
to be a better 'gardener'.

KB  I was just watching 'Outnumbered' on FNC w/ Harris Faulkner. She, Kaylee, Tommy Lauren and guest Sen. Jason Chaffetz (ret)(in center seat) were discussing the Luke Combs does Tracy Chapman's "Fast Car" (you posted linkyesterday). The ladies had lots of interesting facts and talked about how much they enjoy Tracy's song and Luke's new rendition.  ;)  Pets to Ollieman.

BL that AQI rating for Decorahland will be welcomed to the influx of Eagle Fans and afficionados. I posted this AM that our AQI is 169  w/ primary pollutant PM2.5 58 ug//m3. Whatever that last part means. :-[  that I don't know.     Anyway,  it's all because of the Cumberland Basic and Nashivlle being inside. It'll never go away and all her suffer w/ allergies and nasal / eye irratations.   Et, moi aussi!

Lani glad you enjoyed the dog shames. I thought Mondays could use some levity begining with the pooches.  Many thanks for update on Aly's Dewey. Glad he's adjusting to new home.   Many tks for Dr Roger's Bear Study,  Guy the Bear's age is showing up in his 'white ' hairs atop his head  for sure.  Be nice if Lynn could get license for those radio collars so he / staff can track Old Guy the Bear.  Pets to the Boys and Sadie

Karen luv how you organize your clothes closet.   Wish I had that much time and the help.  Pets to Piper
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #7145 on: July 17, 2023, 12:17:03 PM »

Just this AM
Edited

Wildfire smoke causes beautiful sunrises.  Newman, I believe, is in the area still, and likely perched high above the locks this morning for several hours.

Here's Newman

So happy he's been spotted at nest box at least. Where are his kids?
Don't know why the above photo enlarged so much.  :(

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #7146 on: July 17, 2023, 12:22:11 PM »

ok so let me see if I have this correct:

We've got a Tig safe back in St. Paul MN.
We've got a Clynn safe at moms in IN.
We've got a Lisa safe to Tsk's for leg 1 and almost to Decorah for leg 2.

Are any other Beakers road tripping at present ??   :)

Nope. Not here.  Ain't got no money. 
Double negatives are fun.  ;D

#IstandwithEvan

BrokenLug

« Reply #7147 on: July 17, 2023, 12:26:12 PM »

DH2 is in the N1 nest tree right now with her "buddy" the RWBB.   ;D

She's in the branches above the Y.   
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #7148 on: July 17, 2023, 12:27:18 PM »

Christine Larson posted this pic 3 days ago.....we have much  better air quality today!..yeah!

Phyl - yes, and Tracy gets all the royalties whenever the cover song is played by him...none goes to him.

BL - my thoughts about timing as well...Lisa should be checking in 'bout now.

Well, got all to do list stuff done.

Yah!..Chris walked with Ollie and me this morning...just one block shorter than my typical walk.
He's in PT ya know, and his therapist told him his goal should be to work up to 30 minutes a day/6 days a week....our somewhat shortened walk took 20 minutes....but, but, he's a hurting now!...I'm encouraging him anyway....we have a treadmill inside as well. But, I'd much prefer he walked with me and Ollie when the weather is nice especially. I told him to rub some OTC lidocaine on himself....he's trying it..gotta stay on the course.

Also, I watered everything, and pruned my so sad looking arbors of much dead growth from April 1 ice storm....intention is to have Andrew out and tie them up...they are still splaying badly but I decided in order to do that I needed to get as much dead outa them....there are 3-4 trunks per tree, and I bought special stuff to tie them to the strongest trunk. I may actually need to stake to the ground somehow and then tie the other trunks to the strongest one?....
I had an arborist out who for 750 smackers would have done it but he didn't recommend it...he suggested a tear out and start over.....thousands for that job but Andrew said we could do a DYI get by.

BrokenLug

« Reply #7149 on: July 17, 2023, 12:39:37 PM »

BL - my thoughts about timing as well...Lisa should be checking in 'bout now.

Yah' I believe Lisa has to swing right by the Hatchery on the way to where she is staying.

Perhaps DH2 is perched to greet the earliest arriving ? ATF attendee.   :)
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #7150 on: July 17, 2023, 12:54:32 PM »

Lani, good news on Aly dewey! 

Bl, clynn is in Il!  Will probably hop over to Indiana or Kentucky for shopping or something!
time for Lida to check in!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 01:20:43 PM by karengramke »

BrokenLug

« Reply #7151 on: July 17, 2023, 02:24:31 PM »

Thank you Karen. I've corrected my post.
For some reason I thought Bone Gap was in IN.   :-[
U. S. A.

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #7152 on: July 17, 2023, 02:30:02 PM »

Sunny - high of 73

Karen - I too have Decorah apparel that I love wearing.  When Tig & Camper came and visited back in 2018, she brought me a Decorah T-shirt that fits perfectly and I hope to go to ATF one of these days and take that T-shirt with me!  I have several pull-over sweatshirts too.

Lani - I see that AZ is still having record heat  :o  We are actually cool where we live as we are only about 11 miles inland from the ocean.  The more inland folks live from our area, are getting temps 20 or more degrees hotter than us.   Hope you and Sadie are continuing your early morning walks  :)

LisaG - Glad you had a wonderful visit with Tsk - I bet it was a really fun evening catching with her!  ;D   Stay safe in your travels. {{LisaG}}

Puff - Are you driving to ATF?

Kb - You always seem to keep busy out in your yard! ;D  So happy that your son walked with you this morning and good for him too! :)

Phyl - Like the doggie shames - those Beagles are so cute!!

Tsk - So happy for you & Lisa having such good quality time together!  'Cat Whisperer' - love it! ;D

Tig - Good to be home safe & sound and glad you guys had a great trip! :)

Lani - Interesting Bearstudy - Old Guy (the Bear) is about 26 years old! Wow!  Glad that Dewey is settling into their new home - sometimes these things take a while for our furry members of the family! ;)

Beakers have a nice afternoon  :)

Phyl

« Reply #7153 on: July 17, 2023, 02:45:26 PM »

{{{Puff}}} didn't realize 'till just now  :(   --- you're attending AFT. Do take care on your travels.

KB Yes, Harris did say the the royalities from Luke Combs  go to Tracy.  That's great. Tks.
 Wonderful Chris accompanied
you and Ollieman on your walk. Hope his PT continues to help. And, he keeps walking w/you.

Hi E4E

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #7154 on: July 17, 2023, 03:01:21 PM »

Bl, not a problem!  L and lno bery fat away on the keyboard!  At least the wY I typre they arent.