Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470788 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11265 on: November 16, 2023, 02:41:10 PM »

Baz, Thank you for mentioning rice flour. Aly only bought rice flour noodles. She try rice flour for pizza crust  :( I'll say no more about that. It's her taste buds not mine that matter. I did like the store bought rice crackers/breads. Now I ate a lot of rice cakes/ long rice noodles in Hawaii. Loved that!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #11266 on: November 16, 2023, 03:42:23 PM »

some bounce

(( Barb/Tom ))

(( KB ))    We have decided to go north for Thanksgiving this year. We are having dinner out with my Bro/SIL the day B4. I will order some turkey for sammies next week.

I asked Camper to dig up a couple errant nut tree sprouts (dang squirrels) from the rose bed and I noticed my little gate by the garage failed to stop a bunch of leaves that blew in from across the street. Grr. I'll gather them before going to yard waste site tomorrow.

I'm so glad we do not have a dishwasher nor a refrigerator with water that could malfunction; and our washer/dryer are in the basement right next to the drain.

Will be heating some meatballs and assembling some bowls of esquites tonight. Yum.

SED all
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #11267 on: November 16, 2023, 05:13:36 PM »

Lani - I would love to have the apple muffin recipe if Aly would share.  :D

kb - Mama had the skin cancer surgery in the same exact spot you are having yours.  But, I think she had the Mohs surgery.  Glad you got all your mowing done.

baz - I was very happy decided to bring Jeff the bulb.  I was ready to throw the tree to the curb, and go by a new one.  :D  Punkin and Baby Bro are getting so big! Love all that hair on Baby Bro.

T40 - LOL

tsk - I knew I could count on clynn to find gifts!   ;D  I do have to report, neither one has touched the tree again since the bulb incident, but Misty did tear up my tree skirt some cause the lil snowman has like a fluff ball on him.  ::)  So very sorry to hear about Barb kitty  :'(  We have a Home Goods here, but I have not been to it in a while. Good stuff?

tig - Enjoy your dinner!

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11268 on: November 16, 2023, 06:07:46 PM »

TIG   Good time to plan a trip away.  Hope the roads aren't too busy.

LISA  They have a ton of stuff at Home Goods.  Sometimes not the neatest displays but I noticed employees trying to keep the shelves organized.  Prices pretty good.
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #11269 on: November 16, 2023, 06:41:31 PM »

The Courthouse in Albion sure does look like a Hallmark picture!  Lovely, Clynn and special that your father is remembered there!
Great idea for Sydneys .Christmas! Lol, I have
to laugh about the baby musical instruments!  A friend of mine had a son followed by a daughter!  Everyone was bringing presents to Jennifer and poor Joey was left out!  I bought him an accordion!   A toy but a great replica!
I had a very successful facial Mohs surgery in Springfield!  Do not recall any pain and would recommend it to anyone!

Baz. That is some ordeal your niece and lgn went thru!  I am assuming all was well?   Cute picture!
Lisa, hope  Mistsy leaves  the Christmas rree alone! Tsk. Same for Kulu!

oldguy

« Reply #11270 on: November 16, 2023, 06:45:31 PM »

Baz, Thank you for mentioning rice flour. Aly only bought rice flour noodles. She try rice flour for pizza crust  :( I'll say no more about that. It's her taste buds not mine that matter. I did like the store bought rice crackers/breads. Now I ate a lot of rice cakes/ long rice noodles in Hawaii. Loved that!  ;D

I don't know if this company has product in stores outside of the midwest, but I have heard good reviews by those that tried it...  It is available on Amazon
https://www.bobsredmill.com/shop/gluten-free/gluten-free-all-purpose-baking-flour.html
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

BrokenLug

« Reply #11271 on: November 16, 2023, 08:27:52 PM »

I'm so glad we do not have a dishwasher nor a refrigerator with water that could malfunction; and our washer/dryer are in the basement right next to the drain.

BL & Pip Bounce.   :)

Shit we've been known to be ecstatic to see tepid water.

Pip took a turkey and put it on the table one year.
I took it you dress it .. thump.

Hung her shotgun on it's peg and went about the day.
Glanced over her shoulder .. now cook me a pie boys.

Absolutely the worst pie ever cooked by jaw dropped Turkey hunters.  :) 

Fed 16 as I recall.  11 left.  :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YXCLYVjDDk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8nWtXp7ns4

« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 10:20:04 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

karengramke

« Reply #11272 on: November 16, 2023, 09:12:34 PM »

Have not been to Home Goods in awhile but I love the store!   We do not have a stand alone here but there is a section in tjMax! 

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #11273 on: November 16, 2023, 09:17:14 PM »

Clynn - Thanks so much for posting the story of the Courthouse Square in Albion, IL!

Kb - Good for you in all you take care of in your house and out in your yard.  You are definitely dedicated!

LisaG - Lol! Funny how Misty brought a bulb in!  Glad the lights are all good and working!! ;D

Clynn - Love the 'Pride Transport' and those discovering the tasty morsels!! ;D   Where do you get these fun pictures?!

Lani - Like the Toucan pics!  Happy that Shannon will be with you guys for Thanksgiving!  Yes, all the little ones will have to have their little tasty treats of Turkey!

Kb - Thanksgiving is not about having a big family or huge get-together.   Whatever you & Chris do will be a happy TG!! :)

Baz - Darling pic of your littlest GN and her little bro!

Tsk - Oh no  :(   So sorry for Tom & Barb having to let their precious kitty cross the rainbow bridge. :'(

Tig - Have fun on your trip out of town for TG.  We too are heading out of town for TG too!  We are leaving Wednesday.

Phyl - You & Jim have a nice evening.

Hi Puff  :)

Beakers have good night - SEDs and sleep well  :)

Lani

« Reply #11274 on: November 16, 2023, 09:35:04 PM »

Plus in older age, I work much smarter than when younger.

Kb that's the key.  :)
Work smarter not harder.  :-*

;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11275 on: November 16, 2023, 10:41:00 PM »

{{{Kb}}}
sending  best wishes and prayers for your surgery and for Thanksgiving. Sounds like this will take an awfully long time to heal.   

Tsk this morning's greeting with cook looking for turkey masquerading as a lamp. So funny. I've heard of 'Home Goods' and seen their adverts
I like the idea of your mud room w/ washer-dryer . So very sorry to read about {{{Tom & Barb's}}}  kitty, Pepper crossing the rainbow bridge.  :'( :-*

CLynn SWFL Eagles - Legacy of Harriet, M15 & Lady F23  · 11-15-2023   "  Heyyyy my lady........🎵Let's Get It On🎵 ♥" that photo is worth
a thousand words for sure.  Beautiful night time of   Courthouse Square in Albion. IL your home town decorated for Veterans Day last week. Tks

E4E luv the Autumn photo quilt this AM; laundry is back on track---like CLynn said busy as a Chinese laundry.  :)

CLynn BABY BOOMERS (1946 - 1964) by Jukebox Nostalgia  · Remember the characters...Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen. Yes indeed I do!
So funny Pride Transport 

Bazi good wishes and prayers for for your niece's visit to  Vanderbilt Children's hospital, successful tests.  St Christopher be with them as they travel to and fro.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 11:41:45 PM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11276 on: November 16, 2023, 10:48:10 PM »

... and SEDs   Everyone !    
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

« Reply #11277 on: November 16, 2023, 10:58:48 PM »

{{{Kb}}} sending prayers for your surgery and for Thanksgiving together.  :)

BL, perfect gift for Lisa's grandbaby!  ;D

Baz, Love LGN and Lil Bro pics! Love her Vandy face art.  ;D ... prayers for your niece visit to Children's hospital. I pray for successful tests and safe travels home for mom and daughter. Many belated birthday wishes are sent to your niece.  :)

T40 very funny! ;D

Tsk, I'm so sorry to hear about Barb/Tom's cat Pepper.  :( ... I've never heard of Home Goods.

Lisa,  ;D

Tig, enjoy your trip  :)

Oldguy, I've used Red Mill, but I didn't know they had no-gluten baking flour. I'll let Aly know, and I'll make a basket of no-gluten products for her this Christmas, I'll add the flour. Thanks for the suggestion.

BL, Love the Planet Drums playing for change. I listened to it several times. Totally love drums!

Eagles, You having Thanksgiving at your home this year?

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tig's Zeus, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #11278 on: November 16, 2023, 11:55:05 PM »

Howdy Beakers!  :)

Phyl, thank you.  :-* They went to Boston Childrens Hospital today. That's where my LGN's doctors are. They went to Vandy a few weeks ago for their college reunion.  :)

Lani, I love rice noodles, but those plain dry rice cakes gotta go! LOL. Well, they are better than cardboard, I'll give you that, and I would cheat and put peanut butter on them. But I only ate them as a diet thing - filling for sure - just drink a big glass of water to get it down the gullet, and then let it swell up to a fare-thee-well afterward.  :o  Now there are many flavors of them, and mini-sized ones, too. You enjoy!  ;) ;D

T40, LOLOLOL!!

Lisa, there are lots of great toys for that age group!  You're going to be having lots of fun this Christmas!  :)  Oops... it sounds like Misty likes to knead dough on your tree skirt's snowman... or do her nails. Ruh roh.

Karen, yeah, the Boston Marathon is rigorous. They usually go every 2 months, sometimes more often. It is usually a 1-day marathon trip because of work and school, but sometimes they go the evening before and spend 1 night. They took that round-trip marathon today!  I hope they are home by now.  :-* :-*  They won't be posting a report to me.  ;)  I just hope they made it all okay, and can get some rest now.  Tomorrow (Friday) is a work and school day for them, too.

TSK, there's a Home Goods store in my town, but I haven't been in it in years. Your sweet potatoes sound good. Do you cube them after you boil them, or before?  Aww, that's sad news for Barb and Tom having to let their sweet kitty go... such a hard thing to do.  Hugs for them. Well, my niece's birthday was Wednesday, and the Boston Marathon was today (Thursday), so at least they weren't on the same day.  ;)

BL, that was a plump wild turkey that fed 16!  I wonder which turkey call was Pip's favorite.  My father used to turkey hunt on occasion with his older sister's husband, and I remember some of the funny stories they came home with. I don't think the turkey population was in any danger from their outings, LOL. My father had a bunch of different turkey calls, and I remember, as a young child, having fun with him making those calls work, and then I would try them. LOL, lots of fun doing that as a kid. I wasn't so good at making the right sounds on the ones you blew into. My favorite was one of his turkey calls that you rubbed a stick like piece onto another piece... gosh, I can hardly remember it... oh now I have to go looking... LOL... well here is a page of old turkey calls, and I remember my father having some like some of these:
https://www.ebay.com/b/Vintage-Turkey-Hunting-Game-Calls/36252/bn_7023349483   :D

Oldguy, most all the grocery stores in NC carry the Bob's Red Mill product line. I haven't looked specifically for their gluten free all-purpose flour, but I imagine it's in many of the stores here.  You have a "new" front door! Yay! The weather must've been right for that task. The last time I painted a front door, I swore I never would again... couldn't shut the door for several days because the tacky paint would stick to the rubber weatherstripping. I didn't sleep so well those nights.  ;)

E4E, glad you got a little rain, and hope you get some more.  :)  We're right parched here.

Tig, oh law... leaves blow in the wind... waddaya gonna do? Have a fun Thanksgiving meal with some of your family, and then a fun trip!

My niece and her fam (husband, LGN, and Baby Bro) invited me to come visit over the Thanksgiving holiday. But I have been up in the air about making that trip. Her brother is traveling there to join them, and my sister (their mom) planned to go, too.  But my sister got sick night before last. She tested negative for covid yesterday, but positive on the re-test this morning! Dang! And, Ugh! eee-vennn...  Luckily, her doc prescribed her an Rx (5-day course) for it this afternoon. So, I don't know, but I'm guessing she won't be going anywhere for Thanksgiving. I'm probably going to stay put. Zippo and I can hang out together and enjoy some good eats here. We'll see.

I missed walking Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday! But I did get in a 29-minute walk this afternoon just before dark. Yay!

Good Night, Beakers. Peace. SED.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

oldguy

« Reply #11279 on: November 17, 2023, 12:28:13 AM »

The first video is from 10 years ago and is 21 minutes long, but is such a good story and music...
In the Key of Genius: Derek Paravicini and Adam Ockelford at TEDxWarwick 2013   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S1HK7LQY2I

This video from Claire is a little strange on the sub titles - not always making sense...
LuLu Picked a Fight with the Local Dogs! (ENG SUB)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7uwxtHNW9I

Maru interrupts by his too much presence butt   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jfq73TQ16jo
SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah