Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 493844 times)

T40cfr403

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #1965 on: February 21, 2023, 11:37:19 PM »

2023 Sauk Prairie Bald Eagle Watching Days - https://ferrybluffeaglecouncil.org/events-calendar/bald-eagle-watching-days/

MARCH MAKES FOR GREAT EAGLE VIEWING AT THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER COMMUNITY - https://wecnmagazine.com/article/eagles-thrill-in-ferryville/

Eagle Watching: Driftless Wisconsin - https://driftlesswisconsin.com/lodging-and-dining/driftless-wisconsin-lodging/

Where eagles land: Near winter gathering spots, towns capitalize on the birds' popularity by throwing festivals. - https://midwestweekends.com/plan-a-trip/nature/birds-wildlife/eagle-watching-mississippi-river/

Its time to celebrate eagles in Ferryville  - https://www.swnews4u.com/local/its-time-to-celebrate-eagles-in-ferryville/
Highlight: 12:30–1:15 p.m.  Decorah, Iowa Raptor Research Project ‘What we learned from an Eagle’s Nest’ – John Howe, Amy Ries and team.

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1966 on: February 21, 2023, 11:38:45 PM »

Lori, Thank you for sticky bun recipe and fun posts ... you should email Amy, you have more than 4 posts.

Baz, Adorable pic , yummy mud pie being mad, and as time goes by Lil bro looks like his dad.

Lisa, glad you're going to wear the new outfit. What an exciting week for your family.

Tig, seeing the swans must have been an awesome moment. Were you able to take a pic? 

blschue, what a terrible fire. Glad you all were okay. Our friends who lost their home in a fire here almost two years, are still rebuilding.

Phyl, cute hummers, ready to bust out!

T40, thanks

{{{Hugs and prayers Puff}}}

Good night!
 ;D

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk, Eagle's Kris, Lori and her grandma Clute, Puff, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Pink's mother, Karen, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Tim, Peep's friend's family, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Clynn's friend Kay, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed,  Lori's grandmother, Tim, Tim's son and grandson, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Prayers for SWFL Dad and eaglets, and Harriets return.

Special Prayers For Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Eagle's Kris, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For SWFL Harriet and nest, NEFL Samson and Gabriella, Black Bear Ted, Lucy, Reggae, Taffy Apple, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Dunrovin Harriet, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, Eagles's Star, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  Juliet and Romeo, Lucy and Larry, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2023, 11:40:35 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #1967 on: February 22, 2023, 06:18:11 AM »

Good Morning.
And a blessed Ash Wednesday Everyone!

It’s 67 F and mostly cloudy  . We’ll have a  high of  76 F with scattered showers .  Evening/night  64F and  rain.

Hi Lilbro

Hi Karen, Pink, bbgolden and Nrstooge

Hi {{Tsk}}

KB all stocked up on what's really needed? I hope so. Be safe  y'all

Eagles the Mardi Gras pasta was great. Some left in fridge and will have for Friday dinner . Begining ths Friday24th it is a 'meatless' day until Easter. So it's always fish/seafood for us that day.

Lani wish I could tell who that is...luv the Royal with the luxury cruise ship in the background.

Clynn another fun filled Wednesday with Bella. Any special plans?  :)

Lisa what a wonderful week for both families...

T-40 tks for the 'Bald Eagle Watching' info. Noticed the red alert for John Howe/Amy Ries talk.  That graphic   is pretty cool.

Tig  pretty neat idea of Camper's   ;)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 06:45:33 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #1968 on: February 22, 2023, 06:21:10 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

First Egg for DNF!
https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/02/21/first-egg-for-dnf/

Includes a short video

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #1969 on: February 22, 2023, 06:27:16 AM »

Decorah North Eagles
Feb 22, 2023 6:22 AM
Camera Time: Feb 22, 2023 6:21 AM CST

Mr. North has been  keeping watch ...scanning  beyond the nest and chatting with DNF

Feb 22, 2023 6:33 AM
Camera Time: Feb 22, 2023 6:33 AM CST

Awwww. We know you're in there.  :)

Feb 22, 2023 6:47 AM
Camera Time: Feb 22, 2023 6:46 AM CST

« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 06:51:59 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #1970 on: February 22, 2023, 06:32:45 AM »

Decorah Eagles
Feb 22, 2023 6:28 AM
Camera Time: Feb 22, 2023 6:27 AM CST

Well 'it's' gone now. Good idea too.

Decorah Eagles
Feb 21, 2023 6:51 PM
Camera Time: Feb 21, 2023 6:50 PM CST

But, 12 hours earlier...a tiny pair of 'glowing' eyes in lower left hand corner

Feb 22, 2023 6:48 AM
Camera Time: Feb 22, 2023 6:47 AM CST

HM and HD

« Last Edit: February 22, 2023, 06:50:12 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #1971 on: February 22, 2023, 06:39:12 AM »

Mississippi River Flyway Cam
Feb 22, 2023 6:37 AM
Camera Time: Feb 22, 2023 6:37 AM CST

Blue Cold

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #1972 on: February 22, 2023, 06:42:49 AM »

Great Spirit Bluff Falcons - Cliff View
Feb 22, 2023 6:40 AM
Camera Time: Feb 22, 2023 6:39 AM CST

That moment between the receeding night and dawn

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #1973 on: February 22, 2023, 07:50:15 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

No Bella today, my back is hurting...I don't think I could keep up with her! I think my computer chair is part of the problem, so I just ordered a new ergonomic chair. It will be here on the 28th!

Phyl, that is an interesting picture from the Cliff View, and the next one shows the snow cover.  We are at 14, going to 34 today. A wintry mix of precipitation this morning will transition to rain and freezing rain mixed for the afternoon.  Rain and freezing rain this evening. Then a wintry mix overnight. Low 24 tonight. The edge of the big storm...  A mouse in the Decorah nest? And there's Mom North taking care of her egg with Dad North on watch...  Love your good night pic!

Lani, I wish the archiving of the forums wouldn't subtract from the totals, it's just a little thing but it's not a true post count!  Love the pic of the albatross with the huge cruise ship in the background! They have such a pretty view from the nest!

Lisa, well, the big day is almost here!  I know you are excited!  And we are all excited for you!  Oh, I went to Kohl's yesterday to find a couple of tops for Sydney's birthday (the 28th) and sort of meandered over to the kid's sections. Found the cutest pair of Skechers for Bella. I will keep them here, they will be her 'go to the park' shoes since she often comes with flipflops in the summer... And I did find a top for Sydney!

baz, love the pic of Lil Bro, looks like he was having a dirt snack! Boy, one can really see how red his hair is in this pic!  What a cutie!

Sue Bruhling - We are Survivors! And Our Mommy, Queen Harriet would be so Proud and Our Daddy Mighty M is Mighty Proud too<3
Southwest Florida Eagles - February 19, 2023  Thank You Desiree Deliz's Photography for sharing your Picture with us! ❤  E21 to the Left  E22 to the Right

Minnesota Nongame Wildlife Program - A special delivery happened on the EagleCam on Saturday just before noon. A second egg!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1974 on: February 22, 2023, 08:15:47 AM »

HI EVERYONE

35 all day today with a mix of rain and snow

TIG  I need a visual on Campers feeder.  Any chance of a pic?   I'm confused by the perch.

T40  Thanks for all the links for live eagle watching. 

PHYL  That's one deep bole at the north nest.  :o

CLYNN   Ouch.  Hope the chair helps.  Have to be in tip top shape to keep up with Bella  ;)   You are the best shopper  LOL  Thanks for Sue's post.  Getting closer to those two making it.   Same here with the Kardashians  LOL
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #1975 on: February 22, 2023, 08:45:41 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tig - Glad you are made it home safe.  Very cool about the mil crate cardinal feeder!

Phyl - How did your Mardi Gras pasta come out?  Adorable pics of the hummers.   Great pics from the RRP cams, and thanks for the blog post.

tsk - I am glad I am too.  I hate buying clothes, and I will feel like I am wasting money if I don't wear it.

kb - Has the snow started this morning?

E4E - You are so nice.  :)

T40 - Thanks for the bird watching days info.

Lani
- I would love to cruise by the Royal island!  We are all very excited for tomorrow.

clynn - Yes, I am excited for tomorrow.  I got my outfit at Kohl's and also got me some Kohl's cash on that purchase, so I am going to go back and use it in the baby section. Thanks for the nests updates.
I hope you rest, and your back feels better soon!!

HM has spent the last hour in the nest.  Is today the day for her in this yucky weather?

kbshcb

« Reply #1976 on: February 22, 2023, 08:53:20 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1627986344604495874

the video above puts the truly ginormous size of humpback whales....into perspective.

Well, Trevor already came and went ...4-5 inches yesterday and night, but so much blowing hard to say for sure..but close.

While we have a current lull before phase 2 and then phase 3 come in today and tomorrow I'm going to try to tackle some of the back decks and the roof over front steps...

Trevor did a great job and will be back tomorrow much later in the day...and, much more snow to tackle but will give me a heads up so maybe I can take the snow off the roof to be blown when he comes into garden/yard.

My bulk order of paper towels has been delayed!...was supposed to come yesterday, but now who knows.

Ollie's nose prints will have to stay on the front bay window for now.....

Later, out to work...before the next round comes in

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #1977 on: February 22, 2023, 08:53:43 AM »

Morning everyone!

T40 - Great links for Eagle watching  ;D

Hi Lani  :)

Phyl - Ash Wednesday - nice picture.  Our early morning news channel is showing the folks at Mardi Gra enjoying 'Fat Tuesday' yesterday!  Thanks for Amy's blog and vid of DNF's first egg of the season! ;D  Thank you for all wonderful nest pics. :)

Clynn - Sorry for your Back pain - better take care {{Clynn}}  Hope your new chair does the trick when it arrives next week!  Glad you had a good shopping trip to Kohl's  :)   I bet Sydney will love her top!   Great pic at SWFL - the kids are growing up so fast.

Tsk - Your weather sounds like a good day to stay in.  We had high gusty winds yesterday and the wind warning is in effect until 9 am this morning.

LisaG - This is the day before the Big day tomorrow!!! ;D ;D  I can feel your excitement way over here!! :-* ;D

Beakers stay safe and have a nice day.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #1978 on: February 22, 2023, 10:22:37 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Eagles, we've been having gusty winds, rain, sleet and now snow since midnight! Take care.

{{{gentle hugs Tsk}}} take care

Kb, awesome humpback breaching, but so close to the boat! Take care.

Lisa, I would love to do a cruise through  love your Decorah thread pics too... Looking forward to wedding photos if possible.  :) :-*

Phyl, thanks for morning photo updates

{{{gentle hugs Clynn}}} I hope your new chair will do the trick, take care. {{{SWFL Dad and Eaglets}}} .... same with Kardashians.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #1979 on: February 22, 2023, 10:39:58 AM »

LISA   Wouldn't it be funny if HM laid the egg tomorrow on the wedding day  LOL  What's Jeff wearing?

KB  Boy, I had to watch that a couple times - HUGE whale species.

For not only KB but this is the single best item I have ever bought.  With this cloth all you need is water - wring cloth out very dry and wipe
I use this for my inside car windows, inside house windows, mirrors - It is magic!  Use over and over and wash and reuse.  saves a ton on paper towels.

https://www.amazon.com/Microfiber-Surface-Friendly-Environmentally-Appliances/dp/B076CYV9SL/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=3HECSC4L8MIOD&keywords=streak+free+glass+cleaner&qid=1677083531&sprefix=streak%2Caps%2C103&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFMWDA0NTk0VkdVM0smZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA4Mzc4MTcxVzgxWk1KUUdDRUk5JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxNzUwNzIxRVVPU1kxWU9QS1BKJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

EAGLES   Will go out for my ashes in an hour then a stop at SIL Barb's to pull in her mail.
Chicagoland