Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471401 times)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11250 on: November 16, 2023, 07:57:56 AM »

Just found this beautiful picture of the Courthouse Square in Albion. IL (hometown) decorated for Veterans Day last week. There is a flag for every Veteran that has passed away and the names of all veterans are etched into the plaques on the Memorial right above the Pagoda. My Dad has a flag and his name is etched in the Viet Nam section of the USAF section The street on the left side is one of the many brick streets in town. This is where the shops are located. There is a brick square all around the courthouse and Historical Society (formerly the jail). Then there is the square formed by the streets on each side of the Courthouse. Fifth St, Elm St, 4th St and Main St. No traffic lights, just stop signs.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #11251 on: November 16, 2023, 07:59:57 AM »

Clynn - thanks but doesn't seem like That much to me!
I stood/ worked physically my whole life as a career. Hardly ever sat down. Maybe that's why?

I can't imagine sitting or being sedentary in life. Think it would "kill" me to be forced into that.

Plus in older age, I work much smarter than when younger.

Interesting add on:
A Hopkins (smaller suburb of the Twin Cities) council member won a seat by just ONE vote!
Wow I guess this speaks to the saying:
"Every vote counts"
Scott used to work in Hopkins before his injury accident.
https://kstp.com/kstp-news/local-news/hopkins-city-councilor-wins-election-by-1-vote/
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 08:09:26 AM by kbshcb »

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #11252 on: November 16, 2023, 08:31:23 AM »

Morning!

low 58 - high 70 - scattered showers

Lani - Cute nite pic of sleeping puppy.    Will your daughters be coming over for Thanksgiving?

Phyl - Nice temps for your area today.   I bet it feels good to be catching up on your laundry. ;)  I actually like folding nice clean laundry. :D   Nice views of wetlands in 365.   Like the cam pics.   

Kb - Cute kitty!  Good plan you have today for your mower and for the snow blower.  You have been staying ahead of all you want to get done to get prepared for winter - good job - you are doing so good!!

Tsk - Cute pic this morning Lol! ;D  Good place for your W/D.  Mine is in our garage and they set on a concrete floor.  Our house is a single story home and I take one step down from my kitchen to enter into the garage.

Clynn - Perfect plan to have Erin & the family over for an early TG before they head out to FL.  Lol! Bella wants some mac n cheese made for the occasion! ;D     I too have a lot of Christmas wrapping paper! I would like to buy some new, but I know I should use what I have. ::)    Love SWFL picture!

Beakers have a nice day  :)

LisaG1967

« Reply #11253 on: November 16, 2023, 08:52:38 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

tsk - Yep, just the tree tho, not the other Christmassy stuff I put out around the house.  I needed to see how Misty was going to be with the tree.  I was fluffing the branches, and all of a sudden the lights go out.  I was like oh no, a short. Jeff was like I will look at it later.  A few minutes later, Jeff was in kitchen and Misty brings a bulb.  Jeff looks for the one missing, inserts it and ta-da...we have lights again!

kb;D ;D

Phyl - Thanks for 365, cute figurines, and pretty cam pics.  Yep, tree is up.  I have many friends down South in Mississippi that have had their tree up since Nov. 1.  One of them posted this saying on Facebook the other day when someone commented about their tree being up. Do what makes you happy, cause life is short, and you just never know. 

oldguy - Need to check out your website for some outdoor Christmas stuff.  Thanks for videos.

E4E - Pretty good night pic.  Oh wow, all done with your wrapping.  I will start buying next week. 

Lani - I will have to try something gluten free just to see the taste difference.  Mmmm, apple muffins sounds delicious!

kb - Hoping this will be your last mow?

clynn - Love the painted rock.  I have a few eagles ones that Jeff has got me.  Cute lil morning mouse.  I have only bought one thing for her so far.  I got a monogrammed teddy bear Christmas stocking from Pottery Barn for her. I am not sure what you buy a 4 month old other than clothes?

Morning, karen, Puff, tig and all  :)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #11254 on: November 16, 2023, 10:16:56 AM »

Lisa, https://www.verywellfamily.com/best-toys-for-4-month-olds-4167277

BABY BOOMERS (1946 - 1964) by Jukebox Nostalgia  · Remember the characters...Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen

Pride Transport · I bet that driver didn’t realize he was delivering breakfast to the locals! 🤣🙌
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

LisaG1967

« Reply #11255 on: November 16, 2023, 10:56:19 AM »

clynn - Thanks for the link!  :D

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11256 on: November 16, 2023, 11:07:44 AM »

Sloth TV cam

Parker tries to chase the squirrels off when he sees them, but doesn't do much to the rat. The squirrels eat a few pieces then leave, and there are almost always leftovers at the end of the day. But the rat parked itself and ate for 20 minutes, so he may find himself eaten out of house and home if he continues to allow it.  :-\

Good morning Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Lisa, Looks like Misty will have a fun celebrating her 1st Christmas! LOL!  ;D I'll ask Aly to email me the Apple Muffin recipe. She had chunks of green apples in it, then there's another one and she puts organic apple sauce in it.

Eagles, Shannon will join us, they'll be just 3 of us and a 13 lb. turkey... oh and Sadie, Milo and Norman will have their bites of turkey later.  :-*

Clynn, love your morning pics.Love the painted rock..... yummy/easy sweet potato recipe. I notice on the website, they have a Pillsbury Crescent Roll stuffed with sweet potato recipe on the side....I love using my crock pot on the holidays too. Saves on cooking space. Also, it's so easy to let it cool, then place pot in refrig, and I can deal with clean up next day. Ill cooking a ham in our crock pot for Shannon to take home for meals. It'll be just 3 of us for Thanksgiving.... The munchkins/Erin/Sydney will have a lovely time in Florida. I hope they have sunny weather to enjoy! And you will be able to have a nice quiet long weekend to start working on Christmas. I think I'll start putting out the Christmas glassware and dishes today. Oh, we finally had a little rain last night. It wasn't a soaker, but it helped remove the dust out of the air. I hope we get more. When do the kids leave for Florida? ... If you don't mind me asking, Who gets the Christmas wrapping paper? LOL!!  ;D ;D ;D .... oh my, SWFL Harriet's Legacy lives on... maybe the new SWFL female is one of Harriet/Ozzies? Poor M15. I see peeps below taking pics... {{{Lois and Jimmy}}} Superman!  ;D ... love the local customers!  :-*

Tsk, our w/d is in mud room off the garage too. Safeway just lowered their turkey prices to flat cost of $8 for a 7 to 15 lb turkey, $.80per lb.

Kb, great research article on elephants, they are so smart.... You and Chris will be more prepared than ever for winter.  :)

Phyl, Almond flour is one of the suggested items to replace a no grain diet in baking. Aly follows this prescribed diet by her doctor.... thanks for article on Iceland... pretty sunrise.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #11257 on: November 16, 2023, 12:00:26 PM »

Lisa - Whew. Last mow of the season!...We did it. Hard to believe how heavy it was to move the mower down those steps. And even worse to move the snowblower up the steps and parked in garage.

I got lots mowed/bagged in back and the rest I will just blow into my gardens.

The wind is ferocious once again and my perfect and immaculate front yard is filled with leaves from the apartment across the street that never mulches or bags them ever. I'm disappointed. Both of my mowers are now stored with Seafoam in them if for no other reason than for me to just STOP!

It's been a strange leaf year, well, weather year. Spoke with Sis yesterday who said due to the drought (third year) but no longer, the trees acted strangely. Lots of rain and wind in October had them drop late and blow everywhere.
I doubt I'll ever have such a year again in my lifetime.

I now look forward to winter!...who'd a thunk esp. after our record breaking winter last year, LOL

I'm having skin cancer surgery again next Tuesday..no Covid this time to prolong my surgery and it's on my hairline/forehead. I'm skipping the Mohs surgery as I will never ever do that one again as it was so awful and needed plastic surgery. Instead there is an older type although I'll have an open wound for 6 weeks.

So, and because it's just me and Chris I am hoping nobody asks me what I'm doing for Thanksgiving.
Some of us have no one other than ourselves and or one or so. No cooking but for a routine dinner for us this year. When asked I just catch my breath for a second not knowing what to say anymore.
I am however, jealous of all of your doing your cooking things...Sounds delicious.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #11258 on: November 16, 2023, 12:04:45 PM »

HAPPY DAY, BEAKERS!
  :)

Clynn, that's a great pic of Albion, and extra special with your dad's flag and name etched in the memorial there, too.  :) :-*  I was thinking this morning that your turkey would be in the firdge thawing today for your family's Thanksgiving get-together this weekend, but I see you got a fresh turkey. That will be yummy, and so will your pies! Miss Bella will be all smiles with her mac-n-cheese!  ;) :D

Lani, I guess Aly has already tried it, but I really like things made from rice flour, which is gluten free.  I'm not on gluten free, but I eat a lot of gluten free foods just because of my normal selection of foods. I love rice flour breads and crackers and such - but not those icky rice cakes I used to eat back in my "salad days!!"  ;) ;D  I think Parker the Toucan  :-* must have looked at that rat eating his food, and thought, "What?!?!? This squirrel must have something wrong with him because his tail isn't fluffy!!" Maybe Parker decided that poor non-fluffy tailed "squirrel" needed more to eat.  ;) ;D

Lisa, that's so thoughtful of Misty to bring you the loose Christmas tree light she found!  ;) :D :-*  Maybe she says y'all might want to check all the bulbs to find the ones that are loose so you can tighten them before they fall out (with her help, of course). LOL.

Karen, I only addressed that earlier post to you about the circuit breaker for an empty water heater because you had mentioned yours. I figured it would be a good reminder for anyone who read it.  ;)  I'm back to the 70s today, too, and for the next 2 days, before cooling off again after that. But, yep, I'm not putting my shorts back on either, even though it's warmer.  :D  I hope you and Piper get to enjoy this warmer weather from your porch glider with a view to your pretty yard, and Piper can look for tree frogs and lizards to gift you!  ;) :-*

My Littlest Greatniece and her mom (my niece) are doing the Boston Marathon again today. Ugh... that's what we call it when just the two of them take a very early flight to Boston, with all the meds, tubes, multiple forms of feed, and special supplies and gear required, in tow. And then they travel from the airport, with all that stuff, to Childrens Hospital for LGN's rounds with several of her specialty docs, tests and procedures, too, along with meetings to discuss it all. Their time at the hospital takes many hours, and they have to fit in giving all the meds and feedings by various tube routes for LGN, and something to eat for Mom, too. Then after everything is done at the hospital, they trek themselves and all their gear back to Boston Logan airport for an evening flight home... fingers crossed for little or no delays and no bad crowds or weather for their travel. They will get home late to the DC airport, and then have the drive back home from there. It makes for a very, very long and very demanding day - hence, the Boston Marathon. Also, it was LGN's Mom's 38th birthday yesterday!  :-* :-*

I'm heading to the grocery store. A few weeks ago my LGN and her Baby Bro went to their parents' college reunion weekend. A good time was had by all!  :D :-* :-* :-* :-*   Phyl, it was "down the road" from you, at Vandy.  ;) :D

Later, gators!  ;) :D

« Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 07:45:09 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

BrokenLug

« Reply #11259 on: November 16, 2023, 12:45:15 PM »

Plus in older age, I work much smarter than when younger.

Kb that's the key.  :)
Work smarter not harder.  :-*
U. S. A.

BrokenLug

« Reply #11260 on: November 16, 2023, 12:50:15 PM »

Good Morning Beakers
clynn - Love the painted rock.  I have a few eagles ones that Jeff has got me.  Cute lil morning mouse.  I have only bought one thing for her so far.  I got a monogrammed teddy bear Christmas stocking from Pottery Barn for her.
I am not sure what you buy a 4 month old other than clothes?

LisaG If you want to have some fun with new Mom & Dad ..   ;D   ;)   :P

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJ99VNDH/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?pd_rd_i=B0BJ99VNDH&pd_rd_w=dr6gq&content-id=amzn1.sym.386c274b-4bfe-4421-9052-a1a56db557ab&pf_rd_p=386c274b-4bfe-4421-9052-a1a56db557ab&pf_rd_r=K7XBN1JVN72RXBY2Q8Z8&pd_rd_wg=tFKrI&pd_rd_r=736962ae-fe23-4cad-b6aa-5ff0ffbf65ea&s=toys-and-games&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWxfdGhlbWF0aWM&th=1
U. S. A.

LisaG1967

« Reply #11261 on: November 16, 2023, 12:56:44 PM »

Good Morning Beakers
clynn - Love the painted rock.  I have a few eagles ones that Jeff has got me.  Cute lil morning mouse.  I have only bought one thing for her so far.  I got a monogrammed teddy bear Christmas stocking from Pottery Barn for her.
I am not sure what you buy a 4 month old other than clothes?

LisaG If you want to have some fun with new Mom & Dad ..   ;D   ;)   :P

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BJ99VNDH/ref=sspa_dk_detail_5?pd_rd_i=B0BJ99VNDH&pd_rd_w=dr6gq&content-id=amzn1.sym.386c274b-4bfe-4421-9052-a1a56db557ab&pf_rd_p=386c274b-4bfe-4421-9052-a1a56db557ab&pf_rd_r=K7XBN1JVN72RXBY2Q8Z8&pd_rd_wg=tFKrI&pd_rd_r=736962ae-fe23-4cad-b6aa-5ff0ffbf65ea&s=toys-and-games&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWxfdGhlbWF0aWM&th=1

My son would love that for the granddaughter, DIL might KILL me!

T40cfr403

« Reply #11262 on: November 16, 2023, 01:09:09 PM »

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11263 on: November 16, 2023, 01:10:48 PM »

CLYNN    I love sweet potatoes but Tim does not.  Tried a new one the other day.  Boil the peeled potatoes cut into cubes  Drain well and drizzle with syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.  Easy peasy but will add more syrup next time  LOL  Looks like photographer below the SW FL nest - tripod?  I remember we had to stay on the concrete...Albion is stunning.  You can't beat small town patriotism - Looks like a Hallmark setting...  Lois Lane - looks pretty good

KB   I'm surprised someone isn't screaming "recount" in that election  :o   Seems the thing to do these days.  I forget, are those basil cells or squamous?

EAGLES   Love the fall collage.  :D   You sure don't have to worry when your washer springs a leak!

LISA   That's right - you have a new cat experience as well.  Oh no -Misty brought a bulb.  Lulu is going to go bananas - I just know it.   It won't be til after Thanksgiving but may just bring up the 4 pieces and put them together without decorating and see what happens.  Let her get used to the idea.       Google toys for 4-9 mo old.  Sydney will grow into it.   I see CLYNN did some shopping for you  LOL

LANI   I got out my Xmas mugs yesterday as well as the holiday towels  ;) ;)   Our Perdue turkeys are .99/lb  Butterballs are 1.99/lb   That is an amazing deal on your turkey.

BAZI  That truly is a grueling day for sure.  What a way for your niece to spend her b-day.  I'm sure she will recoup many b-day wishes today  ;D   Cut pics of the kids  ;D

BL   LOLOL  Perfect gift  ;) ;)

T40   I've been there!  I've watched Martha Stewart and believe me - not worth it  LOL

By the way.  Barb and Tom as you know are in Florida right now and Pepper their cat is always with - She is 18 1/2 and they put her down yesterday... :'(   She had been getting those monthly injections which really worked so they had her for 6 months longer than they thought.  But now was peeing outside the box and not eating....

Does anyone have a Home Goods?  It is associated with Marshalls and TJ Max I believe.  Hadn't been in there in a while - boy did I get a lot of shopping done!!!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 06:00:58 PM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #11264 on: November 16, 2023, 01:25:46 PM »

tsk - there is a scheduled recount.

This one is squamous. I have had both basal and squamous...including both in the same lesion.

Tis the trouble with pale blue eyed Norwegians I guess.

BTW, we have a Home Goods here in Edina and have shopped there for quite awhile. Wonderful opportunity.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 01:28:56 PM by kbshcb »