Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 493538 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #4245 on: April 26, 2023, 03:16:54 PM »

Yay
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #4246 on: April 26, 2023, 04:43:53 PM »

GOOD MORNING

33  heading to 49 today  sunny

BAZI  That is a very fast paced walk!!!  Good for you.  I used to love the elliptical as well.   RIP  Harry Belafonte  - a trail blazer.

TSK, I made more effort to go faster yesterday, since I shortened my walk for my knee, and wanted to try to get to my goal pace of 3 mph. When I walked today, I told myself I would go my regular, longer, 1.8 mile route, but my knee said I should do the shorter 1.15 mile walk I did yesterday.  ::)  After negotiations, I took the middle ground, LOL, so today I walked 1.35 mile, at 3.24 mph. Yay! I will try to get my distance back up a little at a time if my knee lets me without too much complaint.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #4247 on: April 26, 2023, 04:49:26 PM »

GABear Mod
2 minutes ago
Reposting update from below

Update from RRP
5 goslings are with the parents. A sixth has been rescued and is on it's way to veterinarian help as it has a bad leg

Clynn, thanks for the update on the jump! Awww, 5 made it. I wonder if the 6th one's leg is bad because of injury from the jump, or if it was bad for some other reason, before the jump. It's so nice that RRP was able to rescue that one to get to a vet. Hope it's an injury it can overcome and get back to its natural surroundings before long. I hope the goose family does well.  :-*  Hope you're having a fun Bella day!  :)  Did she watch the jump with you?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #4248 on: April 26, 2023, 05:06:46 PM »

Have a wonderful afternoon and evening, Beakers!  :)

Yay for AEF! and their successful mission at the Dale Hollow Eagle Nest!  :-* I hope the smaller eaglet with the wounds will heal and rehab well, and get released again before too long.  :-* :-*

Lisa, LOL, your DIL getting big... I guess that's to be expected.  ;) :D  Glad to hear she is feeling good!  :)  Are all 7 kittens nursing regularly on their own now, including the littlest one? Or are you giving additional formula to the smallest, or any others? I've wondered if Misty has expelled the missing placenta yet. Glad to hear she seems to feel better.   :-*  Did everyone get to sleep last night??  Hope Misty and the kittens, and your   whole household have a good and restful night tonight!  :)

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D  Off to walk to my community mailboxes kiosk to check for my mail...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 05:09:37 PM by baziunc »

karengramke

« Reply #4249 on: April 26, 2023, 05:32:52 PM »

Very eventful day Beakers! 
Mickey leaves .Sunday afternoon!  Hh starts Friday.
A new world for me!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4250 on: April 26, 2023, 06:46:52 PM »

Beakers, good evening! Today it was Polly Pockets, the park, raking pine needles outide and, of course, the Ah-Pad. She was wanting mac'n'cheese before 10:00 but I held her off until 11:00!  She must be having a growing spurt, she ate way more than she usually does! Forgot, two pieces of toast with peanut butter for breakfast!

I am so happy to hear that AEF won on the issue of the Dale Hollow eaglets. I hope they can put the little one back in the nest, but it didn't sound hopeful. And the little gosling, they sure found him quckly! Yay RRP!

karen, you on your way to being at home! How is the vertigo, did it go?  ;D

Lisa, another gorgeous boquet! And the kittens are all doing well?

I am on power save with this laptop, need to go to my pc! Internet was down again today, they must be working on something!

Found this on FB:
Dale Hollow Lake
Breaking News: The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, Nashville District, and American Eagle Foundation coordinated a rescue this morning and successfully cut one eaglet free in the nest at Dale Hollow Lake. They removed the other eaglet (photo attached) that will need surgery and they’re hopeful it can be returned to the nest once it recovers. They are taking the smaller eaglet to UT for surgery. A statement from AEF is also included with this post.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4251 on: April 26, 2023, 07:06:19 PM »

KB   Thanks for that update from AEF  All good news - And thanks to the tree climber Nick.  Wonder if this was a first for him.

BAZI   Baby steps important.  Sure wish it would warm up here - I'm getting antsy to resume my walks and build endurance.

KAREN   Glad Mickey will be there to "supervise " your new helpers.  Will it always be the same person? maybe during the week and a different one for weekends?

CLYNN  Bella burns off every bit of that mac and cheese  LOL
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #4252 on: April 26, 2023, 08:00:07 PM »

Just lost a post!
Two hhworjers.  One during the week and one on sat. And Sun.  Mickey will meet both of them.  She will give them the run down!   When shewas here before she got colored varnish, perfect match ti kitcheb cabiners and did a great job on redoing them!  Super job!
Still have vertigo.  Go for another treatment on Monday!
Got more roses today and spme azekeas!  Landskeeper will pick them up and plant!   Have house numbers on the way. Man who installed railings will put them up!
Clynn, did you get Bellas things put away?  Not much longer to have wendesdays with .gamma. 
Have to get a battery for my Ah Pad!  Current one is wearing out!
Lisa, pet Misty and her wonderful babies for me!
Night all,

kbshcb

« Reply #4253 on: April 26, 2023, 08:23:22 PM »

KB   Thanks for that update from AEF  All good news - And thanks to the tree climber Nick.  Wonder if this was a first for him.

BAZI   Baby steps important.  Sure wish it would warm up here - I'm getting antsy to resume my walks and build endurance.

KAREN   Glad Mickey will be there to "supervise " your new helpers.  Will it always be the same person? maybe during the week and a different one for weekends?

CLYNN  Bella burns off every bit of that mac and cheese  LOL

No it was not his first time...I looked at his face book page and he has several other eaglet rescues...he wears a go pro camera on his helmet too so you can watch his previous rescues.
Perhaps he'll do the same with this one?....
there is so much badness going on with the chats/mods of that nest still even bullying folks who requested the eagles recovery it may take some time?

The latest I read is that fishing line severely injured it..every time the other eaglet moved it tightened the line on his limbs....he probably would have died soon if not for the recovery.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 08:26:08 PM by kbshcb »

baziunc

« Reply #4254 on: April 26, 2023, 09:28:58 PM »

Good evening, Beakers!  :)

Clynn, it looks like it was a fun Bella day! She is grinning or laughing in every picture! LOL, a whirling dervish. The playground looks fun. Thanks for the pic of the rescued Dale Hollow eaglet. It's good to read they seem hopeful it will be able to be put back in the nest. Talons crossed! Thank you, AEF, and partner agencies, for that rescue and treatment plan!

TSK, I hope you start getting some good walking weather soon. Maybe it will come at the same time your doc clears you to walk a bit more. Yeah!  :)  How are your back and legs feeling? I hope Tim is continuing to feel good. Has Lulu delivered any more hair-raising surprise gifts to your bedsheets? :o ::) :D  LOL! Oh, I do baby steps! LOL. Trust me. I've been working up to where I am now with my walking for a little over 3 weeks, starting out with a much shorter and slower walk every other day. My endurance is building lots more quickly now, thanks to my overall good health, stamina, and history of strength and endurance exercise. I have to tailor what I do based on what my knee will tolerate. But, I can take just one step in the wrong direction in my own kitchen that it doesn't like, and have a big knee blowout requiring compression, rest, elevation, and meds for days. Also, occasionally, it will hyperextend, seemingly for no apparent reason, and that's a bear. Grrr. I need to get some ankle/leg weights and/or bands so I can do some at-home quad-strengthening exercises to help my knee. Keeping my weight down helps a bunch, too. I had to knix doing lunges and squats, and related exercises, long ago, that would help strengthen my upper legs, because of knee issues. Like you, I'm just glad to be able to doing more walking again. I know you're itching to get back to your walks soon, so fingers crossed it won't be much longer till you can!

((Karen)), your plants sound pretty! Glad you got the railings up, and that Mickey will be there to take the HH people through "orientation."  ;) :D  Lots of adjustments, I assume, but all for staying safe and getting stronger. Sooo glad you finally got a proper diagnosis for the cause of your dizziness, and hopefully that will start getting better with those treatments now. Feel better, and keep on keeping on.  :)

I need to get Zippo put to bed in her "sleeping nest." She's up late again!! So...

Goodnight, Beakers. Peace and Comfort. SED.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 09:34:42 PM by baziunc »

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4255 on: April 27, 2023, 12:21:29 AM »

Phyl - AEF is at the Dale Hollow nest with the intention to rescue the two chicks today.
Their camera is turned off now...

Prayers for all.

Hi Kb
Want to thank  you for all the posts you've put up today on the Dale Hallow eaglets situation.
Really appreciate the last update from AEF that intrvention/rescue were successful.
Again many thanks.
 ;) :-*
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4256 on: April 27, 2023, 12:41:02 AM »

Tsk I was under impression you had subscribed to the Nat Geo digital. So sorry.  Ur weather sound nice yesterday. Good luck with the walks/endurance building

Lani tks for photo of the gosling this AM. That was an early event

Lisa petty bouquet this AM; glad Misty's some better

HI Baz

Clynn  thanks for the gosling updates; Bella photos are great and she looks like she's having fun/fun
a day for you both    also xtra infor on Dale Hallow-wonderful they did  everything, many tks for the photo too

Well wanted to make a quick catchup on the day. I'm sure I've missed some things in my haste.
What an exciting day in the avian world in so many nests.

Hope everyone has a good night's rest.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4257 on: April 27, 2023, 12:48:30 AM »

Very eventful day Beakers! 
Mickey leaves .Sunday afternoon!  Hh starts Friday.
A new world for me!

{{{Karen}}} it will be a good one  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4258 on: April 27, 2023, 01:03:56 AM »

Phyl, thanks for morning nests updates.

Clynn, great morning pics.... awesome trail cam capture.... Miss Bella looks like she had the best day!  ;D You must be exhausted! .. thanks for Dale Hollow update.

Tsk, is that your Lilac bush? I miss them.

Lisa, glad to hear Misty is feeling better and your DIL is doing well too... are you able to sleep through the night?

Kb, very happy to read the good news about the Dale Hollow nest! Common sense and AEF prevailed! God bless all who made the rescue successful. I pray both eagles will heal and be able to soar the skies. Especially the youngest.

{{{Hugs and SED Baz and Zippo}}}

Good night!

The Aurora Borealis in Norway
https://twitter.com/i/status/1651457920738168832

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for Mississippi, Nashville, SWFL Eaglets, Eagle's Star, DNR and Trio nest. 🙏

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Dale Hollow Eaglets, SWFL Harriet, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4259 on: April 27, 2023, 06:25:12 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, hopefully you are rested and storing up some energy for your conference! Yesterday I found and read the Dale Hollow rules, it must have been written by a person who had no love for  God's creatures. It had absolutely no exceptions for intervention in the nest. I am so glad AEF prevailed even though the wait was probably too long for the smaller eaglet. At least it's safe and being cared for.

karen, sounds like you and Mickey have things together, dang that vertigo!  Having flowers planted and all the little things you need/want done will keep you busy, and out of trouble...  ;D Just don't take any chances until you have someone right there with you! Yes, only 4 more Wednesdays with just Bella. School is out 5/31 and I will have both of them for the summer (6/1) until school starts August 23rd.

Decorah Eagles - Mark Worcester -  Headed to shore. 4/26/2023

I am confused! I count 6 goslings, was the one that RRP took care of returned to the family yesterday?

SF Bay Ospreys - After a couple of days of Will she? Won't she? Rosie laid her second egg this afternoon. What's unusual is that her egg-laying interval has been very consistent for the past six years, between 69-76 hours, or about three days. This interval was closer to five days, at 117.5 hours. If she lays a third egg, it may come on Saturday. Or not, we do not know.   https://youtu.be/kN9aSJbDx08   Watch live at www.sfbayospreys.org.
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown