Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470226 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10590 on: October 28, 2023, 06:20:41 AM »

“Suzi hiding in plain sight”. Suzi loves this game. When I hold the sock open, she comes running to put her head in

Funny cat!

Morning all....

Thief River Falls, MN....first snowfall of the season..NW Minnesota....

I hate to see/use the S word this early in the season, ie. before even Halloween, but here we are!

going to try to start the mower in back yard today...it's not yet above 32 degrees!...very cold for this time of year but light snow is predicted down the road and I have massive leaves under my silver maple.

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10591 on: October 28, 2023, 07:23:08 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

37 degrees heading to 50  :o

PHYL  Like the black cat from last night  :)    Brrr  365

TIG  I've always wanted to go to Crex Meadows.  Everyone of those shots are calendar worthy.  Just beautiful. My favs are 1st and 3rd  ;) ;)

KAREN   Did not hear about the Maine shooter.  Hope you conquered the CPAP

LANI   I have vague memories of a wringer as well.  ;)   Boy, who didn't watch the Beatles on Ed Sullivan.  What an event that was!

KB    LOLOL  Cat with the sweater - Kind of a Maru thing   ;D ;D  We have freezing night temps ahead - there go the annuals.
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #10592 on: October 28, 2023, 07:46:42 AM »

Many early risers this morning - me up about an hour later.  But I did find several posts waiting for comments.  Many good and cute   ;D

Lisa Sydney with Gma and Gpa is your early treat for trick-or-treat day.  How sweet is that.

Phyl You must be a wizard to know--tears were flowing as I did Puff story ( and starting again as I think of my guy).

tig Pics are winners again.  Beautiful catches by Camper.

Lori  Baby/Doggy/Pumpkins -- precious, and both so patient and cooperative.   SMILE

But I do think you were you were watching the playoff game?
Chicago got our own treat last night for a change of pace.  Two great games, especially the endings.  Last night Bulls in double OT  104/103, and Blackhawks 4/3 over LV who had no losses up til last night  :P   And still was able to see the ending of the Rangers' win.

Phyl  Cute kitty waiting to volunteer tongue for stamp.  Old school, no licking needed.  :o

Peek-a-boo found you!

So true, cats just sit quietly and absorb.  They could be rich if they were into extortion.

kb  Suzi a sweetie.  They do keep us entertained/amused/smiling.

Update on the trees:  locust, naked; ash trees, still green; crimson, still virtually full (maybe a few off of the top) but enough down to hide 3 driveways.

And can I share another Puff antic. . .
A real cuddler.  To watch recroom TV I liked to be warm and cozy in my snug sack.  Who remembers? flannel, body length, zipper or buttons all the way up, even extra material to shut noise with a hood.
Puff would be lickey split on the scene kneading the dough.  Then he'd go down to the inside by my feet.  I could feel the purring and the rising temp.  He'd stay down there forever.  Finally, he'd come out looking like he just finished a trip to the spa, all raggety and sweaty.  But he still would go over to the rocker lounge and take a nap!

Lots  of reading material you all left for me this a.m.  My tea will have to be nuked, it's cold.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 07:52:32 AM by Puff »

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10593 on: October 28, 2023, 08:21:44 AM »

Good Morning Beakers! It's CATURDAY!!

Puff, seems several Beakers know the feeling, when we remember the cat or dog we had that special bond with...  I remember the Snug Sack of the 70s! Prequel to the Snuggie!

tsk, 30 here, headed for 37!  Brrrr... Repeat tomorrow! Yes, the annuals surely bit the dust last night. I pulled the coleus up close to the house, on the covered deck. They look like they will last a bit longer. I hate pulling up the frozen impatiens, they are squishy!

kb, I bet that cat thinks no one can see him... I remember going to Thief River Falls when we lived in MN, I also remember it snowing in September in Duluth! Here you are:

Phyl, sweet little House Cat poem! Brrr on the 365, winter is coming quickly!

Lani, I remember being fascinated with the wringer washer my Grandmother used, she would let us feed the clothes through the wringer. She always warned us not to get our fingers too close or they would be flattened! A comfortable feeling, Mike is in the house even though he is working. Somehow I knew Weasel was your soul cat, just by the way you have spoken of him...

karen, hope you got a good night's sleep!

tig, beautiful photos of the Sandhills at Crex Meadows! We had a Beaker long ago, Iceline, who took pictures of the Sandhills at Crex. This was my favorite:

A miniature of the original I Love Lucy set.

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10594 on: October 28, 2023, 08:45:32 AM »

Good morning and Happy Caturday Beakers!

Lani - You are so nice to help your neighbors with their firewising while taking care of your own!  Good to take care of the LED landscape lights with new batteries. ;)   You & Mike have a nice rest of the weekend. :)

Tig - Good for the pool days you had this week  :)   Yes, please let us know when you hear something about Rosie.  Thoughts & prayers for all of you.   Great pics of the Sandhill Cranes by Camper - please thank him too! :)

Puff - Your Puff was surely a special kitty! ;D

LisaG - Hope your little Sydney makes it over to your house on Sunday  :) :)   Seems like Bradley is still able to carry on with his duties - he is such a loving Dad! ;D

Clynn - You are correct in saying we all have a special pet(s) we miss - so true.  Hugs for you in how you miss your Bogey. :-*

Kb - Your cool temps are here already!

Tsk - Those diaper memories - I know my Mom did that with our cloth diapers!

Phyl - I love that your Samantha was named after Samantha Stephens (Bewitched)! :)  Beautiful Persian!!   Like your 'Caturday' kitty this morning!  Got chilled watching the swirling snow in 365  :)   Liked the House Cat  ;D

Clynn - Cute Caturday gifs!  Like the miniature I Love Lucy set! ;D

Beakers have a nice day  :)

Puff

« Reply #10595 on: October 28, 2023, 09:19:31 AM »

E4E  As I said - Puff had his own fan club, visitors I felt were here to see him then me.

And you're up earlier than usual.  Must have something on a schedule.

P

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #10596 on: October 28, 2023, 10:29:36 AM »

Bbrroounce
Downstairs doing laundry and switching to heat. It was 56 degrees on first floor this a.m.
Yay Rangers! Sorry Lani... I need to root for the team that beat the team that beat us. Lol.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #10597 on: October 28, 2023, 10:29:52 AM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #10598 on: October 28, 2023, 10:51:54 AM »

Aw... Thanx Lori  :-*
Clynn... Nice pic from Crex...
Back to werk...
Oh... I intended to mention... We still use our Snuggies... I was snuggled underneath two of them last night!  :o
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 11:21:55 AM by camperstig »
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #10599 on: October 28, 2023, 11:14:56 AM »

Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

LisaG1967

« Reply #10600 on: October 28, 2023, 11:16:07 AM »

Good Morning/Afternoon Beakers.....Happy Caturday!!!!!

tsk - I did get Sydney a lil trick-or-treat bag, a First Halloween book, 3 onesies, and 3 outfits.

Phyl - Thanks for kind words on Sydney pic, loved that crooked lil smile, too. 

tig - Camper's pic of the cranes are beautiful.

karen - Thanks for saying Sydney is a charmer.  :-*

Lani - I am happy that they are coming over. 

kb - LOL, the kitty with the sock.

Puff - Yep, my Halloween treat. 

clynn - Love all your Caturday pics.

E4E - I hope they make it over too!

Lori - Hey girl...good to see you!

karengramke

« Reply #10601 on: October 28, 2023, 11:19:36 AM »

Happy Caturday!  ;)

77 degrees now going to 83!  My sun patients are still going strong and I wish I had a few impatients.  Did not Plant any!   I worked with a man in DC who had planted some on the shady side of his house. He did not do anything with the bed and they came back every year, thicker than ever!  I was amazed but he swore they reseeded!  Wonderful bed!

Lani nice of you to help the neighbors!  Hope there are no fires!   We do not have rain in the forecast for at least 10 days so the sprinkler system is running!  Say hello toMike.

I watched my mother use the wringer washing machine!  Very dangerous things!   I remember amputations from fingers, arms, hands being caught in them!  Our machine also had a water saver feature. Where by tge least dirty load was washed first and the wash water was saved in a laundry tub.   It was returned to the machine for the second load.  I suppose you could do this indefinitely!   Not only were fancy labor saving things not available but money was tight, back in the day!  Folks today are very spoiled!

Lisa, you are smart to order out so you can spend more time with Sydney!  No need to kabor oner a hot stove!

Where is OG!
Baz, nice walking venue!  Love the bluebird walking partner.

Hopefully the cpap saga is over!  The fit of the mask is tight but the air flow seems better.  Will know for sure when I see the pulmonologist in December.

Enjoy the day >:(

kbshcb

« Reply #10602 on: October 28, 2023, 11:23:02 AM »

Clynn - love the guy in the pic mowing grass with snow on it...

I ended up doing some the old fashioned way!...an hour plus of plain ol raking into 3 garbage cans overflowing...Much more to come down off that tree...but for now it's mostly up.

don't actually think my mower would have started...so cold I had to put on my winter mittens and full winter attire.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10603 on: October 28, 2023, 11:42:08 AM »

Bbrroounce
Downstairs doing laundry and switching to heat. It was 56 degrees on first floor this a.m.
Yay Rangers! Sorry Lani... I need to root for the team that beat the team that beat us. Lol.
TTFN

LOL Tig, Mike would agree with you. He says, "Always root for the team that beats you. Because then you know you've lost to the Best!" .... but, I'm a poor sport. LOL!!  ;D ;D ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10604 on: October 28, 2023, 11:56:49 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Oldguy, I hope the cards are lucky tonight!  ;D

Karen, It was my responsibility at age 7 to wash my brother's diapers. My arm got caught in the wringer past the elbow. I was babysitting my brother and mom was gone visiting friends. It was late when she returned home and found me in the bathroom with my arm in the wringer. I had to be in a splint for awhile. She was not happy with me. But, I was careful and never did it again.... It's been almost a month since it rained. We see nothing but sun for the next 10 days. We're running our dripping system too. The Juniper and oak trees leaves are weeping, they need moisture.... Talons crossed for your cpap mask.

Lisa, love your sweet Caturday pic... oh Miss Sydney will love your Halloween treats!  :-*

Lori, sweet post of Zeus.  :-* ... love your Halloween Caturday posts.

{{{warm hugs Tig}}} 2 snuggles, you must have been cold!

Hi Eagles, have a good weekend  ;D

Clynn, Great Caturday pics... I had forgotten about the Snuggle. I remember both girls received one for Christmas.... Thanks for reminding us about Iceline and Sandhills Crex Meadows. Looking at Camper's pics, I kept wondering where did I read about Crex Meadows.... I knew I should have remembered. I imagine he still goes there. What a fantastic photos he shared with us.... Love the mowing guy... I remember you would post a pic of a woman working in her garden in the snow for Lindawyo. Because she did the same living in Wyoming.  ;D ...  I Love Lucy  :-*

Tsk, our freeze starts tomorrow, highs in mid-60s.

{{{Puff}}} love this morning's Puff story, such a special boy.

Kb, cute cat

Weezel and me 2001
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander