Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471428 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11520 on: November 24, 2023, 06:52:56 AM »

Our moose has hit the National News:
https://www.insider.com/moose-on-the-loose-tracked-across-midwest-facebook-group-2023-11

Go Ruff!...hope you make it buddy.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11521 on: November 24, 2023, 07:22:18 AM »

GOOD MORNING

Hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday and safe driving for all who may be on the road today.

OLDGUY  Would be nice to know what all those beautiful hand gestures mean in dancing like that.   Santi - cats coming out of the woodwork.  Coming back to Claire...  Like the original Bee Gees Stayin Alive better  LOL   Thanks for Iceland update.  Don't work too hard today  ;)

KB  Moose on the loose.  He'll find his way  ;)
Chicagoland

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11522 on: November 24, 2023, 07:26:23 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...TGIF !   

Currently 34F  mostly cloudy,  High  36F  partly sunny,  Low 630F .

Brrrrrrrr!

Sure sounds like everyone had a very nice Thanksgiving celebration.  Safe return home Y'all.

Not much chow left for us ... tomorrow should finish it off.
Jim and I are  turkey junkies. He more  than I---think out of my share of the gobble-gobble I'll make a turkey sandwich maybe 'club' style.
Still gotta have cranberries on the side.

Go Ruff! Go!

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 07:57:56 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11524 on: November 24, 2023, 07:30:56 AM »

A pretty November sunrise over Great Spirit Bluff Falcons
Nov 24, 2023 7:29 AM
Camera Time: Nov 24, 2023 7:28 AM CST
Birchwoman

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #11525 on: November 24, 2023, 07:48:11 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, I was happy to hear that Shannon spent Thanksgiving with you! If I remember right, she often works on Thanksgiving so other families can be together... I told Erin about Sanibel and CROW,  it turns out they are on Marco Island which is about 65 miles and a boat trip from Sanibel. After watching the dancing in the Hawiian video oldguy posted I wondered if you learned and performed any of those dances when you were a young beautiful Hawiian girl?

oldguy, I had to chuckle, finished the 14 day diet in 3+ hours! LOLOL! I also had to chuckle at Claire thinking she has spoiled her cats!! She will never be able to be very stern with them, I am sure!! Maru and his boxes, and Hana adores him! You will be busy today! That is if you can get around. I remember in Springfield, Ed's sister Peggy and I got up and went to Menards at 5:00 AM for the Black Friday deals one year. We could hardly move, the checkout lines snaked all around the store. Seems like it was a smaller store than the ones we have now. That would have been back in the 90s.

I noticed in Claire's video, one of these:  https://www.amazon.com/QQ-Acrylic-Keyboard-Protector-Anti-Cat/dp/B07WWBFL6J

Lisa, glad you got to have some good Grammy time with Sydney! Saw your pictures on FB, your food looks delish, are those stuffing balls? If you don't post a pic or two of Sydney I will!  You have to know we need to keep track of her growing up! Remember Bella at that age? Time flies by so quickly!

kb, wonder where Ruff will end up? I also hope he makes it! Kind of scary though, hope he doesn't try to cross I80 or I90!

Phyl, lots of good info on Gryndivik, I hope they are able to return or can rebuild somewhere close by, such a pretty and clean little town. They will have to fix that big crack in the road if they return! Maybe a bridge over it!  365 -I hope the birds stopped by my crabapple, it was loaded! We had turkey and noodles last night, still enough turkey left for sandwiches for lunch! 23 here now, high 33 today. Must be a cold snap across the country! Best GSB sunrise view yet! Perfect timing, the day is awakening!

karen, you had a good Thanksgiving! And the Vet is coming to help you put up your decorations, so nice of her! Does she have a name or do you just call her the Vet? We have been busy taking care of Erin's dog and cats while they are gone. Three times a day, because his boxer is so attached to him and probably pining... I think Erin has some kind of video thing that he can check on him, don't know if he can talk to him. Anyway, he is a big baby...

tsk, glad to hear you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day with your guests, and oh the wonderful feeling of having everything cleaned up and in your jammies!

Wild Heart Ranch - Still waiting on our blower motor to get the heat on. Mini splits and our emergency space heaters are keeping up. Keebler has figured it out though. 💚

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #11526 on: November 24, 2023, 08:33:07 AM »

clynn - He's already made it across 80 and 90 and now Highway 10 in Central MN.
In 2018 as the article states a different Moose being tracked and not where it was supposed to be, was hit and killed on a highway/road.

This guy, named Ruff, was starting to be tracked at the Iowa/MN border so he's gone a long way already. I assume he's headed to north of Brainerd at the very least.

Nobody knows why he was so far South and even thought to be in SD and ND....tis a mystery for them. And why he's attracted so much attention. 24,000 viewers last checked.

Phyl

« Reply #11527 on: November 24, 2023, 09:08:24 AM »

CLynn will always love that snap of Talon and little Bella. Thanks for update on Wild Heart Ranch. So funny/cute  Keebler the Lemur.  :-*
Hey Woody!
 Luv  your bittersweet centerpiece this AM. I always forget about it.  :(

KB tks for 'Ruff' update. I too wish him well and safety. The photo you posted today--he almost looks as if he's posing for the camera.

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #11528 on: November 24, 2023, 09:20:09 AM »

Phyl - indeed it does.

However this is not our guy...I just cut and pasted the picture embedded in the linked article. Other than that picture the article explains not all but the gist of Ruff's travels. The picture includes what looks like mountains. No mountains in MN...wish they wouldn't do that btw, but it probably gathers attention?

the pictures I've posted in the past here, have all been him on his fb page with followers and he's mostly been in fields so far...as he heads into the deeper forests well they may lose track of him.

I'll keep you all posted when he "lands" where he's headed....

LisaG1967

« Reply #11529 on: November 24, 2023, 09:45:44 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Late this morning, but had to go get blood work done, and of course the check-in iPads were not working, so things were a lil slow at Labcorp.

kb - Glad to hear that your roast stew turned out great.

Phyl;D the turkey carving funny! We don't have much of the chow left either, after Kelly & Bradley took some home.  Thanks for the 365. 

tsk - Glad to hear a good time was had by all.  The home Bradley is buying has a basement too, and I think that might be the reason for the single car garage.  He said, the shed in the back is an Amish built one, has electric inside, and is really nice.

baz - Are you feeling better?

oldguy - Oh wow, long hours today at work.  I hope it goes by quickly for you.  Thanks for the videos.   ;D no uploading pics of your Thanksgiving meal.

Lani - I agree with you on the cooking for 3 is the same as 6.  I cooked for just us 4, and felt like I could have fed an army.  Glad that Shannon was able to join you all. 

clynn - I am glad I got to spend time with Sydney, too.  Yes, the stuffing balls got a lil too dark on top.   I was paying more attention to Sydney than the stuffing balls and forgot they were in oven.  ::)  Aww, I remember when I started the Beak, Bella being that small. 

A few pics of Sydney from yesterday

karengramke

« Reply #11530 on: November 24, 2023, 10:16:13 AM »

Good Morning!  I hate it when I eat a lot of food that is not very good and gain almost 2 pounds!   Lol!  I am a Thanksgiving food freak and used to be one of the best cooks around!  I am now one of the old ladies who cant cook!  Stuffing tasted ok but had too much broth in it and something  was not right about the green beans!  Not sure what.  Was a pretty good pie maker and like Mrs Smith!  In my attempt to buy a single slice I ended up with an Edwards pie!   Crust is a little thick!   Oh well!  The Cornish hen was very good.   The good thing is that the garbage disposal works!   Remind me that the grocery store sells prepared holiday dishes !
Clynn, Darling picture of Bella and Talon!      Vets
name is Amanda?  I call her, Dr. Hall and she still refers to me as Miss Gramke!   Not crazy about the arrangement but that is how  she seems to prefer it.   I had called her on Wednesday to let her know I had something here for her so she came between shifts at her business!   Gave her the lab boxwood Christmas  door swag!   She will hang it in the reception room at her  business!   Now I hope UPS finds the other one  I ordered and delivers it today!   Want it for my door!
When I looked at the picture of tge kids on the beach at
Sanibel, I thought it looked quite different than the  flatter sand and shells I remembered and thought perhals it was added sand after the hurricane!  Aha!   Wrong Beach!   They are across the  shore from Naples, not Ft Myers!
Phyl, did you get one of the small half turkey breasts fron the Publix Meat area?  I have cooked them before and thought about one of them and a few thighs for dinner but went with the hen!
Tig, what was on your menu yesterday?
Good football day yesterday!  Tsk, did you see Green Bay had  a surprising win?   Do you think the Pack is Back?
Enough of my  griping?  Bbl

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11531 on: November 24, 2023, 11:32:29 AM »

TGIF Beakers!
Hi Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #11532 on: November 24, 2023, 12:35:16 PM »

Remember this guy, Taho?....the man driving and a multiple car jacker was just sentenced to an 18 year Federal Prison term.
the woman who actually threw out Taho has yet to be sentenced. Her case is ongoing.

I'm happy for the long sentence so far...and it doesn't happen here as a State Case, but when the Feds take over it does. Our US atty, Andrew Luger is doing the right thing but he doesn't get many of the cases.
https://enewspaper.twincities.com/infinity/article_popover_share.aspx?guid=233c5c16-ce90-48c3-85ee-e1b99ccb405f&fbclid=IwAR3rl83rESR0S2oK4jqnVTEmJr4vD8XDejDh2DEPdB_0tsAk3R3io0xfwTA

BTW, our moose is Rutt not Ruff :D...Daily Mail also posted about his journey. Some suspect the Canadian Fires this summer drove him south. He's now north of Staples, MN. He's not yet of breeding age, btw.

BrokenLug

« Reply #11533 on: November 24, 2023, 12:55:32 PM »

Our moose has hit the National News:
https://www.insider.com/moose-on-the-loose-tracked-across-midwest-facebook-group-2023-11

Go RUTT ! ...hope you make it buddy.

Cool Kb.
The pic above sure looks like a AK moose to me.  :-\
I'm glad Rutt has cleared most of the major roads in that area as he heads north.
He shouldn't have to cross to many more if he's North of the Staples  -  Brainerd neck of the woods.  8)

Looks like he might be heading towards camperstig's fishing lake.   ;D
https://tinyurl.com/yqvhdwjn

Here's a NJ fellow named Turkules that caught a ride from the state to a much safer area of NJ just before Turkey Day.   :)

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/turkules-turkey-1.7038260

Here's a real picture of Rutt.
He definitely has a ways to go before he really gets into any true rutting behavior.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2023, 01:20:58 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #11534 on: November 24, 2023, 01:07:49 PM »

Yay Tahoe n Rutt !
We be chillin. Hot tub and a burger next.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)