Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 640574 times)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #23070 on: March 01, 2021, 06:17:46 AM »

hi jewelies its 21 here wind chill is like 16 i need to go to walmart already gave pearl her meds and stuff 2 raccoonis i had cinnamon buns for them they were very excited too. took them from my hand and went into the hay cubby to eat them. got to go oh griz no update

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/BC17046FE6C?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23071 on: March 01, 2021, 07:54:12 AM »

6:16  New pair of eagles at Decorah cam.  Just beautiful.  FYI
Coffee cul GB

calhound

« Reply #23072 on: March 01, 2021, 11:36:30 AM »

hi joho i saw this from rrp

Who was at N2B this morning? It didn't look like Mom or DM2 to us, but we asked Dave Kester to go out and take a look at N2B and N3. He verified that Mom and DM2 were still incubating at N3 and that another pair of eagles appeared to be hanging out around the hatchery. This is a fascinating if not entirely unexpected development and we're looking forward to seeing what happens next!
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #23073 on: March 01, 2021, 02:44:55 PM »

Now Decorah has three pairs making babies.  Sure hope they don't get to feuding over territory.

calihoula

« Reply #23074 on: March 01, 2021, 05:39:47 PM »

hi jewelies! jim came in from his shop said he ripped our health dept lots of towns in mo been having vaccine shots he was mad cause i have been on the list so she said they only got a 100 vaccines and she went down the list but said carrollton having covid vaccine this sat gave jim the number told him you will get a recording saying they do not have any covid vaccines but hang on then you will get ringing and someone will answer take your info for the shot. so i called sure enough recording no vaccines then it rang again like a james bond movie here a lady answer i said im calling about the vaccines she was really nice took my info then put me on hold for the nurse so nurse comes on she is nice too my age gender birthdate address phone number my appt for this sat at 9:45 am! i asked how to get there i see the sign for it when i go to walmart she said take it straight shot that town is where pearls radio station is the farm so she says go across rr tracks natl guard be there and will direct us its a drive thru! yay she said wear short sleeve shirt have to stay 15 min after the shot. take us about 45 min to get there but say an hour extra time. jim says what vaccine is it i said i dunno dr fauci says whatever you can get get it im not going to say oh i dont want that one im getting it!  :)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

johoward

« Reply #23075 on: March 01, 2021, 07:17:10 PM »

That is good to hear Cal. Saturday will be the day you start to feel safer.  Not good to have to try so hard though.  Jim got good advice to just stay on line ignore no vaccine message.  Unbelievable.

Just made some nice chili.  You would not like it due to beef, but someday I will make some with Beyond Meat and let you know how it tastes.  I tried the Impossible Whopper at BK and liked it just fine.  I think Beyond and Impossible veggie beef are close to the same.

Did you check puzzle board?

GOOD NIGHT and GOD BLESS

calhound

calhound

« Reply #23077 on: March 02, 2021, 06:20:02 AM »

hi jewelies it is 26 here suppose to get up to 60 today i hope so boo boo goes for his chemo this afternoon. 2 raccoonies in the barn jim dumped the dry food they came right out to eat it he dumped pearls big tub of hay i had fixed racoonies ran to me hands out gimme gimme lets see oh i got this big cinnamon bun tear it in half handed in the little hands. jim left i finished barn chores. wow spankys cam so much better so good dr rogers trying to keep him safe. bear need that all animals need that. i looked out my bathroom window at 3 am and saw my little bunny on the sidewalk by the side door eating and getting a drink. heard the coyotes so loud i had to turn up the tv so my dogs would not howl back. little bunny stays close to the house and under smokey.

hi joho! my sister ate one of those impossible burgers and said it was really good. sure wish alot of people would eat that instead. never heard of beyond meat but that is good too. hope you enjoyed your chili. i have tried a veggie burger before it was good.  yes good that woman told jim to stay on the line in fact two times i got that recording have no vaccine but stayed on. that nurse also said be some porta pottys set up and bring snacks if you have a medical condition need to eat i am thinking how long am i going to be there. really i hope not all day so cant drink anything that morning cant drink anything today after 10 am long ways out to boo boo chemo they make you feel like its a crime to use their bathroom well not the doctors just some of workers there. all the money we spend and caring for our dog so much hay i need to use the bathroom hay jim needs too. one time worker told jim use the quick trip down the road jim said i am pulling a horse trailer i found the dr told him he said go use the bathroom.  i did go to the puzzle thread thanks that picture of jp and judi and them was so good!! judi you are so pretty! jp was pretty too. baseball season coming up and not the same to me anymore without him. JP hated the circle cut on puzzles believe me i know!  :) well howling dogs in the kitchen. sounds like coyottees in the kitchen. now just one steady bark guess who that is bark bark bark

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/92170591020?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23078 on: March 02, 2021, 08:24:18 AM »

6:35 Griz is my guess. I have heard so many different stories about shot clinics.  I hope for the best for you and Jim.  You deserve it after going through so much just to get appointment.  You both should have been in the first group IMO.  For several reasons.  All your pets is one. LOL
Chili came out good fyi.  Seems like a long ride for Boo and you. But sure wish you good luck today.  JP is missed still by many many people.  Even his negative comments about circle cut puzzles was something I enjoyed.  It is very nice to know his Judi is enjoying the love her father recieved from chatters all over the world.  She will learn more each day on different boards, and I hope come to enjoy the bears and falcons and eagles and buzzards and other animals as much as her dad did.
GTG GB

calihoula

« Reply #23079 on: March 02, 2021, 05:57:07 PM »

hi joho yes it was griz! we got back little while ago it went good dr ryder very nice gave boo his sedative checked his blood good to go girl put in boos chemo iv  dr ryder got down on the floor with boo i sat in that little chair jim on the floor and dr ryder stayed on the floor and gave boo his chemo it went fast dr ryder and jim put him on the gurney took him out to the horse trailer i started out of the room this girl saw me goes oh drama is here where is he other lady with me said he just went out the door she ran out the door to see him he was sound asleep everyone so nice i was paying they were saying how cute that horse trailer is how cute drama looks when we open top doors he sticks his head out i said well pearl says he can have that trailer! i stay in my nice barn with this unruly goat! so we got home boo trying to wake up shaking i came in fed everyone jim has to take out a furnace he got boo in got him on the couch i am on the other couch with him. boo went back to sleep so watching the news with boo dolly parton got her covid vaccine she is 75 looks good i looked online now shows our vaccine day sat our vaccine is the pfizer one everyone at boos vet place already got it dr ryder called it the ouchie fauchi   :)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #23080 on: March 02, 2021, 06:09:43 PM »

oh no someone in the kitchen is barking and barking wait bark bark boo sleeping off his sedative

calhound

« Reply #23081 on: March 03, 2021, 06:50:31 AM »

hi jewelies it is 35 here 3 raccoonies in the barn i went to bed at 9:00 pm jim got home griz was happy to go to bed with me. boo boo got up got a drink got back on the couch he went out to pee at 2 am i took him out an hour ago and he went to the end of the yard an pooped it looked good too. i picked up and he came in back on the couch i got to go to town get gas and bank stuff.  one of missy little dog scarlett her youngest daughter who is 16 dog ran away last night so they are upset trying to find her lindsay been out school for along time she does not watch that dog very well at all fence in the back little area should pick her up and put her there but other dogs in there and they are not good at all about picking up dog poop.  >:( so i hope they find her and learn a lesson from this.  happy lada gaga got her dogs back and her friend will be okay stealing dogs shooting him  >:( sounds like i got a pack of coyotees in the kitchen

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/0D16DF2DF89?z=0

johoward

« Reply #23082 on: March 03, 2021, 08:39:36 AM »

Hi EV1,
9:12  Sounds like vet guys really love Boo.  So glad to read a good report on his visit.  Good to have nicer weather too.  Lots less stress.
 Very nice here this morning too.  About 45 degrees already.  Looks like a nice week ahead too.
Bears will be coming out soon to look around.  Eagles are brooding here and there. Peregrines will soon be laying eggs.  Deer are herding up everywhere.  I saw at least 10 in a little half acre grass lot last evening.  The deer pantry in Maine has hundreds of deer coming to eat every day.  Spring is in the air, and I feel very happy to let Winter go.
 Especially this one.  With all the negative things for society and personally me this is the worst Winter ever.
  Jewlies, old and new, are the one reliable bright spot for me.  Thanks!
 BTW had some good chili last night.
Bye now.  Happy Wednesday. GB

calihoula

« Reply #23083 on: March 03, 2021, 04:33:05 PM »

hi joho! very nice weather here today saw flies  :( hurry up dogs get in the house flies! been seeing hearing coyotees i heard on the radio mating season now for them warning people dont let your dog out alone said esp little dogs little dogs think they are big tuff dogs mouthy and coyotees feel they are intruding on their area  :( why anyone would let out dogs to run but tim does but he has two big dogs sanders behind us two small beagles that come clear down here and by the barn my rabbits are around here jim runs them off i swear some people. i got a screaming red tail hawk not a sharpie i run off the sharpie tries to murder my little birds i feed not here. this was a bad winter but for me some good things happened too got our boo boo. not ready for hot summer snakes in the barn have to catch get some snake away ticks tornados mowing pennys skin allergies shots do not work nightmare getting her to take predisone then pee pot penny is worse about peeing drag brownie to vet for her allergy shots work on her other dogs dont have the allergies. its 71 here. yay you had good chili.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 04:36:06 PM by calihoula »

ruesgram

« Reply #23084 on: March 03, 2021, 07:30:18 PM »

Cal, yay you're getting your shot! Does Jim get one, too?  This week the health dept has 6 vaccine clinics. That should take care of a lot of people. Hope my younger sister gets a call to get a shot this week. Wish Robin could get one soon. Joe says every adult will be vaccinated by end of May. I hope he is right!  Glad that Booboo did well! Everyone at the vet's ofc sounds very nice! Glad the weather cooperated this time! Pearl's disease sounds horrible! Glad you have it under control. Scary stuff.  We had our beautiful 25 yr old  Alaskan weeping cedar tree cut down today. :'(  Strong winds a couple weeks caused some damage to it. We were fearful that it would crack more and fall on our house or the neighbor's. I stayed inside. Just couldn't watch it being cut down. The tree was only about 3 ft tall when I planted it. Crow said he thought it was at least 25 ft tall. The front of the house looks so bare now. Sounds silly but it feels like a death in the family.  Since Robin is having meatless Monday's now she's found some really good fake meat foods. Monday she had a Marie Callender's  fake chicken pot pie. She said it  was really good. Today at Walmart I picked her up bag of bbq hot wings made from cauliflower. She says they are good, too. Hope Missy finds her dog. What a terrible thing to happen!

« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 07:32:22 PM by ruesgram »