Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470239 times)

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #11025 on: November 09, 2023, 09:39:08 PM »

Clynn - Hope Ed is having a wonderful birthday today!  I didn't check in until late this afternoon and that's when I saw it was your Ed's birthday! 
           Exciting how Sydney's Dad is going to pay for having his daughters & significant others come for TG!!!  Will Sydney & Erin take the Munchkins?   Love the picture of the kittens - so sweet!!

Lani - Does Mike get back tomorrow?  Our mornings are cold; around 39/40 this morning, then we warmed up to 67.  Sounds like you are similar. ;)   That is good news about YWB coming back home!  Thank you for the explanation on the connection of the albatross family! :)

Puff - Awe, feeling bad for you - can't imagine loosing sense of smell. ???

Hi Tig!

Phyl - Thank you for link and pics.

Kb - Take care with all Kb!

Karen - I agree with you about N1.

LisaG - Like the vegetable Turkey!   So the software update was installed?  Hope all went well with picking up Jeff's car!

Bazi -Love the birthday greeting for Ed!  He also drinks 3-5 gallons of milk a week (I think)!

Lori - Such a cute birthday post for Ed - cute vw bus and license plate!!  Delicious cake too!!

Puff -  :)

Tsk - You have a good plan for Thanksgiving.   Wishing Tim's son's wife all the best and hugs for her.

Og - Yummy cake for Ed!

All have a nice evening  :)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #11026 on: November 09, 2023, 11:44:20 PM »

Phyl, beautiful snowy nature video... coffee/tea for me... pretty sunrise...

{{{Puff}}} . Mikie LOL! ;D ... sorry about you losing your sense of smell.

Lisa, so Jeff's car just needed a software update. that's good.

Kb, beautiful video of mother orca and calf  :-* ... walking backwards  ??? .. stunning venus/moon pic.... funny city pic  ;D ... sad about the dog bite.

Karen, that's sad about N1, my very first eagle's nest.... I wonder if another pair of geese will take over... I bet the landscapers did a good job, next year it'll look great!

Lori, great birthday greeting for Ed, love the cake!

Baz, great birthday pics for Ed! chocolate milk, it's been years since I've had a nice cold glass of chocolate milk...  ;D

Eagles, great cake for Ed! Yum!... weather is getting colder here too. .. yes, Mike returns home tomorrow. It'll be around 5pm and Shannon's bring the Cozy burgers for him and Chinese for me!  ;D ... Love your good night pic. I just noticed the dog's eyes and cat's head movement.  ;D

Tsk, How is Tim's DIL doing on her chemo? Continued prayers for her..... Good plans for Thanksgiving.  :) .. Aly's spending it with friends in California. ..

Clynn, Glad Ed had a nice birthday and more to look forward to... What a great gift Sydney's dad is giving to his girls/partners.... Will the munchkins stay with you over Thanksgiving? Or are they going... oh my, the kittens are adorable. What fluffballs.  :-* ... cool Iowa road! Interesting history of Niagara Falls.

Oldguy, great cake for Ed!  ;D

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk and Tim, Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tig's Zeus, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #11027 on: November 10, 2023, 05:48:49 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Lani, I bet you and Shannon are looking forward to Mike coming home this evening! And I bet he is looking so forward to sitting down and relaxing with a couple of Cozy Burgers! And you get your Chinese! Sounds like a great end to the week! Talon and Bella will be going to Florida too, they are excited, this will be their 2nd plane trip! Sydney's Dad had a heart attack earlier this year, I think he wants to make sure he stays close to his girls as they all go on with their lives. The youngest is a Senior this year. I forgot to post a picture Erin sent, Monday was 50's Day for Bella (kind of strange for a kindergarten...)!

E4E, love the way that cat is holding the book in your good night picture! The Munchkins will be going to Florida, they are excited!

Thank you all again for all the wonderful birthday wishes for Ed!

Oh my gosh, I am good at ALL of these things!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #11028 on: November 10, 2023, 06:07:21 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...TGIF  !   

Currently 54F cloudy   our High  54F rain showers   Low 41 F

Oldguy humdinger of a chocolate cake for Ed 

Lani enjoyed the sunset last night; safe travels for Mike in his return home

Tsk {{Tim's DIL}} 🙏 's ; sounds like you have Thanksgiving all worked out.

CLynn sounds like Ed had a super birthday celebration---those Siamese kittens are already getting their 'points'. Nat Geo digital had a
great article on how the points develop and all.  Iowa 'rollercoaster' road. There's one like it  in California between Needles and Eagle Mtn

Prayers for:   Our friend and ally the Nation of Israel and peace for her people. All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats; My  Alter prayer list
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee, Hummingbirds, Bumble Bees  and Honey bees everywhere . The Beakroom and Cheers.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 06:44:25 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11029 on: November 10, 2023, 06:08:24 AM »

US Marine Corps Birthday

National Forget-Me-Not Day
Tiny blue blooms that silently honor those who served, a symbol of remembrance for the brave souls who defended our freedom.

Area Code Day
Extra digits that secretly define where we're from, each area code carrying the stories of countless conversations,
connections, and communities.

National Vanilla Cupcake Day

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11030 on: November 10, 2023, 06:08:50 AM »

The Raptor Resource Project

From Amy's blog...

A new nest in Decorah
 November 8, 2023  RaptorResource

https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/11/08/a-new-nest-in-decorah/

« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 07:44:25 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #11032 on: November 10, 2023, 07:40:16 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

Lulu made sure everything in the box of food was on the checklist  ;) ;)

CLYNN   What a generous man Sydney's dad is.  So he lives in Florida?  Where?  You will have the kids?  (You answered)   I don't know how on earth you are going to pick two kitties - they are so cute.     Roller coaster road  :o   Thought land might be difficult to farm but I guess not  ;)   What a pic of Niagara falls in 1969  :o    Bella is so cute in her 50's - yes agree about kindergarten.    Check everything off for me too on that list of "Things I'm good at"  ;D

EAGLES  Cute gif  ;D

LANI    Good that Aly will spend Thanksgiving with friends  :)   Fun night for your family tonight

PHYL   I'll look up Amy's blog.  Thanks
Chicagoland

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #11033 on: November 10, 2023, 08:03:10 AM »

currently 43 - high 70

Lani -Happy for you that Mike will be home later and that Shannon is coming too with some good stuff to eat! ;D

Tsk  :)

Clynn - Wonderful that Talon & Bella are going to Florida too!! They will get to see lots of family there and this makes for beautiful memories for All! :) :)   Bella is so darling dressed for the 50's! ;D   Liked the list of 'Things I'm Good At'  - this is me too!

Phyl - Love the decorative Turkey - so cute!  Thank you for 'Days'   Thanks for 365-those gusts of wind!

Beakers have a nice day  :)

Phyl

« Reply #11034 on: November 10, 2023, 08:04:37 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

PHYL   I'll look up Amy's blog.  Thanks[/size]

When I posted I forgot the  link.
I've corrected my  earlier post.

Here:    https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/11/08/a-new-nest-in-decorah/

Lulu inspecting the box---so cute.  :)  :-*

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #11035 on: November 10, 2023, 08:27:03 AM »

Baked Cranberry Brie Bread Bowl
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/813884963918091511/

CLynn so very nice of Sydney's dad to fly everyone to Florida for a family holiday reunion. What fun for the Munchkins to fly along, too.
Bella for 50's day at school, so cute.  'Things I'm Good At' there's a couple items on there for me.  ;)   And one for Jim.  ;D

E4E  sunny autumn leaves today.   70F, nice temp.

Puff     :)     ???

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #11036 on: November 10, 2023, 09:19:00 AM »

Good Morning Beakers....T.G.I.F., and Happy Veterans Day!

Puff - Too funny....CD & HM!

tsk - That is a great idea to do a weekly average of blood sugar.  Jeff does a monthly average for us on an excel spreadsheet.  How is DIL doing??  Awww, look at Ms Lulu the box Inspector!

clynn - I wish I was creative to try and make that Veggie Turkey, mine would be a Pinterest fail  ;D  Love that Rollercoaster Rd in Iowa.  The kitties are beautiful!  Cute pic of Bella dressed up for 50's day.  :D

E4E - Software all install and pick up of Jeff's car went good.   :)

Lani - Yep, just a software update.  How nice of Shannon to bring Chinese and Cozy burgers!

Phyl - Cute turkey this morning.  Thanks for DOYT, RRP amd 365. 

Morning tig, kb, karen and all   :)

Phyl

« Reply #11037 on: November 10, 2023, 09:53:16 AM »

Lisa, Veteran's Day is officially on the 11th of November, every year.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=when+is+veterans+day+2023&qs=FT&pq=when+is+&sc=10-8&cvid=5C4FD7284C6F4D318175918A4422A78A&FORM=CHRDEF&sp=1&lq=0

I know some calendars say it's on this Friday (observed) But that's for the holiday bill.  I have a calendar that says that too. You get to post your observation twice this week.  ;D
My older brother Larry was born on Veteran's Day, November 11th.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 09:54:57 AM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

BrokenLug

« Reply #11038 on: November 10, 2023, 10:10:14 AM »

Tomorrow 11/11/2023 we honor all veterans for there service and sacrifice. Thank you.

Please don't forget what the day is really dedicated to and take a moment to reflect on the truly monumental sacrifices all service men, woman and their families have given to all of us.

It is not just another day for sales on commercial goods !

Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
A year ago today our enemies laid down their arms in accordance with an armistice which rendered them impotent to renew hostilities, and gave to the world an assured opportunity to reconstruct its shattered order and to work out in peace a new and more just set of international relations. The soldiers and people of the European Allies had fought and endured for more than four years to uphold the barrier of civilization against the aggressions of armed force. We ourselves had been in the conflict something more than a year and a half.

With splendid forgetfulness of mere personal concerns, we remodeled our industries, concentrated our financial resources, increased our agricultural output, and assembled a great army, so that at the last our power was a decisive factor in the victory. We were able to bring the vast resources, material and moral, of a great and free people to the assistance of our associates in Europe who had suffered and sacrificed without limit in the cause for which we fought.

Out of this victory there arose new possibilities of political freedom and economic concert. The war showed us the strength of great nations acting together for high purposes, and the victory of arms foretells the enduring conquests which can be made in peace when nations act justly and in furtherance of the common interests of men.

To us in America the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country's service, and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of nations.

U.S. World War I veteran Joseph Ambrose (1896–1988) attends the dedication parade for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in 1982, wearing his original Brodie helmet and doughboy uniform and holding the flag that covered the casket of his son, Clement, who was killed in the Korean War.
U. S. A.

blschue

« Reply #11039 on: November 10, 2023, 10:32:00 AM »

Just dropping in to say Hi and hope everyone is doing good.