Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471504 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10756 on: November 02, 2023, 06:36:51 AM »

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Puff

« Reply #10757 on: November 02, 2023, 06:41:48 AM »

Currently 33F  and clear   High  53F sunny,  Low 33 F  .

Puff   confession time--for some unknown reason when I type your  forum 'handle' I type 'Purr" .   

;D  I'll take that just fine.

As a former typing teacher, I'll give you free dispensation for all PURR mistakes.  :-*

BTW   It is the correct fingering, just the wrong bank of the keyboard.   

Morning to all the early risers.

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10758 on: November 02, 2023, 07:36:31 AM »

GOOD MORNING

OLDGUY   Spunky Miri.    Q kids have come a long way since Covid...Cool kitchen  ;)

EBURGH   I'm sure you are correct!!!

LANI   Very interesting about the Mormon community.  I didn't know that.   " Trying to fix Aly up"  Now THAT is being watchful.  LOLOL  But really nice to have community support and a handyman at beck and call  :)    Your scooting under the fence reminds me of Mom's story as a child.  She lived blocks from the Wisconsin state fair and she and friends would climb the fence to get in free.  Her mom was also not told  LOL

PHYL  Autumn display 365  :)   Did not do 7-up floats - just root beer. ;) ;)
Chicagoland

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10759 on: November 02, 2023, 07:59:43 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

tsk, haven't had a root beer float for years! We used to make Orange Crush floats, and I also remember a strawberry soda, and a grape! I think the girl on the alligator is funny, no matter the truth!  ;D ;D ;D  Your Mom was a rebel!

Puff, I was never very fast at typing, but I could take shorthand at 120 words per minute! Of course, the shorthand is useless these days, the typing comes in very handy!

Phyl, love and remember all those old time items! Kohl's used to have two or three rows of pantyhose, now it's a 2' by 2' section if that! The typewriter ball reminded me how we corrected errors before the white out or correction strips! Bubble gum cigars!  The ruffled Grouse is beautiful!

Lani, sounds like Shannon is in a good place to live. Oh my, you snuck under the fence of the Naval Base to get to school? One night a few of us snuck out at night and went to the grade school. We leaned a picnic table against the wall and got on the roof of one of the buildings. Just walking around... The AP's (Air Police) nabbed us, they thought we were skateboarding on the roof! They dropped each of us off at our houses and told us to get back to bed. Didn't ring the doorbell and get Dad up, thank goodness. We never did that again.  ::)

BL, wow, you have been a lucky guy!

kb, so you did have a pet named Putter? Before Sassy? How old is your computer? LOLOL!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #10760 on: November 02, 2023, 08:30:54 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1720069497531634083

German Shepherd and horse are cool racing!

Ollie man does this with a large black lab next door...each on their own side of the fence, up and down the hill, up and down.

Another quirky friendship...

Happy Cold Thursday all!

Sure do need some warmer days soon to mow/run out the gas/and store the mowers for winter...

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10761 on: November 02, 2023, 09:01:25 AM »

current temp 48 - high 81

Waving to Bazi  :)

BL  :o

Kb - Cute vid of horse & dog!  Fun for Ollie in having a next door doggie to run back & forth with! ;D   Cute tortoise & cow companionship  :)

Tsk, Lani - just a clarification; Halloween we got 80 Trick or treaters.  It was years ago when we would get 300 kids (probably back in the mid nineties)!

Clynn - Sounds like your Mom enjoyed her special day and glad you let her know about her birthday wishes from the Beakers! ;D
           Like the retro Sears and S&H Green Stamp store. :)

Tsk - My Mom walked me to Kindergarten for a while, but later I would walk with other kids the 3 or 4 blocks to school - it was a safe time back then! :)
        Lol! Liked the story of your Mom & friends!! ;D

Eburg  :)

Lani - Good that Shannon lives in a nice close knit Mormon community - bet it is reassuring for you & Mike too. :)

Phyl - Like your pretty 'Happy Thursday'!  Liked the Ruffed Grouse  :)   Love all the retro pics!!! 

Puff - Didn't know you used to teach typing! :)

Morning Tig, Karen, LisaG, Oldguy  :)

Beakers have a nice day  :)

LisaG1967

« Reply #10762 on: November 02, 2023, 09:48:44 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

I did not feel good yesterday, so went to bed at 6pm, and forgot to say good night.  I see I have lots to catch up on. 

Lani - Yes, 21 for Halloween was a good night, but I still have lots of candy.  A whole unopened bag of Reese's peanut butter pumpkin shaped candy is heading to Jeff's work on Monday.  It would be too dangerous left here.  ;D  Wow, Shannon did have alot of lil trick-or treater's!

baz - Love your Later Gator post  ;D ;D

karen - baz, the coyote lady  ;D

clynn - LOL, pencil....  Hope your Mom had a great bday!

Phyl - Pretty morning greeting, too.  Thanks for the DOTY, and the 365.  Loved those bubblegum cigars. 

kb - Stay warm, and hope you get some warmer days for your outside chores.

Morning to Puff, E4E. tig and all
:)

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10763 on: November 02, 2023, 11:02:14 AM »

OK just to join the survey --  My doorbell rang twice; first one he didn't give me enough time.  When I reached the door he was already half way down the driveway.  Second one was a younger teen, fully costumed and looking witchy.  Gave her two fists of whatever.  It is sad the tradition changed.  We had more fun with it.

And, to start the traffic results of the coming of winter. . .

They actually had three major expressways in the area this morning until about 7 and 8.  Problems started about 2 a.m. is what I heard.  Started with the intermittent bands of light snow.  tsk's area had measurable; I had some flakes.  What fell was melting for a while, making surfaces looked like it rained.  However, Mother Nature won when the temp dropped enough for the "wet" to turn to black ice.  So many accidents that at that crucial time "rushhour" turned into hours and many multiple car accidents.  Three interstates, you know that was a BAD way to start the day/the season.  Did it make the national news shows anywhere??

P

I hate to say it but I will: We had that ice a few days ago, but NEVER hit the news, ever....it's just the coasts now..Chicago used to be added, but now maybe not even you.

Puff and KB, I saw both, Minneapolis's and Chicago's, snow and ice and traffic snarls on the news, and also highlighted on The Weather Channel, including several videos. KB, it depends what news shows and channels you watch.   ::)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #10764 on: November 02, 2023, 11:07:36 AM »

I think all of us get this one!!!

LOLOL, Clynn!!!  :D :D :D   I get it, yes!  I still perform that same surgery!!!!  :D :D :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

baziunc

« Reply #10765 on: November 02, 2023, 11:13:31 AM »

I think that alligator/pony shot is photoshopped.  Little girl is riding a pony. IMO  :) ;)

LOL eburg. Of course!!!  ;D  Anyone who doesn't figure out it's photoshopped is not paying attention.  ;) ;D

baziunc

« Reply #10766 on: November 02, 2023, 11:17:02 AM »

I wood be remiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5F59N_ylTg

BL,  you gotta leave those platypusses alone!  ;D  OUCH!!   :o   JJ Cale turned round and round on my turntable.

baziunc

« Reply #10767 on: November 02, 2023, 11:19:24 AM »

I left half a right calf from a black bear up a pine tree in Wyoming.

A lightning strike 3 times has tried to take me out up on high.

What doesn't make me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6lyaolPIOc

((BL)), that's called living dangerously!  Yowza!!  It's the "living" part that won out. Glad you could tell!

baziunc

« Reply #10768 on: November 02, 2023, 11:25:41 AM »

... I walked several blocks to school too, and even took a shortcut under a wire fence onto a naval facility and walked around the silver Quon sid huts and back under a wire fence and there was Pearl Harbor Elementary.  ;D Mother never knew and neither did the Navy.  ;D

LOLOL Lani!!! You were the original STEALTH!!!  ;D ;D

karengramke

« Reply #10769 on: November 02, 2023, 11:27:31 AM »

Morning All!  46 degrees and a tad chilly out!  Glad
 I turned the heat on and will make a pot of chili layer!   73 tomorrow!
Clynn, first tzus I had were Charley Chan and Chu Chan!   Got them as puppies.  After they passes I got Bogey from rescue.  Then a friend and I took some dogs from a local backyard breeder for the rescue we volunteered with.  She kept one and I kept 9 year old Putter.  She was a black girl small but pudgy.  Her name was hope which I didn’t like so I named her putter.  Poor baby had been bred at every heat! Loved puppies.  Ignored Bogey!   The three musketeers were an odd group! I loved them all and they pretty much just co existed!  Sassy was a real case!  She came to me as the last of the three at 11 months. She was purchased  from a Louisiana breeder by a traveling nurse who bought her for her mother.   The mother died.
A lady from Alabama went to the funeral and agreed to take Sassy!  She gave her to a young girl who wanted to take her.  The young girl kept her a short time and took her to a kill shelter in Daphne, Al.   These two women worked at an outlet mall and a third fried who was the manager of the Waterford shop asked the girl how Sassy was doing.  When she found out she was in the shelter she drive up and got her out.  She called the Fairhope shelter which is no kill and was told they were full. They however gave the lady my name and   
My phone number and I met her to get Sassy that day which happened to be my birthday!   She was her happiest after my other two passed away!  One if tgese dogs meant to be an only!   Tmi
Going to start the chili!