Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 475288 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4395 on: April 30, 2023, 08:41:58 PM »

Jerry Severson posted this gorgeous picture of a female hooded merganser fishing in the Mississippi near Big Lake MN

Lisa - no snow here today but very cold and off and on rain/drizzle continuing until after midnight.

got lots of indoor work done today however...Won't be doing any of that once summer arrives.

It's been a 7 month long winter this year.....4-5 months is more typical...

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4396 on: May 01, 2023, 12:25:02 AM »

Baz, fun photos of you and your sis!

{{{Clynn}}} that's nice of you and Diana to organize Kay's service.... sweet photo of DH2 and Swoop and treasurers.

Lisa, Bradley came to see the kittens, how is he and DIL?  :)

Tsk, I think Sp will do quite well when he leaves the nest. He's got a cute temper  ;D

Karen, Shannon's fine.  :)

Kb, pretty hooded merganser

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for Mississippi, Nashville, SWFL Eaglets, Eagle's Star, DNR and Trio nest. 🙏

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Dale Hollow Eaglet, Star, SWFL Harriet, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4397 on: May 01, 2023, 05:57:31 AM »

Good Morning ...

Now  47 F .Today 62F breezy . And, tonight 46F  clear skies.

Kb striking  photo of hooded merganser

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4398 on: May 01, 2023, 05:58:33 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4399 on: May 01, 2023, 06:01:22 AM »

On my morning cam rounds t his eaglet was awake and waiting for HM or HD

Decorah Eagles
May 1, 2023 5:59 AM
Camera Time: May 1, 2023 5:58 AM CDT
Birchwoman

Cute DH2

« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 06:07:13 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4400 on: May 01, 2023, 06:05:42 AM »

Caught little TH aka Bandit and Choyln snoozing...such a hazy day

Two Harbors Bald Eagle Cam
May 1, 2023 6:03 AM
Camera Time: May 1, 2023 4:03 AM PDT
Birchwoman

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4401 on: May 01, 2023, 06:15:03 AM »

No one in residance...but...

Decorah Goose Cam
May 1, 2023 6:09 AM
Camera Time: May 1, 2023 6:09 AM CDT
Birchwoman

From  Chat:
SgtPepper (Michelle Pepper)
10 hours ago
Beautiful deer, underneath goose cam

https://youtu.be/8mPXm6Ct3Gc

JeanIA
10 hours ago edited
Beauties

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4402 on: May 01, 2023, 06:30:24 AM »

Dale Hollow Eagle Camera Live Stream

https://youtu.be/HzsSJcetFA0

As Dale Hollow Eagle Cam (DHEC) enters its 7th season watching the life cycle of these magnificent American bald eagles, Obey & River,...

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4403 on: May 01, 2023, 07:13:14 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! It's May!

Phyl, great pictures, N2B looks lonely...maybe we will see some fawns later!  Peaceful at Two Harbors, and what a cute pic of DH2!  41 here, 61 high for today. Windy, of course!  May is my favorite month, flowers get planted and it's officially really Spring!  Of my family of 5, three of us have May birthdays! My Dad would have been 93 today. I used to have a birthday in May but I think I will skip it going forward! And my youngest sister is May 27th.  Love the Good Morning pictures! Just saw this update on DH18, the eaglet that was rescued from the nest.  https://www.wsmv.com/2023/04/27/american-eagle-foundation-rescued-dale-hollow-eaglet-underwent-surgery-unlikely-return-nest/

Lani, hugs for you! Your Good Night posts are calming and always appreciated...

kb, very regal looking Hooded Merganser! Yes, get all of that indoor work out of the way! I can't wait to enjoy my screened in deck this summer and fall! The seasons do change over the years, I remember winters in Duluth, starting in September and ending in May... And then there was the snow event of May 2, 2013 here in Des Moines - 4-5"! Of course, it didn't stay long!

karen, get those big girl panties on and get 'er done!  You are doing great, just keep a low profile until your help arrives and then give it all you can with the PT!

I am going to meet Diana at Kay's this morning, I think it will do both of us good to see that she is really gone. We want to get some of the perishable food stuff cleared out.

Decorah Eagles - Kalpana King - Big fish  pillow this morning. 4/30. 9:52 am

Hellgate Osprey Cam - Kitty Carlyle - A well deserved dinner for Iris. 04-30-2023

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4404 on: May 01, 2023, 07:31:16 AM »

GOOD MORNING ALL

BRRR  Like a mid winter day today.  39 heading to 44..Rain on and off all day today  :P

PHYL   Love from you and Jim is what is keeping that tiny Maggie going.  I did find the 4th kitty  LOL  Good clip from Tembe Park.  A long and varied history to May Day.  Interesting.

KAREN   How did the first night alone go?

CLYNN  A pretty guarded report on DH18.  Sure hope all goes well.  When does your enclosed porch project start?   Tough morning for you and Diana but good idea on the perishable foods.      " Big fish pillow" at Decorah nest   ;D

KB    Fashionable female merganser  ;D  So very cold here today.  I too will find more indoor things to do.
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #4405 on: May 01, 2023, 09:19:37 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - LOL, Who's on First? Real kid is doing good.  We are making plans for a baby shower in June.

Phyl - Thanks for cam pics.  Will try and get a pic of the ones that are trying to open their eyes, so cute!  Tonight is weigh night, so can't wait to see if they gained anymore.  My ex-MIL made the best Chicken Ala King, and served it in Puff pastry shells.  I do the same sometimes when I made stew meat and brown gravy, if I don't want to make a traditional stew.

karen - Bradley loved the kitties.  He and Kelly have a cat, all black named Stewie.  He was wanting one of the black ones.  I am like...OMG, you are having a baby and you want a kitten, plus Stewie...you must be crazy!

kb - Glad to hear you got no snow, rain and cold is just as miserable. 

Lani - He and Kelly are doing good.

{{{clynn}}} - Happy Heavenly Birthday to your Dad!   Great pic of DH2 and fish pillow, and wow nice catch for Iris!

karengramke

« Reply #4406 on: May 01, 2023, 09:59:49 AM »

Good morning!  Been up and out wih the lawn service guy who is finishing up planting!  Starting to look good.  A man stopped to hire him for his house so it must look good!   Have a few more thingto do!
Clynn, I did put my big girl or old lady pants on and the night went well.   Here I am to great the Merry Month of May!  I too love this month,  my birthday is the 30th, my Father and uncle had May birthdays as well as  s 2 close friends from High School had May birthdays!.  A month of debuts!
Planting done and paid for!  One of my greatest joys in life used to be gardening and now all I can do is tell people what I want.  I meant   to say that the osprey eggs look like expensive Easter eggs,  darn Louis and her loyalty to him!   Wish I could read their minds and get them on the couch!
Hope e4e and Kris are having a good time.
Time to get ready for my hh lady and my trip to the spin doctor for my vertigo! 
All good news Lisa!  Love puff pastry!

kbshcb

« Reply #4407 on: May 01, 2023, 10:06:24 AM »

https://www.weather.gov/lmrfc/obsfcst_mississippi_riverwatch

Might be useful..Moderate flooding of the Mississippi in Minnesota and most of IA until you get to Illinois..

Lisa - hope you get some pics for us when their eyes are open....and when they start moving around we'll need video..LOL

Like March here yesterday and today with the high winds...

Lani

« Reply #4408 on: May 01, 2023, 10:33:51 AM »

On my morning cam rounds t his eaglet was awake and waiting for HM or HD

Decorah Eagles
May 1, 2023 5:59 AM
Camera Time: May 1, 2023 5:58 AM CDT
Birchwoman

Cute DH2

sweet  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #4409 on: May 01, 2023, 10:47:04 AM »

Hello May!

Happy May Day Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Karen, you've been busy this morning, good luck at spin doctor... Louis makes me mad too. Any day now I expect Iris to lay the first egg. Another female has been wanted to take Iris's nest. But, the Queen has control of it.... I hope all goes well with your HH gal. Have a good day  ;D

Lisa, My MIL made the best Chicken ala King too! Glad the Real Kid got to see the kittens. Sounds like he's smitten and wants one. Will he have to go through AC?

Phyl, thanks for nests updates... prayers for Dale Hollow 18 eaglet... thanks for May Day history. May Day is Lei Day in Hawaii!

Clynn, ..Our Iris is a master fisher, there's no one better  :-* !!! awww DH2 and trout pillow LOL! .... thanks for update on DH18, prayers for Dale Hollow eaglet  :( ... I'll be thinking of you and Diana today
Happy Heavenly Birthday to your Dad!

The Toucan Rescue Ranch’s (TRR) mission is to rescue, rehabilitate, and release Costa Rican wildlife. TRR works with a model that focuses on conservation, education, and research to ensure a brighter tomorrow for native wildlife.

- Sweet little Robin  :-*

**Costa Rican sloth antibiotics offer hope for human medicine**
https://news.yahoo.com/costa-rican-sloth-antibiotics-offer-012007149.html