Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470430 times)

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9720 on: October 01, 2023, 12:38:55 PM »

Sunday Blessings Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Hi Eagles, have a great day!  ;D

Karen, Love Red beans and rice. Especially Puerto Rican red beans and rice. In our little village of Makalapa, which is now under the Kamehameha Freeway, was a diverse community. My mother's best friend was Puerto Rican. And Minnie made the best red beans and rice with cilantro. She and her husband were great cooks.

Tsk, homemade applesauce. YUM!.. I couldn't watch Ryder Cup today.  :-[ ... oh well, next time!

Lisa, thanks for sharing the soup recipe. I'm putting up Halloween decorations too.  ;D

Clynn, my mother made Navy beans with ham hock, onions too. It was delicious. That's sweet of your mom to make you those special dishes.  :-*.  Mike is like Ed, he doesn't like the three meals either. I love them, and haven't had them for years. Pretty photo of M and Lady.... Love the famous Ozzie and Harriet statues  :-*

Kb, Love the Brown Hyena and your comment to BL! LOL! That would be something if he came upon one there. Great sense of humor you have!  ;D ... I think there's quite a few peeps in the forum that are Chiefs fan. My MIL was a big fan! Mike has become an AZ Cardinal fan since moving here, but I'm a diehard KC fan like my late MIL... Ollie Man  ;D

Phyl, great Halloween pumpkins....great photos of Newman & Lisa by STLbf... thanks for nature video.

Happy FirePup Day Lori!  ;D  Love the fire pups, Jake's story, Milton and Scrappy the Fire cat! Perfect cat name LOL!  ;D

« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 08:09:23 PM by Lani »
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #9721 on: October 01, 2023, 12:56:49 PM »

Puff, https://www.fofrescue.org/ch/

Lisa, love that room, my kind of clutter!

E4E, Kelsey cooks every other Friday with her helper Sarah, and we have it on Saturday. Because Friday is Pizza Night! So we had lasagna last night!

tsk, nothing like the smell of apples and cinnamon!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #9722 on: October 01, 2023, 02:08:40 PM »

OMG Lisa....forget about telling Jeff...we are now ahead 14 to 13 after playing from behind the whole first half. and now!...even more ahead after last touchdown. End of 3rd quarter.

I am watching with Spanish background voices but can see the score and watch the plays.

Skol..now 21/13....I take it back. LOl

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #9723 on: October 01, 2023, 02:27:31 PM »

Bounce
KB... I always listen to radio and watch TV. It does not always sinc, but...
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #9724 on: October 01, 2023, 02:44:36 PM »

Bounce
KB... I always listen to radio and watch TV. It does not always sinc, but...

for 235 a month comcast should be able to send broadcast tv without pixelating and speaking in a language I DON'T.....I don't listen to the radio but thanks.

I'm now watching on my laptop...Chris woke up!...LOL

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9725 on: October 01, 2023, 03:43:36 PM »

LISA    Nice cozy fall room this AM  :)   My recipe is very similar - I like the quick cook too on the beans.  Do you get a ham bone from the butcher?    I have looked for that Crispin apple before but no luck at my groceries.  I'll google it and see if it sells around here.

KB  Hope the Vikings did better - Bears gave up a 3 TD lead to loose by 3  I give up.  Are you sure the language didn't get accidentally changed in your settings?

LANI   ROTFL LOLOLOLOL   The "sister" kitty cracks me up.  I'll have to show Tim that one.   Snoopy enjoying the fall
Chicagoland

kbshcb

« Reply #9726 on: October 01, 2023, 03:57:43 PM »

tsk - Oh I am sure...I know how to check all my language settings, unplugged, re started etc.
The main tv and box has pixelation, the other 2 satellite tv's with boxes have no pixelation but Spanish only.

It's comcast and outside of my control

Oh and the Vikes won this one but I didn't really get to watch it properly.

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #9727 on: October 01, 2023, 04:40:56 PM »

BTW... I should have mentioned... that is only for the Vikes I do that.  8)
Don't get me started on the value of what we get or don't get from Comcast for the price we pay!
Busy keep our grass seed moist...
SED
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

T40cfr403

« Reply #9728 on: October 01, 2023, 05:01:45 PM »

;D

Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

LisaG1967

« Reply #9729 on: October 01, 2023, 05:07:14 PM »

kb - LOL, watching in Spanish, too funny!  Glad your team won. 

Lani - Sister Kitty does not look happy!  ;D

clynn
- That is my kind of clutter too! 

tsk - That recipe for the beans came off the back of the bag of Safeway store brand beans.  I have used it for years, and Jeff loves it.   I get the smoked ham hocks at the grocery, too. 
I have never seen the Crispin in our grocery, either, but those apples sure are good.

Have a good night, everyone!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9730 on: October 01, 2023, 06:05:05 PM »

LANI   Tim just saw the "sister" kitty - Laughing laughing laughing.. ;D ;)

T40   LOLOL  I said to Tim, Lani's post reminds me of the Sister Felicity Immaculata one and here you post it  LOLOL  Great minds  ::) ::)

LISA  A bit of trivia.   The Crispin apples are a combination of a golden delicious and  " Indo"  apple cultivars from the Aomori prefecture in Japan.  I can order them online from several grocers in my area which I won't do. :(  They are also called Mutsus
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #9731 on: October 01, 2023, 06:16:01 PM »

Puff, https://www.fofrescue.org/ch/

Lisa, love that room, my kind of clutter!

E4E, Kelsey cooks every other Friday with her helper Sarah, and we have it on Saturday. Because Friday is Pizza Night! So we had lasagna last night!

tsk, nothing like the smell of apples and cinnamon!

Thanks clynn  I learned something new today - old cat, new tricks  ;D

P

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #9732 on: October 01, 2023, 10:05:01 PM »

Kb - That is funny about the way Ollie is behaving now in those situations you describe!  It would be interesting to know what he is thinking!  Sounds like a 'Settings' situation with Comcast - but you mention you have checked everything.  Hope it all gets straightened out with your preferences.

Karen - Good temps for your area!

Tsk - Did you finish your making of applesauce? :) Yumm!

LisaG - Your Navy bean recipe sounds so good!!

Lani - Good football game so far for your KC!

Clynn - I bet the lasagna Kelsey & helper made was delicious! :)

Tig - Hope all went well with football today!

Beakers have a good night - sleep well - SEDs  :)

Lani

« Reply #9733 on: October 01, 2023, 10:35:53 PM »

All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #9734 on: October 01, 2023, 11:54:41 PM »

Lisa, I'm going to make your Navy bean recipe and divide up into containers. I'll have them when Mike's out of town... Crispin apples are delicious. Sometimes they are available at Safeway or Basha's.

Clynn, I bet Kelsey's lasagna is delicious.... I bought the "Bug Bite Thingy" that was suggested in the Wild Heart Ranch article you posted.

Kb, congratulations on the game!

Tsk, I'm glad Tim liked "Sister Kitty". She is unique  8)

SED Eagles, It was a good game. I hope you had a good day.  :)

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Baz, Kb's friends Vi and Dennis, Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Phyl and Jim, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, Tig's Zeus, TRR Sloth Robin, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 11:56:43 PM by Lani »