Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2024  (Read 161252 times)

karengramke

Re: Beak Room 2024
« Reply #4020 on: April 30, 2024, 03:43:31 PM »

Bood. Afternoon!  Hot. Sunny day!  Think 85 degrees!  Went to a resale shop that supports hospice with clothing and a dog bed and then on to a business for a yeRs supply of filters for heat and ac  then to the board of elections to vote. 
Have a few  errands saved for Thursday , ending with a trip to the ent for a check up!
Hope Iris and the new guy will become a pair!   He sure  is trying! Fingers crossed!  Sorry Ba! Lol.
Clynn, how is the escape  hoke fix proceeding?
Lami, I used to make an appetizer called rumaki and marinated in a similar sauce to yours!   Have not had it for years but it was delicious.   Gave my red plaid Betty Crocker cookbook away years ago!   Still find some of  the recipes on line!
Speaking of which it is time to dig in the freezer for something for dinner!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4021 on: April 30, 2024, 06:47:36 PM »

LISA  What will you do with the old entertainment center?  Ours is built into the wall so we can't go any bigger than we have - I think 55"

LANI   Cool cookbook.  Didn't know you were a tennis teacher   ;D  Beautiful Hawaiian blessing.  A nice grace before meals.

BAZI   Thanks for the tennis update.  I was not home most of today  :(   Yes as a tennis start you would hope you could go out on a good note.  I hope this happens for him.

KAREN   You had a busy day.  Was that with your helper doing the driving?

Two hours at the church garden - did some hosta splitting and pieces would be used elsewhere on the church campus.  The landscaper helped.  I'm beat!  He needs to bring some topsoil tomorrow to fill the holes left by the splitting.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #4022 on: April 30, 2024, 06:57:18 PM »

Yes, The helper A was driving and will on Thursday! Have enjoyed driving all my life and took solo trios all over and now I am not real comfortable with it,  perhaps I need to  practice some!

O funny. i  jut reading  a dog forum I belong to and  Pup escaped the Fenced in courtyard!  The name, Sophie!   Lol!  Clynn, it is all inthe  name!   Dog was found!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 08:18:44 PM by karengramke »

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #4023 on: April 30, 2024, 09:36:07 PM »

Lani--I see in the cookbook benediction your name appears.  Which word of the benediction is it?  I always figured Lani had something to do with flowers and the word "lanaii" (?sp) for the aloha wreaths we all seek on our Hawaiian visits.  :)
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

BrokenLug

« Reply #4024 on: April 30, 2024, 11:34:58 PM »

Into a humpday we traverse ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L82II1lNjo

2 Tuna throwing the hook back at you.

On the Captain Kirk teriyaki express .  :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 02:33:06 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4025 on: April 30, 2024, 11:52:08 PM »

Hi Eburg, Lani means "heaven"  ;D my full name is Leilani.. Lei meaning flower, together it means "heavenly flower." Thanks for asking.  ;D

Lisa, You're going to love having the Entertainment Center and 55" tv!  ;D ... Misty will be happy LOL! cats!  ;D

Tig, Kittens are darling colors with perfect names!

Baz, good luck with your appt tomorrow.  :) .. yes, I taught tennis, when our girls were in their teens, summers were spent traveling to tennis tournaments for Shannon, or my teaching children from ages 6-14. Great tennis updates. thanks.

Tsk, You had a busy day .. it always makes me nervous to split my plants. I need to split my purple cones, other perennials.  Mike and I watched the Secrets of the Octopuss, and we enjoyed it very much. Learned a lot.... I'll check out the Ospreys on Nova tomorrow.  ;D

Baz, Tsk, I taught tennis for 22 years as a volunteer mom when Shannon was 12. There wasn't a tennis program in Salina, so I started teaching children from age 6 to 14. My summers for 22 years were filled with teaching kids for 10 weeks, five mornings a week, built the program to 125 kids per summer. When we moved here I gave the program to the highschool Tennis coach and a Club Pro Coach to continue it... I've played tennis for 30 years. I was an Singles A player when I moved here. I stopped play 15 years ago. Too expensive to play here. Shannon was a great tennis player. She was ranked in the top 10 in Kansas from age 14 - 18 as Singles player. In Doubles she was ranked top 10 in state age 16 - 18. She played for her high school as well as state tournaments in her teen years. We spent years on the tennis courts. Mike was on the golf course... I think my highschool PE teachers would probably be amazed I became a tennis player. It was my goal to have children of all ages, whether they were shy and they thought they couldn't play a physical game. I wanted to teach children not to be afraid of playing tennis. That anyone of any ability can play for fun. I made it fun. So my kids stayed with me from ages 6 to 14 and it was a thrill for me to see them grow and progress in positive ways. For me the proudest moments are when I read the Salina Journal the kids I taught continued playing throughout high school years and in college. I bet you wish you hadn't asked. TMI  ;D

Karen, you had a busy day. Glad you had help with driving... Iris new beau was with her most of the day, nestorating, mating, getting fish for her. Louis has not been seen with her for two days now... talons crossed he stays with his primary mate. I'm hoping for another good day with the new male tomorrow.... it's been snowing off and on in Hellgate today.

BL, Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton  8)

Good night!

Iris  :-*

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Eaglesrock, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk/Tim's cousin Joe, Lori, grandmothers and family, Baz, Eaglesrock, Eagles Mom, Tsk's bro and wife Margaret, Karen and Piper, Lisa's FIL, Puff, Lisa's mom, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Clynn,  Tig, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Jicaji, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Clynn, Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Puff, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Little Decorah gosling, Trempealeau Eagles’ Nest, Tiny Tammy and Paws of War, Harley and his little siblings, Miss Maggie, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all the Feral cats, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2024, 11:54:37 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #4026 on: May 01, 2024, 03:50:53 AM »

Just got home3 hrs ago from taking Jim to So. Hills Med  Ctr. ER as per his PCP visit 4pm. The reason was fluid in lungs.
But the ER  doc and staff did tests with better equip. and determined the cause was CHF and that fluid
was seeping into his lungs.  Soooooo, my 'guy' is there in a 2nd floor room taking Lasix  for the next few days
having a 'love affair' with the toilet.  No rest for him...why no cath is beyond me.

Who cares right now.
I'm turning in for some 'shut-eye' and cuddle with Maggie.

Soooo...

Good Morning Everyone. Happy Wednesday  May 1st !

Currently: 58F clear with a   High  85F sunny,  Low 58F

Bluebirds update and  other items I was gonna post will have to wait 'till I can get caught up.   
Will update this post when they are available.
Plan on seeing Jim later today. HAGD & HTA, BBL                         

Happy May Day ! 

Prayers for: Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. Laken Riley, all those like her and family .  'Little Gray' and 'Little One' ...All abandoned, abused  lost cats ... stray, unloved, homeless stray and feral cats; The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

Dina, Sauces nest Channel Islands, California   5-19-21

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

Nature 365:

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2024-04-0
https://www.nature365.tv
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #4027 on: May 01, 2024, 06:54:12 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!  Happy May Day!

Phyl, oh no, Jim in the hospital again! I hope they quickly find where the fluid in his lungs is coming from and get it taken care of. I would also think a cath would allow him to rest more easily... You and Maggie need some good rest today, hope you can get it!  Good 365!

Lani, love the meaning of your name, I think I mentioned years ago that the Noritake china I chose for my bridal registry is called Sweet Leilani, it is soft, pretty pink flowers with gray accents.  Love hearing your life story of your love for tennis, WOW! It's obvious you have always been a loving and passionate person, giving to others is a big part of your life!  And what we reveal to our friends is never TMI. Thanks for sharing your memories with us.  Wonderful news about Iris, this has never happened with any previous male suitor, I think it is a good sign! Love the cherished cookbook!

BL, what?  :o Good tune!

tsk, my hostas in my front garden are doing beautifully! I have a couple of new ones I need to get tucked in here and there. No splitting yet!

baz, you had a good day watching your boyfriend and even got a walk in! Jason, the deck guy, hasn't been here yet. He said some time this week, probably between other jobs. Meanwhile Sophie is not allowed out unless Ed or I are out there. Kelsey is no good at watching her!  ;D Her latest fun is playing in the water dish, putting her toys in and fishing them out. And occasionally turning the dish over in the process. The water bowl went in the bathtub last night, until I can get an un-tippable one!

Lisa, you have the same issue with your entertainment center that we did. I ended up putting ours on Facebook Market Place as FREE. Got rid of it quickly!  Like so many things, no one ever thought there would be a bigger tv!!

Hellgate Osprey Cam - Jenny Powell 
Is it too soon to dub them as Hellgate's hottest new couple?! ❤ He's been bringing her Fish, he works on Nest and brings building supplies, they spend quality time together watching trains and other happenings in the kingdom of Iris, they mate and he listens to her as she tells him stuff!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4028 on: May 01, 2024, 07:14:18 AM »

BL  Enjoyed the Clapton/Winwood piece.

LANI   Such a beautiful name.   :)  WOW  Something we didn't know about you.  What a wonderful experience teaching the kids and for all those years!!. (I bet you would have been a good school teacher too.  ;) ;) )  Shannon really got the hang of it and did well.  ;D    I used to play tennis regularly when I first moved to this area.  Had friends who played so I had to learn.  Great exercise.   I had some learning experience with pickleball when in Door county - Much easier on the endurance as a senior, but didn't get the hang of the scoring in that short time.  The interest in the sport is spreading rapidly.  Glad you got to see "Octopus" .The nice thing about hosta is that you just can't kill them  LOLOL.  Perennials are pretty hardy.

(((PHYL)))  (((JIM)))   I think the rationale on the catheter is that it is invasive and infections easy to acquire.  That was always a last resort for my Mom and Dad.  Both finally succumbing. 

CLYNN    What a bright launch into May  ;D ;D   That little Sophie is a handful  ;D ;D ;D.  Sure is looking good for Iris and her new pal
Chicagoland

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #4029 on: May 01, 2024, 07:41:35 AM »

Hellgate Osprey Cam - Jenny Powell 
Is it too soon to dub them as Hellgate's hottest new couple?! ❤ He's been bringing her Fish, he works on Nest and brings building supplies, they spend quality time together watching trains and other happenings in the kingdom of Iris, they mate and he listens to her as she tells him stuff![/size]

this is great news!  I haven't watched any of the nests for a few weeks now... I am happy to hear this.  Bless her heart ((Iris)). 
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #4030 on: May 01, 2024, 07:49:14 AM »

some bounce
(( Phyl ))
I'm off to the pool. Finish the mowing Camper started later....
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #4031 on: May 01, 2024, 08:55:54 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Lani - Thank you for the recipe.  I am going to pass it on to Bradley.  He would love it.  Very pretty name you have!  I hope Misty will be happy with this new arrangement.  ;D ;D

baz - I am enjoying the new TV's.  I was a lil frustrated at first, cause I do not like change, and getting use to the different apps was driving me insane.  Oh, so your 2nd bandage is like the one that clynn posted.....just joking!  ;D  Good luck at the OT's today!

karen - We have had some hot sunny days here too.  I normally do not turn on the AC this early, but the kitties looked like they were dying of heat exhaustion.  If I lived closer, I would drive you around.  I love to drive!  :D

tsk - I would like to see if maybe Jeff can remove the bookcase part from each side, and just keep the cabinet part where the TV sits.  We use that as a lil storage area for some holiday stuff.

Phyl - Prayers for Jim, and a speedy recovery.  Hope you got a lil rest.   

clynn - Love the pretty flowers in your last pic.  Jeff is like, now what do we do with all these older TV's.  I am for one that likes to bring things to Goodwill, so I can use that as a tax donation.  Thanks for the Hellgate update.  I hope Iris stays with her new man!

E4E, Lori, tig, kb, Puff and all - Morning  :)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #4032 on: May 01, 2024, 10:05:23 AM »

The cake is moist and buttery, with a cheesecake like swirl in the middle, some texture from the streusel and sweetness from the powdered sugar glaze. 

Love & miss ya Clynn, Karen, Kbs, tsk, Lani, Phyl, Lisa, oldguy, puff, tig, bazi, Jill, blschue, Paulie, T40, Emy, Lilbro, E4E, Peep, Nora, Ginger, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, lindy, Bggolden, godiva, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, nanimal, ruby, Oma,  f22raptor, jicaji, LB, the cheers & Jewelies groups and All!

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #4033 on: May 01, 2024, 11:04:01 AM »

Welcome May!

Happy May Day Beakers!
Morning Ezee, Eburg, Weasel, Jilltosa, Kb, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eaglesrock, Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Eagles, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, BL, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

{{{Phyl, Jim and Miss Maggie}}} oh, I'm sorry Jim is in the hospital. Sending prayers for quick healing and comfort for him. Mike didn't have a cath when he was in the hospital for fluid in his lungs. Drs at AZ Heart Institute wanted to limit the possibility of staph infections and building of more fluid in lungs or around heart if he lying constantly. But, then this is what they did for Mike five years ago.... please rest and take care and find comfort in our prayers coming your way.

Clynn, Have you thought about getting Sophie and her siblings a pet water fountain. They come with a filter and different sizes. I'm sure she'll love it, but she can't tip it over. Sadie has a large pet fountain in the kitchen, cats use that too. A rubber mat with an edge to prevent water spillage on floor is under Sadie's fountain. The cat's fountain sits on a pet potty liner, that has their food dishes too.... have you let Sophie show you where she gets on the roof? Maybe by watching her from inside the house, then you can see where you might be able to block the hole with a towel or something until Jason can repair it.... I love seeing Iris on her nest more often and hearing her chirping away. She does have a way of making your ears ring!!! LOL!

Tsk, I've been asked a few times, but for some reason I'm not interested in playing Pickle Ball. It looks like fun though, and less strenuous on the knees.  ;D   Sending prayers for your family, a lot going on with them too.

{{{Lori and Destini}}} Happy May Day, I love you buttery cake!  :-*

Tig, have a good day  :)

Lisa, Bradley could make a jar of the marinade, it keeps well in the frig and would be handy anytime.... good idea about keeping the cabinet and using it for storage... you might check with a Domestic Violence Shelter or Pet Rescue donation centers to dispose of the tv too. We take our items to them and they will provide a tax donation form too.

May Day is Lei Day in Hawaii
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csB1-5uBaVI&t=9s

Me - my senior year voted May Day Queen for my high school 1969

« Last Edit: May 02, 2024, 09:40:47 AM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #4034 on: May 01, 2024, 11:18:01 AM »

LISA  That's a very "cinnamony" cuppa'  ;D   I think Best Buy or Office Max will recycle those?  Around here we have a womens' shelters that accept those for the homes the women live in?  LANI had a good idea with pet rescue places as well.

LORI  A wonderful cheerful welcome to May  :)

LANI   One happy pup  :)  Today Tim's cousin Joe will meet with the oncologist and find out the results of his biopsy.... :-\ ???
You would get my vote as May Day queen as well  ;) ;)  Very pretty dress.

Gorgeous AM.  Did a 33 min walk and transplanted some daisies that were wondering under my row of privacy arborvitae.  Rest a bit and leave!

Off to see " The Music Man" at 1 PM today at a professional suburban theater.  It's one of Tim's favorites.. We go there often as Tim would no longer drive in the City to see theater.  We have enough good stuff in the burbs to keep us entertained  LOL  Did the City when younger..
« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 05:30:53 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland