Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470731 times)

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #12090 on: December 10, 2023, 06:13:29 PM »

bounce

SKOL. !!!!  It was ugly, but, a win is a win!

SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #12091 on: December 10, 2023, 06:38:05 PM »

KB we went grocery shoppihg today. What a cloudy gray depressing day!  Good escape for you on tornado.  Happy  191st Birthday to Jonathan!
Great video of osprey catching a barracuda from ocean. Enjoy your game

Lori cute greeting, thanks. Jim would love those last 3 KKs

{{{Karen}}}

Lani darling Shiz-Tsu (sp) in habit.

Bazi  Good news on your other sis.    Enjoy your game

Eagles glad your sis is safe. Alot of folks skirted this one. I know you are relieved. Jim's got calls for his sons and sister Susan just since I've been in Beak this
evening

Lisa glad you beat the rain home...bed will be cozy

Tsk enjoyed your AM greeting; a cozy night for you as well.
 thank you and praises to Him for sure. In 22 yrs we've not been touched.

Although one year--- maybe our 3th here (?)---Jim still flying as Chief Pilot/Dept Head  for Doane Pet Care Inc in Breantwood and gone to Dallas for the week. It was a Friday and about 4pm I was getting  dinner as Jim'd be home too late to go out as we usually did on Friday's. The cats (Mike/Maggie) napping in the guest room as always. I was doing my cooking  'thing' and thought I heard
a strange out of this world noise. I stopped  knowing there was a tornado on the prowl and suspecting a funnel to touch down...suddenly a deadly silence--- and that pumpkin-colored sky was developing from the distant horizon. And yes I went on the deck and looked out to the distance...then the gurling...I looked up and straight  into the eye directly above our house and neighbors. No one else was home on the block. Just me the cats and God.  I was awestruck for a moment, that moment seemed to last forever---it didn't as I darted back in, secured the door set everything off the stove cut the power ot the burner, shoved the pans insed the oven.  The coat closet was just underneath the staris I threw the coats on hanger, vaccum cleaner, , attachments wellies and all into the livingroom, grabbed rope from the garage to secure the  closet door from inside, ran upstairs, grabbed my purse /cell phone and already packed travel bag, back down ---opened the pet carriers and ran back up for Mike as he's the quietest, secured him, back up for Maggie, back down with her and secured her quickly placed both in the back of the 
closet with purse travel bag and a bottle of water. Then opend a couple of  windows. Locked  us all inside and secured the door with the rope as best I could.
Left a message for Jim on his office machine. Waited. It was silent save for Maggie's catawalling--it was incessent.   My watch kept me current with the time.  A couple of hours later my phone rang---Jim. "Where are you? " I told him everything. I could hear him smile. He' said 'We've landed  at Signature (Nashville's FBO). (The Nash Inter'l Airport is just a few miles from our house).  Honey, the all clear has sounded. It's safe. I'll be home after Rodney, Rod and I secure  the plaine.."
I had untied the door and used the little key to unlock from inside.  Let the cats out of their carriers and began putting everything back.  Turned the TV on and tuned to WSMV for the latest...LaVerne had been hit--- But, no fatalities!   ;)    The  almost touch down that could have been us, lifted and went to LaVerne instead.  :'(

« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 06:50:24 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12092 on: December 10, 2023, 06:49:06 PM »

Tig and all congrats on the  game win.  ;)

SEDs Folks...                                   

🙏 's     🙏 's

#IstandwithEvan

karengramke

« Reply #12093 on: December 10, 2023, 07:33:35 PM »

Phyl, quite a story!
Rain ending in 38 minutes!  Cooler days on the way!   
You have all been busy and now need to rest some!   Makes me feel guilty!
Lisa, your blood sugar must have dropped with all of that hard work!  Was
Sydney better today or still suffering the after affects of 4 vaccinations!  Poor little thing!

Lani, I will take the little nun!   Think may be a Shih Tzu!  Lol!

All have a good night and hopefully a rain free day tomorrow!  Ahh, Bears and Saints won!     Seds
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 09:20:35 AM by karengramke »

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #12094 on: December 10, 2023, 09:14:56 PM »

camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #12095 on: December 10, 2023, 11:58:58 PM »

Baz, glad to hear your TN sister is okay.... you and Zippoi be safe.

Kb, beautiful osprey! They are amazing fisherman....yes, it was too close of game.... too bad they couldn't have had the last touchdown!

Lisa, I hope Sydney is doing well today after 4 shots, as well as her mom and dad after all their hard work. They must be exhausted....  I've ended up with a cold.... when are the kids supposed to be out of their home? Take care.

Tsk, glad you like Sister Mary Francis.... you've had a long day... take care.

Phyl, goodness what a story. Glad all was well in the end.

{{{SED Eagles, Karen and Piper}}} :)

Tig, smart woodpecker ... congrats on the game.  ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Phyl and Jim, Karen and Piper, Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Tim and Tsk, Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Siamese mother and kittens, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

« Reply #12096 on: December 11, 2023, 03:45:43 AM »

...and Happy Monday Folks !

Currently 35F, rain /snow showers   High  47F sunny,  Low 28 F rain/show showers

Fell asleep downstairs after setting up Jim's breakfast and all---woke up it was 2:47am . Was still up,  so why not post...
Jim is on a new schedule at work and going in earlier than before. My guy isn't always eating his breakfast. Am I gonna
'have to' either stay up or get up  to supervise and make sure he eats?  :P

{{{Lani}}} so sorry you have a cold now.  Jim and I swear by 'Zicam'.  Hope you have some on hand...it works! Chicken soup,too.

Tsk was watching the 'Sister Act' movies--- 'Mary Clarence'   and Lani's 'sister Mary Francis'

Tig really enjoyed the short video from  Cornell Uni w/ wood pecker and Cooper's Hawk. Thanks

Hi Puff  :)

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12097 on: December 11, 2023, 03:49:56 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

December 10, 2023: News and NestFlix from Decorah North and the Mississippi Flyway!

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/12/10/december-10-2023-news-and-nestflix-from-decorah-north-and-the-mississippi-flyway/

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #12098 on: December 11, 2023, 03:53:35 AM »

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #12099 on: December 11, 2023, 06:04:24 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Finally got the Christmas tree decorated and all of the rest of the decor around the house!  I am so late this year, with Erin being gone the weekend after Thanksgiving and Ed/Kelsey being gone to Springfield the next weekend! I didn't put everything out this year since we will be gone starting the 22nd.  Christmas with Erin's this coming weekend!

Phyl, I know that feeling, might as well get up, take a nap later! My elf name is Jolly Kissy Face! The Norths look beautiful in Amy's Blog! Wow, your harrowing story of the approaching tornado! I had a similar incident back in the 70's! We lived in an old wood frame farm house on top of a hill, we gathered the cat and some blankets and went to an outbuilding off the barn that was made of stone blocks. We sat in there (with rats, I am sure) until the wind died down. Wonderful good morning pic!

Lani, sorry to hear you have a cold! Dang! I am sure that didn't help you get rested up yesterday! You are finding the cutest church critters!

tig, enjoyed the video of the woodpecker and the hawk!

karen, still getting rain?

Lori, great critter pics! And always a good snack! Hope your Mom, Dad and Grandma are all doing well, and you and Destini!

baz, glad to hear your Mountain sis is safe! I have a cousin in Cookeville, TN, no news so I assume they are fine.

E4E, how is everyone doing in your world? Well, I hope! Mom and Sis okay? Glad they are close enough that you can help...

Lisa, I bet you and Jeff were just worn out when the move was done! Are you also going to help when the furniture gets delivered?

Albanus Kiswili  ยท The town of Whittier, Alaska, is known for having nearly the entire population living in a single apartment building.
The building is called Begich Towers, a 14-story apartment complex that houses about 90% of the town's residents (total: 272). This has earned Whittier the nickname of a "town under one roof".
The building, originally constructed as an army barracks, now serves as a cozy condominium featuring a post office, general store, police station, laundromat, health clinic, mayor's office, and a heated indoor pool.
Whittier, Alaska is accessible only by air or through a single-lane tunnel that stretches over two miles through neighboring Maynard Mountain. The town's weather conditions can be harsh during winter, making the Begich Towers a convenient and practical living solution for the residents.
In addition to the Begich Towers, there is a second condo building in the town where the remaining residents live. The town's school and gym are located in a separate structure but are connected to the Begich Towers by a tunnel, allowing for easy access during the winter months.

The perfect place...

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Puff

« Reply #12100 on: December 11, 2023, 07:00:34 AM »

Phyl  Good for you - tension seems to have faded away after yesterday's test.  Body says "can I take a break now."  Make today an easier day, you've earned it.

I don't know why but my inner clock told me OK you've had enough - woke up wide awake about 3.  Did some reading - now checking in with posts - and there you are greeting me.   ;D

Enjoy!  It is better today.

P

kbshcb

« Reply #12101 on: December 11, 2023, 07:14:12 AM »

What is you?....oh I see, under your hat you is an otter, LOL.

Morning all,

Yes, tig, it was one of the ugliest FB games I've ever watched. But, hey, we are now on our 3rd QB, lost our star WR after his first drive once again, lost many other players to injury. Hmm, I may be wrong, but I remember the Raiders in the past being shall we say, aggressive?

And, because tis the season: A feel good vid:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1732713610827149779

Later.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #12102 on: December 11, 2023, 07:18:04 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

PHYL   Pretty scary experience I would say.  You had a lot to do in just a few minutes!  Nice table setting this AM.  Loved the " Sister Act" movies   ;D    Tinker Twinkle Toes  ;) ;)

KAREN   Would be nice for you to have a sun shiny day today.  :)

TIG   Wow  amazing footage of that hairy hiding from the Coopers hawk  :o

LANI   I'm barely hanging in there my self - Living on Tylenol and Aleve  LOL  Can't wait til this week is over - Too much going on.

CLYNN   Glad you cut back on decorations.  Timing not quite right this year.   Saw the "town under one roof" story the other day.  Everyone knows everyone - Hope there's a doctor among them in that health clinic.  LOL  Fascinating story.
I'll coose the "perfect place"  Nice contrast.

KB   Otter way too cute  LOL   Perfect "affection" video.  so true .    Have fond memories today of your wedding day so many years ago.   :-* :-*

Girls party today at noon.   See you all later. size]
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 07:22:09 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

BrokenLug

« Reply #12103 on: December 11, 2023, 07:29:15 AM »

Glad to here the Beakers and their extended family/friends are checking in with reports that all seem A-OK from the storms.   :)

That was a nasty outbreak .. let it load, it will ..

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/reports/?&all&date=20231209#

Here are the preliminary tornadoes that have been surveyed by the NWS .. click the black box at the top ..

https://apps.dat.noaa.gov/stormdamage/damageviewer/
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 07:36:43 AM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

kbshcb

« Reply #12104 on: December 11, 2023, 07:46:26 AM »

Thank you tsk - for remembering....Every and I mean every anniversary but for 2019 (the year he was diagnosed and undergoing lots of treatment) we went to a new and different restaurant. The last one we went to was my favorite: Colita...I still have the little ducky we got to take home with us.
https://www.colitampls.com/menu
It's only 10 blocks away from us and they have an entire wall behind the bar that is greenery.

Oh, something like fog/ice/snow?...falling from the sky right now. I need to take Ollie this morning for his toe nail clipping. Unexpected and this after a very slippery day yesterday evening. Hmm.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 07:52:25 AM by kbshcb »