Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 156672 times)

oldguy

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4245 on: May 08, 2024, 02:07:49 PM »

The tornados are active again today...  currently Mo. Il. TN. and NC. have warnings.  Expecting storms to make it all the way to the Atlantic. this afternoon/evening.
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

BrokenLug

« Reply #4246 on: May 08, 2024, 02:16:27 PM »

U. S. A.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4247 on: May 08, 2024, 02:33:29 PM »

Tnx BL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4248 on: May 08, 2024, 05:24:33 PM »

Remembering Axel the Beloved Ambassador Wolf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Urvy71jWA

Axel provided us so many wonderful moments. He will be missed. Live cams in partnership with @IntlWolfCenter

You can read the full release about what happened to Axel here: https://wolf.org/headlines/axel-ambas...

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4249 on: May 08, 2024, 05:29:58 PM »

The tornados are active again today...  currently Mo. Il. TN. and NC. have warnings.  Expecting storms to make it all the way to the Atlantic. this afternoon/evening.

Nashville, TN is in the straight-line. Already winds are stirred up and billowing and the skies are dark and thunderous  and more
Disaster warnings  issued and emergency contact numbers ...local news is on track.

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #4250 on: May 08, 2024, 06:15:02 PM »

Oldguy - Thanks for the videos.  Our local Baltimore news WJZ reported about that this morning. 

Baz. - Hope your knee feels better soon. 

Tsk - Post pics of your flowers when you plant, please.

BrokenLug - Thanks for the links.

Phyl - So sad about Axel.  Be safe!

Good night, everyone  :)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4251 on: May 08, 2024, 06:24:29 PM »

BL  That was really a good animation of the demo process.

PHYL   Thanks for the Axel news.  What a heartbreak for the staff.
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4252 on: May 08, 2024, 07:19:02 PM »

Phyl, you and Jim and Maggie stay safe!

Just checked the Hellgate cam, someone is peacefully brooding the precious egg. Can't tell who it is, their back is to the cam but I am guessing it is NG because it's quiet...   ;D ;D

tsk, I'm glad you read the Axel news, I think I am glad I didn't... ::)

Here's what I got at Goode's (and Sophie in the bucket). The 3rd pic is Ed's Tomato plants, one big one, 4 little ones:

oldguy, good video on the clean up of the Key Bridge!

BL, very interesting how they are going to take care of that bridge!

Good Night Beakers!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #4253 on: May 08, 2024, 08:13:10 PM »

(((Alex)))
BL, see you have your sea legs back!  Thanks fir the links? Old Guy thanks fot yhe volcano info and tge Dali snd thr bridge!   Interesting stuff!
Tig, that is a beautiful coleus!  I am going to look for onr.  Do u plan to plant in the ground or in a pot?   Clynn, you had some on a pot, how big?

I remember that game of telling something to someone and waiting for it to go all around and then listentng to the final version!  Was great on a bus beginning in front behind the driver, going down that side, across the back and up the other side!

Clynn, beautiful collection of plants!  Good job!   Ute Sofie!

Baz, do you use bio freeze on your knees?  Not a permanent fix but gives a little relief.
No housekeeper today.  That is okay.
Have a very nice hydrangea in the back that is ready to bloom!   Had 3 bushes there years ago that did not do well but the stem of one of  them got buried and took root!   I cut it loose from the mother plant and left it alone.  The  little thing has been growing on its own for 3 or 4 years and it looks great!   One of the  blue flowered ones.

The help is supposed to help me shop and they drive my car to stores, dr. Apts, etc.   also do light housekeeping .   I do not need a lot of personal care..  i have them 3 times a week for a few hours, 4 max.   Nice.

Piper says ir is time fir bed!  Seds all in the path Of the storms, stay safe!   Iris, be good to NG!

Phyl

« Reply #4254 on: May 09, 2024, 12:05:13 AM »

CLYNN-white tulips and baby bluebird  awwwww.
tks for sharing NR's awesome storm photo.  So glad  you're feeling rested-that's a lota plants.  Goode's looks like it has wide variety. Awwww Sophie, think she melted Harley's heart.
I was telling Jim the history of Hellgate nest and Iris, Louis and New Guy and what he did to Louis's egg. His reaction:  :o  Tks for all the updates.

LISA-  cheefrul / pretty hydrangea this AM

KAREN- hope you don't over do; good advice to Iris about NG

TIG- very pretty coleus

LANI- LOL your AM today

OG- tks for links; kitties in Japan eat shark meat  ???

BL many tks for latest on FSK bridge, interesting links and animation

We've had raid all day long. The Weather Service just announced the counties and surrounding areas that are flooding.
It's all around us. Wonder if Jim will get to the store in the AM.

Just heard  crackling thunder ...will turn in soon.

Good Night Everyone...SEDs.  🙏 's

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4255 on: May 09, 2024, 01:05:31 AM »

Oldguy, thanks for the Iceland update, clean up of the bridge, and other links.

Tsk, I wish we would get some of that rain. I'll pick up our flowers next week.

BL, thanks for the links, interesting about how they are going to tackle the bridge.

Phyl, how sad about beautiful Axel

{{{Baz}}} prayers continue, I hope your knee is better soon.

Clynn, beautiful flowers, tomatoes, and especially the little furry flower bud in the blue bucket  ;D ... beautiful good night pic.

SED Lisa :)

Karen, sorry your help didn't come. Good advice for Iris, she's always yakking in his ear. LOL! But, it's so good seeing her brooding and enjoying being an osprey. I wish hydrangeas could grow here.... You and Piper take care.

SED Phyl, Sleep well and take care during the storm.

{{{Eagles}}} Miss you.  :-*

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Little Decorah gosling, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #4256 on: May 09, 2024, 06:21:23 AM »

1960s Vintage Toy - TRAVEL NUMBER PUZZLE GAME

Good Morning Y’all. 

Currently: 65F cloudy and under a flash flood watch until 8AM today.  High  84F partly sunny ,  Low 59F
Doing it's job, the retention pond directly behind and below our house is full  and seeping into our yard

The weather was extremely active last night. Esp. the sky with it's rolling thunder and loud bursts ---snap crackle and pop!   
About 2:20am was awaken by a horrendous thunder/lightening strike that sounded like a 'gunshot'. The skies with it's growling made the
experience sound 'primal'.

HI EAGLES

LANI-pretty 'Good Night' ; yes so sad about Axel--very handsome  fella and good disposition

TSK- this month's issue of Nat Geo magazine paper issue cover is  an octopus. Also , features an pictorial article on this species Pp 6-41
 wit a fold out of all breeds/species 

Dina, Sauces nest Channel Islands, California   5-19-21

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family .  'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused , lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee
https://raptorresource.org/raptorresource/forum/index.php?topic=2741.0

« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 07:28:04 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4257 on: May 09, 2024, 06:24:20 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4258 on: May 09, 2024, 06:26:24 AM »

A quick visit to the Mississippi River Flyway Cam
May 9, 2024 6:24 AM
Camera Time: May 9, 2024 6:24 AM CDT
Birchwoman

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #4259 on: May 09, 2024, 06:31:20 AM »

At the Decorah Eagles...
May 9, 2024 6:27 AM
Camera Time: May 9, 2024 6:27 AM CDT
Birchwoman

We find Mother Goose and her goslings having a stroll  in the grass with a Red Wing Blackbird in the background ,
on it's mission to somewhere known only to itself.

#IstandwithEvan