Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471197 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12751 on: December 30, 2023, 04:16:39 PM »

Phyl, great Simon's cat about boxes!  Here's Harley, AKA Turdbutt:

The kittens were back in the basket, I am leaving it there for them, it's their safe place...

BL, I looked at pictures of Sundown Wild Forest, it is a beautiful place...

Lisa, we haven't really gotten the cats together yet, we are letting the kittens kind of get used to the place first. We have been switching them from our bedroom to the family room and Harley between the family room and the Mole Hole, hoping they will get used to the scent of each other.

Lani, Harley has hissed once looking at the kittens in their little tent home. Hopefully it won't take too long to get them together. They look so tiny compared to him! I love the ZipFirt sheets, I ordered another set of the topper, you only need the one base section. Now I can change the sheets without waiting for Ed to wash them so I can put them back on. They are pricey but well worth it to me! Look at those lion cubs...cats are cats!

The Millers returned from vacation to find Bob and Daphne Honeymooning in the Spa.

Clynn, LOLOLOL on Harley!!  Hugs to the Turdbutt, too!!   :D :D :D :-* :-*
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12752 on: December 30, 2023, 04:54:20 PM »

KB   Thanks for all the tips on Omaha.  My brother had been asking if I knew anything about the product.  Now I can let him know.

LANI   I'm enjoying a mug now.  Such a simple thing and I am thrilled  LOLOL

TIG  Thanks for the distinction on horn sounds.

PHYL   I will pass your Omaha steak info on to my bro as well.   " I'm returning the sweater...."   LOL   " Cat-opoly"  ::)

CLYNN   Good plan for acclimating the cats. :)  All your Caturday's were funny .  No naming yet?   Other than sex, are they easy to tell apart?

BAZI  Your Montana nephew has quite the life - He is living in the right state  ;D    Northern lights - Awesome to experience in person.    One of those cuties got a visit from the tooth fairy  ;) They match the cake  ;D

T40   " 3 minutes late..."  LOL    " like your new tie"   ;D   Victor Borge - Best comedy act ever.  All good ones - thanks
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #12753 on: December 30, 2023, 05:45:30 PM »

Our Rutt near the Red River...the ND/MN border...admin agrees...

Stay on this side of the river Rutt ;)

tig - pure ice down here on all roadways. SSRL confirms they pre-treated her roads this am. Smart and wiser than after the fact. Not treated down here..too late now. >:( I need not go anywhere but not sure how it will melt with our temps coming up.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12754 on: December 30, 2023, 06:28:11 PM »

KB   Thanks for the Rutt update.  Pretty far north now.
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #12755 on: December 30, 2023, 08:46:53 PM »

Tsk 'Catmonolpy' I know  ::)  pretty  lame  ;)

CLynn  your Harley, awwww 'Turdbutt"  pusscat I think not.  Hopefully  Harley will be like a wise 'ol Big Brother to the kitties---keep wanting to call them either 'Max and Emma' or  'KoKo and 'yum-yum'   ::)  ;     LOL 'Cat house'   No Run in the house and having chili w/ tremmings Somehow  Pepsi and Smirnoff's vodka just doesn't make the grade ! I have some Sangria  though.

Karen   tks again for nest updates. Pets to Miss Piper.

T40 LOL 3 minutes, On Mr. Vivo!I luv you baby, even w/ bodyguard; 'cat slap'  ;D    'Chaos'  only seconds to desimate; Lady and delivery awwww; Boxer watching TV lol. And of course Victor Borge  ;)

Bazi tks for the snaps of the Aurora and grand nieces 6th

Tsk/ Bazi    h ave literally stood  'neath The Aurora while in Juneau. And then waved to Russia --- w/binoculars saw someone wave back   :o, must have been watching  us  all  along   :P

KB  thanks loads for ' The Rutt Report' our man is on a mission. Ditto stay on 'this ' side of the river.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12756 on: December 30, 2023, 09:06:35 PM »

Good Night and SEDs everyone...   

Vintage Indiana Glass  sleeping kitten tea light holder                         

#IstandwithEvan

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #12757 on: December 30, 2023, 10:59:08 PM »

Lani - Hope Mike gets some good relief with the 2nd shot.  Sometimes, one shot per year is probably not enough!

Og - You have definitely been a busy guy!  The storms have not been bad for us, but not so far away, coastal areas had lots more rain and high surf and had to deal with flooding.  We live about 11 miles inland from the ocean, so where we live, we don't get flooded, of which I am grateful.    Have a wonderful New Years Eve tomorrow and I'm sure you will make delicious Chili! :)

Bl - Sounds like you & Pip are in the perfect place - Enjoy your time!  :)

Puff  - You are right - not easy being cute (kittens)!   Thanks for the status at SWFL! ;D

Clynn - Bet the kittens slept pretty good after playing with the Munchkins.  Funny how they found a perfect quiet spot to sleep! :)     It was nice to finally have a quiet bed, but not only that, the bed actually felt differently and much more comfortable. :)
Wow - that picture out at Glacier National Park-Montana is gorgeous, but don't know if I would want to be way up there! ::)
Sounds like a good plan with trying to gradually introduce Harley to the kittens.

Tsk - I read your nice compliment to Kris and he got a big smile and said 'Thank you'! ;D    So nice of your niece to gift you with that nice cup to keep your tea hot.   I think I have a cup that size too!  Yeti cups are great  :)   Wonderful donation for the RRP!! ;D

Kb - Amazing you saw the waves around the Santa Cruz, CA area too!  I think today was the last morning of high surf and today the rain ended pretty early, so that was good break for the folks over in Santa Cruz County; Rio Del Mar, Seacliff Beach, Santa Cruz Wharf, Steamer Lane area.   
Awe, hugs for what you said to BL {{Kb}}

LisaG - Thank goodness for your cam in that you were able to see that a fox had visited your feed bowl!!   Kris says 'thank you'!! :)

Karen - Thank you for SWFL update! :)

Lori - Love the vids of the kittens!!  Thank you so much!! ;D

Phyl - Love the pics of the forest area-beautiful!!    Cute comic of kitty returning the sweater! :)   Cat-Opoly! ;D

Hi Baz! Beautiful picture of your twin greatnieces with their birthday cake!! 

Beakers have a warm, safe & nice evening.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12758 on: December 30, 2023, 11:15:52 PM »

BL, The Sundown pics and link that Phyl posted is helpful, what a peaceful serene corner of the world.  :)

Phyl, Love Simon's cat box guide! Milo and Norman do not like boxes or bags.  ??? ... Cat Opoly and I'm returning the sweater!  ;D ... sweet cat ornament and tea light.... oh my, your story of standing beneath the Aurora, waving to Russia only to see someone to wave back at you.  ???

T40, love the Main Coons! Love RxckStxr vids! New Tie  ;D ... OMG! Chaos in a few secs! Oh the howling  ;D ;D ;D... The dog watching the game! LOL!!! Victor Borge!  Great ones tonight!!!

{{{Clynn}}} Love the Tie-dye coverlet that big beautiful ginger {{{Harley  :-* }}} is hiding his face from you.... Good idea for getting the cats use to each other .... Bob and Daphne LOL!  ;D ... 5' can opener!

Karen Latest info on SWFL Posted above cam: 8:30p M up, egg2 in view, rolls egg2, 8:32p M incubates, 8:45p F23 on attic vocal, 9:26p M up, aerates, no egg view, 9:27p incubates, 9:29p M tucks his head, 9:58pm M up, view of eggs, Egg1 viewed w/movement inside. 10:00 M rolls eggs, incubates. 44 minutes ago

Baz, Your family members live in beautiful corners of the world, Big Sky Montana! ... Beautiful photos of the Northern Lights and there's the world's northernmost Burger King in Norway!  ;D To see the Aurora Borealis has to be an awesome sight for your nephew! Happy birthday to your beautiful greatniece twins!

Tsk, simple things make the BEST gifts!

Kb, awww there's Rutt! Thanks for the update.

SED Eagles, You and I posted about the same time.  ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Clynn, Phyl and Jim, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Siamese mother and kittens, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 11:21:59 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #12759 on: December 31, 2023, 06:06:46 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...  Happy New Year's Eve 

Currently 33F clear,  High  56F sunny,  Low 29F 

OldGuy  hope it was a good card game

Lani sweet  sleeping ginger kitty, thanks

Hi Lisa 'Thank y ou"

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12760 on: December 31, 2023, 06:10:09 AM »

Nature 365:

https://www.nature365.tv/video/2023-12-31-celebration
]https://www.nature365.tv/[/color]

Northern lights and wolves howling / Northern Minnesota, USA.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12761 on: December 31, 2023, 06:18:27 AM »

New Year’s
https://www.history.com/topics/holidays/new-years

New Year’s History: Festive Facts
From the origins of "Auld Lang Syne" to traditional foods, find out more about the history of New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.
https://www.history.com/news/new-years-history-festive-facts?cmpid=email-hist-inside-history-onequestion-2023-1229-12292023&om_rid=

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #12762 on: December 31, 2023, 07:01:49 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!

I see there is a new kid in town at SWFL this morning! E23 in 2023, made it just in time!

tsk, Puff, tig, karen and all - Morning  :)

Phyl - You're welcome.  Thanks for the history on New Year’s, the festive facts and the 365.

Lani - Thanks for the SWFL update.

E4E:D

kb - Thanks for the Rutt update.

baz - Happy 6th Birthday to the twins!  Great shots of the Norther Lights by your nephew!

T40 - Thanks for the videos.  :)

clynn - Was just reading your comment to Lani, about Harley hissing at the kitties.  Bandit did that same thing to Misty when we brought her inside, but he was the one we had in the carrier.   ;D ;D The Millers returned from vacation to find Bob and Daphne Honeymooning in the Spa.

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #12763 on: December 31, 2023, 07:23:19 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lisa, thanks for the news of E23 arriving at SWFL!  Wonder if E24 will hatch before midnight? I think there is always some hissing in the beginning of introducing cats, probably one more day and we will let them get close. Harley is just so much bigger than them!

Phyl, spooky 365... Interesting New Years article, a lot of interesting customs around the world! I would like rice pudding with an almond or eating a dozen grapes right before midnight! Will dig into the other article after breakfast! That is a beautiful wreath!

Lani, we have tie dye everywhere around here, Ed and Kelsey wear it a lot! I bet Ed has well over 100 tie dye tee shirts... Kelsey about 20. I have 5.  ;D ;D

baz, beautiful pictures of the Aurora Borealis from Norway, and a Burger King!  The twins are so cute! Six years old and the first tooth gone! Some cute pictures will be coming!

E4E, I bet Kris is looking for the next project! He seems like one who likes to keep busy working with his hands! I wish Ed was handy, he and his brother think they are handy but they are not. I should take a picture of the shelf Ed built in the new shed!

tsk, I got Mom one of those cups that will keep her coffee hot for 12 hours, I hope she uses it! I was going to set up Acorn on her TV while we were there, that was her present. Then she asked me not to because she would watch it all day and she has too many things she wants to get done, with her pictures and albums. Said she would like an immersion blender so she doesn't always have to get her mixer  or blender out, I ordered one on Amazon and it was delivered to her on Thursday!

kb, Rutt looks like a moose on a mission...  ;D

There's a lighthouse in Iceland that sits on the highest of three rocks six miles off the Icelandic coastline, built in 1939 on top of an extremely steep and dangerous rocky cliff. It's the the Thrídrangar lighthouse...
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #12764 on: December 31, 2023, 07:24:03 AM »

Breathtaking pic of cheetahs, imho.

and, from a trail cam....hmm, trail cams are turning out to be a godsend, right.

Morning all.
maybe a half inch of snow fell on top of our bad ice..roads still here have had no treatment whatsoever.
Hmm?...they have no concern apparently for life or property?
Oh that's right, it's Sunday and New Years eve, LOL

Hopefully I can stay awake long enough for tonight's Vikings/Packers game.