Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Jewel and her cubs  (Read 668216 times)

calihoula

Re: Jewel and her cubs
« Reply #28305 on: April 11, 2024, 06:15:45 PM »

hi joho i thought on oj he should of confessed what he did now he will answer for it jesus knows the truth sweets had his fourth shot at 1 pm he is drowsy but not out of it and shot did not make him cry he does not want to eat but drinks from my syringe jim and i turned him put that big lap belt under his back end jim lifted it and had his horns i supported his head put down his pillows he tucked in his back legs so i sat on the other side of him support him got his pillows all good new soft one he rest his horns in it he had his front legs one bent other kinda bent he did shift back in so leaning against my couch here his back has pillow there then couch he looks so comfortable should of done this days ago his mouth shut and was like a straight line now it curves up like a big smile i kissed it kissed his head so jim said tomorrow last shot we will see how he does call vet tomorrow tell him cause vet told jim he will continue to treat him so probably more med but i think maybe he is better he is resting good now not up or anything not eating but had that medicine  one tuff little goat
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #28306 on: April 11, 2024, 10:03:02 PM »

well sweets shivering pawing floor i got up did drink jim got up we moved him back on that side he peed but restless i am at the end jim went back to bed sweets right now just laying down but i cannot be up all night i cant jim dont have to work tomorrow i will go to my bedroom if sweets doesnt go to sleep calling vet tomorrow  god please help sweets
I've never met an animal I didn't like, and I can't say the same thing about people. Doris Day

calihoula

« Reply #28307 on: April 11, 2024, 11:03:22 PM »

sweets not shivering i put a blanket on him it is chilly in here he is sleeping now ty god mom night

calhound

• Eagle nest and Bear watcher since 2/23/11
« Reply #28308 on: April 12, 2024, 06:16:27 AM »

hi you guys its 38 in ice 68 in kviv oh 45 here 58 in the barn sweets did good last night i got 5 hours of sleep so happy with that and he peed twice drank lots of water i gave him and he ate one peanut butter and cheese cracker and little hay not much but some his last shot is today i want jim to call vet get more med sweets and jim agreed does alot better one that one same side but we are going to get him other side today just for a little bit  let him be on his good side at night  cause i told jim if you put on that other side i am going to bed tonight and you get sleep next to him oh he goes on his good side at night. i am really about ready to go see dr buzzard get something for my right hip just see what is wrong with me. jim leaves for florida next monday for ford for the week so stressed out there both of us. sweets alert eyes look good we read it can take a really long time to get them back be nice to know what is wrong with him for sure.

on the news showed a goat like sweets stuck on kc busy bridge owners saw this and it was their goat they came and got him had proof he was theirs they live like an hour more up north than here she said they called him a mountain goat hmm

Mountain goat stuck under Kansas City bridge survives rocky rescue
BY HEATHER HOLLINGSWORTH
Updated 7:03 PM CDT, April 9, 2024

An escaped mountain goat that somehow got stuck under a Kansas City bridge has survived a rocky rescue effort and now may be reunited with the owners who suspect he was stolen from their farm two months ago.

“It’s the story that captured the hearts of Kansas City,” said Tori Fugate, of the KC Pet Project, a nonprofit that handles animal control for the city and operates shelters. “Forget a solar eclipse. We were on goat watch.”

After Monday’s eclipse, people spotted the animal, believed to be a missing goat named Chug, hopping around on the pillars that support the bridge, high above the ground below.

Hoping to guide it to safety, a driver managed to get a rope around the goat’s neck, but that only added to the danger, Fugate said. When firefighters tried to rappel over the side of the bridge to capture the goat, he spooked and tried to jump to the next platform. But his hooves slipped and the rope caught, causing the goat to hang from his neck, not moving.

Firefighters managed to undo a snag in the rope, creating slack in the line. The goat then fell as much as 15 feet (4.5 meters) to the ground, landing in a spot where crews had added padding in an attempt to soften the impact, Fugate said.

“He miraculously has no broken bones,” Fugate said. The goat had been clambering along bridge supports that are as much as 80 feet (24 meters) above the ground, a fall he wouldn’t have survived, she said.

She said this was just the latest part of the goat’s adventure. He entered the shelter as a stray on March 13, was dubbed Jeffrey and was adopted later that month. But he immediately jumped the fence at his new home, she said.

“Thanks to his media fame, yesterday we had somebody reach out and they said that he is very similar to their goat that went missing back in February,” she said.

The family lives two hours away and plans to came to come to the shelter Wednesday to confirm he is their stolen goat. If he is, they plan to bring Chug home with them, and the goat’s adoptive owners say that is OK with them.

“He seems to be very particular about his living situation,” Fugate said.

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

calhound

« Reply #28309 on: April 12, 2024, 06:23:06 AM »

it showed him at that shelter and lady talking to him and he acted like he wanting to ram her he was happy to see his owners and they were happy to see his owners too with his ride back home what a scary ordeal.

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/4C055D5A1C7F?z=0
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them. Dalai Lama and mb

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28310 on: April 12, 2024, 09:11:12 AM »

Hi cal, Good that sweets is alert and eyes look good. I sure wish sweets would get better fast for your sake and his too.

This has been so exhausting for you. It's not helping your hip. Good you slept in your bedroom and got 5 hours sleep.

Oh no Jim is gone for a week next week. Can the vet or anyone else help you move sweets when needed?

Crazy Mountain Goat story. Wow!

calihoula

« Reply #28311 on: April 12, 2024, 09:30:26 AM »

hi paulie i stayed with sweets last night but got five hours he is not eatiing jim tried to stand him up but he cant he called vet and he does not know what else to do. if he hears will call oh big thanks i took sweets temp i know with my other animals fever makes them not eat be sick his temp is fever 103.6 high for goat is 103.4 his usually 102. i googled said benatine reduces fever in goats and gut irratation only rx from vet i told jim you call him back jim was on hold he said i will just drive over. so vet better give sweets that. i am afraid sweets not make it sob

calihoula

« Reply #28312 on: April 12, 2024, 10:59:31 AM »

jim got that benatine 3 shots one for three days i gave him day one

johoward

« Reply #28313 on: April 12, 2024, 11:47:35 AM »

Dear Cal,   You really need some Devine Intervention soon.
God Bless You.
I sure wish I could help out.
God Bless Neva and Sweets too.
OH! 4:05 on the chammoise.  Plus ugly rainy cold day here on the South Shore.  It is Friday though.  So TGIF, I guess.  Being retired for so long that does not ring true any more. LOL
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 11:50:21 AM by johoward »

calhound

« Reply #28314 on: April 13, 2024, 07:56:32 AM »

Bears, BD, Birds, and More - UPDATE April 12, 2024

First bear of the year
The big birthday news was that it marked the first sighting of a bear in this community at about 9:14 PM—but not here. The second sighting was the next day less than a half mile away from the first one, it probably was the same bear. The third sighting was on April 11 three and a half miles from the first sighting. It was 9-year-old Spanky, son of Shadow. I’m still waiting for a first sighting here at the WRI.

Birthday banner

Birthday   
Birthday
My birthday was a great day with surprises, birthday greetings, and my wife Donna conspiring with Peggy and her son Jeff to make sure I knew it was my birthday wherever I looked. Peggy and Jeff found Wild Birthday signs that Donna put up on the window, the microwave, the kitchen table, etc. She came with me to see the wildlife and spend my birthday with me. The mink came up and down the steps many times even though I don’t think anyone told him it was my birthday. Donna gave him little pieces of chicken meat out of her hand, which gave me an idea. To see his spots, she held a piece of chicken where he would stand up just outside the door, and the camera caught him just as he was about to take it. He showed us the tiny white spot on the left side of his neck, the round spot on his chest and a spot he had not shown us before farther down his chest.

The next day, Donna was nice to drive me to Duluth for an appointment that took most of the day.

Fisher
Fisher
 Raccoon yearling
Raccoon yearling
Yesterday, I knew I had to accomplish a lot work-wise, so I arrived about 2:30 AM. There was no wildlife to distract me until 4:35 AM when a mother raccoon showed up with her two young ones from last year following her and weighing about half or two-thirds what she does. One of the young ones came up to my window and said a quiet “hi” as he or she settled into eating sunflower seed hearts for maybe a half hour until a fourth raccoon approached, making the first three run and disappear. Then, instead of taking a share of the sunflower seed hearts, he left, too, and the others returned. Could he have been their father and he didn’t want to interrupt their feeding?

Woodchuck w/broccoli
Woodchuck w/broccoli

Next was the woodchuck coming to try the baby carrots and broccoli florets we’d bought for him. He liked both.

Herring gull
Herring gull
 Grackle
Grackle
Red-winged blackbird
Red-winged blackbird
Eagles flew over but had their own agendas. Birds at the feeder switched from over 300 redpolls to only 13 redpolls in the last couple days. Their usual perching tree and feeding spots are now occupied by iridescent grackles and male red-winged blackbirds that are seldom showing their red yet. The females arrive later. Gulls are looking in the window asking for bologna.

Thank you for all the birthday greetings!!! And thank you for all you do.

I wanted to send this out last night but my computer developed a problem.

Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #28315 on: April 13, 2024, 08:09:08 AM »

hi you guys its 49 here 30 in iceland 68 in kviv and 59 in the barn sweets has not peed yesterday or last night his belly is big i am in distress over this read this stuff that helps with that but you can only order it online i was at 1 am looking for it not get it till next tuesday jim did not get up till 7 am i told him you call around look for this no one has it so last hope call our vet hope he will help sweets get that and antiflammorty to help with pain and stuff relax him to pee he peed two days ago i am afraid to give him water now i gotta go jim yelling penny got out what she was just in he said is she out no jim she is NOT. i gotta go

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/7A055D536360?z=0

johoward

« Reply #28316 on: April 13, 2024, 10:06:52 AM »

5:26 What a beautiful creature. Thanks Cal.
 46 degrees and windy with sun.
I've got a cold again.  This time I think I caught it from my barber, because I came down with it the next day after getting my hair cut.  When I was there one of the two barbers was off sick. Soooo now I am sick. Darn.
Had to rescue Karen last night.  She had her eyes examined with drops and started home.  She could not see, and went through the red light while we were on the phone.  She drove down the super highway a few miles, and got off into a Wendy's.  Debbie and I went to get her and her car home.  We did, safely.
 Karen is too independent some times.  I just hope I did not give them both my cold.  It is roaring this morning.  It was a long night.
GBU EV1.  Especially Sweets.
 I still am thinking of that "Mountain Goat" under the bridge.  Wow!  He did just fine until the men helped him.  Then, suddenly, he is hanging by his neck and falling onto the ground below.  Some help that is. I sent those pics to Debbie and Karen.  They were impressed.

paulie

• Live...Laugh...Love
« Reply #28317 on: April 13, 2024, 06:04:11 PM »

Cal, I hope the vet was or is able to help sweets more. Sounds like sweets needs help asap.

Johoward, I hope you feel better soon.

Prayers for Cal, sweets and Johoward.

calhound

« Reply #28318 on: April 14, 2024, 09:11:48 AM »

Waiting for Bears - UPDATE April 13, 2024

Woodchuck male
I haven’t heard of any more bear sightings in or near this community as I sit on edge hoping for a sighting here.

Fisher male w/ham fat
Fisher male w/ham fat

This morning, the big male fisher took the big pieces of ham fat I’d put out for the eagle (who didn’t come), again amazing me that the fisher could stuff so much in his mouth to carry it.

Redpoll
Redpoll

When it was time for the big flock of redpolls to gather for breakfast, they are down to 3 now, so I included a picture of one from a couple weeks ago as a memory of seeing more redpolls here this winter than ever.

Mink Spot
Mink Spot

Somehow, I didn’t include the mink picture I talked about last night, so its included tonight. The woodchuck enjoyed his broccoli and carrots as usual.

Keeping an eye out for bears.

Thank you for all you do,
Lynn Rogers, Biologist, Wildlife Research Institute and North American Bear Center

calhound

« Reply #28319 on: April 14, 2024, 09:24:46 AM »

hi you guys its 67 here might get up to almost 90 today sweets temp fell to bad lows not eating still and still has not peed vet says he cannot help nothing left to do well i think there is but he told jim he does not know alot about goats most vets do not they treat them and then they are sent off for meat makes me sick but people do that tim does that sends off little ones cattle lose their babies for meat keep females to make more meat when you eat meat that is what you are eating you should be here listen to cries of mom cows being separate from their kids kids crying for their moms more than i can stand. so i got out my penicillin and gave him a shot of that intramuscular and i gave him a antibiotics for urinary tract infection put a heating pad on him and jim got him up and laid him on thick blanket covered him with more blanket sitting right next to him almost all the time. i have to just cry at times his temp has risen and his breathing is better that mouse is in here still and now over in my closet and my old cat sitting at the closet door looking for it. cat and mouse game you know i am for that mouse. gotta go

http://www.jigzone.com/puzzles/97055D5CFBA0?z=0