May 5, 2024
https://history.mayoclinic.org/falcon-program/

First feeding
https://history.mayoclinic.org/falcon-program/

on: Today at 02:27:59 PM 
Started by shep - Last post by shep
We can HEAR the chick trying to exit!

bcaw
https://www.peregrinefalcon-bcaw.net/viewforum.php?f=351&sid=44976e95a5685f3112443fd90714a15a

on: Today at 02:22:48 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by kbshcb
https://twitter.com/i/status/1787161618863759530

Cool, a Chiropractor adjusts the neck of a giraffe....

I never did animals btw...but, a colleague who I went to school with moved to Israel, had 9 children, I know his wife too from LA, and is Both a human and animal Chiropractor.

Unfortunately, 3 of their sons have been deployed. 2 injured but good enough to be re-deployed at the end of May. No matter how you feel about this they want it to end asap.

I've been outside all day: use various tools to edge all  the brick lining my gardens in back anyway...have to do it every other year or so. Long knife etc. The weed whip doesn't quite get it all.

on: Today at 01:53:08 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by baziunc
Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

I'm finally caught up on reading 3 days or so of posts in The Beak.  :D

Yesterday I walked 29 minutes, and today I walked 34 minutes. My bum right knee is not happy, so I'm not pushing it.  ::)

Yesterday, while I was out running some errands, and was stopped at a stoplight, a large bird starting flying towards me, and I was watching to see if I could make out what it was before the light turned green. It was too far away, and up pretty high - way above the tall treetops - but getting closer, and I was thinking it might be a heron or egret because it was too big to be one of our usual kinds of hawks around here. Well, it finally got closer, and I could see so much white from below, and then it flew smack dab right over my car - an osprey! with a good-sized fish on board! LOL, the fish and the osprey had the same heading. Natch.  ;) I loved being able to watch it go over me, fish lined up in the talons for least resistance.  :-* :-* :-*  I wish I could've seen where it went with that fish, to maybe discover a nest, because it was definitely on a mission. If that fish was just for that osprey, it could've easily stopped to eat it in any of several massive trees it flew past.  :-* :-* :-*

Phyl, good news on Jim being home. I hope he feels better and better each day.

BL, what a great week you and the guys have had!!

Karen, glad your replacement CPAP is working. Give 'em hell!  ;D 8)

Lisa,

Zippo is tired of looking at my back while I'm at my computer. She is calling to me to come over and "kiss kiss." LOL.  :-* :-* So I'm going to comply, and then watch the Madrid Open men's final match - on my DVR. So many unexpected happenings in that tourney this year. No one would've guessed at the beginning of the tournament who the men's finalists would turn out to be this year. The women's final yesterday was a stellar 3-set match, with Swiatek managing to survive over Sabalenka - the number 1 and number 2 women players in the world... an excellent match, and either could've won it.  Looking forward to the next tourney, in Rome, coming up - and will get to see my boyfriend play again, there, if nothing crops up healthwise before then. And keeping fingers crossed for him to be able to make it back to Roland Garros afterward (to play The French Open), though he has not made any definite announcement about that yet... taking it one tourney at a time... a goodbye tour, that I hope will last for a while longer for him.
:D :-*

Take care, All.  :)

on: Today at 01:44:26 PM 
Started by Lani - Last post by LisaG1967
Puff - Thanks for the link to the drying herbs article.

karen - So, E23 has left home?  We are still getting some light rain. 

tsk - Ahh, so you use the Do Not Eat, sign too! ;D

baz - Waving at ya!   :D

Lani - Thanks for the Royal update, and pretty morning.  You sound very excited for Aly's visit in July.  :)  Cute morning pic of ChiChi with his lil mustache and sombrero.

on: Today at 01:33:51 PM 
Started by MpMom - Last post by MpMom
 ;)

on: Today at 01:31:44 PM 
2 eyeholes
Baby sees outside
Says - nope - not comin out

;D

on: Today at 01:30:32 PM 
HATCH