Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471047 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12735 on: December 30, 2023, 10:59:01 AM »

Lori, thank you so much for posting for me! Yes, they were rowdy!

tig, love the video of the ships in Duluth Harbor, I remember being so excited to watch them! A tingle goes up your spine when the horn sounds! Lovely in the moonlight!

karen, both hatching at SWFL!  Do I remember this happening last year, or maybe the year before?

Lisa, we haven't introduced the kittens to Harley yet! We have been trying to give them some time with something with the other's scent on it. We'll see if that works!

Love to be here....                                                                             New Years Resolutions...

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #12736 on: December 30, 2023, 11:09:08 AM »

tsk - so far with the omaha products I have tried: I absolutely love their scalloped potatoes. You take them out of the freezer to cook on a parchment paper lined baking pan and cook from frozen. They look like cupcakes..and delish. I haven't tried their apple tarts yet but the same cooking process. Loved their franks as they are jumbo sized and I added my own home made chili but am sure fine without. Their tenderloin steaks I would remove the bacon wrap from next time I cook. I used the reverse sear method and cooked in the oven. Good and tender but bacon was too salty for me. Have 2 left. Absolutely loved their chicken breasts cooked in the oven seared before oven. I almost always buy thighs as I think of breasts being too dry. These were not dry at all and I added mushroom soup to it in the oven.
Trying the pork loin today. Haven't yet cooked their meatballs or hamburger patties.
All in all I think it's a relatively great buy and very good.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12737 on: December 30, 2023, 12:10:58 PM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Kb, never heard of a Piebald moose, beautiful eyes too....Baking cookies and delicious omaha dinner, sounds like a cozy indoor days. Stay warm.

Hi Karen sent you pm  :)

Phyl, another beautiful classic wolves nature vid!

Hi Puff thanks for SWFL update, sweet days ahead  :-*

Tsk, You'll love your Yeti cup! I drink warm tea throughout the day in the winter.

BL  ;D

Tig, Fun videos of the ship, hearing the horns. Enjoyed listening to Mike in the 2nd vid.

Oldguy, great to see your post this Caturday morning! We've been surprised at a couple of big bowl losses! ...I am howling with laughter with the rooster/cat exploring! What a trusting and close friendship these two beauties have. I especially love the ending.  ;D :-* ... thanks for links. Enjoyed the PTX video with sweet Ellen's voice. Good luck with the cards!  ;D

Clynn, sweet Caturday pics... How is Harley taking to the kittens! Oh, I just read your comment to Lisa regarding Harley. ...  I understand Karen and Mike's medical shots would be different because their medical physical needs are different. Mike has Lumbar spinal stenosis, moderate to severe degenerative disc disease, bone on bone.... Never heard of zipfit sheets! What a great invention. Easy folding too!  LOL! ... Yes, that would be a great walk for Baz, I'd love it too with Sadie by my side.... snowy Albion  :).... Oh my Caturday Junior Wrestling Olympics going on with your two new babies.  :-*  Thanks Lori, great and fun videos!!!

Lori and Destini, thanks for posting Clynn's video  :-*
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #12738 on: December 30, 2023, 12:17:09 PM »

karen - Yay, on both eggs are a hatch in progress at SWFL.  I love when they hatch close together, less bonking, I think. 

Lori - Aww, love the kitty gifs for clynn.

tsk - Yea, a healthy looking fox eating the kibble from the food bowl by cat house outside.  It seemed to get along with everything else that was out there.   ;D

clynn - Love the ABC's. Does Harley know they are there?  Was wondering if he can sense it?

kb - All of your Omaha products sounds really good.

Lani - Morning  :)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #12739 on: December 30, 2023, 12:19:17 PM »

One is the regular salute, one a special captains salute, not sure of the third.
Yes, laker is for the lakes  ;)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 02:48:02 PM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

BrokenLug

« Reply #12740 on: December 30, 2023, 12:42:35 PM »

BL, yes, I can't seem to get anything else done, they are so cute! So just where are you? It must be a beautiful place...

Clynn somewhere very near Sundown Wild Forest.    :)
https://maps.app.goo.gl/4tAJeAc1WQ3eCtMV9
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #12741 on: December 30, 2023, 01:34:47 PM »

Lots of great Caturday posts from everyone today.

Many thanks for the interesting videos today also---I've been doing some catching up from last night.

Kb  thank you for sharing snap of   piebald moose in Norway very interesting, ditto on our Rutt;  Omaha Steaks so delicious I'm So glad you are enjoying them.  .

Tsk before M&M Mars bought the company Jim flew/managed flight dept., the bulk of our meat consumption was Omaha Steaks, including  some seafood at the time. I miss their food

Lori thanks for sharing CLynn's Siamese kittens video.    Brings to mind..."Tussle and play, tussle and play; there's no other way to be happy...then to tussle and play."  :)

Karen many thanks for update on SWFL between you and Puff and Lisa   we are well informed on nests

Tig thanks for the great video of 'saltie and laker' Moonlit departure   Nordika Desaganes  great audio

BL    most lovely area--- I know you said 'near' Sundown Wild Forest. But I found some photos of that forest. You / Pip are blessed with such surroundings

Here's link to the forest web site:   https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/new-york/nature-lovers-dream-ny/
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 01:52:26 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12742 on: December 30, 2023, 01:42:39 PM »

A 'nod' to Christmas gift returns...

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12743 on: December 30, 2023, 01:44:16 PM »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12744 on: December 30, 2023, 01:51:04 PM »

What every cat parent 'needs'---LOL

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #12745 on: December 30, 2023, 02:25:48 PM »

Phyl, great Simon's cat about boxes!  Here's Harley, AKA Turdbutt:

The kittens were back in the basket, I am leaving it there for them, it's their safe place...

BL, I looked at pictures of Sundown Wild Forest, it is a beautiful place...

Lisa, we haven't really gotten the cats together yet, we are letting the kittens kind of get used to the place first. We have been switching them from our bedroom to the family room and Harley between the family room and the Mole Hole, hoping they will get used to the scent of each other.

Lani, Harley has hissed once looking at the kittens in their little tent home. Hopefully it won't take too long to get them together. They look so tiny compared to him! I love the ZipFirt sheets, I ordered another set of the topper, you only need the one base section. Now I can change the sheets without waiting for Ed to wash them so I can put them back on. They are pricey but well worth it to me! Look at those lion cubs...cats are cats!

The Millers returned from vacation to find Bob and Daphne Honeymooning in the Spa.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #12746 on: December 30, 2023, 03:23:05 PM »

bounce

Lots of great posts.

We have been busy. Dinner tonight was at a favorite family restaurant with interesting decor and yummy Italian food: https://donatellis.com/about-donatellis/#1490279767578-dd8b1406-708cefc2-d3f5

SED

Tig, YUM! I want some!! (Saw their menu.) Love their Christmas decorations in your pics!

TSK, LOL, that's what the scroll bar is for!  ;) :D

Clynn, I LOVE the pics of the new kittens' first night! And with Talon and Bella! Their 1st Big Adventure at your house - LOL - sleeping in an out-of-sight basket!  :D :-* :-*  I'm posting as I read... I bet you have posted lots more since last night already... so I will read more posts soon!
  :D

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)  I'm just getting started reading all the posts from last night and today... posting as I read...  ;) :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #12747 on: December 30, 2023, 03:39:27 PM »

I fo not remember two hatchs at once before but some have been close together!  Harriet was big on delayed incubation on the first so they would hatch close together!  F23 was just calling M  but he was not around!   Soon he will have to stock the Pantry! 
No babies yet!

baziunc

« Reply #12748 on: December 30, 2023, 03:45:14 PM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Glacier National Park, Montana - Baz, this would be a breathtaking walk!                                              Albion Town Square yesterday!

Clynn, that sure would make for a breathtaking walk - in Glacier! My Mtns Sis's younger son and his wife live in Montana, near Glacier Nat'l park. He is a professional photographer, expert skier, backcountry rescue-certified, and an all-around outdoorsman. He has trekked in many breathtaking places, like that, and others, and has some incredible photos of nature, too, like Bighorn Sheep on mtn cliffs and such. It's such a breathtaking place.  LOL, and they don't call it Big Sky Country for nuttin!  ;) :D  Your NYE treats sound yummy!

I walked 41 minutes today... no big adventure... just chilly in the colder temps with lots of wind today. But I did it!  :D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 03:47:08 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #12749 on: December 30, 2023, 04:00:44 PM »

Hi Lori!  :) Thanks for posting the video clips of Clynn's kittens for her! They are a riot playing together!   ;D :-* Are you getting along better since your pain shot? I hope so! And I send all best wishes to you and your family in the New Year!  :) :-*   P.S. a PM for you from me.  :)