Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 493139 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6945 on: July 11, 2023, 08:18:35 PM »

Phyl - yes, that's what I thought I named "her" but wasn't sure...thanks.

I don't know of a pulsing sound in my SUV anyway.....she's fast though if I wanted to get her going!

kbshcb

« Reply #6946 on: July 11, 2023, 08:34:59 PM »

this made me giggle...especially the Northeast...my thoughts exactly...what the  heck is going on here

Night

I stepped outside to close the screen door of the porch and something scared me....it was a drop of water hitting my arm ;) ;)....literally a drop...falling from the sky
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 08:45:02 PM by kbshcb »

oldguy

« Reply #6947 on: July 11, 2023, 08:56:33 PM »

Good Evening Beakers

Drone footage from today in Iceland...  Fissure line is about 2 km long...
Immense fissure of erupting lava seen from north 🌋Litlihtutur eruption   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1BRI2KCb5Q
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6948 on: July 11, 2023, 09:23:42 PM »

Bounce

KB...  ROFL!!!  Not even one drop here.  >:(
I would not wish for hail or flooding tho. We are blessed to live here.
SED all
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

oldguy

« Reply #6949 on: July 11, 2023, 10:08:31 PM »

When the V6 engine was first developed in the 1960s, the angle between the V was out of sequence to the firing of the cylinders, which caused a loping sound.  This made it very easy to tell just from the exhaust sound if a car had a V6 or V8 engine.
This was corrected in the 70s or 80s to even out the sound by changing the angle of the V.

The Grand Cherokee had 3 engines available - 3.6 V6, 4.7 V8 and a 5.7 V8
The 3.6 V6 was popular for owners that wanted better gas mileage and was the default engine
The 4.7 V8 (235hp) was popular by owners that wanted good acceleration for freeway driving and minor off road adventures and towing small trailers
The 5.7 V8 (330 hp) was used for towing larger trailers.  This was a hemi engine made by Chysler.

BL - if you are still in the NH/VT area, I hope you have found some dry high ground to sit out the flooding.

Our area got no rain this evening - redeveloped to the East of us again - chance for tomorrow morning still in the forecast - the lawns are turning brown again and did not grow much from last weeks small amount.
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6950 on: July 12, 2023, 12:49:05 AM »

Karen, Lisa, PhylAly is well and busy. She continues to work online with Community Banners Payson, and is building a clientele in Oregon. She will continue to look for a home to rent outside of Medford. But in the meantime she's settling in nicely.  :)  ... she likes her new boss, his family and her co-workers very much. Her new boss and wife invites her to their home for dinner a lot.

Kb, it was always felt uncomfortable for me to drive with new brakes for a couple days or so. Glad you have new brakes, nice and safe now.  :). ... Funny map! LOL!

Karen, glad Piper did well at vets and you found a collar for her.... take care

Phyl, thanks for pic update of little snowman black eaglet. cute  ;D

Eagles, good news about your sister. Prayers for her continued healing.

Tsk, good job with the pt. I wish Mike would do more.... Like you, I'm thrilled when I don't have to water because it rained! Glad it rained for you!

{{{Baz}}} I'm sorry, sending gentle hugs and prayers for healing and comfort, and good days of tennis watching. Peace be with you.  :) ;D

Oldguy, awesome footage from the drone. thanks

{{{Puff}}} take care

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Eagle's mom and sister, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Sister and Mom, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Misty and her kittens, Clynn's Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6951 on: July 12, 2023, 05:01:13 AM »

Good Morning ...

Currently  67 F  clear skies  with a  high 94F and sunny , low 66F  clear.

{{{Hi Puff}}}

Lisa if you're still attending the RRP ATF---don't miss the auction.Could be fun--I love them.

OG tks for the engine info; great drone film from I celand, fissure eruption; no rain  :(

Lani tks for update from Aly, me thinks her employer likes her.

Well {{{Bazi}}} get well soon
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6952 on: July 12, 2023, 05:05:46 AM »

A look-see checking out what's been going on the past couple of days at Two Harbors lately and I found ...

Anthony enjoying his bachalor 'pad' with the cliff side view
8:45AM PST  7-9-23

Mr. and Mrs. Two Harbors relaxing in the scrub pine
11:45 AM PST

Anthony "Where's my 'Door Dash' ?"
11:24 AM PST  7-10-23

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #6953 on: July 12, 2023, 05:06:19 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Announcing: Our 2023 After The Fledge Auction!
July 11, 2023  RaptorResource
https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/07/11/announcing-our-2023-after-the-fledge-auction/

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #6954 on: July 12, 2023, 06:34:16 AM »

My, look at those paws on this Canadian Lynx!

Tig - fair enough but I do wish I was getting paid to water every day!....front one day, back the next day.
It's become a part time job!
And, still perennials are dying everywhere, front and back....can't keep up..

Thanks, Oldguy....my Grand Cherokee has a towing package, I'll have to see if I can find my original manual or purchase agreement to find out if it's the 5.7 or 4.7....who knows if I can find it though....it's 23 years old and now I feel guilty for keeping her mostly in the garage with all that power...LOL

a good friend pointed out that the name Nellie sounds kind of wimpy for her....hmm, yeah it does...other suggestions are welcome.

Garage door is getting a new motor this morning..and some minor tweaks...not sure I like the idea of an outdoor keypad though, sounds like it's an upgrade that maybe shouldn't be added for security purposes? What say you.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6955 on: July 12, 2023, 06:55:55 AM »

bounce

KB... We had that version of garage door motor installed about 6 yrs. ago. 2 doors, 2 keypads. My Bro has his own code. And we have the ability to open/close our door from our phones and we can get notifications when our door opens/closes. It is handy for us since ours is unattached and we have no visual of the doors.

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6956 on: July 12, 2023, 07:02:21 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Big storm passing through, heavy rain.  Looks like it might rain for a couple of hours, we need it! Big rolling thunder just now...

Phyl, Anthony looking good! The auction does sound like fun! I have some framed eagle prints that Ed has 'found' over the years. I need to take to Decorah next year so they can auction them at the next ATF! Cute good night pic!

oldguy, you will surely be getting a good rain this morning! Great video of the volcano in Iceland, it's mesmerizing...

Lani, so happy to hear that Aly is on a great path with her career! Good people to work for is a plus that is hard to come by...

kb, LOLOL in the US map!

baz, hope you get to feeling better very soon...

tsk, I keep forgetting to put the rain gauge out! Every time I think about it it's pouring down rain....  ::) ::)

Lisa, I have noticed that too, that if you just look at something, on Pinterest or Facebook or even just on the web you start getting stuff on the same subject. I have looked at tub/shower conversions and home warranty info in the web and immediately get a phone call about it. I had a phone call a few years back trying to get me to order my diabetic supplies from this company. I told them I was not diabetic, and he said yes you are, you ordered insulin online! I said IT WAS FOR MY CAT! I have a diabetic CAT.  He hung up.  ;D

karen,  sounds like Piper is getting the hang of going outside, she just needed someone who cares!  I am sure she thinks she is in heaven now, living with you!

SF Bay Ospreys - Rosie and Richmond spent a little time defending the nest from a couple of other Ospreys today. Rosie spent almost three hours in her "nook" (an upper sheave on the boom), and Richmond made sure the nest was tidied up.

Boulder County Fairgrounds Osprey Cam - Riv Hellington  ยท Watching mom on the cam platform.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #6957 on: July 12, 2023, 07:12:04 AM »

bounce

KB... We had that version of garage door motor installed about 6 yrs. ago. 2 doors, 2 keypads. My Bro has his own code. And we have the ability to open/close our door from our phones and we can get notifications when our door opens/closes. It is handy for us since ours is unattached and we have no visual of the doors.

Makes total sense and good for you.....hmm, my garage is attached with 2 doors, one right into the dining room...the other side door is blocked...I will ask the man a bunch of questions. Thanks.

Puff

« Reply #6958 on: July 12, 2023, 07:36:38 AM »

When the V6 engine was first developed in the 1960s, the angle between the V was out of sequence to the firing of the cylinders, which caused a loping sound.  This made it very easy to tell just from the exhaust sound if a car had a V6 or V8 engine.
This was corrected in the 70s or 80s to even out the sound by changing the angle of the V.

The Grand Cherokee had 3 engines available - 3.6 V6, 4.7 V8 and a 5.7 V8
The 3.6 V6 was popular for owners that wanted better gas mileage and was the default engine
The 4.7 V8 (235hp) was popular by owners that wanted good acceleration for freeway driving and minor off road adventures and towing small trailers
The 5.7 V8 (330 hp) was used for towing larger trailers.  This was a hemi engine made by Chysler.

BL - if you are still in the NH/VT area, I hope you have found some dry high ground to sit out the flooding.

Our area got no rain this evening - redeveloped to the East of us again - chance for tomorrow morning still in the forecast - the lawns are turning brown again and did not grow much from last weeks small amount.

Nice to see you got to my "beater" OG  Let me see if my high mileage brain remembers my stats. . .380 hp 5.2 2009 - the real hot rod was 1971 420 hp 5.7.  1971 driven past 250,000 - cuddled 2009 only at 49,500.

P

karengramke

« Reply #6959 on: July 12, 2023, 08:14:55 AM »

Good morning.  I have a key pad entry to the garage for hh,  also have regular opener.  Door to the house has double lock so I do not see a problem.  Works for me. 
75 now going to 95!  Humidity up in the 90s again!  A little dampish!
Pt supervisor comes this afternoon to execute my discharge papers!  I do not like him but did like the staff!
Lani, good to hear the news on Aly! 
Piper was not happy with me last night!  I decided her collar was too tight and since I could not loosen it, I cut it off!  She saw the scissors and tried to get away!  Now have to buy another and get some instructions!   She doesnt like manis or pedis either but Surely they were not done with scissors!  Who knows, all well this am!
Clynn, glad you are getting rain for the corn crop!
Getting another cuppa!