Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 640169 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #26505 on: March 25, 2023, 04:54:15 PM »

Door/Bush ... 18:07   63°  (2:32 pm)  Sunny, and somewhat breezy.  It's a good day so far.

I hope that all is well with everyone.

Hi Cal    I wish I could have a wee bit of your rain, but not so much that we stop being a desert. The conditions that come with Spring are trouble for you, and I wonder, when does that change into more summer conditions - what month does it change?  I remember when I was a child in Massachusetts, I really didn't like the mud that came with Spring.  I'd have to wear boots and the mud would try to suck my boots off.  Very difficult walking. 

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #26506 on: March 26, 2023, 05:45:02 AM »

Big Night - UPDATE March 25, 2023

Bobcat
It was a big night for the animals and for the team collecting videos, putting food out twice, and clicking the camera while I was home oblivious through the night. When I arrived in the morning and saw that all the food was gone, I knew there were stories I’d hear. It turned out to be excitement that we finally got good pictures.Gray fox
Gray fox

Before midnight, the gray fox ate the first batch of pork, chicken, bologna (pictured), and blueberry mini-muffins.

Bobcat face
Bobcat
At midnight, "Eyes" put out another batch in case Bob Cat came, which he did at 12:16 AM, climbing a tree to the second floor deck. The full body picture of him by a tree is just after he climbed the tree and spotted "Eyes" aiming the camera and gave this intense look. The other picture is of him approaching the bonanza from which he took only a few pieces before leaving at 12:30. He returned briefly at 2:17 AM using the steps instead of the tree.

At 3 AM, the video camera captured the red fox blithely running up the steps to the second floor deck bonanza then running down twice as fast. On the ground, he paused looking back up the steps at Bob Cat starting down the steps after him. The screen shot from the video shows the fox as a dark blob just entering the lighted area on the left side of the picture by the corner of the garage as he fled up the driveway.

Bobcat chasing fox
Bobcat chasing fox

After that, the guard changed again. Bob Cat left. The gray fox came back for still more at 3:20 AM and made ten trips up the steps by 4:01 AM.

Thank you team. Thank you everyone who has signed up for the Black Bear Field Courses that I’m so looking forward to. Only one spot is still open in the July 3-6 course.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #26507 on: March 26, 2023, 06:02:05 AM »

hi you guys its 38 here rainy 38 in iceland 55 in kyiv and 51 in the barn what an update eyes got such pictures of Bob and that fox and bob be nice to the fox. joho doc talking about your future bear course trip. i so wish debbie was going with you.

hi neva i cant even wear my boots that one foot i had surgery on just is messed up. i mean it is straight now but like i dont know just messed up and yes i have such a hard time with walking so mud is really hard on me. barn floor keeps getting water seeping in thru all them pellets indy goes over there and his weight brings up water he poops over on that side. he hates mud too. yesterday the sun came out and it got up to like 64 i think so i open the barn door and let indy out corral in the middle mud water a mess. he did not want to go out so i told him okay last chance i was at the door he was standing there looking out maybe ran out of the barn and went half way out and he saw her and charged her! ran out of the door but was careful to get himself over the side and i yelled maybe she saw him coming and took off he was right close to her. but she got away. i swear. so then my pretty little mule who does not like to walk in mud rolled in it. he is a mess will take awhile to get him all comb out. its a process. his head mane neck look good again. i had to put down more pellets and this and that i was really tired and getting my breath but heading in i knew i had to feed everyone clean litter boxes again i went out the barn door and flying up my driveway was none other than tv scout he flew low over me and i saw his scars on head like a tattoo hi ya scout. this morning maybe went to the barn with me i came out she came back out i saw a little possum eating by the door i threw out bird seed when i came out. she then chased it i was yelling at her she did not come back in i said fine stay out in the rain for awhile so she is still out there i will get her in a minute. i wish someone would take this rain but ms california places got it worse two people did die in mo due to flash flood jim said the crooked river was out shut down a highway by us. you dont want your desert gone i get that. when i think of the desert i think of the movie Dune

well i got to go feed everyone

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/82055D5442B8?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #26508 on: March 26, 2023, 10:43:35 AM »

7:12 Oh Well.
Loved the update!
I like to travel alone.  Always have. I can stop when I want , and take detours if I want.  Which I often do.
 I am looking forward to meeting Judy Thon.  We have talked on the phone.  She knows I am a long time friend of the bears and some of the moderators like Reb and Marge, and chatters like Iowa , sk8, and Happy cub.
Deb and I will take some short trips too.  She is flexible on short trips, but likes a lot of planning on over nights.  She has a very good friend, Patty, who loves to plan in detail what will be and when.  She is very good at it.  They will fly this summer to the East coast.
Looks very bright and nice out the window.  I guess I will try for a walk.  It is not real warm though.  Only 48 at 11:42.  Need a coat and hat, but no gloves.
Bye for now EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calihoula

« Reply #26509 on: March 26, 2023, 02:06:51 PM »

hi joho you know i like going on my own too. course now its walmart harps etc but i like to go by myself years back drove to see,my old school friend teri i just got my car back then so 2015 nice drive but went farther getting wiggie and my mom went with me that was so good i loved trips when i was younger with boobie. went to vegas with my grandmother see mom and them that was so fun with her. guess its who you are going with. i like them bear people too! you will have fun and they will have fun with you.
 :)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #26510 on: March 26, 2023, 04:07:10 PM »

Bridge ... 33:34     60°  (1:00 pm)    Bright and sunny - and windy.  Good day for an Air Show.

I hope that all is well for all of you. 

Hi Cal ....  You are one of the busiest people that I know of, and there are no days off.  Your furry and feathered kids sure are lucky that you love them.  I know that it is all worthwhile.

Our desert is the Sonoran Desert, which is partly in Mexico, as well as Southern Arizona.  It is nothing like Dune, or I'd leave.

Hi Joho    I know what you mean, doing a trip the way you want to do it, rather than in the way that you have to do it in order to accommodate someone else's preferences.  I loved traveling with Larry, 'cause we basically found it easy to work out a plan that made us both happy.

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #26511 on: March 26, 2023, 10:34:11 PM »

I came in to shut things down for the night and found your two chats.  Thanks.  Wow! Neva has really brightened my room with that scene.  No wonder she loves it there.
GN EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #26512 on: March 27, 2023, 05:48:49 AM »

Lucky Fox - UPDATE March 26, 2023

Gray Fox
The gray fox with the black line down the top of his tail had the food all to himself last night—two big batches of three meats, preferring the bologna over the chicken and pork. He ate the first batch in just under an hour from 10:59 to 11:58 PM and the second batch from 2:47 to 4:05 AM In between, he stopped by the big white bag of raw peanuts for several minutes to have his picture taken a minute after midnight looking at the camera with eyes and fur that make you want to pet him. I suspect in between he curled up full and happy for awhile before coming back for seconds. No competition. No red fox. No Bob Cat.

Pine siskin
Pine siskin
Crow
Crow
On this blue sky day of bright white snow, a drab pine siskin posed where the blue sky would add color, and a crow posed where it would be black on white.

At this minute, 7:50 PM, the bonanza has been served to see what "Eyes of the Night" can catch on camera over this night.

Thank you Team, and Thank you All for all you do.
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #26513 on: March 27, 2023, 06:07:14 AM »

hi you guys its 29 here clear i think no rain today but tonight and more for the week.  i love the update what pictures that little fox got to eat its fill but i am sure if someone is there eating and it gets low more is thrown out. they know a good place to go. 38 in iceland 55 in kyiv and 51 in the barn

hi neva! oh neva your desert is so beautiful just beautiful like joho said no wonder you love it there! after reading all the dunes book and seeing the movie the old one and new one many times now i think of dunes in the desert. you know it was beautiful too but yours is more beautiful. i am trying to remember what it looked like when i went to vegas to see my mom and my dads family my moms looked like home more she grew grass spent many hours after work watering it. it probably wont be done with all the rain till end of may early june here. then be really hot and humid everyone be out putting up hay. is this picture after a rain? luke combs sings a song i hear in the barn and i think of you and az
Like a runaway Southbound train
Like an Arizona desert rain
Like lightning in the sky
Like fireworks in July
Like a left field homerun ball
Like a whiskey shot at last call
It's like she was made for moving on
That girl is going, going, gone

hi joho! yes just like neva said some people you can travel with and have fun my mom etc and it is nice to go alone listen to what you want on the radio etc. are you driving to ely how long will that take? i saw elvis donkey cam he was outside eating hay i knew it was him cause i could see his black hump.  :)

GB ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/80055D5B37C8?z=0

calhound

« Reply #26514 on: March 27, 2023, 09:02:22 AM »

johoward

« Reply #26515 on: March 27, 2023, 09:36:37 AM »

5:12 Lorikeet
44 degrees and steady slow rain for today.  Will be staying in.
Don't know of any errands right now.   Got plenty milk and bread.  Cereal is only thing on list, and it is not really all gone.  Still have about 4 days worth left.  Also out of cheese for sandwiches, but It can wait.
Oh, yes. You are right.  I forgot I still have to go around the block to get my mail. Oh well.  I have three umbrellas, and it is not windy.
Well, I will wish you all a happy Monday and CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

johoward

« Reply #26516 on: March 27, 2023, 05:04:58 PM »

The PA cubs are really acting up.

calihoula

« Reply #26517 on: March 27, 2023, 06:36:51 PM »

hi joho i just got done eating pizza with the dogs ready to lay down i let indy out at noon jim had a late meeting so i looked out the window at three indy down there looked at 3:15 indy at the barn door! treat time is at three boy loves his treats comb out i tried to hurry got inside barn heard indy got door open he was heading back out nolkers cow out by shared fence i said indy he took off full speed back in his pasture bucking running he ran up to cow fence but they did not come to the fence indy come on he ran hard again back to cow fence nope no cow he came back on other side of corral gate i used my hand said go around go around he went around came to the door i had a cookie he came right in.  :) but im running late and im really tired. thanks for pa bear update  :)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calhound

« Reply #26518 on: March 28, 2023, 05:22:53 AM »

hi you guys its well i cant see cat is in the way but it is raining. furnace messed up penny loudly barking waking me up over and over as jim went downstairs i had a really hard time going back to sleep its 38 in iceland 52 raining in kyiv and 51 in the barn. i got to pick up groceries at walmart stop by harps first need to get moving saw on the world another school shooting now nashville tn killed 3 kids and 3 adults said police got there fast and shot and killed the shooter a woman i thought a woman it was a transgender woman ron desantis instead of you so worried about books kids read why not do something about guns those are killing kids not books.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/22055D5C3F7B?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

johoward

« Reply #26519 on: March 28, 2023, 09:29:09 AM »

4:59 WOW! One second lower than average. Good mousy.
bright but cool 37 only at 10:17.
Another deadly school shooting.  Heard outrageous story about the shooter this morning.  I won't even repeat it, but you can let me know if you hear and believe it later.
No plans again.  Did have a nice visit with a neighbor yesterday.  I was embarrassed how dusty my tables all are.  Need a house keeper.  Debbie is trying to coach me on the proper use of a Swifter, but it is not sinking in. LOL Mary sent me an ad for some male relatives that are starting a cleaning service, but I am certainly not going hire some guys to do what I don't want to do.  Mt experience with house keepers is most want more to talk and watch TV than clean.  I had one champion cleaner help me sell my house.  She was great!  She says now she has ben promoted to full time on her job and cannot help me out.  After her no-one else will measure up I am afraid.  So I will just have to bite the bullet and learn Swiftering. SOON!
MN Eagles have a chick.  Male has brought four things to eat already.  MN sends me update emails now and then.
Well I will say cul ev1 and GBU and GB Ukraine