Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470296 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #9135 on: September 16, 2023, 06:23:51 AM »

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #9136 on: September 16, 2023, 07:48:02 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, love Neil Pawstrong! Cat treats... :o I think I have talked to that skilled and helpful staff...  ::) We are at 56, headed for 77 today, love this weather!

kb, I have seen that same chart for Iowa and for the Midwest in general! I am hoping fall is here to stay! Nice new nest for Nancy and Beau, and YES on getting it online!

Lani, great that we are through 1/3 of bear hunting season and no shots have been heard close to NABC. Thanks for the Bear Study! 30 more days to go. Oh, your battle with the yellow jackets! I am cheering for your side! I can't believe they named M15's new woman Maybelline. Maybe they will just call her May?

oldguy, what a wonderful video with so many views of M15 in flight! And the video is smooth, tracking him in the air! Great job Real Saunders Photography! And he even captured the first gift of food to the female! I think we are in for a lot of good videos between this guy and wskrsnwings!

Wild Heart Ranch - Keebler - “Where’s the candy?”

ArtPrize. At the Gerald R. Ford museum. (posted by naimo) Andy Sacksteder  https://www.artprize.org/artists#13772

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #9137 on: September 16, 2023, 08:05:55 AM »

https://www.dfob.org/
What a great organization providing service dogs for our veterans....and they pay for food and medical care for the life of the dog..
Enter today 100 bucks to win a hand made chopper...it's pictured in above link.

Was an extremely foggy morning earlier...sun broke it up very quickly though.

Mowing shortly in the back...have no idea why I wait for the "neighbor's sake" when they scream for all hours of the night and day....oh well....guess I'm not built that way.

Shopping also afterwards.

Hope you all have a lovely Saturday...our weather will be good for a few days here..

colorful crab.

Am holding back on not getting too worried I haven't seen the Tower's yet.....hmm..took a look back in my pics and most years I have seen them by now....

Puff

« Reply #9138 on: September 16, 2023, 08:12:03 AM »

Lots of bear and lots of food at the falls this morning.  The largess is so bountiful the bear are not even eating the whole catch.  Comes later in season they'lll wish that had something to nibble.

Ah, but wait a sec. . .maybe not.  Frame at the botton corner shows live, top  left says highlight.  It is kinda early to be so bright this light at the time CDT.  Think I got tricked.

P
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 08:17:33 AM by Puff »

LisaG1967

« Reply #9139 on: September 16, 2023, 08:17:53 AM »

Good Morning Beakers.....Happy Caturday!

kb - Great pic of Nancy and Beau's new nest.  Minnesota's 12 seasons  ;D ;D

karen - I sure will keep you all informed.  Bandit only eats like 1 or 2 teaspoons of his wet food several times a day, but he loves rotisserie chicken.  I do give him some tuna and salmon, as a treat.

E4E - Oh, how nice....I hope you enjoyed the show!

tsk - Surprise party fun?

Phyl - I am trying not to fret.   :)  Dinner sounded yummy! 

oldguy - Thanks for the videos.

clynn - That is an awesome eagle statue. 

Puff, tig, Lani and anyone I missed - Morning  :)

Off to Walmart!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9140 on: September 16, 2023, 08:23:35 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

OLDGUY    I have a much greater appreciation of the dragonfly after that piece  WOW     So Harriet's replacement is Maybelline - M15 will have a good mate.    What an amazing wall for the cats  :o   Cats and the storm  ;D

LANI   Your project with the wasps is going great.  chicken  :o- You've done some good research.  I agree  M15?  Geesh!

KB   Funny chart of seasons  ;D   Wonderful service dog organization.  Lots of good people in this world

PHYL  Thanks for Robin's report.  She's one lucky observer.    Lunar module  LOL 

CLYNN   Well deserved Art Prize    Went to that one time years ago and met Naimo there - the most amazing art festival I've ever been to
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #9141 on: September 16, 2023, 08:41:43 AM »

Clynn, swfl has not named the new female!  Maybeline was the name used by the photographer until they did so!  Think it is kind of cool.  Like Lani, I first thought of Revlon for M  but then thought of Max or Marty!    NOt long until the season starts!

This bird feeder is not working for me!  These squirrels are going to wreck the window screen and house getting to it!  Sounds like someone breaking in!  Piper just stares!  Have to remove a trellis as I think that is what they are using!

I too have seen that seasonal chart for the Midwest.
Lisa. Will Bandit eat dry kibble?
So much for the feeder!  I just stepped out on the screen porch en route to thee great outdoors to move the trellis and saw the feeder on the ground!  These squirrels are still jumping on the window even though the feeder is gone!  I think they may have been jumping down off the roof!  Will not be putting it back up!
Bbl

LORIDAVIS

• Peace Love Unity & Respect
    • Facebook
« Reply #9142 on: September 16, 2023, 09:02:27 AM »

Milo, Norman, Honey & Harley :)

Our work here is done...💜

« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 09:18:45 AM by LORIDAVIS »
Lori Davis
AcuraRacerGirl

karengramke

« Reply #9143 on: September 16, 2023, 10:06:28 AM »

Lori. Very funny

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #9144 on: September 16, 2023, 11:21:09 AM »

KAREN    The very reason we do not have a window feeder...Don't know how CLYNN's Mom manages to have hers stay up - NO squirrels would have to be the answer.

LORI   Great array of Caturday funnies  ;D ;D ;D   How is Grandma doing?
Chicagoland

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #9145 on: September 16, 2023, 12:02:34 PM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

Lori, Love your Caturday posts!!! LOL!!  I don't know how to do videos. Can you create a video of Manaaki and UQuarry chick? Around 16:30pm last night they were trying to fly and succeeded for a bit. I thought Manaaki was gone and he just returned into cam view about 2:15am New Zealand time he returned from the right and now he's settled back on his nest 4:47am, Sunday. Whew! I'm so glad to see his head boobing around in the dark.  :-*  I think they both will fledge this weekend.  :-*

Royal Albatross ~ STUNNING SUNSET HOVERING By UQ Chick! ✈️ Manaaki Returns To Nest For Night 9.15.23 Lady Hawk posted 21 hours ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfObN0ZmBmg&t=37s

Karen, I agree Max or Marty would be a good name for M15, even a name like Mike or Jack. "Jack and Jill" I think there was an eagle's nest with a Jack and Jill.  ??? ... squirrels can ruin more fun things.

Lisa, Norman loves rotisserie chicken as does the bees.  ;D

Puff, Brooks cam is back Live! #602 is in Otis office right now. I miss Otis. But, he was seen a couple days ago down the lower river.

Kb, Minnesota's seasons! LOL! ... "Dogs for our Brave"  :-*

Phyl, Somehow your link to RRP blog didn't post. Here it is and it's a great one!   Thanks for Caturday pics.
September 9, 2023: Day Trip to Decorah! Story and photos by Robin Brumm
https://www.raptorresource.org/2023/09/14/september-9-2023-day-trip-to-decorah/

Clynn, the photographer named M15's new mate Maybelline. I think it's a silly name. Belle? Anyway, SWFL will probably name it and I Hope M15 finally gets a name. I attached my morning pic of the dead bees in my DIY trap. There is more on the Rescue trap. I set another DIY bait out this morning.... Keebler's tummy! LOL! ..awesome pics of Naimo's

My DIY Wasp trap, I set another one out this morning.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

kbshcb

« Reply #9146 on: September 16, 2023, 12:40:31 PM »

Lani - I have one word for those yellow jackets: YUK!
I would have called in a pest control company.....we have at least 4 companies that take care of nests...I have used them once for a nest under our deck that was hard to get to.....

No, I still see down feathers on Manaaki's wings....don't leave yet!....

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #9147 on: September 16, 2023, 12:45:53 PM »

tsk, karen we have battled the squirrels at Mom's and we finally won! It was trial and error until we found the exact position that they couldn't reach! They were jumping up from the brick ledge first. There are two narrower windows, one on each side, that you can't see. They even tried getting up the wooden frame between the big and small windows. They tried jumping from the big bush on the left. We found the exact spot, because you have to keep in mind that you need to be able to reach it to refill. We put one of those dairy milk crates under the window, that is out step to use when refilling! I have never seen them coming from the edge of the roof like karen's did! And as you can see, there are a million trees, so there are plenty of squirrels!

Lori, love the naughty kitties...especially 'our work here is done'! I caught Harley getting ready to carry the paper towels off yesterday. He leaves them alone for weeks, so I don't hide them as well. Then woosh, he reminds me of what a Turdbutt he is! Honey never did those bad kitty things... she was the sweetest... Tuesday it will be a month since we said good bye to Honey. And here come the tears again...

Lisa, what a cute good morning cat! Is your Walmart on your side of the bridge? They have cute baby outfits there too!

Lani, I am with you, don't care for Maybelline. Belle would be a good one! M15 could be Beau! He has gone long enough without a real name! Oh my, look at all those yellow jackets in your trap.  Looks like it is working very well! Otis must have a favorite spot in several locations!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

kbshcb

« Reply #9148 on: September 16, 2023, 12:59:35 PM »

Northern MN, not here.

karengramke

« Reply #9149 on: September 16, 2023, 01:34:54 PM »

Just came in and I cant find the feeder.  The suction cups are on the window but they have moved the feeder to some secret place! I really do not have a good place for a window feeder.  They wrecked a bush climbing up and I think used the screens for traction!
I had hornets or wasps a few years ago and sprayed them with some nasty stuff! I think thesurvivors moved toLanis!  Sorry!