Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 639658 times)

neva

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #25830 on: November 18, 2022, 02:51:33 AM »

Kebab Roof ...  22:07    44°  (1:39 am)  nighttime

Hi to all of you.

Joho, that does sound like a feast, and the gravy should help with the dryness.  It was in the mid to high 60s today, not at all bad.  It was sunny.

Cal,  Yes, I was thinking of the beavers having to get into the water.  I guess they are set up for that, but it is a most unpleasant thought to me, brrrrr....  You're right, that Siamese should be inside to be warm and safe.  You'd think the people would know better.
"Be the person your dog thinks you are."
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #25831 on: November 18, 2022, 05:47:07 AM »

hi you guys its 16 here 38 few snow showers in iceland and 51 in the barn. saw on the weather channel lots of snow with lake effect

Hi joho saw they moved the brownies game..3 minutes ago — ... Sunday's Cleveland Browns-Buffalo Bills game will be moved to Ford Field in Detroit at 1 p.m. ET, the NFL announced today. that will a tough game for browns go browns! did you enjoy your feast lots of snow up there but like jim said people live around there know it does snow like people and we know some move to florida should know hurricanes are there we know tornadoes are here.

hi neva i saw on the weather channel earlier it was 45 for you did you get up this early or did you stay up this late? i saw nancy is retiring not running for speaker anymore and i sure dont blame her. read biden saying ukraines missile hit poland pres zen was saying he did not think so wanted his people to look at it too but if we did we will say we are sorry for them peoples loss we do not act like that and chief of nato telling biden ukraine has every right to defend themselves and they blame that on that putin and no one else. pres zen asking for help rebuilding their power and stuff that putin keeps hitting no heat and stuff is not right and no one stopping putin or seems able too but ukraine i think ukraine needs to take out power and heat in russia do that and those people will turn on putin. be the end of him finally

GB Ukraine and all animals and all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/E5055D55BD69?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

johoward

« Reply #25832 on: November 18, 2022, 07:48:30 AM »

6:33 No snow here, but nearby it is a blizzard.  Lake is very effective snow machine with just the right wind and open water.  We are used to snow.  We will do what we need to to get through the winter.  I like it here.  Debbie and some of her younger friends would like to live in FL.  They like the beach a lot.
Did have a good visit with Deb, Boss, Bash, and even Mary.  Was so nice.  It was like every day to them, but to me it was special.  The roast I got is delicious.  So tender.  Just falls apart.  I warmed it in a fry pan with a little butter.  Then ,because it was a generous helping, ate only meat and one slice of butter bread with some water.  It was plenty, and I eat a lot usually.  Some is even left for today at lunch.
When I went out to go to see her, my car was a little reluctant to start.  I fiddled with the shifter and the key a little and it started.  Then when I was leaving Debbie's it had a delayed start again.  I called the roadside number, but gave up on it after a while of dealing with the answering machine.  It was just too discouraging, and the car was safely backed into my garage.  I will call the dealer soon and see what they say.  I need my car.
Thanks for being here.  I am enjoying the sunrise on GSB Falcon Cam as I usually do in the morning.  I love this cam.  It is the best.  As are all of you. LOL
CUL EV1 GBU and GB Ukraine

neva

« Reply #25833 on: November 18, 2022, 01:14:48 PM »

Garden Seat  30:54   65°  (11:21 pm)   A few thin clouds, otherwise clear and sunny.  No wind at the moment.  A nice day.

Hi you three.  I hope that all is well.  I'm doing okay.

Cal -  I stayed up late.  I'm not too well acquainted with sunrise.  I live on a different part of the clock these days.  I spent decades with early, as have most people, I think.  When Larry retired, he said that after so many years with getting up at 4:30 am, he wanted to sleep late.  I said sleep as late as you want, sleep 'til noon ... and he did. 

I like the way that the Polish Prime Minister stuck up for the Ukraine, saying he was sure that it was an accident if it came from the Ukrainians, and besides it wouldn't have happened at all if the Russians hadn't started the whole damned thing in the first place.  Amen to that!

Joho -  I hope that whatever is going on with your car is something on the simple side of things.  Your roast sounds wonderful.  Are you going to one of their houses for Thanksgiving dinner?  We are eating out, and have invited my granddaughter, Bella's (Isabella) boyfriend to join us.  We all love him.  Barring the unforeseen, I believe he is the one, eventually.  Bella is busy with school for now.

The puppy is four months old and 30 something pounds now.  Not a trace of Labrador to be seen in this girl.  We've spent a fair amount of time wondering what kind of a dog she is.  I don't think it's a Doberman anymore.  She's 'Mystery'.
(J.W. Stephens)

calihoula

« Reply #25834 on: November 18, 2022, 02:52:55 PM »

hi joho yes you need your car and it needs to be dependable i like this cold weather dont mind snow ice mind that i hate calling places listen to the menu listen to this crappy music you want to talk to a person one that speaks english good luck jim has more patience than i do i got stuff to do but he has lost his cool screaming i want to talk to a person yelling at a recording  :) you go jim

hi neva awhile back i downloaded this deal on my ipad not this ipad other one and it identifies what your dog is i took a picture of penny brownie when they were alot smaller and said st bernard great white pyrenees oh crud they are not small anymore but good that creep dumped them here. nice inviting bella bo did she go riding horses with him? yes like pm of poland taking up for ukraine how can you not one day happy and free then #$&* just takes it away and still is laughing larry hay im sleeping in i love early morning good too cause my dogs would get me up cats and barn kids my dogs sleep thru the night as others do too so that is good neva you keep vampire hours  :)
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25835 on: November 18, 2022, 03:42:51 PM »

Maddie's birthday would have been on the 21st.

Nov. 21st, 2004 -  August 11th, 2017   ~ Madison Rose ~

I miss her.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 03:47:22 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

neva

« Reply #25836 on: November 18, 2022, 03:54:48 PM »

Cal - Me hanging out with a few of my friends   

by Neva   (Intaglio Printmaking)  1983
« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 05:18:40 PM by neva »
(J.W. Stephens)

johoward

« Reply #25837 on: November 18, 2022, 04:58:03 PM »

Neva,
That is hilarious.  I am not sure asking Bo over for dinner is in his best interest. Kind of like Hannibal says, "I am having a friend for dinner". LOL  Debbie and I will eat out somewhere.  Her family gets together with her ex John's family.  They drink too much, and their behavior is too erratic for us. It has been that way for years and will not change. So we go our own way.  Joan used to go too.  She would get to choose the venue.  Often it was someplace in Amish country.  Several times we went to Cracker Barrel.  I did not care for their food, but Joan loved to shop there.  I will let Debbie pick the spot, and I will pick up the check and tip.  It is what we do.
Thanks for that picture of Maddie Rose.  Maddie looks beautiful.  Her teddy bear ears and short muzzle remind me of a cold weather breed.  Like a furry Pekinese or a Chow.
I called the roadside car help number, but was unable to get the site to function.  So today I called the dealer service department.  Brian said ok I will tell someone about road side, and gave me an appointment in his shop.  It is at 8 AM on DECEMBER 20TH!  I said what?  I need it reliable now and always.  Plus it is on a 6 month lease extension that expires in December.  I am not sure I will even own it then.  He said that is the first available.  So I guess I will get to learn more about the roadside service.  I will try the service from my insurance company too.  Might be better.  I just got back from Walmart. It worked OK.  Not me though.  I went for butter and got $69 worth of stuff and no butter.  I want warm up the roast in butter now.  I have about a spoonful.  It will have to do.  I will add a little fat from the storage container, and a few drops of water. That should do it.
Again thanks for the pic and joke, Neva.
Cal thanks for being here for us every day.
GBU and GB Ukraine

calhound

« Reply #25838 on: November 19, 2022, 05:13:56 AM »

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You - UPDATE November 18, 2022

Deer watches fox
GiveMN Thank you!

On behalf of the bears and the mission, I can only say thank you for what you did for the North American Bear Center ($50,000 goal accomplished) and the Wildlife Research Institute ($5,887, including a check in the mail).

It was interesting to see you in action last night. Midnight came with a bit to go yet to reach the goal. But the midnight deadline didn’t stop supporters of the Bear Center. You kept donating until the score was a full $50,000!! Way to go.

I’ve seen that kind caring in many ways over the years. That’s how so many things have been achieved. I’m looking forward to getting the fence done this spring as another step forward for the Bear Center that you have helped make what Popular Science magazine named as the top science center to visit in Minnesota. Thank you supporters. Thank you staff, and thank you everyone who has helped in so many ways over the years.

Blue jay
Blue Jay
Red squirrel
Red squirrel
Blue jay w/peanuts
Blue Jay w/peanuts
On another note, it turned colder today with a high in the teens. While red squirrels, blue jays, nuthatches, and hairy woodpeckers were busy stuffing themselves with calories, a lone grackle that didn’t fly south looked cold. He sat on a branch with his feathers puffed up and as he waited his turn among frantic competitors, he stood cold on one leg and then the other before flying in. I hope he’ll be okay.

Red fox w/suet - Saturday 11/12/22
Red fox w/suet - Saturday 11/12/22

We miss the fox, but we know we have to share him with other feeders. It’s just that we worry when we don’t see him with trapping season in progress. Having him stay safe among us feeders is a reason several residents keep him fed in this nature-loving community. It is also interesting to see how he interacts with other members of the community like deer that eye him suspiciously. But now it’s been since 3:24 PM Saturday since we’ve seen him here. That’s when we put out a big piece of suet to attract a pileated woodpecker, but it was the fox that took it. I suspect it was enough to fill his stomach over and over. Others wonder what happened to him, too. I hope we see him soon.

Grackle
Grackle
Hairy woodpecker female
Hairy woodpecker female
White-breasted nuthatch
White-breasted nuthatch
Speaking of filling up, blue jays usually fill their gular pouches with four or five peanuts plus one or two in the beak. Then today, I saw one pack 10 peanuts in with none in the beak. Just when you think you know something, you see an exception.

In some ways, the show out the window isn’t fair. I don’t know if they realize that they distract me from writing more than they should. Always interesting.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #25839 on: November 19, 2022, 05:42:43 AM »

hi you guys its 19 real feel is 11 about the same really rain snow 39 in iceland 51 in the barn. wonderful bears got their donations.  i hate hate hunting trapping make me sick if i ever saw someone setting a trap i would fix them but good new fencing will be nice fencing is not cheap jim called the guys who put up that horse down the horse pasture when sodie was losing her eyesight keep her over on this side away from the pond and tims back fence now we want them to put up more horse fence running the other way keep indy down by his barn and closer to the house keep him away back fence the runs into sanders place if we want can let him run it open the gate but he will have plenty with new fence. keep upper for his hay sell the other hay we got all this land.mr kitty is being a pain this morning those guys remember us from putting up fence before. they do good work and fast too. dogs will love telling them off run down to the end of their fence hay you

Hi Neva! love your poem  :) we like a good vampire like in twilight bella almost being dinner so funny joho bo being invited to dinner lol i know almost maddie rose birthday and almost yours too. i miss her too and i know how much you do. hard the hardest

hi joho jim is up and got the girls talking in the kitchen then he says quit cause they are very wound up.  i hope you get your car stuff fixed so you lease your car? go to get butter no butter but spend money you sound like me. make a list and forget it but usually i can remember what i need if i forget coming out of walmart i stop at harps and get it. sometimes have too walmart be out this and that. thank you and neva for being here everyday!! i saw bills footstadium on the weather channel could not see any seats or aisles just tons of snow people trapped along road people stay off the roads! gotta go

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/0F055D5A3D7F?z=0

gb ukraine gb all animals and gb all of us

johoward

« Reply #25840 on: November 19, 2022, 10:01:07 AM »

6:53 Cold and windy here.  Only 27 degrees at 10;38.  Good day to stay in again, but I still need butter. LOL So I will go to drugmart.  Need some diet 7up that was on the forgotten list next to the butter.  At Walmart I got tea, water, birch beer, and even a bottle of wine, but no diet 7up.  Dummy.
I will look at bananas too.  I got some the other day for just $.17/lb. at Walmart.  Yesterday Walmart wanted $.49 a pound.  That is above my limit.  Should have got more at $.17 than I did, but they just don't last long on the counter.
Thinking about getting a haircut this morning that would last through the holidays.  I don't like to go there.  So I might put it off another while.  Probably will put it off now that I think of it.  Yes I am sure now I will put it off at least a week.  I am easily swayed.  Just a thought is all I need to change my mind. LOL
I will watch collage football instead.  Later, at 7PM, I will try to find Ohio highschool tournament football on channel 1 or the radio.  My high school is doing very well this year.  They have won 13 games and are undefeated this year. 
Well time for me to go do some shopping so I will say CUL EV1.  GBU and GB Ukraine.

calihoula

« Reply #25841 on: November 19, 2022, 12:53:24 PM »

hi joho laughing you are easy to sway that haircut can wait do like me let it grow long put it in a pony tail and go i not had my hair cut in decades. jim buzzes his hair himself not had his hair cut in long time. your hs did great cheap on bananas like you said buy too many rot on counter im the only one that eats them dogs eww raccoonies ewww possum eww so just a few. dont forget butter diet 7 up i never went back to walmart to get second shingle shot first one hurt and made me very tired walmart called yesterday said time for second shingle shot okay they said come in at your convience oh well no telling when that might be
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

neva

« Reply #25842 on: November 19, 2022, 07:11:25 PM »

Dog+Quad ...  25:05     66°  (5:31 pm)   The sun has set just now, but today was in low 70s and it was sunny and a good day.

Hi everyone.  I hope that your day went as you were hoping it would.  Mine was okay.

Hi Joho ... Cal's idea of a ponytail sounds good.  That is what I do, too.  You go on shopping adventures, not sure exactly what will come home with you.  Us too, and we also write a list.  We're taking Bella's boyfriend out to eat, so he'll be safe.  lol!  🦇 

Hi Cal  ...  I had to write that poem on a zinc plate, backwards in order to have it print out the way that it should.  It was coated, the image scratched into it and put in an acid bath, for a time and cleaned, inked and printed.  I loved printmaking. 

It's good you get to have the same guys for fencing, and know beforehand that you will get quality work done. 
(J.W. Stephens)

calhound

« Reply #25843 on: November 20, 2022, 05:43:12 AM »

hi you guys its 17 here clear saying it will get up to 45 today 39 rain snow in iceland and 51 in the barn. maybe ran out so i went back in closed the door waited like a minute open the door maybe ran back in. moon looks pretty cool when i came back in from the barn saw trump on the tv sound down jim still sleeping so good did not hear him but telling the dogs oh no he is back on the tv.

hi neva! yay you are a pony tail girlie too! so easy and we need easy for sure. cousin janice a pony tail girl too most the time some time she wears long and down i cannot stand to do that in my way big time. laughing at taking bellas bo out to eat be safe lol just went you thought it was safe.......neva that is so cool writing that on a zinc plate backwards and all that!!! guess that must be your vampire skills! :)

hi joho i saw on the weather channel just little south of buffalo they got 88 inches of snow and man lots of snow hope everything safe from that.  did you get that butter diet 7up? chiefs play chargers there in tonight. brownies today too go browns go chiefs

GB Ukraine and i saw new pm surprise visit to kyiv and giving them lots of weapons and help. gb all animals and gb all of us

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/21055D591F01?z=0

neva

« Reply #25844 on: November 20, 2022, 03:41:21 PM »

Wasp/Cactus ... 22:30    65°  (1:42 pm)  Sunny, clear and windy.   It's a nice day all in all.

Hi you three, I hope all is well for all of you. 

What do you think of that Elon Musk and what he's doing with Twitter?  It is like he is trying to ruin it.  Of course, I wouldn't lose any sleep over the loss of Twitter, I just feel for the employees there.  He ought to stick to his spaceships and cars.  Of course, if he does in Twitter, perhaps he would be helping us all...  ?

Cal, about my vampires, my Instructor said my vampires were "too cute"   - can you imagine that?   lol!

Good day Joho.

(J.W. Stephens)