Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470877 times)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11115 on: November 12, 2023, 01:01:57 PM »

HAPPY SUNDAY, BEAKERS!  :)

Lani, it looks like Sister Elsie is in the habit of being very neatly dressed... a very mooo-ving photo of her.  :D ;) :-*

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #11116 on: November 12, 2023, 01:04:59 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIKE!!  I hope you have a fun and relaxing day with some yummy treats!   :)

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #11117 on: November 12, 2023, 01:13:32 PM »

low temp this morning was 52 - high will be 73 today / next week we will have changes in our area!  Maybe some showers!

Lani - Your 'nite' photo is precious. :-*   Thank you for your kind words - you are always so kind.

Phyl - I almost posted that same picture (with the swing) this morning! ;)   Beautiful scenery in 365 today.   Liked MS River Flyway - sure can see the change in time of season!

LisaG - Is that tree in your yard?  Pretty tree, but lots of fallen leaves!  :)   Yes, mom & sis are coming over later. :)   Okay, just read that is your tree! :)

Clynn - Like your backyard!  You too, have lots of fallen leaves - tis the season. ;D    Like the paper dolls - I played with those way back when!  My mom had a friend that would give me a gift of paper dolls for Christmas!      Every song on that list is great!!!     Love the birthday greeting for Mike with cozy burgers!!

Tsk - Cute little turkey gif this morning.

Puff - We enjoy listening to 60's & 70's quite often over here - love the music.  We have 'Alexa' play it on the sirius channel for us. 8)

Tig - Pizza last night at your house sounded so yummy!!!   SKOL!!

Kb - Good idea with the chicken wire - that should prevent those animals from entering!   SKOL!

Lori - Perfect birthday greeting for Mike - you always do something special!! :)

Beakers have a nice Sunday!!

Happy Birthday Mike! sorry these aren't cozy burgers tho!

karengramke

« Reply #11118 on: November 12, 2023, 01:48:29 PM »

Happy Birthday Mike!  If you run out of tge .cozy Burgers that Shannon brought you can stop in the beak for a few!  Have a fun day and may your favorite team(s) win!  Lani, you mention of 100 years worth of onions on the grill reminds me of driving past an establishment that cooked like that and having the aroma waft into the car!   I can still smell it , maybe 60 years later!  😝😝😝
I had a friend who was a fan of Chicago Italian Beef sandwiches, as many of us from the neighborhood were.!  His kids sent him a supply of these for his birthday!   Perfect present!

Bl, sounds like you had a pretty privileged childhood full of great memories and life lessons!   Good for you!
Off to check scores!  Cannot see my teams as tgey are not local enough!

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11119 on: November 12, 2023, 01:57:06 PM »

Lisa Yeah I read the same on solar cam and  the power conservation, too.  Highlights on same time. Some of the South African cams do the same---they just have more daylight .  :)   I believe you did say that 'hole' in your fence was' a Pepe passage'. Too funny.

CLynn so envy you your level backyard. Great play list...like y'all have heard them and loved them all. Great music just makes ya wanna get up and
d-a-n-c-e !! Bring on the 'earworms'.  ;D    Thanks  commiserating on the flooding. Always enjoy your AMs.  As long as the humanrace is the way it 'is'. Always gonna be war and rumors thereof.  :'( :'( >:( :'( :'(   

Tsk thanks  for commiserating on the washer flooding and all.  Itn't that the cutest sleeping kitten--just laid there and was putty in her fingertips. I had to share it.

Puff my parents had LPs and 45s from the 1950s/1960s  Aftger Dad passed she sold them to a collector and later regretted that one.

KB
  I know some wildlife intrusions one can't fight and win. After all this was their's first. IMHO 

Lori prefect B/D greetings for Lani's Mike.

Lani glad y'all had a nice time together---always wonderful when families can get together. Oh how funny ... 'Nun cow' ! I really needed some laughs.

BL thank you for your post on Mattingly and your bro.

I made pizza last night---homemade (no scratch crust though) loads of mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top w/ sliced pepperoni, blk olives and mushrooms on thin crust. Drizzled olive oil on top; baked 10 mins and broiled top for 1 min. WE at it all.  ;D  I often make a Spinach Alfredo pizza, again w/ sliced blk olives. ;)

I played with paper dolls, too.

WE have Xfinity voice command, about 4 yrs now. I love it. Jim  does well with it.
 I have to find out how the Cozies are made and try them---just once.

Well wanted to dash this off as we getting ready to putt-putt to Lowe's and Home Depot in two shakes of a lamb's tail.

But... before I fly...

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11120 on: November 12, 2023, 01:57:26 PM »

For Lani's Mike on his birthday...

...wishing you all the Cozies you can eat and a lifetime of KU victories.
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #11121 on: November 12, 2023, 02:43:14 PM »

Phyl - I grew up here 71 years ago and never saw rabbits...we have an epidemic of them, like you've I'm sure have never seen before..not enough natural predators so no I don't buy this argument. I do on other species, but not this one.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11122 on: November 12, 2023, 03:26:00 PM »

KB  Glad you got your winning Vikings in English today  LOL   Voice command - that tells you how old our boxes were  :o :o

LANI   What can I say about that Sister Bossy  ;D ;D ;D    Our husbands are under the same sign...Tim hated the change to voice.   

BL   Thanks for that great story about Frank and Ken.   Also the additional info on Frank's tour of duty at Eastern.  He always came across as a nice guy.   What a thrill for you to scope out his Camero  ;) ;)

BAZI   " Mooo-ving" "  LOLOL
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #11123 on: November 12, 2023, 03:28:18 PM »

SKOL!
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LisaG1967

« Reply #11124 on: November 12, 2023, 03:55:13 PM »

kb - At the moment, yes intentionally.  I do need a whole new fence, as you can see Jeff has it tied with rope holding it up. 

kb - I had to giggle at your Spanish TV post.  We were watching Twilight the other night, and I hit something on the remote and the next thing ya know....they were all talking in Spanish. Good luck to you and tig's team!

Lani - We are gonna leave a nice pile of leaves along the fence for the squirrels or any other wildlife that may need it, and Jeff is going to mow over the rest.  He said, that is too much to rake.  :D

E4E - Pretty greeting today. 

Phyl - Have fun shopping.

Have a good night, everyone!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 10:13:26 AM by LisaG1967 »

kbshcb

« Reply #11125 on: November 12, 2023, 04:46:46 PM »

Grateful for Ollie man!....he barked a lot/alerted me to something out back while looking up at my garage roof!...with that kind of commotion I ran out to look.

It was a large Crimson Maple leaf in my garage gutter above my upper deck! ;) ;) sticking out from the crossbar....yes, unusual Ollie my alert watch dog!

Wonderful game win today...fun as we have so many injured important players..Won 27-19..with a new QB hired just one and a half weeks ago!..second half the Saints started to catch up a bit, but nada for them.

BrokenLug

« Reply #11126 on: November 12, 2023, 05:09:41 PM »

Bl, sounds like you had a pretty privileged childhood full of great memories and life lessons!   Good for you!

Karen fortunate yes privileged not really.
Great memories and lots of life lessons learned for sure.   :)

I actually had a very middle class upbringing. My Mom was a children's librarian at our local town library and my Dad worked for NJ Bell after his tour in the Navy and attending Trenton State University.
He had the rug pulled out from under him when 'they' broke up Bell Telephone. Some lean years were had after that, but we never wanted for anything and we adjusted to more inexpensive entertainment like the great outdoors.   :)
My dad was shocked because at the time working for NJ Bell was thought to be a start on the ground floor work your way up until you retire kind of job.
He was crushed financially (and emotionally I suppose) because he had all his eggs in the AT&T stock basket.
My Grandfather, his father, worked his whole career at Bell Laboratories in NJ and my dad figured the same would hold true for him.
Move forward, improvise, overcome, adapt.  ;)
-Side- My Pappy knew and worked with the inventors of the transistor which arguably was one of the most important leaps in electronic technology of the 20th century.   8) 

Now my Uncles kids (my 8 cousins) had a very privileged childhood. They lived all over the world, about every 3 years they moved to some very posh digs somewhere on the planet. That's why we called it I've Been Moved. lol. They lived very comfortably indeed and never let me & my 2 brothers forget it.  ::)
U. S. A.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11127 on: November 12, 2023, 05:48:36 PM »

KB  Vikings doing well this year so far.  Makes it fun to watch the game ;)  That Ollie is something else!!

BL  Thanks for a little glimpse into your life - an upbringing you would not change for anything.    I must give thanks to Pappy for my most treasured transistor radio.  ;D ;D :-* :-*
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #11128 on: November 12, 2023, 06:31:41 PM »

Bl, Pappy helped us all!   Thanks!   I hope the 8 cousins are doing half as well as you!

Paper dolls were fun!   😍🫢. I played with them under the dining room table!  Each chair was a house!

Lisa, a new fence will not keep all wild life out of the yard!  Many of your visitors can climb!  I have rabbits in my front yard living under some large, thick azaleas. I have not seen them but my neighbors have! I could not bring myself to harm the Easter Bunny!

The neighbors across the side street hired a firm to put up their outdoor Christmas decor!  It is very extensive and lovely!  Puts my house to shame as I do not put out any lights except for a small tree at the front door!   Back in the day I had lighted reindeer, large lit balls in the trees, etc but not now!

Hope allhave a good night.  Seds

karengramke

« Reply #11129 on: November 12, 2023, 06:35:54 PM »

Phyl, I forgot!  Did you have any luck finding a washing machine that you like at a good price?  I wish I had an old fashioned one that ran automatically without a computer!   Knock on wood, I do not need a new one now but they are not easily repaired!