Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470422 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10500 on: October 25, 2023, 02:14:06 PM »

No bounce
Just got this message from Camper's daughter:

I wanted to let all y’all know Zeus has crossed the rainbow bridge. This past week he has progressively gotten worse. He went on 3 yrs after they said he would not last 2 months. He had the best morning. Went on a walk, got snuggles. He dined on chicken and eggs, much to his delight this week. I know y'all loved him. I held him when he passed. He felt loved.

Tears

{{{Tig, Camper, family and Rosie}}} I'm so sorry for Little Zeus passing.  :'( Gentle hugs for little Rosie. 

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #10501 on: October 25, 2023, 02:24:48 PM »

Welcome home Clynn! Looking forward to seeing your pics.. love your Halloween pics!   ;D

Tig, stunning fall pics... and sweet {{{Zeus}}}  :-*

Phyl, great pics of African Fish Eagle. MpMom and I enjoyed watching a pair of them at Pete's Pond at Mashato's Game Reserve, Botswana years ago. The cam went down a few years ago. Beautiful juvies!

Mike had a meeting canceled for tomorrow.
So, he is coming home today! YAY!
Tired of him being gone so much, since he'll be leaving in
a week for Ohio.
Fall is definitely here! But, we do need rain!
So, please send it our way.
Take care and I'll be back with Albatross update!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #10502 on: October 25, 2023, 02:46:16 PM »

So sorry for the loss of your sweet Zeus Tig &Camper.  It's a great life for all involved.  Sweet memories.

P

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10503 on: October 25, 2023, 03:54:32 PM »

We all walked a very cool Kopje calm down this Maple Soaked road together today.

The only wag was daddy do it again at the end.

There where wild turkey on the right and white tails prancing on the left.

Off leash.

The Maple Color Alley focused .

I'll never know dogs.

Not a one head turn back.

I'll walk you cool 2 footers down this Lane like I knew it.  Never been here before.

BL, gorgeous walk Kopje led y'all down! Who's a good boy?!?  :D :-*

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10504 on: October 25, 2023, 04:16:29 PM »

Awww   TIG   Hugs to you both.   He seemed pretty capable before he passed.   Such a sweet photo of "handsome man".
Campers pics are awesome as usual.

PHYL   Thanks for the flyway juvies  :)

LANI   YAY   Mike home early  :D
Chicagoland

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10505 on: October 25, 2023, 04:28:25 PM »

(((Tig))), awww, Rest in Peace, sweet Zeus... a handsome boy, indeed.  :-* :-*

Clynn, welcome home! It sounds like your trip was fabulous fun!!  :)

Karen, ugh... no riding cart at the store... but you powered through! Congrats!  :) I hope your CPAP is working now!  ((Piper)) I'm glad Piper is feeling better.  :-* Tell Piper not to taste all those interesting critters from the yard!  ;) ;D

Lani, glad Mike is returning a day earlier than planned!  :)

Lori, thanks for the fun and pretty Fall pictures!  :D

I didn't ever get my walk in on Monday, but I walked 41 minutes yesterday, and 47 minutes today. Yay!  :)  I don't take anything with me on my walks except a ring with a house key, mail key, and a very loud whistle on it. I mark the time on the clock as I go out the door, and check it when I come back in. I usually change up my walks, and never know how long I have walked till I get home. It's going well so far!
  :D

Waving to All the Beakers!  :D

Have a good evening. Peace. SED.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 04:30:11 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

LisaG1967

« Reply #10506 on: October 25, 2023, 05:51:36 PM »

tsk - LOL

((tig)) - I am so very sorry to hear about Zeus....Big hugs!  Stunning fall colors from Camper.

Phyl - Love the pic of the fish eagle.

Lani - Hope Mike made it home safely.

baz - You are doing great with your walks!

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10507 on: October 25, 2023, 06:10:08 PM »

BAZI   Clapping hands for you  ;) ;)

So 3 years ago we sold our Door County home and of course had to bring back everything that was there.  This meant all kinds of tools and Tim's "stuff".   I got tired of asking him to go through it ( I think he can't begin a project like that - too overwhelming)  so I've been working in small blocks of time to condense ( 3 plastic storage boxes of weather stripping for instance) and making shelf room in an organized fashion.  That went pretty well,  Then there were the tools!
I emptied his basement tool box - under penalty of divorce - and sorted all the tools ( not counting our current junk drawer and the garage tool box) and I had a pile of 25 flat head screwdrivers and about a dozen Phillips head screwdrivers, 6 tape measures, about 6 files, about 2 dozen wrenches - The list goes on and on!!   Bottom line he gave me about half of the screwdrivers to give away and some wrenches LOLOL  The only thing there was 1 of was a pocket size "level".  CLYNN  I've been thinking a lot about ED  LOLOL
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #10508 on: October 25, 2023, 06:31:58 PM »

TSK... Don't you dare throw my Dad's coffee can of pieces of heavy wire in the garage! Lol. Then there is the basement workbench with the jars of screws and nails hanging from the ceiling. Ya never know when they will come in handy.
Thanx for the thoughts re Zeus. Praying for Rosie tomorrow.
Camper took a condolence card to the house today. Part of what he wrote... " if love could have kept him here, he would have lived forever". Aw.
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #10509 on: October 25, 2023, 06:54:34 PM »

tsk, I am chuckling...do you think you can remove a few items now and then and Goodwill them? Maybe not, now that you have done an inventory and he has it fresh in his mind how many of everything there is...  ;D You may have to wait a few years!!  :o :o  How about you tell him they need some tools at church?  ::) If you need another level I have spares!  Need any balloons? Bottle openers? Flashlights? Candles? Tesa Bells?

baz, yes, a good trip. Still haven't gone through the photos, busy doing things on Ed's list that he didn't get done! He told me Saturday evening that he was sick, I asked him when he got sick, he said Wednesday. That was the day I left...

BL, sounds like a beautiful walk with your furry friends...

tig, so sorry to hear about Zeus...he was so loved in his short time here on earth...  LOLOL on the pieces of wire in the coffee can...we must have one of those somewhere!

Lani, hope Mike is home by now and you two get a little extra time together!  We are supposed to be getting some rain tonight, although it looks like this first round just missed us... Hope you get some soon!

Phyl, beautiful African Eagle and love the juvies on the Flyway!

The kids went to the Pumpkin Patch Saturday!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

karengramke

« Reply #10510 on: October 25, 2023, 08:35:07 PM »

(((Zeus)))). Rip sweet, handsome boy!   (((Rosie))).   Hugs for the whole family and blessings to.camper for his special words.   Great photos as well!

Clynn, welcome home! Your trip sounds fabulous and, were they surprised to see you?  Dallas/Ft.Worth traffic has been a bear for years and I am sure much worse tgan my last adventure driving there!   Sounds like a busy time for you!
Love the pictures of the pumpkin patch!  Bella sure is in the drivers seat!

Cpap machine is still not working too well!   The hose is now connected properly but there is a leak some how on top of my head and in my face. Dread calling them as they will want me to bring the machine as well as the mask and tubing and that is where I think the problem is located.

Baz, good job on your walking!  I have found it easy to walk in stores with the carts!  They work like a walker and I can go pretty fast!   Went to a local hardware ,garden center this afternoon and used one.  Bought some bright pink wave petunias!  If I take better care of them than I did the geraniums life will be good!  One geranium is in the garbage and the other on the screen porch in intensive care!

Lisa, I did not realize your mom made the head bands and bows!  Too bad!  There is a saying, be sweet!

Good picture of the Fish Eagle!

Lani, enjoy your Mike time.  I will be rooting for the Diamond Backs!  As a long suffering Cub fan, I am partial to the National League!

All have a good night.  Been spending a lot of porch time as the temps are wonderful!   Seds

BrokenLug

« Reply #10511 on: October 25, 2023, 09:30:16 PM »

Pip, Kopje and I took the Old Town pickle for a float this afternoon on Lake Tiorati in Harriman State Park, NY.

Absolutely stellar blue skies above the cirrocumulus clouds about to put on a cotton candy color show that at sunset it did. 

As good as the weather gets on this date in this neck of the woods.
73° F at canoe put-in around 3:00 P _ Wind 0.

68° F at 6:00 P at Sunset take-out.

Grueling paddling conditions are ahead I fear my friends.    ;)

Lake me take U on a short afternoon cruise that happens about every 10 years.

The mirror of the lake water halving the sky with the kaleidescope of colors coming from the mountain tops, shore line and islands.

If some hours ever get bottled I want to buy some more of these. 

Captain Kopje eyes straight forward, front paws on the bow deck, hind paws solidly not moving at all in the canoe, tail not even wagging, slightly cocking his head ear to ear .. ~ transfixed by this canoe ever slowly drifting ~ .. creating that optical colored island floating past the far shore horizon affect.

Never saw that ever before ay' boy as we slowed up on the dam.

He turned around and shot us the most priceless look that Pip & I have ever seen from him.

Ruh-roh ..

Did you 2 not see .. you 2 not see .. the earth sliding under your paws ?

We did boy, we did.
It's all good _-_ rocking the boat good boy, come sit.

Kopje came back from the helm and lay down between the thwarts pondering the sight I suspect.

A lot to optically take in if you've never seen it before. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 10:34:42 PM by BrokenLug »
U. S. A.

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10512 on: October 25, 2023, 11:36:16 PM »

{{{Tig}}}  remembering Rosie tomorrow 🙏 's    ;  enjoyed Camper's  snaps of lovely  Autumn foliage trees

CLynn looking forward to your photos; sweet pictures of Erin/Sydney and Talon/Bella at Pumpkin Patch.
Bella sure looks like she can handle that purple tractor

Lani Mike home early ;)

BL lovely Autumn snapshots, fabulous cruise and those cirrocumulus -- :o   Yeah Captain Kopje.

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #10513 on: October 25, 2023, 11:59:24 PM »

"Good Evening'  Everyone !

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Lani

« Reply #10514 on: October 26, 2023, 12:28:42 AM »

{{{YAY BAZ!}}} ;D

Tsk, You're a brave woman! You emptied his basement tool box - under penalty of divorce.  LOL! Tim meet Ed!  ;D

{{{Tig and Camper}}} You can never have enough wire, screws or nails. That's some of my treasure.  ;D

Clynn, Is Ed feeling better? Pretty Tesa Bell... Great pics of the kids! The last pic you can see how much the kids have grown, especially Miss Bella sitting on her mom's lap.  ;D
Mike's home, hopefully for a week or more.

Lisa, Mike's home. I hope all is well with you and Jeff, and of course Bandit and Misty. :)

Karen, you may need new straps on the mask or a new mask..... You're problem is what happens to Mike's mask. When the mask isn't set tight, the air is escaping from the mask and it starts squealing in the middle of the night. :-\ ... we have two extra mask/straps available at all times. Especially since he travels.... good luck with the petunias.

BL, It was a good day...{{{Captain Kopje}}}... Stunning photos, especially the top one.

SED Eagles, Phyl

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Lisa's Jeff, Phyl and Jim, Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tig's Zeus, Miss Maggie, Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, TRR Sloths, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, and lost 2023 cubs, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 12:32:34 AM by Lani »