Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471205 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12420 on: December 21, 2023, 02:57:40 PM »

Lisa... Thanx. It ended up only being 38 degrees out but I soldiered through. Besides the 3 large grass clumps, I pruned 3 other plants... all in an hour and a quarter. It is hot chocolate time!

I plan to create a supper including shredded chicken, garlic, cream of chicken soup, mashed potatoes, and veggies.

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #12421 on: December 21, 2023, 03:51:43 PM »

Clynn - I love that house too!...btw, it's only 8 blocks north of me and 8 blocks east. I know the area well...Thanks for the viewing. Unfortunately, crime has increased so badly since 2020, even in that area, they might have a difficult time even after lowering the price? Might be a great bargain soon?...LOL

Had a nice Holiday visit today with ssrl who came bringing gifts.....!!!!
Love the gooshie (sp?) socks for my off and on plantar fasciitis..it feels better already!

Hopefully the rain will stop before tomorrow's planned Fort Snelling visit and traffic won't be outrageous as the Cemetery is across the street from Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #12422 on: December 21, 2023, 03:52:46 PM »

Bggolden...  wishing  you  the Merriest of birthdays,
this Christmas season.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12423 on: December 21, 2023, 04:01:39 PM »

The December solstice is when the sun shines above the Tropic of Capricorn at noon. It's a line on a map precisely 22.5 degrees south of the equator — running through Africa, Australia and South America — that marks the most southerly latitude at which the sun can appear directly overhead at noon.

Winter solstice 2023: How to see Jupiter dance with the moon on the longest night of the year

Jupiter and a bright moon will shine together on the winter solstice, which occurs Dec. 21-22 in the Northern Hemisphere.

https://www.livescience.com/space/the-moon/winter-solstice-2023-how-to-see-jupiter-dance-with-the-moon-on-the-longest-night-of-the-year?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&lrh=85d7c3d5cd473d225368af62a6ed9988991e13ae1f632526d69b30725b7979c7&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=CD9A8A89-74BF-4485-8625-4498F9AAF14A&utm_source=SmartBrief

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12424 on: December 21, 2023, 04:07:02 PM »

Jim and his crew. Signature Flight Support FBO (fixed base of operation) 2008 at  Nashville International Airport  (BNA).   

Front row: Rodney, chief co-pilot, Dave 2nd co-pilot, Rod flight mechanic and Bill 3rd co-pilot.  On the back steps:  Jim, Chief Pilot and  Flight Department Head.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 04:10:41 PM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #12425 on: December 21, 2023, 04:11:34 PM »

Clynn, OMG, I love your Christmas throwback pic of your family in front of the tree when Erin and Kelsey were little!!   :) :-* :-*  Your Miracle Cookie recipe is almost identical to the one I've used for years. My recipe might be ever slightly more of a miracle, LOL! , because it only has 4 ingredients, instead of 5 and cooks 2 minuttes faster. HAHAHA!!

Here's my ancient version...

Miracle Cookies (Peanut Butter)

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix peanut butter and sugar.
Mix in egg and vanilla.
Shape into balls about 1/2" in diameter - or drop by spoonful, like in your recipe  ;)
Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Flatten with fork.
Cook in 350-degree oven about 8 minutes.
Let cool completely before removing from cookie sheet.
Makes about 4 dozen.

They'll burn on the bottom in a heartbeat before you know it - so check them.
I find if I don't let them completely cool, they fall apart when I try to take them off the cookie sheet... just sayin'  ;) :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #12426 on: December 21, 2023, 04:36:05 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BGGOLDEN!!!  Wishing you a fun day with some sweet surprises and treats!  :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #12427 on: December 21, 2023, 04:52:20 PM »

Happy Day, Beakers!  :D

I walked 42 minutes today,. I didn't take a walk on Tuesday or Wednesday.  :)

Gotta run... hope to check back in later...

P.S. Clynn, I don't use no stinkin' cooler!!   ;) ;) ;D  All food requiring refrigeration goes in and out of the freezer, or straight from the grocery bag to the oven or plate.  ;)  Bring on the new refrigerator!  They are a-maaazing things to have!!
   :D

Smooth travels to you and your family!!  :)

oldguy

« Reply #12428 on: December 21, 2023, 06:00:56 PM »

Hello Beakers

Great news from Iceland -
Svartsengi Volcano Ended after 2 days! New outbreak likely next months to years nearby. 21.12.23   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTb265_xqVg
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12429 on: December 21, 2023, 06:44:56 PM »

TIG  Given those ingredients I could also come up with a suitable dinner.  LOL

KB   SSRL is such a good friend.  Hope you had a good time together.

PHYL   Thanks for identifying Jim - May be our first view of him.  ;) ;)

OLDGUY   Thanks for the good news on the volcano.
Chicagoland

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #12430 on: December 21, 2023, 10:26:30 PM »

These soft, light and fluffy, blueberry cupcakes are full of juicy plump blueberries and frosted with sweet blueberry buttercream.
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #12431 on: December 21, 2023, 10:54:47 PM »

We got some good rain yesterday and for a while early this morning - so grateful!

Tig - Good to know about Maestro!   Good luck with your pruning! :)   Yum-supper sounds good!!

BL - Great RTM info.  Love the picture!

Lani - By now Mike is probably home and I bet he got quite a warm welcome by All!!!!   Tomorrow we will have our Grandson over here to have our little Christmas get together with him. :)    So glad that Aly is driving Mike to his appt and hope the shot starts giving him relief immediately!! 

Phyl - Yaaay for winter solstice!  I always look forward to when the days slowly start getting longer with daylight. ;)   Who are the folks standing with the Airplane?   Okay, as I read further, I see you have identified all the fellows in the photo!!  Handsome hubby you have!

LisaG - So wonderful that B, K, & S will be at your house on Christmas and your meal sounds perfect!!  We have planned to have our Grandson here tomorrow (Fri) to have our Christmas with him.  He always spends Christmas day with his mother and her family.  My son (who is the father to our Grandson) lives in Texas and will not be able to be here. 

Clynn - Love your Christmas photo from 1997!!  Safe travels as you leave tomorrow for your Mom's.  Have a wonderful trip and enjoy Happy holidays!!!

Tsk - We usually stay home for NYE too. Safer to stay home!   Thoughts & prayers for Amy and hope she feels better as soon as possible.

Kb - Hope Ollie feels better soon.  So nice you had a great visit with Ssrl today!!

Bazi - I bet your cookies are so delish!!    Yaay for your walk!!

Og - That is great news from Iceland.

Happy Birthday BGgolden!

Phyl

« Reply #12432 on: December 21, 2023, 11:53:34 PM »

Oldguy wonderful news about Svartsengi volcano eruption ending!! Tks for the update

Lisa some  Christmas tree cookie today; was wondering same about OG's  Mannhieim concert

CLynn sending you, Ed and Kelsey off with travel mercies from St Christopher for an uneventful journey and visit. Hug your mama extra....I miss mine so.
As I so my dad. Merry Christmas wishes early.    Enjoyed your throwback of Christmas '97... if I were to see y'all today I'd know ya in a flash.  Tks for NEFl/ berry College snap update

TSk a real cute AM  gif today.   Sorry I forgot to post caption on throwback of the flight dept.; There are tons of info on the Winter Solstice---came so close to going 'overboard' this year.  ::)

KB
enjoyed your long eared owl this AM; tks for insect varments, amazing how some are camo to look like leaves

Karen tks for SWFL snap  ;)  ; sorry I forgot to caption the snap.

BL thanks for the link will try to stay up for this. Right in keeping with the solstice

Lani Jim, Rodney and Rod are coworkers and best of friends; Rodney had divorced from his wife when Marrs Family bought our company. He took a contract job in India and wanted Jim to do the same. Home on weekends---later we and the cats would have moved to India! Life would have been quite grand--- I would have loved that.  Rodney passed 3yrs ago and Rod is still here in Hermitage with Laural and kids/grands; sweet little snowperson

CLynn luved the  Tudor style  'pricey pad'; cute little opossum

Lori a vey nice birthday greeting for Bg; yummy cup cake; hope all's well on your end

Tig had similar for Monday dinner, I mixed a can of Bummble Bee canned chunk chicken breast in broth with Campbells's cream of chicken soup and gently
simmered once heated thru  I  slightly  forked   seperated the chunks. Then I laddled over mashed Baby red potatoes with red skin , making a resavoir in the mash for the gravy. Garnished w/fresh parsley and served with a garden salad, etc.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 12:34:50 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12433 on: December 21, 2023, 11:55:17 PM »

SEDs Everyone...                                   

Moonrise in snowy mountains. (Image credit: Misha Kaminsky via Getty Images)

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12434 on: December 21, 2023, 11:58:46 PM »

The December solstice is when the sun shines above the Tropic of Capricorn at noon. It's a line on a map precisely 22.5 degrees south of the equator — running through Africa, Australia and South America — that marks the most southerly latitude at which the sun can appear directly overhead at noon.

Winter solstice 2023: How to see Jupiter dance with the moon on the longest night of the year

Jupiter and a bright moon will shine together on the winter solstice, which occurs Dec. 21-22 in the Northern Hemisphere.

https://www.livescience.com/space/the-moon/winter-solstice-2023-how-to-see-jupiter-dance-with-the-moon-on-the-longest-night-of-the-year?utm_term=C190B63E-87C3-4395-B655-61057A13DDD2&lrh=85d7c3d5cd473d225368af62a6ed9988991e13ae1f632526d69b30725b7979c7&utm_campaign=368B3745-DDE0-4A69-A2E8-62503D85375D&utm_medium=email&utm_content=CD9A8A89-74BF-4485-8625-4498F9AAF14A&utm_source=SmartBrief

Thanks Phyl  :)
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander