Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470269 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #10350 on: October 20, 2023, 06:59:05 AM »

I caught this right after Great Spirit Bluff Falcons -  cam changed from IR

Oct 20, 2023 6:56 AM
Camera Time: Oct 20, 2023 6:56 AM CDT
Birchwoman
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #10351 on: October 20, 2023, 07:04:42 AM »

And, a 'Good Morning' from Mississippi River Flyway

Oct 20, 2023 7:02 AM
Camera Time: Oct 20, 2023 7:02 AM CDT
Birchwoman

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10352 on: October 20, 2023, 07:20:02 AM »

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE

KB  Wow  how on earth did that happen around the tree?  What a puzzle to untangle those elk.  Beautiful photo from out your window.  Trees really pop.

LANI   The two hour shift I had saw 48 clients ( they had planned for 32 but there were 7 of us volunteer "personal shoppers" so it went faster)  The first afternoon shift had 50 clients signed in.  Each client had a piece of paper showing how many coats they needed for family members.  My first client needed 8 coats  LOLOL  I saw about 7 clients in that time.  Final count will be at next Thurs's meeting as to how many coats were given away.

PHYL   Great snap.  Brave squirrel and an eagle with no eyes behind his head  LOL   Oh no! The thought of HM  HD finding a new tree - I hope not  :(        I love the first snowfall.  ;)
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #10353 on: October 20, 2023, 08:02:45 AM »

Hmm, where have I seen one of these creatures before?...

Busy today with errands and dog walking.

Thinking of trying this recipe....looks good but more importantly I love the format of a you tube video..
What do you all think?.I'm buying the necessary items and will try this weekend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U-hfPhy7zQ

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #10354 on: October 20, 2023, 09:04:08 AM »

currently 57 - high of 73 today!

Kb - Pretty pic out your kitchen window!   Have a great day and enjoy your walk with Ollie Man  ;D

Karen - Thank you for the recommendation to read Paulie's story in Cheers!   BTW, your Vet sounds extra special! :) :)

Phyl - Beautiful pic of HD & HM!   Your temps today are almost identical to our area!   Loved Nature this morning - pretty snow - cute squirrel.  Great cam pics  ;D

Tsk - You are sure busy with the coat drive / give away - very nice!

Lani - Re the Deer/Elk (?) antler entanglement vid - it did have a perfect ending!

Tig - Nice of you to try and help Paulie with her picture.

Taking my Mom in for a haircut this morning.  This is her 2nd time going to my hair dresser - she really likes her!! ;D

Beakers have a nice day  :)

« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 10:38:50 AM by Eagles4evr1116 »

LisaG1967

« Reply #10355 on: October 20, 2023, 09:24:41 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

Morning tsk, Puff, karen, tig and all

Phyl - Thanks for the 365, and RRP blog post.  I posted later in the DE thread.  I was kinda busy yesterday.  :)

Lani - Love your good night witch kitty.  :D

E4E - Cute Halloween greeting last night, and no not a fun thing to do.  :-\

kb - Sorry about your ash tree losing all the leaves, but those trees in the back with the golden leaves are very pretty!

kbshcb

« Reply #10356 on: October 20, 2023, 09:58:29 AM »

Lisa - it's okay. My ash turned all yellow before dropping and it's one of the first to drop, but also one of the first to leaf out in the spring...I still have 2 maples, front and back to turn and drop..

All the ash around here are a little different too.
My two neighbors both have one and both drop in my yard but they drop later than mine so I do triple ash leaf pick up....someone told me it's either male/female ash or slightly different species of ash..they all look the same to me, green ash but who knows. It's always been that way.

Puff

« Reply #10357 on: October 20, 2023, 11:00:28 AM »

Backyard has 3 ash (lost one to the beetles)  kb  .  Mine are all for one and one for all.  And, when/if they decide to fall, it's usually after the others.  And, what I always felt amused about - when they fall not only is it synconized but it is wham all fall and it only takes 20 hours. I call them my instant naked trio!   :o

P   

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #10358 on: October 20, 2023, 11:14:31 AM »

TGIF Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Tig!  ;D

Tsk, What a blessing it was to be able to bring comfort and warmth to so many yesterday. You must be tired today and feeling a deep sense of accomplishment.  :-*

Kb, gorgeous eagle! That looks delicious. Love youtube recipes...  ;D

Eagles, Nothing like a visit to the hairdresser to make a gal feel brand new! You and your mom enjoy your time together.  ;D

Hi Lisa  :)

Firewise time again! Mike is returning from week in Gila Bend, only to leave for Louisiana on Monday! :-\
Have a Fun Friday everyone!!  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #10359 on: October 20, 2023, 11:35:00 AM »

Aaaa!!! Tig
We just settled in to watch Killers of the Flower Moon. 3.5 hrs. !
I went to the pool earlier today.
BBL
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #10360 on: October 20, 2023, 12:13:04 PM »

Backyard has 3 ash (lost one to the beetles)  kb  .  Mine are all for one and one for all.  And, when/if they decide to fall, it's usually after the others.  And, what I always felt amused about - when they fall not only is it synconized but it is wham all fall and it only takes 20 hours. I call them my instant naked trio!   :o

P

that's too funny, what you call them....I have treated my ash for a decade now, knocking on wood!
Do you treat the ash you have left?

Heading out back to give Ollie his last bath outside!...it's 66 degrees!...woot woot.

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #10361 on: October 20, 2023, 12:33:34 PM »

KAREN   That was quite a story from Paulie.  Thanks for bringing it to our attn.  Being in the right place at the right time and glad she didn't go out with her husband  LOL

BAZI   This free coat give-away is sponsored and happens at Catholic Charities.  They have many fund raising events where it will come in handy.  They are not subsidized by the Archdiocese of Chicago.

TSK, um, okay. I'm not sure - I hope I didn't say something wrong about hoping that expensive Coach coat raises a lot of money in the raffle. You all gave away a lot of coats so far! That's great!  :)

Puff, LOL on your instant naked trio of ash trees!
  ;D

Happy Day, Beakers!  :)

I'm headed out to get my grocery shopping done before the rain gets here - the clouds are moving in quickly! :)

TGIF!!  HAPPY FRIDAY, BEAKERS!!!  ;D

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

Phyl

« Reply #10362 on: October 20, 2023, 12:47:19 PM »

Tsk  Sounds like the coat drive is a success.  Y'all bring alot of warmth to so many.  :-*
The moment I snapped that shot of Little Squirrel it turned and high-tailed down the trunk. So funny.  Yep!  Bald eagle w/o eyes in back of head.  ;D

KB
Great Bald Eagle this AM. Yesterday I almost had that very type snap watching Decorah Eagles on Explorer.  :P   That broccoli recipe has my attention!
Jeepers. I'd eat them w/o the sauce.   Thanks.   Love maple leaves in the Autumn

E4E so glad your mom like you hair dresser. Any plans for a lunch after?

Lisa  Yeah. Figured you were occupied w/other things.    Any Sydney visits coming up?   :)

Puff my antique rocking chair is of ash wood.   Your  'instant naked trio'.  ;D

Tig looked up 'Killers of the Flower Moon' on IMdb. Has a big name cast and director, crime thriller.  When you've watched...what's your review?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 01:02:08 PM by Phyl »

#IstandwithEvan

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #10363 on: October 20, 2023, 02:19:05 PM »

KB   Recipe looks delicious but I would never take all this time for a veggie!  Would definitely eat it if served.

EAGLES  Have a good time with Mom.  Now all you need is a tea shop to complete the get together. ;D

LANI   You'll end up doing firewise alone   - no Aly/Mike to help this time. :(

BAZI   No no no  You said nothing wrong. I personally had always thought Catholic Charities  - a huge organization - had been subsidized but no, so subsequently have to do a lot of fundraisers to stay in business. And of course there is always some corporate support as well.   Wild Friday night  LOL
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #10364 on: October 20, 2023, 02:47:25 PM »

Yes KB  My company does treatment every two years.  It's a shame so many were chopped down in panic.  One of the Ash is finally looking presentable.  They did a radical pruning of the dead branches UGLY was the only word for about 5 years.  Now the rag-a-muffin has a place at the table.  Ash killings kinda like the Covid - over kill.  Years of nice, my birds love all my trees, 6 still in the back for the birds (also a locust, Aspen, and Chinese maple).  Top billing still goes to the fantastic duo out front - Crimson Maple and Colorado spruce.

What is nice about the behavior of the ash trees is that you have to rake just once.  Even the locust - its tiny leaves just blow away in the wind.  I'm like generous, I like to share. 
The sharing of the maple is not so welcome --billions and billions of big, deep red leaves , 3x cleanup.  But to be honest, since they took away my mower the grass crew does them mostly.  But the grass likes when I scratch their back with the rake; I can hear them oooh and awhhhh.  And not only do I get to enjoy the air and sun, it gets me up and out.  (And with the predominence of south to north winds the leftovers end up down at the end of the block.  Michael never said thanks come to think of it.
Lani thought of you a couple times this week on the news shows.  Some had footage they were showing of the houses out west buried in tumbleweeds.  Did you happen to see any of the showings?  You're so diligent/hardworking following your HOA rules!  I guess some are not as regulated or concerned.