Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471384 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12315 on: December 18, 2023, 11:25:20 AM »

KB  Cats have something going for them as well.  When we used to take Lucy back and forth to Door County she had the option of being in her carrier or roaming about, ( we had her litter pan in the hatch which she could access) we would be about 2 miles from either place and she would come to the front seat and stand on her carrier or move to the back seat and look out the window and know we were almost "home".  Always surprised us.
We have horrible winds here today with wind chills in the teens.

LANI  And "why not", I say to Santa hats on cacti - Fit perfectly and bring a smile  :)   Loved how that sky got so dark over the albie party  ;D   Finally what the letters stand for in their names  :o
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #12316 on: December 18, 2023, 11:57:47 AM »

1st we are safe, dry, no trees came down on our property and we have power .. many around us do not . :(
The temperature is falling like a rock. It was 60° @ 7 am and it is now 45° @ 1 pm. Forecast low 32°.

- ~ bombogenesis ~ -  :o

https://datawrapper.dwcdn.net/1Xq8C/3/

At last check of my nearest (and accurate) local rain gauge we were @ 5.15 inches of rain in the past 24 Hrs. (11 AM EST 12/18/2023).
Locally we had wind gusts of up to about 50 MPH.
The ground here is extremely over saturated from all of the rain events over the past 30 days and it can not hold the huge trees in this area with those kind of gusts.

Our local river (Saddle River) that runs through town is out of it's banks just about everywhere.  :(
https://waterdata.usgs.gov/monitoring-location/01391500/#parameterCode=00065&period=P7D&showMedian=false
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 04:45:19 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #12317 on: December 18, 2023, 12:39:15 PM »

tsk - hmm, I wouldn't know that about cats as I never let them out of where I lived nor traveled with them. Walter used to go to the window of our living room, precisely at 3:15pm....Scott arrived home at that time between 3:15 and 3:30...

speaking of pups awareness'. Ollie man was going crazy at the bottom of my backyard hill. anything that changes in his view he alerts me too. Yes, I don't remember that thingy Ollie. Thanks much. What to do or say about it, I don't know that either, LOL. It's hanging off either the power line or tel-com line?.

BL - thankfully you didn't lose power or trees...I just have to say this in jest of course: It's you all's turn....I'm loving this Super El Nino!...all kidding aside, I lost a front yard ash tree to the issue of torrential rains plus wind. Uprooted on top of my house...in 2003 I think. Was a tornado however. My back yard willow felled it's top on my roof but from the opposite direction and not uprooted.

The black hangy thingy and not the big silver thingy.

LisaG1967

« Reply #12318 on: December 18, 2023, 01:10:24 PM »

Good Afternoon Beakers

I made it safe and sound across the bridge, and back.  :D

kb - The heated igloo is cool for outside dining. 

baz - I am glad to read that you made out OK with the storm. 

tsk - Can't wait to see your puzzle. 

E4E - Jeff has been baking cookies.  I know one of the Beakers mentioned they make Fruitcake Cookies, so he is on to that batch today. He also made choco chip, peanut butter and oatmeal scotchies.

karen - I hope the water has gone down or you.  I came back home, and passed the creek on Main Street, and the water was still high and covering the roadway.

tig - That is cool about the naming of the trees for inventory purposes.

Lani - Awww, so glad that Aly made it safely, and that Sadie & Dewey are reunited.  :-*  Love the Santa hats on the Cactus! Thanks for the Royal update.

Phyl - Yea...cats are fine, now to get the house in order.  Thanks for the RRP post, and 365.  Very cool about, participant names will be etched on microchips mounted on NASA’s Europa Clipper spacecraft.

clynn - Looks like Christmas was a success at your house, and Santa Claus was good to the munchkins!  Love the London Christmas Tree Rental idea.

BL - Glad to hear that you are safe, too!

BrokenLug

« Reply #12319 on: December 18, 2023, 01:40:20 PM »

BL - thankfully you didn't lose power or trees...I just have to say this in jest of course: It's you all's turn....I'm loving this Super El Nino!...all kidding aside, I lost a front yard ash tree to the issue of torrential rains plus wind. Uprooted on top of my house...in 2003 I think. Was a tornado however. My back yard willow felled it's top on my roof but from the opposite direction and not uprooted.

Kb I'm actually glad it wasn't cold enough here in North Jersey for a humdinger of a bombogenesis Nor'easter.

If the temps had been around 25° last night lets say _ 5.1 inches of rain could have meant about 66 inches or 5.5 feet of snow !  ::)

I would have been digging out like a kbshcb in MN last year.  ;)   :-*
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #12320 on: December 18, 2023, 02:20:12 PM »

BL - good information, I didn't know that that was the potential! Whew....

BrokenLug

« Reply #12321 on: December 18, 2023, 02:31:09 PM »

Here's a live EarthCam view of the Great Falls in Paterson, NJ.

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/newjersey/paterson/?cam=patersonfalls

An amazing amount of America's history is centered right here.  8)

https://mapper.acme.com/?ll=40.91624,-74.18123&z=14&t=C&marker0=40.91622%2C-74.18137%2CGreat%20Falls%20Paterson%5C%2C%20NJ

The Passaic River is raging over it right now and I suspect it won't crest for another 36 hrs at least.
https://www.nps.gov/pagr/index.htm
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 04:38:52 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #12322 on: December 18, 2023, 03:28:12 PM »

bounce

Aw... Dewey. Just thinking of seeing Rosie next week (without Zeus) brings me to tears.

BL... wow!

OK... Here are the name tag and ornament
         the tree with just lights
         most of our Pooh ornaments (our first, from 2000, is the tiny one in center front, this year's is the larger snowman being hugged)

TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #12323 on: December 18, 2023, 04:11:49 PM »

Trail cam photo of what is pretty sure Rutt, the moose on the loose. Perham, MN. Hasn't moved much north for the last 3 weeks although the Rut is over. People speculating he may be hanging out here for the time being.
Read all of the comments and pretty sure this is him.

BrokenLug

« Reply #12324 on: December 18, 2023, 04:54:44 PM »

kb he's just so sexy it's hard to be really sure.   ;)

I'll add Rutt the Moose to the map north of the Perham, MN
Near little and big Pine Lakes North of Perham, MN after the site Mods can actually verify it's actually Rutt.   ;)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 06:21:47 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #12325 on: December 18, 2023, 05:15:32 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!
Waving to ALL the Beakers!
  :)

T-Rex is getting in the Christmas spirit in London!  :D :-*

and, ruh-roh on those toasty warm scarves for the Snowman!   :o ;D ;)

I walked 34 minutes today - severe clear skies here today.  ;)  All good at my place. Some places south of me took it pretty hard on the chin, however.  Prayers for all who have suffered loss from the recent storms, far and wide.

BL, glad you and Pip and all at your place are safe and sound. I watched pics and vids from Paterson, NJ this morning.  Cyclonogenesis - so glad it wasn't snow!!! Loved your story of Christmas past at your parents' wonderful home - and all the great fun with a big crowd of family, and love and laughs abounding - beautiful memories, for sure.  :-*

Karen, so glad no severe weather hit around you, and all the ponding water is soaking in.  You and Piper keep on keeping on, and enjoy the lights, special treats, decorations, and neighborly Christmas time.  :) :-*

Phyl, congrats on your Nasa Passport!  I visit their website often, and watch most of the launches - I get to see some of the launched crafts "fly" by my home, along their way up the Eastern coastline, from their Space Coast launches. (Ditto with some of the SpaceX launches from FL, too.) If the data from Jupiter's water-moon, Europa, comes back as conducive for human habitation, will you move there?   ;) :D  It's always exciting to see all the discoveries from the many space probes, launches, and related science. I love all that stuff.  :)

Clynn, fun pics from Christmas with Erin's!!  Great pics of the kids!  They are happy!!  :D :-* :-*  Air hockey table - YES!  Let the fun begin!  I remember playing that back when.  Yum on the Cheddar Bay biscuits!!  I loved your report and pic of finding Becky's old box of "Barbie dolls" from the Wayback Machine! - no Barbie, and Ken, off with his head!!!  LOL!!  She's going to love getting it!!  I can't wait to hear what she has to say about that Ken doll situation.  LOLOL!   :D  I LOVE the London Christmas Tree Rental project!!!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

TSK, awww... Lucy said, "We're almost there!"  :-*  Lulu keeping you company and supervising the new puzzle...  :-*  waiting to see if she is one of the kitties in it?  If you finish and you're missing one piece, she might know where it is.  ;) :D

Lani, I love the Santa hats on the cacti!  So glad you used to do that, too!  :D  Thanks for the Royal Albies report!  :-* :-* :-*  I hope Mike's trip goes well - any news on when he might get his shot for his back?  So glad Aly and Dewey are there, and all are safe, and all tails-a-wagging!  Dewey knows when the pines signal they're getting close!  Sadie welcoming Dewey with lots of tail wagging and slobbery kisses - THAT'S the real sign... true friends forever.  :) :-* :-* Did you say Shannon will be there for Christmas, too?  Your house is filling up!   :) :-* :-*  It looks like rain and snow is coming your way - snow for the upper elevations - wonder if you will have a white Christmas!!

E4E, sooo glad to hear you got some rain - I know it's needed.  I saw the weather forecast for your part of the world, and it looks like you have more rain on the way this week! But hopefully not the kind that will spoil any of your plans.  :-*

Lisa, I'm so glad you got across THAT bridge   :o  and back, all a-okay!!  Glad B&K got all moved, and the kitties are busy discovering all there is to discover in their new home.  I bet Sydney is snug-as-a-bug in her new abode.  :) :-* :-*  Oh, tell Jeff, I will take some of his hot-n-fresh homemade peanut butter cookies and oatmeal scotchies! Mmm!  :D

Take care, All. Peace. SED.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2023, 05:24:38 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #12326 on: December 18, 2023, 05:40:58 PM »

Tsk - Have fun with your kitty puzzle - perfect time of year for enjoying puzzles!   That's right - you've had Lulu almost a year now!!  It is nice that she was happy just to be up on the table letting you do all the 'work'! ;D
Liked the story of how Lucy used to know when you would all be home soon!!  Pets really are so smart. :)    My pets in the past knew too when we would be home soon. :)

Karen - Wow lots of rain yesterday for you!  Hope Piper didn't insist on going out. ;)

BL - That is LOTS of rain - thanks for updating Karen!    Oh my gosh, just read about your situation.  Glad you have power and no trees down is excellent.  You & Pip and Kopje stay safe (hope I spelled the name correctly).

Tig - What a fun way for those folks to name their trees for Christmas!

Lani - Have a wonderful time with Aly & Dewey back at home for the holidays!!  Glad Mike will be back home at the end of this week so that he can start enjoying too!! ;D     Darling pups in your nite post!
Hope you had a good appt at your Dentist today - maybe just a cleaning?
Thanks for posting Albatross update.  Nice that the grass was left long for privacy!

Phyl - Cute elves in your morning post!   Thank you for Amy's blog.  Cute winter walk in 365.   Excited for you and the Nasa's Europa Clipper spacecraft message in a bottle!!!

Clynn - Understandable you didn't get many pictures of the Munchkins and all the present opening - such a fun & exciting time!!! ;D   Squishmallows! :)
They will have such fun with the Air Hockey Table!!
Thank you for Igloo dining link!! I understand it now.  It sure sounds like lots of fun!!
Amazing and sad to see all the folks we lost in 2023.
Always a great thing to rent a Christmas tree. :)

Kb - Cute horsie!  It seems you sure know how to keep warm walking in chilly temps!   Does Ollie mind wearing a jacket or sweater?   Nothing gets by your Ollie Man!  I see the black thing up there in your picture!  Maybe it is a flattened balloon(?)

LisaG - Lucky you, that Jeff likes to bake cookies!!! ;D  Bet your home smells so yummy!!   Glad the 'kids' are settling into their new home and kitties are all good!!

Tig - Beautiful lovely Christmas tree!!!  Beautiful Pooh ornaments. ;D

Hi Puff, Og, Lori, Bazi  :)

Beakers have a nice evening - stay warm & safe.  We got .25" of rain so far, but more is forecast for this evening.  I hope so.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12327 on: December 18, 2023, 06:23:00 PM »

BL  Wow  Some rough times for you there.  Glad you got through it and still have a roof!  The fact that you still have power is amazing enough.   YES  Rain definitely better than what could have happened.  Are you directly impacted by the overflowing of the Passaic river?

KB  That Ollie is something else to spot that so high up

TIG   Who carries the Pooh ornaments?  Do you order those on line?  Great collection.  ;D

BAZI   scarves came right out of the dryer  LOLOL

LISA   Yay on your bridge trip today.  Can you take a pic of Jeff's cookie array?  I'm interested in the fruitcake one . ;D
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #12328 on: December 18, 2023, 06:28:05 PM »

CLynn I'll take the cookie and hot cinnamon tea; Great snaps of the Munchkins -that Hockey Table will get alot of attention.  Talon's science kit looks like some fun.  I've seen the Red Lobster mix for cheddarbay biscuts. I found their reciepe for tartar sauce and I make it for us on 'fish/seafood' night.  The talent we lost this year ---many recognize---the one that upset me the most was Matthew Perry--for some reason. Not a real fan, but did enjoy his acting. Renting a tree in a pot is a good idea.

Tsk me thinks that Lulu may be a fan of puzzling like Maggie is of computer games. She's gets so into that she'll play along with her paw as if to say 'this one'. My little fur ball is never wrong!

Eagles  Awwwww Pig Pen.  Thanks. Be so cool if after the info was gathered NASA would just let Europa Clipper drift out into deep space---aliens find it and check it out then  come to Earth to find the Earthlings who belong the microchips. But that'd be so far in time one direction or the other,  that aliens  no can locate.  ;D

KB handsome Icelandic horse; cats are no different that dogs on many points.

Lani here's to a good dental outcome-my  dentist is 'retiring' next spring.  I'm really gonna miss Doc   Many thanks for the Royal  Albie update. Finally the name code is decoded.  ;)
When I was a little girl the families would string Christmas lights on the cacti .

BL glad you and Pip are safe; getting lots of rain you are and Saddle River, well let's hope it doesn't swell much more. Y'all take care.

{{{Tig/Camper}}} this year will be rough without Zeus for sure. But  you still have Rosie and she has lots to give. That's great idea to have those tree tags from the farm too. Thanks for the snaps.

Bazi   the congrats comes from being selected to add my name to NASA's Message in a Bottle and the honor of having my hyphenated name etched on one on the 100's of thousands of microchips that make up the Europa Clipper.  I knew one way or the other I'd get in to Outer Space and beyond---even if in name only.   LOL
Glad you and Zippo are well
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 09:55:52 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #12329 on: December 18, 2023, 06:44:42 PM »

SEDs Everyone...                                   

🙏 's