Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470270 times)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11415 on: November 20, 2023, 04:41:20 PM »

LANI   The person setting up that dog Thanksgiving scene must have had a riot - Dogs look so nonplussed  LOL

TIG   I wouldn't want to mess with that Malinois!  So glad you have that pool to go to to help relax over used muscles.  I have a difficult time with long term standing ever since my surgery last March.  :P    You've got to find out more about that encampment!

EAGLES  Gosh to lose a paarent so close to the holidays is so hard.  HUGS
Chicagoland

oldguy

« Reply #11416 on: November 20, 2023, 05:30:18 PM »

Good Evening Beakers

We are getting 'some' precipt this afternoon, but so far not measurable - radar looks promising, but will see.

It is Thanksgiving week - so it gets busy at work starting tomorrow - 2 days to get everything Black Friday on the floor.

Still no lava appearance in Iceland, but they are getting a major influx of magma in to the 4-5 km below surface chambers/fractures - this has increased the number of earthquakes again and rapid lift of surface near the power plant.

Been working on some maintenance items around the house the past few days - still have some items left, but all inside.

The cards were very good Sat. night won 3 out of 3   :o

Here is a look back to Thanksgiving 1943...
A Military Thanksgiving during World War 2   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGKk4J3_yvA

Woman adopts cat, then comes the big surprise   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0JPyOntGzg

The two cat nannies helped me a lot   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxVEenUsa4c

Maru appeared from above and got the box   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cn8osFP8KA

Watch: "World's most dangerous bird" emerges from ocean   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_hLA-qUgag
10 CRAZY Cassowary Facts You Didn’t Know   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4Dky2zPJ2o

We Don't Need Anything This Year - The Petersens Original   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEYmvxLKRvk

It has been awhile since I posted this artist in Thailand ....
Still Loving You by 14 y/o Queen On Street   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_UeGBEmRjg

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Puff

« Reply #11417 on: November 20, 2023, 06:18:07 PM »

I love this season!  I mean I really LOVE all the traditions and reasons for going all out.  There is a delay of a couple day because of weather, but that can be worked around and through.

I can't recall who it was who listed some of her "necessities" she puts out and up.  I have 6 or 7 storage boxes in the garage just for Christmas and just for outside decor.  Inside there's my house specials waiting in various nooks and crowded.  So many memories and meanings in all.  Inside are - oh I can't list them all here or I'll still posting in January.  Going along with things #1 biggest  would have to be the Christmas tree in the rec room from those who have gifted and even made for me.  I love the small monk ornament my nephew made for us using a filbrant nut and his grandpa's electric drill (big deal for him).  Ornaments are things people have made and/or bought, lots of Anna Lee.  My fun additional thing has been to bring back an ornament from the places I've traveled, states and country.  I can't and won't keep talking about the tree--except to mention that Tony did the tree and lights.  Don't touch the ornaments, if you want to you can sit and listen to my dialog about each one as I hang it.  Usually he walked away as I started to cry, which I am doing now.  Along with #1 I have maybe 8 other smaller trees through the rooms.  Upstair on its own lighted pedestal is my mini tree with its likewise mini ornament collection.  My niece comes to help hang the glittery white snow flakes on the front of black velvet drapery panels.   Wreaths (5) hanging from doors, fireplace, walls, doors.  Can't forget my lady! Aunt Jo bought two raffle tickets at bingo, one I had asked her to get for me, please!  The one she handed to me was the winner.  About 30 years ago I became the guardian Madonna (the Lady) and Jesus, handcarved alabaster from Italy.  Each time I unfurl her from their fabric I think of Aunt Jo, since passed on, and how much fun she was.  Tears again.

Maybe, as someone suggested, I should write a book.  And, I'm going to mention someone (I don't remember who) gave me the itch to just mention all the collections I have to change things with the seasons/holidays.  Who were you?  Likewise I have linens kitchen and bath, center pieces, collections AnnaLee and Beanie Babies, coasters/placemats/napkins, knicknacks, lighted mini ornament trees, mugs and serving dishes, window displays/floral designs.  Hey listen, I've now bored you enough.  That's all - just remember it's only 8 rooms, no storage cuz downstairs is all finished, garage has only room for outdoor stuff, no outside storage shed.  I'm an expert stower of the goods. 

Honest admission of my collection of all this special stuff in my world today.  Thank God for my niece, neighbors, and friends.  They help at various times with various things.  The street's newest (2 yrs) couple across the street, Kelly and Adam came running up the drive asking to help with outside lights and stuff.  Looks like Wednesday and/or Friday due to holiday and weather.  It is truly a blessed holiday and a blessed group of neighbors.  I've already had Michael take out and garage the patio umbrella, Paul moved four urns in backyard to patio so I could tarp them over, Jordan is on call to bring hose/reel into garage.  Unbelieveable, super neighbors!

OK - I cede the forum back to its owners.  Didn't even get to overseeding topic.  ::)

P

« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 06:25:21 PM by Puff »

karengramke

« Reply #11418 on: November 20, 2023, 06:46:42 PM »

Tig what did you get from Panda express?  Have not been there for some time!
Eagles, sorry to hear about your father passing so close to Thanksgiving.  My mother died on July 4th!   Not a favorite holiday for me.

Fence is up and I hare it!  The rules call for 6 feet or less and I have an 8 foot wall!   Feel closed in!   Air For e y  are usually rule followers but these two are not!  I have a call in to the landscapers to put some landscaping timbers for the base of the fence!  Most fence panels are dog eared but these are just pieces of lumber.  Not attractive.

Have vertigo again!  Got a treatment today and will go back Monday for a recheck!

Have a good evening!  Seds

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11419 on: November 20, 2023, 06:56:01 PM »

OLDGUY   Ace card shark!   1943 Thanksgiving dinner  :o   That Bengal George - beauty and lucky he had an understanding owner.   Two cat nannies - very tolerant kitties  :o :o

PUFF   I was going to mention you need to hire a crew to decorate for Xmas but reading on I see a wonderful neighborhood crew that will do just that.  You must be an amazing stower as I can't imagine where you put everything LOL

KAREN  We have a code in out town - No fences ( backyard) higher than 6'  If your town has a code - You could complain.
  What is the material of the fence - all wood? so that you cannot see through it?
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #11420 on: November 20, 2023, 08:15:47 PM »

Tsk I am pretty sure there is a 6 foot rule here. Yes, the boards are close together, no light comes thru!  Problem is there is no hoa here, having been voted down ao I am not sure who enforces this!  The developer did the enforcing before he turned it over to the property owners who refused to assume responsibility.  Not sure I want to be the tattle tale!   Have to think on this and talk to some folks!

BrokenLug

« Reply #11421 on: November 20, 2023, 09:15:08 PM »

We'd like to head into a Tuesday with some Carlos Santana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m9wwP4LNOQ

« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 10:08:23 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #11422 on: November 20, 2023, 09:18:14 PM »

Karen, "BAD PARROT" ...  ;D ;D  Funny!  However, Zippo was not amused.  ??? :o

Tsk, thanks for posting Karen's funny joke.

Zippo, (her picture attached, from this past Saturday) has only a wordless stare in response to Karen's joke.   ;)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #11423 on: November 20, 2023, 09:26:49 PM »

Tig - Thank you for comfort  :-*     Yum, Panda Express!!

Tsk - Thank you so much. :-*

Oldguy - I knew you'd get 'em next time and you did;  you got 3 out of 3!!!!

Puff - Lots of wonderful memories {{Puff}} and precious keepsakes.

Karen - Thank you so much.  That year, my cousin invited us over to her house (2.25 hr drive, but completely worth it) and she & her husband cooked Thanksgiving dinner and we spent a couple of nights there.     Understandable how July 4th is not a good holiday for you - so sorry for your Mom passing - especially on such a celebratory holiday.  Hugs for you too.

Hi Baz!

BL - Carlos Santana!!

Beakers have a good evening.

baziunc

« Reply #11424 on: November 20, 2023, 10:22:15 PM »

LOL, BL!!! I can't blame Ralph.  ;) :D  I don't allow anyone to tell Zippo when any form of poultry is on the table here.  8)

Clynn, great pics of the Munchkins and Erin and Sydney. Fun times, good eats, and a birthday party with Thanksgiving dinner! Sounds good to me!  :D

Karen, your town's planning and building permit issuers would probably be the ones to enforce fence building codes and rules. Your Christmas decorations sound festive!

((E4E))

Oldguy, congrats on the wins at cards!  :D

Puff, nice neighbors!

Phyl, good pics of your bluebirds.

Tig, yum on your Chinese meal.

Lani, I'm watching the Kelce Bowl, er, I mean, the Chiefs/Eagls game. One minute left.  :(

Tsk, I saw a weather report that made it look like you might have some icy roads in the morning. Watch where you step, too!

Lisa, it sounds like you and Jeff had a yummy birthday dinner at the great seafood place.

Zippo and I are off to bed soon. I got in a nice 48-minute walk this afternoon.

Good night, Beakers. Peace. SED.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 10:24:58 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

BrokenLug

« Reply #11425 on: November 20, 2023, 10:26:32 PM »

baz your acing it.

Autumn walking is great for the Winter soul.
U. S. A.

baziunc

« Reply #11426 on: November 20, 2023, 10:28:05 PM »

baz your acing it.

Autumn walking is great for the Winter soul.

:)

« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 10:58:00 PM by baziunc »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11427 on: November 20, 2023, 11:43:00 PM »

Tig, Love the attack, poor teddy bear. LOL!

{{{Eagles}}} Sending prayers for you and your dad. I remember you writing about your dad.  :-* .... glad you had a nice weekend with your grandson.... {{{williwaw & Ivy}}}  :-*

Lisa, Eagles, Mike is back feeling as he did before he received his shot a year ago. I wish he hadn't waited so long. He can't see a doctor until the 7th, and after an MRI. Then he needs to get permission from insurance for the shot. He's wearing a back brace and its slowing going right now.

Oldguy, Congrats on the cards! I really enjoyed watching "Military Thanksgiving" I'm surprised about Eisenhower's order during the war.... my step-father was a cook on a Naval submarine in late 50's to 60's, then became Head Chef at Pearl Harbor Mess Hall. I gotta say, I'm sure the sailors were happy he didn't use that cookbook... his Thanksgiving dinners were the best! ... Praying for the Iceland residents.... our Milo is like George  ;D ... Thanks for videos of Queen, Petersons... Cassowary is a beautiful bird.

{{{Puff}}} Thank you for sharing with us. You have good friends and neighbors.  :)

{{{Karen}}} I can understand July 4th would be difficult.... The last time I talked to my mother was Mother's Day 1998.... we have building codes. Does your neighborhood have one for fence height? I just read your post to Tsk. I understand your concern.

Baz, yep, beautiful Zippo is not amused!  ;D

BL, thanks

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Siamese mother and kittens, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11428 on: November 21, 2023, 06:23:15 AM »

Happy Tuesday  Everyone...and...

Currently 39F mostly cloudy   High  55F with heavy rain  Low 39 F.

Thanks to NES  we had 'Rolling Blackouts testerday. .. All afternoon.     

{{{E4E}}}I remember you 'talking' about your dad and his walks ... I well understand how you're feeling during the holidays w/your dad's passing. October is  the same for me  it was on Jim's birthday and right before Halloween.  :(

Lani, E4E, Bazi so glad you enjoy    my bluebird snaps yesterday.  It takes alot to get them here.

Lani those dogs in festive costume are a hoot! A keeper for a regular this time of year. Makes me think of Willie

{{Karen}} glad you get treatment for your vertigo---mine , BPPV, never goes a way.  That stinks having a fence that high . They must 'like' their privacy.
Please becareful with your neighbors it could get 'messy'. Hate for you to get troubles.

Oldguy congrats on the cards;  the volcano in Iceland is all over the news, especially FNC . They report daily and have a reporter on site with coverage.
Tks for the videos will check out later.  ;)

Lani not good news for Mike's back. I'm sorry for his suffering  Hoping he can get some relief very soon. Sending prayers .

Puff enjoyed reading about your memories and all.

Bazi  Karen's joke and Zippo's reaction---so funny

BL thanks

Well...guess I"m caught up. Would’nt swear to that though.  :(

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; Linda and Ian, My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 07:40:33 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan