Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471202 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9450 on: September 24, 2023, 04:11:10 PM »

Tsk     from the queen of Southern Cooking---Paula Deen: Oven-fried green tomatoes  https://www.pauladeen.com/recipe/oven-fried-green-tomatoes-recipe/ Also:   Fried Green Tomatoes  6-ways,  https://www.pauladeen.com/fried-green-tomatoes-6-ways/
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

T40cfr403

« Reply #9451 on: September 24, 2023, 04:23:35 PM »

As a life-long Broncos fan, I used to be able to say, "Stupid Broncos!" and move on in great anticipation of an eventual Super Bowl. But 70-20...? :-\
Only within the moment of time represented by the present century has one species -- man -- acquired significant power to alter the nature of the world.
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring

eburgbirdwtchr

• Hatchery nest visitor since 2007
« Reply #9452 on: September 24, 2023, 05:26:39 PM »

T40--yup, them guys was good.  Maybe next time....   :) ;)
Use the talents you possess: for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best.
Iowa Lakes Region, western North Central Iowa

Phyl

« Reply #9453 on: September 24, 2023, 05:45:30 PM »

eburgbirdwtchr and T40 don't really follow sports that much these days.
                                          But,  hope  respective teams work it all   out.

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

« Reply #9454 on: September 24, 2023, 05:49:58 PM »

Sending a "Good Evening' with SEDs  to Everyone !

🙏 's     🙏 's

#IstandwithEvan

LisaG1967

« Reply #9455 on: September 24, 2023, 06:26:33 PM »

LISA   I'd have to look up a recipe but if you have one to share I would love it.  I do have cornmeal in the pantry!

Tsk - I cut my tomatoes about 1/3”.  I dredge them in flour first that is seasoned with some salt and pepper, then dip in egg & buttermilk mixture, then dredge again in cornmeal.  I fry them in vegetable oil, and don’t put too many in the pan at a time when frying.   

« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 06:31:27 PM by LisaG1967 »

LisaG1967

« Reply #9456 on: September 24, 2023, 06:31:08 PM »

Have a good night, everyone 😊

baziunc

• Queen of Decorah - April 10, 2016
« Reply #9457 on: September 24, 2023, 07:06:55 PM »

Howdy Beakers!   :)

Boy, it sure took me a long time to get here, and I can't stay long, so this will be a quick pass. I sure did enjoy all the wonderful posts all the Beakers made today!  :)

Lisa, glad you're not "under water" tho' getting plenty of rain.. and that your son and DIL are okay, too. Yep, my niece and her family (LGN and Baby Bro) are also fine, though the same lot of rain has been falling at their house in the VA/DC area. Snacks are good.  ;)

Clynn, (((IRIS)))  :-* :-* :-* Most of my snacks are gone, LOL,  but not all of them... yet!  ;)  I'm getting ready to finish off the Stilton and the Malbec in just a few minutes!  ;D

Lani, thanks for the posts on the RA updates.   :-* :-*  I love their bell-ringing tradition! I saw "60 Minutes" is doing that segment tonight on sloths! It's starting on TV right now where I am - late start because of the football game finishing up late before "60 Minutes." But I'm posting this and then sitting down to watch it now!  :D I completely understand that when you say "bees," that you are referring to your hornets, or sometimes wasps, and not actually talking specifically about honey bees or bumblebees (or carpenter bees).  :)  That's going to be a project, for sure, getting things fixed back up after the nest is gone, but I know you wil be so glad when it's all done!  :)

This afternoon, I did a little looking at the National Hurricane Center info, and used maps info, to find that the center of Tropical Storm Ophelia apparently made landfall just about 11 miles down, on the very same barrier island, from where my sister, and her daughter and SIL, and their LGN and Baby Bro, were sitting and walking by the Atlantic Ocean, a few days before the storm hit. They were staying at a friend's home on that same barrier island, on the sound side. That house is less than a mile from the beach side. My LGN and her Baby Bro and their parents left and drove home on Wednesday, before the Saturday early morning (6:15am) Ophelia landfall. And my sister left there to go home on Thursday night, before the storm started moving into the area the next morning, on Friday. Actual official landfall of the center of Ophelia was on Saturday morning, about 6:15am.

Gotta run!  I want to watch "60 Minutes" and their sloths segment!!  Have a great evening, Beakers!  :)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2023, 05:14:36 PM by baziunc »
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift, that is why it is called the present."   ― A.A. Milne

"Hope for the best and accept what comes." ― President Jimmy Carter, on Aug. 20, 2015, during press conference at The Carter Center

karengramke

« Reply #9458 on: September 24, 2023, 07:27:57 PM »

Lisa, like your Fried Green tomato recipe! Do you flip once?

Glad every one survived ophelia and came out the other side of it in good shape!

Had a wonderful day  and with the exception of tomorrow which will be 91, all looks good!  Monday will be my last day in shorts!

Thanks for all the pictures of Fall and flowers, etc!  Glad to read the Royal reports!
Do they stay in the air and afloat on the ocean  all the way to SA or are there islands where they can land?  Sounds worse than the treks in covered wagons!

Think my hummers are gone but I will make a fresh batch of food and keep the feeders up until November.  Want to feed travelers who are late and in need of a bite to eat!

baz, thankx for thefamily pics!   Funntime!   Nite all! Seds
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 08:54:19 PM by karengramke »

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9459 on: September 24, 2023, 08:40:59 PM »

Royal Albatross - posted by Sharyn Broni (Ranger, DOC)
Kia ora koutou (hello everyone)

It appears the UQ (Upper Quarry) chick has fledged this morning. :-* There are some good breezes today and he was supplementary fed yesterday. He is now 237 days old and has been looking in good condition for fledging.

There are still 9 chicks as we (DOC rangers) picked up another one from the Aramoana Salt Marsh over the weekend.

The cam will stay in this location until after egg laying in November. We may see new arrivals coming to this location over the next several weeks.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #9460 on: September 24, 2023, 10:03:50 PM »

Bazi - So happy you & Zippo stayed strong during the storm and are safe.

Lani - There is still a little smoke in our area from the wild fires in No. CA near Oregon, but today it was much better.   So wonderful to see that UQ is still doing good and still there!   Thank you for sloth info  - I actually just watched the Sloth segment on 60 minutes!!

Phyl - Thank you for Nature 365!

Tsk - How are you liking your new mattress or is it too soon to ask?!   Glad you got a few last tomatoes off your vines. :)

Kb - I love, love, love the precious pic of mama whale & baby. Thank you!

Clynn - cute morning graphics.  Love hellgate osprey cam  :)

LisaG - Glad you & Jeff are all good.  So nice of you to go fill up Jeff's car with fuel for the week - I would do that too!

Hi Eburg!

Baz - Love the pic of the family on the beach - all cute pics!!

Karen - Like that you will keep your feeders up for hummers until Nov.  :)

Beakers have a good night.

oldguy

« Reply #9461 on: September 24, 2023, 11:17:03 PM »

Good Evening Beakers

Got up to 80 today - rain went around us - had .02 sat. evening - a heavy dew will sometimes give us .01 - Tonight (just about sundown) there was a line of storms 50 miles to the east - watched as it built up some massive clouds and then lots of lighting - we had clear skies - the storm moved to the NE.  Another day of 80 tomorrow and then 3 days of low 70s.  Latest drought map has us listed as severe drought here - we need lots of days of half inch rains.

The latest video from Lesley
Blue Jays Love these More than Peanuts!   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=midMNOVUURk

Came across this 2 piece band tonight.  They met while attending Berkelee College of Music (Boston) in 2012 - so they should be about 29

Honeysuckle - "Baba O'Riley" (The Who)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4toFTQ7htL0
Honeysuckle - "Kodachrome" (Paul Simon)   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcgqM9CDoHM
Honeysuckle - Board That Plane - Live At The Corner   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj56jINHAjs

Lulu the Cat Poops in a 200 Million Won Car   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDKi8I7k__g

Too peaceful cat's nail clippers 2   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IohpX3Wzpw

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

« Reply #9462 on: September 24, 2023, 11:35:58 PM »

LISA   I'd have to look up a recipe but if you have one to share I would love it.  I do have cornmeal in the pantry!

Tsk - I cut my tomatoes about 1/3”.  I dredge them in flour first that is seasoned with some salt and pepper, then dip in egg & buttermilk mixture, then dredge again in cornmeal.  I fry them in vegetable oil, and don’t put too many in the pan at a time when frying.

Lisa, yum! Your recipe is oh so good! Mike's mom and grandmother used cornmeal too. I miss them
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Lani

« Reply #9463 on: September 25, 2023, 01:02:11 AM »

Eburg, T40, sorry about the game. Mike's happy.

Baz, Oh my gosh, glad to hear your family were able to return home before the storm hit. I'm sorry their vacation was cut short though.... Beautiful family pics.  ;D

We had the football game on too....  I'm so glad you watched 60 minutes too! I got a little teary watching. Kudos to Lucy Cook and TRR for the research, care and rehabilitation of the Sloths. TRR has never shown the electrical burns these beautiful creatures suffer with and how they are treated online. To see them tending to their injuries was so heartbreaking. Thanks to 60 minutes for helping the world become aware of these beautiful endangered creatures.  :-* ....

SED Karen and Piper  I keep my feeders up year round. Critters are always coming or going through Arizona.  ;D

Eagles, You can see why I love the sloths. And the Toucan was Annabelle!  ;D ... sorry about the smoke, we had a bit of a smoky breeze when the wind shifted late this afternoon. The closest fire is about 75% contained. Take care.

Oldguy, thanks for links

Good night!

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Tsk, Karen and Piper, Paulie, Phyl and Jim, Eagle's mom, Tsk's DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Baz, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Manaaki, UQ and the Royal Albatross fleet, Hellgate Iris, Tig's Zeus, TRR Sloth Robin, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.

kbshcb

« Reply #9464 on: September 25, 2023, 06:53:04 AM »

Yep, this is a Hungarian puli dog....a herder...
Looks brave to me!

Another day/night of rain coming, yah!..I dumped a full inch yesterday morning and more light rain happened last night...even more to come today...woot woot.

Lani - love that UQ made the big leap!...I too wish we'd witnessed it..

that score is unbelievable...I'd have had a hard time continuing to watch it myself.

Happy Monday.