Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 494463 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #3375 on: April 03, 2023, 08:00:52 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

E4E - Thanks, and please talk about Star whenever you need to. 

Phyl - This Thursday will be two weeks since vet visit, and he said that day Misty could be due that day, or within two weeks. Thanks for the well wishes for Jeff.  Great Flyway pics this morning.  Aww, the baby BB's!

Lani - Safe travels for Mike in mid-April.  Is he getting around better now, since his injections?

clynn - Your pic made me smile.  :-*  What a nice collage for E8.

tsk - I meant to mention this yesterday, great job at being back to 75%! 

kb - Have a good walk.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3376 on: April 03, 2023, 08:27:37 AM »

Hi EVERYONE

Cloudy day.  45 heading to 57.

BAZI   LOL  cartoon.

LANI   Hope it warms up in Ohio for Mike's trip  LOL

CLYNN  Thought Thomas Demma had a wonderful comment.  Will miss him.

PHYL   YAY  the first BB hatch of the new season  ;D  So fragile.

KB   Love the iguana green

EAGLES  They tested star for a bladder infection right?  (((Star)))  Your friends are here if you need us.
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #3377 on: April 03, 2023, 09:00:41 AM »

Morning everyone!

Weasel - Thank you for the link of the medication.

Baz - Thank you so much.

Clynn - Hopefully when you try out all the things in your car, that all is fine!  Like your morning gif!  Nice pic out at Dunrovin.  Awe, those sweet pics at MN DNR - sad :'( :'(

Phyl - I guess I neglected to mention in the Beak, but I have tried diapers on Star, but they aren't working for her.  I had ordered & received two different sizes (Extra small & Small), but she is not destined to wear them, no matter how tight I tried to tape them,  they would slide off her rear end and she fought it.  :(   Those two sizes should have fit her size 10" waist, but there was no way. ::)
Thank you for the info though.
Great Cam pics - thank you!   Love the baby Bluebird hatchlings - so precious! :-*

Kb - Have a nice walk with Ollie! ;D

LisaG - Thank you so much  :)

Tsk - I am pretty sure they checked for bladder infection, but I will ask for a confirmation on that.  The Vet Dr who saw Star on Sat., sent me a text yesterday asking how Star is (yes, on Sunday!).    I believe they have tested her for nearly everything.

Thank you everyone for your well wishes for Star! :-*  Star & I thank all of you! :)

Beakers have a nice Monday  :)

kbshcb

« Reply #3378 on: April 03, 2023, 09:53:36 AM »

Returned home and am Shocked how many trees are down or have broken branches..they are everywhere just on this app. 1 mile walk...from maples, to pines, to shrubs..I didn't have the heart to look down all the blocks either.

Drove to the bank and there is still some ice at intersections too.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #3379 on: April 03, 2023, 10:49:00 AM »

some bounce
Still coughing but slightly better each day. Yes KB, on the way to the Y I noticed the same re: branches. And... I found we had lost a 6 foot branch from our spruce ... luckily it just missed hitting the dining room windows.
E4E - years ago one of our pups had a back injury which necessitated crate rest for a couple weeks. The medication made her drink water (and pee). We just used old towels in the kennel. When she started feeling better we would put the undies/pads on her as soon as she left the kennel each day. She soon put 2 and 2 together and knew to walk to where we had washed/dried the panties and would beg to put them on, so she could stay out of the kennel. What we used though, years ago when products for dogs were not manufactured, were sanitary napkins and ....my Mom had a couple pair of extremely stretchy panties that looked like they would fit a doll, but actually fit an adult woman. She cut a hole for puppie's tail and voila! LOL
This link gives detailed sizing for XXS and had suspenders to keep them on. Worth a try??? https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lomubue-Pet-Physiological-Pants-Polka-Dot-Striped-Female-Dog-Underwear-Sanitary-Diaper-for-Puppy-Polka-Dot-Rose-Red-S/540899820?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101103648&adid=22222222227540899820_101103648_147076032425_18993667880&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=653097893210&wl4=pla-2008435584852&wl5=9019546&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=497547732&wl11=online&wl12=540899820_101103648&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQjw8qmhBhClARIsANAtbofrlAoBe8-WOIBdJS7TQMh8qfJWiAq7KRyzxalmiS1VF5-XGHQBxvEaAneFEALw_wcB

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #3380 on: April 03, 2023, 10:53:42 AM »

Bearstudy - Tasha - UPDATE April 2, 2023

https://www.bearstudy.org/updates/daily-updates/4737-tasha-update-april-2-2023.html

Good morning Beakers,
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Tig, never knew they had such products for dogs.  Lomubue Pet Physiological Pants are adorable. What a great suggestion.

{{{Eagles and Star}}}

Tsk, I do too! LOL! Two of Mike's Gila Bend employees will be coming with him. He can have help on the flights if needed.

Kb, gorgeous iguana

Phyl, thanks for nests updates and beautiful sunrise pics.... awww sweet Bluebird babies  :-*

Clynn, Mike's back/his ability to walk is as best as it can get. He manages his pain well without having to get another shot.... it's snowing at Dunrovin. I pray Harriet and Swoop have a successful season.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3381 on: April 03, 2023, 10:59:43 AM »

EAGLES  I remember in "cats past"  we didn't realize it at the time as we both worked, but one cat had been peeing all over the house.  We walked in one day and house smelled like urine..      She had a bladder infection!  When she passed which wasn't long after that all carpeting had to be pulled and floors sanded  sigh!

KB   "Comforting" to know you are not the only one who lost vegetation and $$$$

LANI  So glad Mike is traveling to Ohio with buddies!!  That Tasha is one sweet bear.  :)

TIG  Lots of good and creative info  ;) ;)
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #3382 on: April 03, 2023, 02:25:51 PM »

Lani, love the videos of Tasha, especially the one of her playing with her feet! I wish people who think bears are dangerous could see these videos...so sweet. She looks kind of lonely in the last one!

tsk, what is more Spring than daffodils! Mom said here have been blooming and are about done.

Sue Bruhling - This Picture needs no caption...  Thank you! Sasse Photo for sharing your picture with us ❤

Wildlife Vet Care - When the wind split open a tree with this barred owl nest in it, these babies ended up on the ground in the freezing cold. They survived long enough to be rescued and while they were warming up, their nest was replaced with a nest box. We were concerned how long it would be safe to leave these tiny owlets out in the cold while waiting to see if the parents would return, but didn't need to wait too long. This parent returned before dark. Everyone's quick actions resulted in a successful renesting!!!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #3383 on: April 03, 2023, 04:03:34 PM »

Kb juvie iguana does have a nice shade of chartruse

Lisa very pretty Easter eggs ; I see, two weeks from the 6th as a window.  ;)

Tsk lovely daffs; 57F temp, isn't bad at all. 

Eagles Tsk has a noteworthy suggestion re bladder (or UT infection )  ;)

Tig that's an idea! Glad you're doing better daily

Lani hope the weather in OH will be nicer for Mike, glad he'll have some buds w/him; tks for Bear sTudy--ah Tasha  :-* enjoys her feet

Clynn awesome Sasse Photo , tks Sue; Wildlife Vet Care  a wonderful story about owlets and new nesting box. :-*

« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 04:57:07 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #3384 on: April 03, 2023, 04:40:51 PM »

tsk - Pretty daffodils this morning, and I see we had about the same temps today.  :D

((E4E)) - Hope Star had a good day.

kb - Sad about all the tree damage in your area from the snow.

tig - I am glad you are on the mend.  I always think the cough always seems to linger when we are sick.

Lani - Thanks for the bear study update. Glad to hear Mike's employees will be joining him.

clynn - Aww, a the owlets, so adorable!

Phyl - Is that sugar eggs in your pic?  I remember my grandma always having sugar eggs at Easter.  We were allowed to look, but not touch. 

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #3385 on: April 03, 2023, 04:47:46 PM »

CLYNN  I have the buds on my daffodils and they will open once we get a sunny day.  Not to add insult to injury for KB but we had our spring clean-up done on the lawn early this AM.  This includes all leaf removal and edging.  So after lunch I got out my gardening seat, gloves, clippers and refuse bag and cut down my3 roses and broke off about 70 dead stalks on my huge false indigo that sits in the back corner of my yard.  I behaved my self ( no bending or lifting) and got 30 min of gardening done.  Sure felt good and productive.  ;) ;)    How lucky for those little barred owls!!
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #3386 on: April 03, 2023, 04:51:29 PM »

CLYNN  I have the buds on my daffodils and they will open once we get a sunny day.  Not to add insult to injury for KB but we had our spring clean-up done on the lawn early this AM.  This includes all leaf removal and edging.  So after lunch I got out my gardening seat, gloves, clippers and refuse bag and cut down my3 roses and broke off about 70 dead stalks on my huge false indigo that sits in the back corner of my yard.  I behaved my self ( no bending or lifting) and got 30 min of gardening done.  Sure felt good and productive.  ;) ;)    How lucky for those little barred owls!!

LOL....you betcha!.you did ;)....I tried to remove some snow off my lower deck today...not much..a few paths for Ollie is all and my shoulder and hands might never be the same...reminds me of how heavy that snow/ice was on the DNR nest...I could only move it inches.
Even with warmer temps melting snow on the grass, not completely gone of course, but the piles and snow on my deck etc. may be here till June...no spring for us....

Phyl

« Reply #3387 on: April 03, 2023, 04:55:13 PM »

Lisa yes those are the large panarama sugar eggs.

Tsk[/ Kb  you're amazing

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #3388 on: April 03, 2023, 04:55:27 PM »

'Good  Evening and Good Night"  .

Near sundown, on a day in early spring,
A sudden radiance in a shadowed street.
Soft, breathing trees — the airy spheres of foliage
Take on a tender valedictory light.
I look a long time as the dark comes on –
One of those moments when life seems complete.
Even in the dusk I feel the afterglow.
A single bird, a mockingbird, takes flight.
---Robert Mezey

#IstandwithEvan

oldguy

« Reply #3389 on: April 03, 2023, 05:55:15 PM »

Hello Beakers

It has finally been revealed - many national days were invented by bored calendar enthusiasts
 https://nationaldaycalendar.com/category/national-day/

It was somewhat busy weekend at the Garden Center - lots of people getting supplies for yard work.  Also many people getting stuff to make repairs from the Friday storms.  The tarp section emptied and generators were hit hard - we did have more stock of generators in the warehouse that were brought to the floor the next morning.  More tarps were delivered my Sunday morning.  The store is missing a cart corral from the parking lot - was not found.  The city lost the roof on a maintaince building near the corner of Hyw 6 and Hyw 1 just north of the airport.  NWS reports that Johnson Co had 2 tornadoes.  Both EF2 in size - the one in Coralville was from the same storm cell of the EF4 that hit near Martinsburg, Keota and Wellman.
As of Yesterday, there were 11 injured state wide with no deaths.
How not to Chase a Violent Iowa Tornado. March 31, 2023   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVznrYmS6G8

When bacon prices went through the roof, I stopped doing my weekly making of bacon - I used to buy bacon on sale at $2.50/pound - now regular price is $7.50 and on sale at $5 - I still do baked potatoes.

Cards were good Sat. night - won 2 out of 2

some videos...

The Tale of the Cat and the Forbidden Fruit (persimmons)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWKYC2ubQy8

Maru was slapped for passing right behind the lady's(Hana) butt   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ZRLO545pc
Maru was caught in the trap of the push cart   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oMyt__Swv0

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah