Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 453298 times)

LisaG1967

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #2880 on: March 19, 2023, 07:03:59 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....Happy Sunday!

Lani - Sounds like you had a nice day in Pine.  It was nice to spend lunch with Bradley, too.  I had some baby clothes to give him that I have bought here lately.

clynn - Everything at Bubba's that we got was good.  Jeff got an American Apple Pie Mule cocktail.  OMG, it really smelled and tasted like Apple pie!  Awww, Cat Stevens with his Cat!

tsk - Jeff had the Mushroom and Swiss burger, and said it was delish.  We were held up at the bridge for 30 minutes, till the cranes went under, then once they let us go, it was still slow going across.  Everyone was looking at the cranes, and taking pics. 

Phyl - We didn't do dinner last night, just lunch for my birthday.  I was still too full to even think about eating anything for supper.  Bradley is getting excited.  :D  Beautiful sunrise pic from Flyway, and great pics from the cams.

Just wanted to say THANK YOU again for the birthday wishes!!!

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #2881 on: March 19, 2023, 07:20:42 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Just got home from taking Ed to the airport. He has a two day meeting in Charlotte, NC, we will pick him up at the airport Wednesday. So now I have to get busy, I don't get many days with him safely away... Make some room Goodwill!

Phyl, it's still pitch dark here, but the sun is rising on the Flyway! 12 degrees here, high 45 today and sunny! I see a tiny bit of Aryana's egg too, it's such a deep nest! #7 gets rolled, yay!

Lani, take a look at this recipe for Lemon Blueberry Soda Bread Muffins, they look delish!  https://www.norinesnest.com/blueberry-lemon-soda-bread-muffins/

Lisa, love the good morning treat! Apple Pie Mule sounds good, lots of yummy items on that menu! I will tell you, it doesn't end after they are not babies...I have clothes for Bella quite often! For Talon too, don't want him to feel left out. But buying boys clothes just isn't the same fun!

Sue Bruhling - I for one is happy that R23-3 has moved on. I didn't appreciate her treatment to E21 & E22. Now it looks like Mighty M might have a Eagle Crush on the latest Female that some of us questioned, "Is this Harriet?" 😉 she is big and Beautiful ❤ Time will tell... ❤  Southwest Florida Eagles- march 18, 2023

Geese migration at Clear Lake Iowa

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2882 on: March 19, 2023, 07:29:10 AM »

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING EVERYONE

19 degrees  feels like 7   Heading to 41 and sunny

CLYNN  A "given" that the man would adopt that kitty  LOL  Or did the kitty adopt him?   LOL  " Make room Goodwill"  Safe trip for Ed.  Does he like to travel?   Saw that the recipe involves " cutting butter into flour" - I hate doing that LOLOL  Thanks for the update on the SWFL nest.  Always sad when one of the regulars is no longer there and we've seen that a lot.  :(

LANI   Saw that KU lost - so did Northwestern!  My alma mater Marquette plays today.  Aly got to see the real Ireland staying with a friend's family.  Sounds like a good day in Pine.  :)

PHYL  I'm also amazed at the size of hummer eggs  :o

LISA   Boy, look at those Krispy Kremes  :o
Chicagoland

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2883 on: March 19, 2023, 09:07:28 AM »

I've been forgetting to ask...For those of you who have done DNA on your pets, who do you use?  We have to find out why this cat retrieves like a dog for hours at a time..LOLOL
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #2884 on: March 19, 2023, 09:24:48 AM »

I've been forgetting to ask...For those of you who have done DNA on your pets, who do you use?  We have to find out why this cat retrieves like a dog for hours at a time..LOLOL

I used Royal Canin (also a pet food company) and of course the sample taken from our vet office. Easy Peasy.

kbshcb

« Reply #2885 on: March 19, 2023, 09:34:12 AM »

I love this picture....I see multiple pictures daily of eagles posted from Minnesota but I particularly love this one.
Near Red Wing MN flying down the Mighty Mississippi.

Morning every one.
Again though a titch warmer next week...still not a day at average out till the end of the month.

Hello Spring, make your presence known here please ;)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2886 on: March 19, 2023, 10:49:33 AM »

LOLOL!!  ;D ;D ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #2887 on: March 19, 2023, 11:26:50 AM »

Happy Sunday Beakers!
Morning Blschue, Lilbro, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, Karen, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, and All!

Phyl, beautiful sunrise... sweet little hummer egg.

Lisa, I bet Bradley love the baby clothes. Exciting time for everyone. ;D .. omg! The Krispy Kremes  :-*

Clynn, My two favorite ingredients, lemon and blueberries! It looks delicious! Enjoy your time down in Ed's dungeon! LOL! M15/intruder has been spending the last few nights away from the nest in another tree within sight of the eaglets. I bet it's to draw the owls away from the nest and towards him. Because they hit him a couple nights ago. But, the eaglets are sleeping by themselves in the tree now. Dad is feeding them well, and both eaglets learning how to de-feather, mantle and feed themselves well.... great migration pics. Lots of birds migrating over our homes.

Tsk, We'll cheer for Marquette! I've got them going to the Elite 8 and then losing to Duke. Now, Duke lost so go Marquette!!! (Baz I bet you're thrilled! LOL!! ) My hiking buddy went to Indiana, so we'll cheer for them.

Have a great Sunday Beakers!

Coco and Geo  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2888 on: March 19, 2023, 12:02:11 PM »

Tsk I used 'Basepaws' for Mike. As he too loved to play fetch.
Mike was Maine Coon. His breed is on the list for those that like tto play 'Fetch" and act
like dogs.
He was a kitten when he started on his own to play the game with me.

The best DNA companies for cat breeds
https://www.dnaweekly.com/blog/best-cat-breed-dna-test/#:~:text=Here%20are%20the%20best%20cat%20breed%20DNA%20tests,tailored%20trait%20reports%20and%20health%20screening.%20More%20items

Cat breeds that act like dogs
https://www.hepper.com/cat-breeds-that-act-like-dogs/

Cat breeds that like to play 'Fetch'
kittydevotees.com/2022/04/20/cat-breeds-that-play-fetch/#:~:text=Cat%20Breeds%20That%20Play%20Fetch%201%201.%20Abyssinian,6.%20Sphynx%20...%207%207.%20Turkish%20Angora%20
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 12:08:23 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2889 on: March 19, 2023, 12:13:31 PM »

KB  Thanks (Royal Canin)   I like the eagle shot as well.

LANI   Speaking of migration, Barb who is still in Florida was at some park the other day with lots of bird watchers. They counted 90+ cedar waxwings in one tree.  Guess they are getting ready to head north.  How cute little Coco and Geo hitching a free ride  :D

PHYL   Thanks for those great links.  I go over it with Tim.  I think she might have some Abyssinian or Siamese or Burmese in her.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 12:15:37 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #2890 on: March 19, 2023, 12:41:29 PM »

Lisa the KK looks soooo yummie. Those hummer eggs look like Tic Taks.

Clynn thanks for blueberry lemon soda bread  muffin recipe; we're gonna have a couple days of 80F for a high. Then dip back down. LOL 'Goodwill." St Christopher be with Ed on his trip. SWFL--So glad R23 has moved on. Hope this 'other' female is truely Harriet.   Geese migration at Clear Lake Iowa  :o

Kb Spring will arrive.  Like the  snap of BE flying down the Mighty Mississippi near  Red Wing MN. Been down the Mighty Miss and  inside the arches in St Louis

Lani bacon looks way too tempting;  If I were a sloth fan ---the masked sloths  that look like racoons are the cutiest.  Getting close to puffin season.  :)

Tsk  Maggie was  never much of a game loving kitty---that is initiate play. But if I do esp with 'Da Bird' , she goes nutz.
At least this will give you a clue to her ancestry until you can goe the further step ---testing. Good luck. I'd be so interesed in the results.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #2891 on: March 19, 2023, 03:30:44 PM »

Happy Sunday Beakers!

Lani - Easy to see how your birthday post for LisaG got folk in here singing & dancing! ;D

T40 - Great caturday links!!  I watched all!! ;D

Kb - Glad that Ollie cooperated yesterday in getting his coat on for a walk. :)  Fantastic pic of Eagle flying over the Mississippi  :)

Baz - Loved how you had a fun time in celebrating St. Pat's day - you really know how to have a good time! lol! ;D

LisaG - What a wonderful birthday for you - sounds like the perfect way to celebrate; going out with your hubby and son for a delicious lunch at a good restaurant!!  ;D :)

Phyl - Liked your night pic!  Love all the cam pics!  I always love seeing anything about those sweet little hummers - such tiny eggs! ;D  Great info & links for Tsk!

Clynn - I had to laugh where you say that you got a lot of lyrics wrong in the old days, because we too, have done the same over here! ;D   Loved the pic of the fellow filling out paperwork for the kitty, and of Cat Stevens!  Safe travels for Ed and I know where to find you in the next couple of days! Lol  ;D   Thanks for posting Sue Bruhling and I too am happy that R23-3 has moved on.   Wow, geese migration!! :o :)

Lani - Happy that you guys had a fun trip going to Pine - how funny that dogs were dressed for the occasion too! ;D   Cute pic of Coco & Geo - really shows how little they are!

Tsk - Hope you are taking it a little easier today, since you made dinner yesterday - enjoy some leftovers! :)

Hope all are having a nice Sunday  :)

Here is a pic of a cute little guy we took while in Kaua'i

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #2892 on: March 19, 2023, 04:55:22 PM »

EAGLES  Nice lizard   - chameleon ??  ;D

LANI   MU starting in a hole - I'm switching back to golf  LOL
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #2893 on: March 19, 2023, 05:33:17 PM »

Clynn - Pinned that recipe, yum!

Tsk - I would have loved to have one of those KK’s this morning. 

Kb - Love the pic of the eagles.

Lani - Mmm, that bacon! Yummy!  Awww, Coco and Geo, so cute.

Phyl - Hummer eggs looking like Tic Tacs…lol. They sure are small.

E4E - How is your Mom and Star?

Have a good night, everyone!

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #2894 on: March 19, 2023, 05:40:44 PM »

Corned beef dinner done and Tim and Uncle should soon fall asleep in front of TV  LOL  Enough left for a take away for Uncle Jim and a couple sandwiches/meal for us tomorrow.
BAZI  If I lived next door I could have brought you a take away ;D

((TSK)), oh thanks for that offer... And I could've given you some of my lemon blueberry Irish soda bread. But I don't think that would be an even trade, LOL - it would've been a major win for me!  ;) :D  I had wondered how long it would be before PT after that kind of surgery. I can't believe you did all that meal prep and entertaining/serving!  I know it was so yummy!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center