Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 493156 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4515 on: May 04, 2023, 04:13:10 PM »

Lisa, keep the kitty pictures  coming!   I think Misty is very fond of the little tabby!   So sweet.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 08:19:34 PM by karengramke »

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4516 on: May 04, 2023, 05:20:08 PM »

Lisa, I agree with all, I love seeing the kitty pictures! I want all of them, never get tired of the pics! I sometimes feel that way about my Bella pics... maybe y'all are getting tired of them... but most of you seem to enjoy them so I will carry on until my Wednesday Bella Days end.  :'( School starts 8/23 so maybe I will have them on 8/22 for the last time until next summer. 

tsk, a really beautiful day here too, 81 right now. Not windy! I don't dare complain about it, we have waited too long for some good warmth! TWC says 88 for Sunday, but back down to lovely temps after that. We are getting older, takes a bit longer to do things, but lucky if we can still do them! I need to call and get an eye appt. On my last one he told me I had the beginnings of cataracts, and I think in the last couple of months I am not seeing as good...often cloudy and have to rub my eyes... Still much more trash at Kay's, we just wanted to get the not so pleasant stuff out...  I always make my font larger for you. I think you are a year older than me... LOLOL!

karen, I once called a plumber and it turned out it only needed a new flapper. I learned to change a flapper myself after that!  ;D Bella loves dresses, nail polish, earrings, she is quite fashionable and loves to spin her dresses!

Lisa's morning picture, Hatchery Mom (HM) not happy about the sub-adult visitor this morning - 5/4/2023  That's a look not to mess with!

Norwich Peregrine Falcon Forum - Jodie Mellowship  · Norm brings dinner and chick gets a couple of tiny beak-fuls before Edith stashes it.

SWFL Eagles - Phil Robinson  · Goodbye little brother, I have to go now.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #4517 on: May 04, 2023, 05:50:58 PM »

Clynn, the flapper was only part of the fix. Lol. I used to fix them myself as well.  This brand is more complicated than others but still doable forthe able bodied!

Oh, no, the swfl kids are truly splitting and leaving the nest?  I really love them.  That picture is fit for framing and truly one for the baby book.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2023, 06:43:38 PM by karengramke »

LisaG1967

« Reply #4518 on: May 04, 2023, 06:09:03 PM »

karen - Your toilet story sounds like something I would do.  Then, Jeff would be fussing cause I broke the toilet.  ;D  Misty does seem to hug the tabby's the most.

tsk - Those two tabby's are so stinkin' cute!  I go in there and start talking, and the look up at me, or I think they are looking at me.  ;D

clynn - I love seeing Bella day pics, and all the fun you all have!  Is she going to be in school all day, so no more time with you during the week?  I bet you are going to miss your day with her.  Thanks for posting my morning pic.  HM really was letting that sub-adult know she did not want it around.

Puff and all...thanks for saying that about the kitty pics.  I wasn't sure if you all were sick of seeing them or not, so had to ask.  :D

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4519 on: May 04, 2023, 06:20:54 PM »

CLYNN  You are kind  ;D ;D ;D   I think it's more than one year   ;) ;).   Yes we will miss the Bella pics come this fall.  More cats doing funny things I guess.  Can't wait til your new enclosed porch is done.  A while back you did so much cleaning and purging at Kay's, it surprises me that there is still so much stuff left!  That was a great clip of HM - Our new cameras are so clear.

LISA   Our handle broke the other day - Tim not me - There was a crack in something and Tim with his ever popular fix it tool - Gorilla glue - fixed it  LOL
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4520 on: May 04, 2023, 06:34:43 PM »

Clynn from that close up of nestling pileated woodpecker, those pin feathers look like they'd hurt coming thru the skin.
 Saturday AM w/coffee made and donuts for Jim and I .
YOu don't blame enough for Diana's death...Camella, QE2, Prince Phillip, the Press to name a few. IMHO
Good Bella pics.  LOL the scarved old ladies.

Lisa it was something you said in yesterday's post that hit me kattywampus, is all.   If Maggie were 10yrs younger, I'd drive up there, get a hotel room and visit the AC and adopt the runt.  ;)  I think my vet would give me an excellent reference.
Since you won't have the kittens too much longer---keep the photos coming. Think I'll will always wonder about their future.

Tsk such a heartbreaking post from  RRP about D36 and all.  :'(
Doing better than I in the yardwork.  ;)

Tig  75F is too cool to work outside for me. Like it warm so I can sweat.  Good for the pores and internal system.
That's just me

Karen . Hope doc visit went well.

Clynn yep! toiltet flappers are easy to switch out. Such a sweet SWFL Eagles photo.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4521 on: May 04, 2023, 06:34:52 PM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Upcoming hatches!

May 3, 2023  RaptorResource
https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/05/03/upcoming-hatches/

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4522 on: May 04, 2023, 06:44:24 PM »

Good Evening and SEDs...

#IstandwithEvan

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4523 on: May 04, 2023, 07:10:19 PM »

some bounce
Yup, well, being 100 pounds overweight and having low blood pressure makes me not like temps over 60. Enough said.
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4524 on: May 04, 2023, 11:41:45 PM »

Beakers, i think I just read that D36 has died,  there-was a rather long article in small print which . I did not read.  Bless his heart, he  was 3 years old when and wore that dang camera the whole time.  Rip baby and fly free.
Baby was hit by a car while eating road kill!

Good for Kelsey picking out some of Kays things.  Bella sure can spin!  Dress and hair flying!
Sheis gtowing some longshapely legs!

That's terrible news about D36  :'(
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4525 on: May 05, 2023, 12:37:44 AM »

Phyl, pretty bb eggs, and morning update pics, especially juvie... thanks for Amy's blog.

Karen, a fence around the nest is a good idea.... once I called a plumber to help with toilet handle and flapper. Ridiculous bill, we replaced another one after watching how to replace it on youtube. Love youtube  ;D ... I hope your doctor appt went well.  :)

Clynn, fun pics of Bella and I love them too :-* ! How special for Kelsey to be able to have some of Kay's things.... amazing photo of the pileated's feathers.... I wouldn't mess with HM either! YIKES!.. awww sweet pic of Harriet's last eaglets. SWFL dad did an amazing job raising these two beauties. And they did what they needed to do to survive too. Against the female intruders and GHOs. Safe travels E21  :-*

Tsk, thanks for posting RRP's story of D36  :'( .... Love Glorilla glue and tape, I fixed a leaky pipe last summer!  ;D

Lisa, you could never post enough pics of those precious babies!  :-*

{{{Tig}}}

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for Mississippi, Nashville, SWFL Eaglets, Eagle's Star, DNR and Trio nest. 🙏

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Dale Hollow Eaglet, Star, SWFL Harriet, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #4526 on: May 05, 2023, 06:06:58 AM »

55F cloudy with a   High 67F rain . And, Low 57F  showers

Lani awesome leopard

Clynn safe travels to E21

Be well {{{Tig}}}

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4527 on: May 05, 2023, 06:08:07 AM »

How to see the full 'Flower Moon' eclipsed by Earth's shadow this weekend

May's full 'Flower Moon' rises on Friday (May 5) during the deepest penumbral eclipse until 2042. Only part of the world will be able to see it.

News
By Jamie Carter published 1 day ago

https://www.livescience.com/space/the-moon/how-to-see-the-full-flower-moon-eclipsed-by-earths-shadow-this-weekend?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=A02A75EA-24EC-4443-AAB9-6AA64D306809&utm_source=SmartBrief

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4528 on: May 05, 2023, 06:09:55 AM »

This morning's cam views...

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
May 5, 2023 6:08 AM
Camera Time: May 5, 2023 6:07 AM CDT