Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 493822 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #6885 on: July 10, 2023, 06:48:30 AM »

HI BEAKERS

64 heading to 88 with a dew point of 53 this AM

LANI  That loon cam is such a peaceful one - raining on the water this AM  :)  Grand Canon - awesome. :o

KAREN   Sounds like Piper is getting the hang of it.  Is there a treat for good behavior?   ;)

KB   Bummer about your computer laptop.  Is it something that could be rehabbed?   That pelican " had eyes bigger than its stomach" or " bit off more than he could chew"  LOL

PHYL   Sorry to hear about the GSB deaths.  :'(
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 06:50:28 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #6886 on: July 10, 2023, 06:51:07 AM »

Decided to check out the Hatchery and snapped this.... found 'the princess' DH2 cleaning up an old   fish carcuss.

Decorah Eagles
Jul 10, 2023 6:47 AM
Camera Time: Jul 10, 2023 6:46 AM CDT
Birchwoman

Earlier
Jul 10, 2023 6:18 AM
Camera Time: Jul 10, 2023 6:18 AM CDT
SusyQTeamOtis480

« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 06:57:27 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6887 on: July 10, 2023, 07:12:46 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, what a gorgeous picture of the Grand Canyon! Good day to stay inside! It was nice here yesterday, the A/C goes back on today. Heading for 90. Hope Mike got rested up! Thanks for the Loon news, they are such pretty birds and love their call...  Benson, what a hunk!

E4E, you will have your quota of worrying filled up for a while, praying all goes well!

kb, great video of the pelican rescue, he was glad to give up that meal and get away from it!!  And the eaglet rescue, so glad it got help! They will take good care of him...

Phyl, did you get to work on your book while it rained yesterday? How is Maggie? Honey is holding her own, skinny but is eating, moving around, etc. Owls are causing such havoc it seems. Wish they could co-exist better with other birds. So many emotions we have with these birds. Great pic of Norman, he must be very experienced at avoiding the owls!

Lori, love the Dunrovin videos, love seeing three big healthy ospreylettes in the nest! It seems like there was an osprey nest in the past that named the chicks Snap, Crackle & Pop. I just can't remember which one it was! Hope you are doing well, and your Mom and Dad and Grandma and brother...I think about you often...  Good pic of DH2 picking at the leftovers!

tsk, it's heating up again...  ::)

From nr, WF osprey chicks doing well!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #6888 on: July 10, 2023, 07:50:06 AM »

tsk - good idea about a possible fix?....I just finished a video of a guy taking apart the computer, taking out the trac pad, cleaning it out and voila it works.
I wouldn't be surprised that's all mine needs...what with dog hair and food, LOL...it is always on my lap so it takes a bit of abuse..
I have a company a block away called chip heads that I might call to see if they would be able to do something like that, and for how much?
I don't have the tools necessary to do it myself.

Taking my Jeep up for a brake inspection...think I need new ones plus new rotars now...I can walk home as it's only a block or so over from my house.

Iner just left..he's younger than I remember..must have been someone else before...they found the break and it's at the elbow...unfortunately, when the city put this in in the early 60's they didn't do straight out to the main in the street, but instead created vulnerabilities taking it out one direction and then bending 45 degrees and then 90 degrees out to the street so it ran out alongside the garage, not straight out under the basement floor
He will address the pool the city created after he fixes the elbow....may not need to change anything there which would be great as the concrete then in Scott's shop wouldn't be disturbed....just the elbow outside of the shop and garage.

Later....off for another possible fix....my house/and things has become a real fix it place.

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #6889 on: July 10, 2023, 08:34:52 AM »

tsk - good idea about a possible fix?....I just finished a video of a guy taking apart the computer, taking out the trac pad, cleaning it out and voila it works.
I wouldn't be surprised that's all mine needs...what with dog hair and food, LOL...it is always on my lap so it takes a bit of abuse..
I have a company a block away called chip heads that I might call to see if they would be able to do something like that, and for how much?
I don't have the tools necessary to do it myself.

Hey girl!  saw you are having an issue with your trackpad.  There are a couple things to try before calling anybody... is it responding at all?  There are so many things it could be... first things first... use an alcohol wipe and clean the trackpad, try & get the creases if you can, I also use a tiny brush to get into the creases and also an air duster (air in a can) comes in very handy. The problem "could" also be a setting in MAC.. for now... you can use an an external mouse either wired or wireless if you have an extra one around the house.  I use a wireless keyboard (with a trackpad) when I have trouble with my keyboard or trackpad on my laptop until I get it fixed.  I have this one https://www.amazon.com/Rii-Wireless-Keyboard-Rechargable-Raspberry/dp/B077VYRMC1/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=wireless+keyboard+with+trackpad&qid=1688995673&sr=8-5  (happens a lot)...   take care sweetie. Lori
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 08:38:47 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #6890 on: July 10, 2023, 09:08:37 AM »

Currently 55 - high of 70

Lani - Gorgeous pic of the Grand Canyon - breathtakingly beautiful! Good idea to have stayed indoors yesterday  :)

Phyl - Cute morning gif.   Great pic of Anthony at the Two Harbors! ;D   So sad about the Owl attacks at the Falcon nest during this season. :'(   Love seeing DH2 cleaning up at the nest. ;D

Tsk - Nice temp in your area today.

Clynn - Thank you  :)  Bet you are enjoying your new porch this summer!

Hi Tig - Nice morning to be out in the yard sprinkling?

Kb - Hope all goes well with your brake inspection.  I see that Lori has given you some good tips for your computer! :)

Lori - Looks like you have given Kb some good ideas for cleaning her computer.  :)

Oldguy - Have I missed a recent post - I don't think You mentioned how your weekend was, or if you had 'card' night during the weekend? 

Puff - Hope you are feeling ok and not in lots of discomfort.

Karen - Good morning / pat on Piper's head. :)

Baz - Good morning to you & Zippo.

LisaG - I know you are busy with lots going on! Have a nice day  :)

Beakers have a great day.

kbshcb

« Reply #6891 on: July 10, 2023, 09:36:07 AM »

Lori - thanks for the link....yes, it works until I want to say move something..the pad doesn't work with this function: left finger holds it down, and right finger moves the object around...so if I want to look at radar clouds moving in I can zoom in and out but can't hold it down and move the picture around.

I don't use a desk so I'd have to think about having a separate keyboard and still look at my computer...also, my Macbook Air is a 2014.....I also think the battery is so old and may have swollen and it sits near the tracpad...for now I can work things around with a few more steps and yes I have looked into all the settings which are fine and enabled...

I have to have a new garage door opener motor replaced on Wednesday now too...well, last year Rob told me the some of the gear was slipping...just plastic parts that wear..but this year it is much more jerky and noisy so I decided to not risk the think just rolling down esp on top of my jeep.

Jeep only needs front brakes and rotars..they are sitting at less than 15 percent left of pads...rears are fine and they will also rotate my tires...tread is fine on them.

Remember, it's a 2000 Jeep Grand Cheroke with still only 65,000 miles on it...I bought it used in 2002 with 27 of the 65 thousand miles on it already...Scott and I put new tires on it in the last oh I don't 15 years or so...Looks brand new...other than as Chris would say it has none of that dash computer stuff in it...so to him, it's Ancient!

Ugg, sewer, Jeep, garage door, and at some point tracpad...ouch.

oldguy

« Reply #6892 on: July 10, 2023, 09:47:01 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Forecast for 89 today, dew point near 60, so not too bad...  not expecting any rain until Wed early AM.

GREAT cards Sat night - won 3 out 3 - 2 of them by wide margins.  ::)

🐈 Dog, where is the meat?! 🐕 Funny videos with cats and dogs for a good mood! 🐱   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8gGIM_oS5w

Activity is on the rise in Iceland again on the Reykjanes Peninsula...
The Largest Earthquakes so far   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A98Z08dTRMg

Maru's first video was posted 15 years ago on YouTube - this is 54 minutes of Maru, Hana and Miri highlights from those 15 years...
15 year anniversary video of Maru&Hana&Miri   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIyLybKJH-U

Did Our Nest Cam Catch Cute Little Inky in the Middle of Dreaming?   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcgjL3VPUcc

F & F cover "Landslide" by Stevie Nicks   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI4UBZlatik

« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 01:24:52 PM by oldguy »
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

kbshcb

« Reply #6893 on: July 10, 2023, 09:54:35 AM »

Hmm....it's now working after Chris plugged in his expensive mouse which must have reset something.
I can use a corner of the tracpad now and move things....
Voila.

Push come to shove, I can use his mouse permanently...takes up room on my ottoman next to my couch.

Next issue might be to replace the battery, that is if they still have 2014 batteries!...

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #6894 on: July 10, 2023, 10:31:55 AM »

Bearstudy updates

With blueberries ripening fast in open areas and a little slower in shaded areas, wild food that is already unusually abundant is increasing. In the midst of food abundance, another bright moment was a visit from bright-faced
yearling Bentley the gentle, trusting great grandson of Shadow (Shadow, RC, Bow, Bentley).

Bears in Action at the Bear Center - UPDATE July 8, 2023     

https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4783-bears-in-action-at-the-bear-center-update-july-8-2023.html

Lucky enjoying a bath  ;D

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie and All!

Kb, Monday is turning out to be a good day for you! tracpad works and sewer situation may not be ask bad.  ;D

Lori, good suggestions for Kb, we're blessed to have you and Oldguy  ;D

Clynn, Mike did a lot of cat napping in front of the tv yesterday, as well as catching up with emails. I hope he works out of home this week. It'll be hot in the valley and that wears on him.... the WF chicks look sweet and well.

Tsk, Loon cam is a nice peaceful watch, it's raining right now, and the two chicks are with dad.  :)

Phyl Anthony looks well... as does Newman. It's amazing to me that he has been able to escape these owl attacks. It's very sad that two and mom Samantha are lost, at least two are alive and learning how to survive and be beautiful Peregrines like their dad Newman! ... sweet and peaceful pics of DH2 visiting home nest.  :-*

{{{Puff}}} I hope you're feeling better today.

Oldguy, Congrats on a successful card night! Great videos and posts!  ;D... never heard of F & F, lead singer sounds a little like Stevie Nicks.

It's 78 and high will be 94 in our little corner of the world.
High will be 110 in Gila Bend.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 10:33:54 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #6895 on: July 10, 2023, 11:41:47 AM »

some bounce
Body just a bit sore here n there from yesterday's activity?? Anyway... all good. Garden sprinkled this a.m. (E4E... I just set it and go back inside). Resting, reading. I watched le Tour overnight and Wimbledon is on in the background.
(KB)
BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #6896 on: July 10, 2023, 12:16:29 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

I had a salon appointment this morning, and was rushing around before I left that I forgot to post.

tig - Sounds like you are taking it easy today. 

Lani - Thanks for the bear study update. I hope Mike will work from home too, that is some hot weather you are having.   Love the loons!

oldguy - That is my kinda coffee mug!  ;D  Thanks for the videos.

kb - You got alot going on sewer, Jeep, garage door, and at some point tracpad...ouch is right!

E4E - Hoping all goes well for your Sis today!  Keep us posted.

clynn
- Love the daisies this morning.  Awww, the WF chicks are getting big.

Phyl - Nice cam pics this morning.  Thanks for the GSB info.

tsk - We did get the rain.  It came down like sheets for about an hour.  Everything got a good soaking.

Hello to anyone I missed  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #6897 on: July 10, 2023, 12:39:05 PM »

CLYNN  Had a daisy theme this AM  :)  We have close to 90 today as well.

KB  We have a place right next to our DQ in town that has "Tech City" and I often thought I would go there with my next computer issues.  Hope it works out with the sewer problem that it can be repaired expertly without too much expense.  Newer guys in the field always marvel at hope things were done in the past.  Sounds like the Jeep turned out better than you thought. :D

LORI  Hopes your idea works for KB.

OLDGUY  Wrong link to Maru?   Inky and snake display - fascinating          LOL  Some very funny ones in the dog/cat compilation.  ;D ;D

LANI    Sweet Bentley  :-*   Thanks for the bear report - fun to watch them exploring the new digs.
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #6898 on: July 10, 2023, 01:13:19 PM »

tsk, I was going to let oldguy know the link was  :o and you beat me to it! I thought I had done something when it took me right back to the forum! I am so luck to have my tech support son, just had him help me yesterday. There was an update somewhere and I couldn't figure out how to upload pictures!  He is very patient with me!

Lisa, lovely boquet! And a fresh hair trim!

Lani, Mike really needed those cat naps! I also hope he can work from home when it's so hot!  Thanks for the Bear report, Bentley looks like a sweet one. So many bears coming from Shadow! It's amazing and a very good study that Lynn has kept going all these years!  Lucky keeping cool!

oldguy, love that HUGE coffee cup!  I hope it's Sumatra!  ;D  Hooray on the cards! 15 years of stardom for Maru, wow! 

kb, mouses do wear out.  I was having trouble last year, talked to Erin, got a new one and all problems solved.

I forgot to post this last Friday when I was coming back from the grocery store, picture taken from my car. This is a common occurrence on this road:

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

oldguy

« Reply #6899 on: July 10, 2023, 01:26:46 PM »

Sorry Beakers - here is the correct link to Maru...
15 year anniversary video of Maru&Hana&Miri   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIyLybKJH-U

I corrected the link in this mornings post... :-[
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah