Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 471043 times)

kbshcb

Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8970 on: September 11, 2023, 04:01:08 PM »

Guide Dog Roselle was asleep under her owners desk on the 78th floor of the WTC when the plane crashed. Roselle calmly led Michael to stairwell B, and despite the smoke and noise surrounding her, led her owner and 30 other people down 1,463 steps out of the tower to safety 🥰

We don't deserve dogs...

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8971 on: September 11, 2023, 04:39:59 PM »

OLDGUY  Thanks - Figured they would have to supply refills.  Mirror will occupy cats for a long time  LOL    I hope I would remember that super glue /baking soda when I need it.  ::)

BAZI   Cute Lil Punkin - all grown up.  I admit - I misread.

KB   Amazing dog.. :'(
Chicagoland

Puff

« Reply #8972 on: September 11, 2023, 04:47:08 PM »

Your find was a good one tsk
CLYNN   Wrist is better - Yay.    Did some errand driving today and 911was the focus of WGN talk.  Every time this story is reviewed I hear about different sad experiences.

Yours, too, kb

I have to share mine with you and kb
They were interviewing some support ground cleanup person who had quite a lot of time in.  I have to believe it was a legitimate happening-

He said for an extended time while shifting through debris and remnants they would come upon cell phones.  They rescued the phones and saved them in a container.  Occasionally one of the phones would ring and someone would answer it.  He said the outcomes of who was on the other end where always emotional and fulfilling.

Actually he didn't say that or much after he mentioned that someone would answer the phone - But you could see the emotions.  Were any of you on the same channel at the same time as I was?

P

« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 04:48:55 PM by Puff »

LisaG1967

« Reply #8973 on: September 11, 2023, 04:48:34 PM »

baz - What an adorable pic of Punkin on her first day of Kindergarten!  Jeff's building is the same, very tight security.  They have an armed guard at the front entrance, and you have to go thru a metal detector every time you go in or out the building.  The badge is used to get inside the glass doors from the parking garage to take the elevator down to the first floor to where the guards are, so you can get into the building.  The badge also lets personnel know if you are in the building or not.  The badge is also used to open different doors on different floors of the building. 

Kb - Aww, Roselle!

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8974 on: September 11, 2023, 06:03:38 PM »

PUFF   I was in and out of the morning show so didn't catch it all.  Can you imagine answering someone's phone.  Wow

LISA   Kind of "James Bond-ish" with security  ;D

Still raining lightly so gauge will be read in the AM  ;)
Chicagoland

karengramke

« Reply #8975 on: September 11, 2023, 07:53:38 PM »

Good evening!   Busy day today so had time to read and no time to write!  Thanks for all the posts ,remembrances , pictures etc! Baz, did not realize lgn had so much red in her hair!  Cute and i hope the first day was great!
E4e, congrats to Kris and your grandson. Pics of the car, please.  Tig, congrats to you too.
Had heard about Roselle before.  A great story.  She got cancer they think from inhaling so much junk.
H6ave verified the large birds I saw over my house were Whopping Craned.  There sre some who reside in Haihira, a small town just north of me?  Always pays to look to the skies!  Also, there was a lone flamingo living on the coast south of Tallahassee.  After the hurricane some others flew in and he is no longer alone!  Shall be on the look out for a flash of pink in the sky!
Clynn, hope you are continuing to rest your wrist.

Lani, wow, glad you got the nest sprayed!  Hope you can sleep better tonight.
For those watching Hurricane Lee.  While it  dropped in intensity it has picked up speef and Margo has joined in for a little fun. Believe both will stay in the ocean but will head north!  That is as of a few hours ago!  Do watch for rip tides and large swells if you go to the ocean.  Have a good night all.

Eagles4evr1116

• Mom Decorah. Fan since 04/06/2011.
« Reply #8976 on: September 11, 2023, 09:19:56 PM »

Tig - Thank you- I will tell Kris! :)  Yes, you & Camper had a special wedding day and this week is your anniversary!

Phyl - You mention watching the 'Today Show' on 9/11 and seeing Matt Lauer - I was getting ready for work and turned on the tv as I always did while getting ready for work, and saw Katie Couric as she was telling the news of the situation. 

Kb - Love the pic this morning.  That is a wonderful story of that guide dog Roselle - beautiful  :-* :-*  Thank you.

Lani -  I hope your bee stings heal quickly.  We keep a can of Wasp-killer on hand because you never know when you will need it! 

Tsk - I know that I need to post a pic of the car - but there just doesn't seem to be the perfect one.  I should just post a couple of what I have!

Bazi - Oh no - you must have been fit to be tied when the tennis finals got blacked out on you. :o ::)   I can't believe your littlest G-niece is in Kindergarten now!!  Love her sweet darling cute picture!!

Lori - Love the remembrances you posted for 9/11.

LisaG - If you don't mind me asking, how long ago did your father pass?   Nice of you to drive Jeff's badge over to him!  This past Sunday, Kris called me as soon as he arrived at the car show, saying he had forgotten his wallet - so I had to drive it over to him - it was only about a 10-12 minute drive.  We do what we can to help our hubbys!

Puff - Wow, can't imagine the emotion on those cell phones . . . .

Karen - Whooping cranes!!  That would be an awesome sight to see!!

Beakers have a nice restful evening.

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8977 on: September 12, 2023, 12:49:58 AM »

oldguy, another fun Santi vid, the mirror will keep the cats busy. LOL!  thanks for  info

Baz, Lil Punkin is in Kindergarten! She looks adorable and wants to be an artist. I didn't realize she and Miss Bella are the same age.

Kb, awww I remember the story of Roselle and her owner and what they went through.  :'(

Puff, I can't imagine answering someone's phone from that day :'(

Lisa, I didn't realize Jeff worked in a very security conscious business.  :)

Karen, oh my Hurricane Lee and now Margo that you have to watch out for.... glad the lone Whooping Crane has company  :)

Eagles, we have Wasp spray handy too, but it's been years since we've had to use it.... we've never been bothered by the bees before. so this has been a bit of a shock.... my head feels like a dull ache tonight. I'm sure I'll sleep better.  :)

Good night!

Prayers for Lahaina, Maui, Morocco

Sweet Eagle Dreams, Baz, Lori, Karen, Puff, Tsk, Oldguy, Lisa, Lilbro, Eagles, Pink, Clynn, Kb, Tig, Blschue, Phyl, BL and Pip, Godiva, Peep, Jaspurr, Ezee, Eburg, Lindy, RubyRed246, ssrl, Firetruck, Weasel, Jilltosa, Maxie, Masswatch, Paulie, DeborahG, MpMom and Pete, laniebelle, OnEagleWings, NWarg, Garmohoff, Nrstooge, WendyC3, Tigeag, T40, Ginger, Cwellsla, Nanimal, Bggolden, Nora, Rewrap4u, Eaglesrock, Teamcarnes, Seabeeinch, Walton, Sparky, Tulsaducati, Omasawyer, izzysamlikeseagles, bustopbird, Neva, Yank, Linda.L, smrf, nhJane.

Thinking of and missing, Peep, Jaspurr, Jilltosa, Wilson, Godiva, MpMom and Pete, Marrymo, Keystone, TxTeacher, Smb, Naimoj, Thyla/Anne, D7Birder, Indy, Neva, Smb, Alice, and those who have not been with us for a while.

Prayers For Karen and Piper, Paulie, Phyl and Jim, Eagle's mom, Tsk's friend Lynn & Husband and her DIL Amy, SIL and grandson, Baz, Tig, Puff, Jicaji, Tim and Tsk, Lori and her grandma Clute, Tsk's friend Pam and Hubby, Maxie and Larry, Camper's daughter, Ed's sis Gina, Tsk's Barb & Tom, Baz great niece and family, Peep, Jaspurr, Clynn's DIL's mom, Ed's friend Greg, Tsk's friend, Puff's brother, Masswatch hubby Jamey, Pip's Dad, Ezee, EagleFanDave, Tim's Uncle, Paulie's granddaughter Madison, Emy and family, Clynn's mom and Ed, WW JW, Keystone, Jilltosa, Eaglesrock cousin Michael, Thyla/Anne, Neva's family, Weasel and family, and All here in need of healing and comforting.

Special Prayers For Eagle's Mom,Tsk friend Lynn's & husband and her DIL Amy, Baz, Tig, Puff, Tsk, Phyl, Jim and Maggie, Karen, Blschue and family, Lori and family, Phyl's BIL Danny and brother Dan.

Special prayers for All God's creature great and small, For Tig's Zeus, TRR Sloth Robin, Brooks Fall Brown Bear Otis, Honey and Gunnar, SWFL Harriet, Star, Maggie, Little One and all those like her, Hellgate Iris, TRR rescue babies, The Fairy Penguins, Berry Mom,  NEFL Juliet, Romeo and Samson, Lucy and Larry, Salt River wild horses, Alaska Bears and Wolves that they be saved, Decorah, E2/D1, Dr Rogers and Black bears Shadow and family and Wildlife Research Institute, and All God's creatures great and small.
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

BrokenLug

« Reply #8978 on: September 12, 2023, 01:37:01 AM »

F16's sonic booming that night unsettled us.

I was in NYC on that blue bird morning of 09/11/2001. blocks from the 1st hit.

What the ...

PTSD solid from that.   

Powerful counter clockwise spinning Hurricanes and their cones that start to get up into our 40°/70° wheelhouse always concern us.
We watch closely where we is now in upstate NY as well as the NJ 'homestead'.

The latest NHC cone is looking a little better for us here now.

Lee.
Much worse for someone else however.

Lee is going to expand it's wind field as the North pole grabs it for sure.

Lots of wet ground with a still full wind catching canopy.

Coast ME & NS big time heads up. You know. BL.

The 5 Day Cone from the NHC, intensity, forward speed, and ultimate track will vacillate E & W for sure over the next 120 hrs.   

We watch here.

Totally shitty camping rainy weather here today.

The right type of mud/clay makes a bee sting itch go away after 24 hrs.
Kb I'm pretty sure there was hippo poop in mine.

Getting wood, water and other coffee matters in order this AM.

Saw a BE clean snag a good size fish from the mist off the lake.

The lake name I would tell you if I knew it .. we're a might bit turned around at present ..

Pip & I Love it.

Owl's taking their dinner will put us to sleep and steer us.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/archive/2023/LEE_graphics.php?product=3day_cone_no_line_and_wind
U. S. A.

LisaG1967

« Reply #8979 on: September 12, 2023, 05:24:28 AM »

Good Morning Beakers

BL - I bet being in NYC on 9/11 is something you will never forget.

Lani - Jeff works for the State Judicary, lots of Court officials in his building, as well as the data center for the court system.  Beautiful good night pic.

E4E - No, I don't mind you asking.   :)  My dad passed in 2020.  He and my mom have donated their bodies to the Univ of Alabama for medical purposes/schooling when they pass.  The Univ of Alabama keeps your body for two years for schooling, then they will cremate you and send you back to your loved one or ones.  Hope that's not too much info.

karen - That is great news about Lee...hope he and Margo have a great time out in the Atlantic! 

tsk - LOL, yea a lil "James Bond-ish"

kbshcb

« Reply #8980 on: September 12, 2023, 06:17:52 AM »

BL - just thinking about hippo poo made my bee sting itch again!... ;) ;)
I do remember making a paste once out of oh some kind of starch?...baking soda or something and helped immensely..I've just forgotten and didn't google it, LOL..

Morning all...sun's not up yet....but, I am, boo

some kind of stand off going on here?

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8981 on: September 12, 2023, 06:26:42 AM »

Good Morning Everyone...Happy Tuesday !     

Currently 67F  f High  78F partly sunny,  Low 61F  Humidity 91%

Lots of wonderfully touching 911 tributes and memories .
:(

OG interesting piece from Lesley; tks for add'l  'Rescue' info; kitties viewing their reflection LOL

E4E trying to recall if you've posted a snap of the completed Delorean

Lani tks for the Royal update/snaps; 

KB striking whale photo; {{{ Roselle the Guide Dog}}}  I remember reading her911 story ; Today's kissing Lady Bugs too cute

Karen
now there's  a 'Margo' to fret over? Do take care.

Bazi Lil Punkin so happy and cute on 1st day of school

Lisa
nice Autumn  picture today. Still no sign of the season our way.

BL thanks for your 911 memories sorry you have after effects; appreciate your updates on hurricanes, Lee doesn't sound like he's gonna go away; awesome BE sighting!

On our home alter---Prayers for:The Honey Bees, all bees  and all  other pollinators; All abandoned, abused  cats and feral cats;
The Bluebirds of Cane Ridge, Tennessee and Lahaina and Kaanapali,  Maui, HI and Morocco;  Successful recovery from  Hurricanes  Idalia  & Hilary;
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 06:29:41 AM by Phyl »
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8983 on: September 12, 2023, 07:14:18 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

Phyl, 50 right now, 76 for the high. Wonder how long before a structure will be built on Mars?  Your Home Alter has some very important issues...

Lisa, love your morning pic, makes me want to go camping and have some campfire coffee! A nice thing your folks set up.

BL, OMG, I can't imagine being in NYC on 9/11! We were on a sisters trip to NYC in 1999, we all have these pictures framed, the NYC skyline take from Ellis Island I think, and atop one of the twin towers.  Camping in the rain...soggy....

kb, ladybug face off! Or just gossiping?  ;D

Lani, sorry to hear that your head bite is still bothering you, you must have been bitten by the big daddy of the nest! My Dad used to have an old wasp nest sitting on the shelf in the 3 Season room. I can't remember if he sprayed it or if it was just abandoned, but it was a work of art! Always enjoy the Royals videos, and news of Otis!

baz, love the pic of Lil' Punkin on her first day of Kindergarten!  She wants to be an Artist, and Bella wants to be a Volleyball Player. We'll see how that goes...  ;D ;D

Puff, oh those cell phones recovered from 9/11, cannot imagine...

Lori, beautiful 9/11 tributes...

What's Happening Edwards County - Albion, IL (Hometown) They have razed the old Stewarts Grocery store and Dry Goods. I remember shopping in the Dry Goods, on the right side (where the Antiques sign is). They had a little bit of everything. Ladies hose (this was before pantyhose!), embroidery floss, some clothing, some kitchen items and so forth. And those awful PE uniforms we had to wear. The counter was all wood with the stools attached to the floor, and the high cabinets behind the counter with the ladder that moved. 1966/67

The Tribute in Light
Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8984 on: September 12, 2023, 07:25:35 AM »

Official rainfall in my yard from yesterday was  1 3/8".  High 67 today and mostly cloudy.

KAREN  Interesting bird ID - Cranes fly with head and neck extended and herons with neck retracted  :)  Whoopings all white, sandhills smaller and brownish  ;)

EAGLES   LOL  Reminds me of Tim's trip to Door county a couple weeks and his leaving his duffle here  LOL  I did not drive it to him however  LOL

LISA  Your AM coffee pot has seen many a camp fire  ;)   Bodies of parents donated to science.  Originally I was going to do that but took my self off the list when I married Tim....

LANI   Hope your head is feeling better today  :-*

BL  You and Pip are amazing adventurers - lucky to meet each other  ;D  Sorry this trip is rainy so far but the eagle fishing has to make up for part of it  ;) ;)

KB  Cute ladybugs  :)

PHYL   Perseverance creating 02 on Mars - Amazing science.  :o

CLYNN   All those "before" pics  :(   Tough to see those old original bldgs go down in your home town.  What is the plan for the space?  Our PEs were red  LOL
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 07:28:44 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland