Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471029 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12196 on: December 14, 2023, 05:49:12 AM »

Flashback:

Mall Shopping in the 1950s

https://www.history.com/topics/1950s/flashback-mall-shopping-in-the-1950s-video?cmpid=email-hist-inside-history-onequestion-2023-1124-11242023&om_rid=

Who Invented the TV Dinner?
It came. It thawed. It conquered. Along the way, the frozen meal in a box had multiple creators.

https://www.history.com/news/tv-dinner-history-inventor

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #12197 on: December 14, 2023, 06:32:18 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - Yea, the apartment is where I went yesterday.  Bradley needed a few more boxes to pack up some things for the movers, and I had some nice big Chewy boxes, Amazon boxes, and a huge box that a cat condo was delivered in the day before.

Phyl - Yay, on your good report from your hematologist.   Thanks for 365, and RRP post.  Ahh, TV dinners....loved the ones that had the lil dessert in them.

E4E - Love that good night pic.

karen - Sorry about the online form.  I hope you eventually got it all worked out. 

Lani - I hope that is all it is with Sydney, cause I am getting a complex.

kbshcb

« Reply #12198 on: December 14, 2023, 07:04:43 AM »

Awe....Morning all!

oldguy - thank you for all the research on the Ting sensor and State Farm's involvement. I myself opened State Farm's main website and there were a lot of drop down question and answers under the Ting section. For me, it's almost like it's Too Good to be True. I wish there were more expert reviews somewhere. I am waiting for a week or more to watch and see if anyone in my city's fb group asks a question about it as there are quite a few State Farm homeowners and even my own agent posts on it.
State Farm did state no false positives with this sensor and a 3 year free subscription? What's to lose I ask myself but will wait and watch for more info.

This baby owl was found 4 days after they cut and put up their Christmas tree by a carpet cleaner in their house when they went away...Geesh, the article states the guy released the BABY owl in a nearby forest area. Wish he'd instead taken it back to the Christmas Tree Farm or a rehab facility. My first thought was how can that baby owl survive on it's own
https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/yuletide-owl-found-roosting-kentucky-familys-christmas-tree-for-days-before-being-found

Heading up to 49/50 degrees above today!....Mercifully.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12199 on: December 14, 2023, 07:20:35 AM »

HI EVERYONE

PHYL  Great news from the hematologist  :)   Thanks for Amy's blog.  365  oyster catchers - one legged standing when not busy  ;)  The Hillsdale shopping center 1956 was a great piece.  ;D   TV dinner - as kids we were so excited to get a TV dinner when the baby sitter came and Mom and Dad were going out for the night  LOL

OLDGUY   Thanks for doing the research and keeping us safe  :)

KAREN   Not familiar with dog care but don't you get heart worm med from vet?

LANI   Enjoyed the basket of pups last night  ;)

LISA    Great AM gingerbread/cocoa cup.  :D   You got a new cat condo ?

KB   WOW  nice AM photo of shepherd+   Agree about the owl!!!

Off to Milwaukee this AM for Xmas lunch with my bros and SILs.  Have a good day everyone  BBL
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #12200 on: December 14, 2023, 07:49:32 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, love reading about the old days...malls and tv dinners! Malls are dying, back to strip malls all over the place. Love seeing all those big old cars in the parking lot! The roads and parking spots were so narrow back then and the cars were like boats.  :o :o  Hooray for your great hematologist report, and your nose is doing fine! Loved watching Mr. North catching and eating his catch! The sounds in the video are wonderful! Great morning pic!

Lisa, you have been so busy! I think Sydney's tears were because she didn't get to be held by Grandma Lisa! And all this activity is scaring her! I bet after things are settled in you will get a big smile from her! Love your cocoa with the Gingerbread Man!

Lani, I remember that Kona is not very sociable, but you have the issue solved! I am so glad Sadie and Dewey will have a good bit of time together! Does Shannon stay the night on Christmas Eve, or does she drive from the valley on Christmas Day? We will leave for Mom's on the 22nd and return on the 27th.

E4E, it is a good thing to have good neighbors! The ladies across the street are our good neighbors, they take care of my cat (s) when we go to Mom's. I often take lasagna over to them when Kelsey makes it, they love it!

baz, love that sweet bunny in the wool coat!

kb, love the German Shepherd with her little one!

tsk, hope you have a great time with your WI family!

Woodstock Reunion Concert                                                    Shawnee National Forest, IL  It's nest addition time.. the nest continues to grow.  Alexander County

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #12201 on: December 14, 2023, 08:21:26 AM »

Good reminder Phyl. Southdale in Edina MN, only 1/4 or less miles away from where I live now was the First fully enclosed, climate controlled mall in the country built in 1956
I worked there at Bachman's Floral a retail outlet of their much larger garden/agricultural facilities.
The door I walked in to get to work is just to the right of the right most section of then Daytons.
Started there at 16 and worked on weekends during the school year for a few years.

At a younger age Southdale was THE place to go hang out. A semi indoor zoo, birds in cages, grocery store, vendors in the middle and tons of shopping with the four corners comprised of Pennys, Donaldsons, Daytons and one other I forgot, the biggies if I remember correctly.

It's currently a shell of it's former self :(

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12202 on: December 14, 2023, 10:34:46 AM »

Royal Albatross 💗 Welcome Our Royalcam Couple LGK & LGL For the 2023-2024 Season 💗 12.13.23
Live cam  ;D
https://www.allaboutbirds.org/cams/royal-albatross/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xlFJNGquCM

3,841 views  Dec 13, 2023
Welcome back for the new 2023-2024 season for our Royalcam couple LGK & LGL!! ♥
This year we have our stars at Top Flat and an extra bonus couple of WYL & BOK right next to them at Top Flat Track in view! Double the fun again!! Here is the new Meet the Royal family page with updated information https://www.doc.govt.nz/nature/native...

From Sharyn Broni " Currently, on view are LGK (male, left nest at Top Flat, on for 3 days) and BOK (female, right nest at Top Flat Track, on nest for 1 day). The grass has not been cut between Top Flat and Top Flat Track to give the less experienced pair some privacy. WYL and BOK have incubated an egg previously but have never raised a chick. Minimizing stress for them with some privacy from their neighbours is helpful for younger pairs. We will still see changeovers and the parent stretching etc. The grass will die down as the season progresses also. "

Enjoy some coverage and closeups of LGK and a glimpse at BOK to the right. Also LGK gets two visits today - the first one is from a no color banded albie (non breeder) who is very affectionate and preens LGK at 06:46. We get to see the RC egg at 02:36 &10:46 and the next visitor is LWK at 12:44. LWK is bereaved this season so hopefully he will find a new mate. LWK is the son of OGK and YRK and Dad of Plateau chick from Tiaki's season 2021. Thank you for watching!

Video captured & edited by Lady Hawk
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12203 on: December 14, 2023, 11:04:17 AM »

Good morning Beakers!
Hi Emyrauld, Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Clynn, Shannon never leaves her 13 year old dog alone at night, unless she gets a sitter when she leaves on a trip. She'll have Christmas Day dinner with us... Love the awesome eagle nest... Woodstock Reunion! LOL!!!

Tsk, Have a lovely day with your family and safe travels  :-*

Kb, Sweet mama shepherd and pup..... oh geez! I can't read the owl story, and I agree with you.  :'(

{{{Lisa}}}, I'm sure she's feeling unsettled right now. Many strange things are happening, babies sense things. Are you helping with sitting duties while they are moving?

Phyl, Thanks for RRP blog, fun video of Mr North doing nestorations with one large branch.  ;D I thought he had it perfect three or four times.... sweet oystercatchers... very interesting Birdseye vision of who invented TV dinners! I always thought it was Swanson.  ;D ... continued prayers for good news from your doctors.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

LisaG1967

« Reply #12204 on: December 14, 2023, 12:00:09 PM »

kb - Aww, I wish they would have taken the owl to a rehab place, too.

tsk - Yea, the kitties got a new cat condo for Christmas.  They first day neither one would get on it, second day both are trying to get in the bed, so they can see out of the window.  It is hard to find a cat condo that is a certain height where the cats can see out of the living room window.  Enjoy your Christmas lunch with Bros and SIL's!

clynn - I am trying to be positive about the Sydney situation when I go see her, but it is getting to me a lil.  I keep thinking...am I that scary looking?  Is it my hair?  My glasses? WHAT?!?!?!
Wowza, that nest!

Lani - Thanks for the Royal update.  I am glad I can come here to the Beak, and you all know how to make a girl feel better.  I wasn't asked to help out with the sitting on moving day.  I am sure Kelly will be the one doing the sitting.  She wanted to make sure the movers did everything, so she didn't have to do anything. 

LisaG1967

« Reply #12205 on: December 14, 2023, 12:12:20 PM »

Kb - Thought you would like this.  Wreaths Across America should be heading behind my house today, about an hour ago they were in Middletown, Delaware.  They will stay the night parked at the American Legion by the bridge, and then head out tomorrow morning for Arlington after being served breakfast. 

https://www.facebook.com/WAAHQ/videos/384743767230371

kbshcb

« Reply #12206 on: December 14, 2023, 12:23:04 PM »

Kb - Thought you would like this.  Wreaths Across America should be heading behind my house today, about an hour ago they were in Middletown, Delaware.  They will stay the night parked at the American Legion by the bridge, and then head out tomorrow morning for Arlington after being served breakfast. 

https://www.facebook.com/WAAHQ/videos/384743767230371

Yes, Lisa - I now pay for one specifically delivered to Scott every year. Doing it the way I do a sponsor also gets a few dollars from each wreath that signs up the way I do. A mom, Justice for Jonathan, whom I indirectly know, son was murdered in our city on a fourth of July. He was just walking home from our street dance. I'm happy to help her as well. No suspect has ever been found and it's been now many years.

I so love this btw...

BrokenLug

« Reply #12207 on: December 14, 2023, 12:51:58 PM »

clynn - I am trying to be positive about the Sydney situation when I go see her, but it is getting to me a lil.  I keep thinking...am I that scary looking?  Is it my hair?  My glasses? WHAT?!?!?!
Wowza, that nest!

I wouldn't read too much into the Sydney thing LisaG.
There are a lot of changes occurring in her new little world right now and she's only xx months old.

The wee ones just get cranky at that age from one minute to the next.   :-*
Once the "dust settles" and a smooth daily routine is reestablished she'll be right as rain again.   8)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 01:00:08 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #12208 on: December 14, 2023, 01:22:53 PM »

Today's low 45 - high 69

Karen - It can be a little frustrating sometimes in filling out Forms.  You & Piper have a nice day  :)

Puff - I remember you telling of this special moment at the store, but it is so nice to hear it again in more detail!!  What a special person you met that day.  It is a beautiful holiday decoration!!  I can tell that you will forever cherish meeting that nice lady that day.

Tig - What a powerful story of your Mom and the visiting poodle named Indy.  You are so right about the 'welcoming' - your story gave me chills.  I get chills when something really touches my heart.

Kb - Gorgeous pic yesterday of red shouldered hawk.

Tsk - Glad it worked out perfectly that Tim was home yesterday when the Plumber showed up early!

LisaG - Hope you get that refund in a timely manner and that you receive the jacket soon!   I read what you said to Lani; and I agree with Lani! :)

Phyl - So glad you got a good report on the healing of your nose!  You are taking good care. :)   Liked Oystercatchers in 365!   Love the flashbacks!! ;D

BL - Very good what you are saying to LisaG - so true.

Hi Baz, Clynn, Lori, Og  :)

Got to finish getting ready to have a friend arrive here in about 45 minutes!  We have been friends since 1985.  We used to work together.  We are both retired now.  We are going out to lunch at a nearby Olive Garden!

Beakers have a nice day  :)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #12209 on: December 14, 2023, 03:20:19 PM »

Lani, looks like it's cool and rainy on the Royal cam!  I couldn't find the 'Meet the Royal Family' on that link, can you tell me how to get there? Love listening to the sounds on the cam...

E4E, I love getting together with old friends from work! Vesselina is from Bulgaria and we both started working at WF in 1996, we have been good friends for a long time. She calls me her American Mom! Her Mother sadly passed away this past April, she was a year younger than me. We will get together, Vessy and I and Tim, after the holidays! Tim was the manager whose place I took, he lives in Tucson AZ now. Both of them are still working at WF, I am the slacker.... ;D ;D

Lisa, a new condo for Bandit and Misty! Cats love looking out the window, the back of our couch is where Honey just sat and watched the squirrels and birds.... NO, you are NOT scary looking!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown