Raptor Resource Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beak Room 2023  (Read 470856 times)

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
Re: Beak Room 2023
« Reply #8895 on: September 09, 2023, 07:07:27 AM »

Lisa kitty has a 'tall stack' of pancakes to share; know you'll have fun and t ake lots of snaps of Sydney.
              Be sure to pet Lizzie. :)
"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

Phyl

• Maggie lives in Nashville,Tennessee Music City USA
    • https://parler.com @Phylll
« Reply #8896 on: September 09, 2023, 07:08:55 AM »

"Every new day begins with possibilities."
President Ronald Reagan  at  the 1985 Geneva Summit

#IstandwithEvan

kbshcb

« Reply #8897 on: September 09, 2023, 07:11:14 AM »

https://twitter.com/i/status/1700419577321038030

kitty hugs....this has been on twitter a few days but hey, it's Saturday...

Oh the quiet bliss of kids in school last week....only to be outrageously noisy last night into the after midnight hour.....oh well, I'll take the bliss when I can.

eagles4 - glad you went to get your gloves on....the ice I used most of yesterday allowed me to sleep without waking up itching it for the first time..still swollen but better and I'll do ICE once again today...should get better over time now.

Lisa - safe travels.

Phyl - I'm 71 years old and never have I seen that many dragonflies in one place....needed a traffic controller last night....if you see as many as I did, watch out, LOL

clynndunn

• For the love of Eagles....
« Reply #8898 on: September 09, 2023, 07:58:58 AM »

Good Morning Beakers!

I am moving really slow this morning...I pulled something in my left wrist and it is making me scream! Using my left hand as little as possible, it is better this morning. I think I did it trying to carry something too heavy from the grocery store, I had the bag loops on my wrist, I have to stop doing that!

Kelsey's birthday was a good one for her, she asked them to sing Happy Birthday to her at the restaurant and she danced in her chair while they were singing!
Again, thank you all so much for the Birthday Wishes, she really enjoyed them! And she wore that Birthday Girl head band ALL DAY long!

The dark pink hoodie with the cat paw print was the thing she wanted most of all and she got it!

kb, awww, those sweet kitties...

Phyl, cute cat baker!  Great video of the Savannah cat running the bear off! A/C will go back on later today, high 86. Tomorrow will be 80, windows open again! Then in the 70s again!

Lisa, my cats (cat) don't like other cats around the house either. One day a few months ago they were both cat screaming in the front hall, fur flying everywhere (they were so upset they jumped on each other...). There was a cat sitting on the front porch, close to the glass door. They did NOT like that!  I called they an old cat couple!  Oh, a visit with Sydney today, how wonderful! Have some wonderful Grandma time!

Lani, glad to hear that your Jayhawks won! Good that you got to see all the ladies at the meeting, I know that group is very special to you! I never thought about the electric pot for the hummers food! I got one for Mom a couple of years ago and it is the best thing! She doesn't have to turn the stove on and it heats the water fast! And it was very inexpensive, I may have to get myself one just for the hummers! We are watching the kids today while Erin and Sydney go to the Iowa/Iowa State game, the big rivalry! Erin and Bella are for the Iowa Hawkeyes, Sydney and Talon are for the Iowa State Cyclones!

Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away. ~ Unknown

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8899 on: September 09, 2023, 08:18:28 AM »

GOOD CATURDAY MORNING EVERYONE

58 degrees - Sure feels like fall today High 72 and sunny  ;D

PUFF  I'll be around  ;)

KB   Interesting about the dragon flies.  Similar to monarchs.  This generation makes the long flight but a third generation is what we then see in the summer.  Didn't know dragon flies migrated..   Oh my heart just melts at those two kitties gif  :-*

EAGLES  You have much more hummer activity than we do.  Lucky you  ;D

BL  Great part about fishing is observing all the other wild life.   ;D

LANI   Meetings abound for the new season ahead.   :) I'll join you in that bit of tiredness.  Go Jayhawks  ;D  I'll come back and post the link and formula for the wasp catcher.  If I do it now - I usually loose my post  LOL        The formula is 2 shots of water
   1 shot of fruit juice    1 shot of vinegar and 4 T sugar     Mix and it just fills the bottom.   https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Hanging-Outside-Hornet-Carpenter/dp/B09Q8SMPPF/ref=sxin_16_pa_sp_search_thematic_sspa?content-id=amzn1.sym.1c86ab1a-a73c-4131-85f1-15bd92ae152d%3Aamzn1.sym.1c86ab1a-a73c-4131-85f1-15bd92ae152d&crid=2HTCI8TU15AM4&cv_ct_cx=wasp%2Bcatcher&keywords=wasp%2Bcatcher&pd_rd_i=B09Q8SMPPF&pd_rd_r=9e6290f6-cfea-4949-a56f-901331ebb422&pd_rd_w=1n8RX&pd_rd_wg=ClcfH&pf_rd_p=1c86ab1a-a73c-4131-85f1-15bd92ae152d&pf_rd_r=Y1HVGQV015J3ZH2RW3WJ&qid=1694265774&sbo=RZvfv%2F%2FHxDF%2BO5021pAnSA%3D%3D&sprefix=wasp%2Bcatcher%2Caps%2C96&sr=1-3-364cf978-ce2a-480a-9bb0-bdb96faa0f61-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9zZWFyY2hfdGhlbWF0aWM&th=1

PHYL    LOLOL  Savannah cat.. ;D

LISA   Love the Caturday pic this AM  :)   Oh YAY  Another visit with that cutie Sydney.  Will wait for the pics  :)

CLYNN  Maybe an ice wrap around your wrist for you this AM!  Bag of frozen peas fastened with a dish cloth?   Your cupcakes are amazing - How did you do that?  Kelsey looks so happy.  There's a lot of tie dye out there   - down to the table cloth;D   Like the cat face shirt  ;)   Cat in the bread loaf bag  :D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 08:24:13 AM by tsk34 »
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8900 on: September 09, 2023, 10:39:07 AM »

some bounce
((( Clynn )))
It has been a pup adventure. Rosie chases squirrels and birds just flying above the yard. Lol. She hurt her leg a bit jumping off the couch to chase a sound. She seems better today. But then, while playing with her toy she bumped her head on the wall. She needs an open concept house.!
Zeus had an encounter with the neighbor cat that they let roam. Cat at fence said look how I can arch my back. I am cat. Zeus said I am small dog with big name Zeus. Hear me bark! Cat took off running away between the two fences with Zeus hot on its tail. Ooo ... excitement.
We just spent an hour hunting... me for poopies and them sniffing the breeze for Interlopers. Nap time.
Happy Caturday.
TTFN
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

kbshcb

« Reply #8901 on: September 09, 2023, 10:42:24 AM »

Just awful news out of Morocco.....I own a set of 3 hand made coffee, tea, and whatever else canisters that are from Morocco....and now 43 years old....bought for me by my then friend and roomate in Santa Monica CA who traveled there plus Algeria...hand painted terra cotta or ceramic?...I forgot..
I've heard both 6.8 and 7.2 earthquake...near Marrakesh

oldguy

« Reply #8902 on: September 09, 2023, 11:19:54 AM »

Good Caturday Morning Beakers

My car appointment went well yesterday - apparently more loose screws from my last oil change almost 2 years ago.  Within days of the oil change, a wheel almost fell off - now the belly pan was falling off with only 2 bolts holding it on...  no charge
But early in the week it took them 3 days to fix my 2005 Van - it needed spark plugs and wires - they were having problems getting parts in. almost $1100

Terrible videos out of Morocco this morning - as of 5 hours ago, the count was at 820 dead.
Morocco earthquake: Hundreds killed as buildings damaged - BBC Africa   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edcD5rhbpjk

The latest Hurricane Lee from 5am Hurricane Center info
Tracking Hurricane Lee   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvkfkEw8QYg

Meanwhile back here, we will be having a mostly sunny day with a high of 80 and dew points in the mid 50s - similar for Sunday with clouds coming and possible rain in the evening and into Monday....

Sweet cat is trying desperately to fit in, find a home   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqvXutCo-yc

Maru is in the box with his serious face   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf_PstXRutg

Japanese Precision Walking Competition   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jINuX_Hort8

canon in D but it keeps getting jazzier   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpc1lEJ-SRc

Friday was Beckett's 12th birthday
Quarantine Kids play "Bell Bottom Blues"   -   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abL2o2Zg704

SE Iowa - Grew up within 40 miles of Decorah

Lani

• All Things Bright and Beautiful
« Reply #8903 on: September 09, 2023, 11:49:27 AM »

Happy Caturday Beakers!
Morning Lilbro, Blschue, Lori, Clynn, Tsk, Lisa, Karen, Oldguy, Puff, Eagles, Kb, Tig, Baz, Phyl, Peep, Jaspurr, Pink, Jilltosa, BL, Eburg, Weasel, Ezee, Bggolden, T40, ssrl, Maxie, Nrstooge, Omasawyer, Paulie, jicaji, LB, and All!

I hope everyone can enjoy cooler weather this weekend.  :)

Oldguy, looks like this has been the week for car repairs for the Beakers! Wow lots of $$$ ... Love little Chou, I hope Tequila will accept her.... terrible earthquake, thanks for more info  :'(
and other links. "I'm moving In"  ;D

Tig love your pup stories! Sounds like everyone needs a Caturday nap!  ;D

Tsk, thanks for link to wasp trap  ;D ... enjoy your cooler temps, it's long overdue for all of you. I think we have maybe two more days of 90 degree weather and than it's 80 degree days.
The nice thing about living in a forest the temps always drop 30 degrees by morning and we can leave the windows open during the night. It was 61 this morning.

{{{Clynn}}} Kelsey looks adorable with her birthday gear on, she looks so happy! Love her hair cut. Birthday cupcakes look fantastic and yummy. How did you do the frosting? Awww Munchkins and Sydney... sorry about your wrist. OUCH! I sometimes carry my plastic grocery bags like that too. I have to remind myself not to try to make it in one trip. The interstate game will be a great one today! We've got tv on to big 12 games today. We'll watch that one too. Enjoy having the munchkins.... I love lost many items by putting it somewhere I thought I would remember, but it's never to be seen again, until I want to clean/or organize a drawer or something.  ::) .. I hope your wrist feels better. An ice bag might help. take care  :-*

Kb, Love the kitty hugs!  :-* ... I just read over 1000 dead in Morocco  :'(

Phyl, {{Savannah}}  ;D. Love the kitty cake! LOL!!! .. I don't think I've seen a dragonfly traffic jam  :o .... Now a Hummingbird traffic jam, I've seen that!  ;D

{{{Lisa and Jeff}}} awww spending TLC time with your little girl! I'm so happy for you both, looking forward to pics! Safe travels!  ;D ;D ;D

#480 Otis has returned from the Brooks Lake area to Brooks Falls to eat again.  :-*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq5G0oi5yhE

Otis just picked up breakfast this morning It's wonderful seeing our old boy again, and know that he's well.  :-*

Royal Albatross - 9/9 This morning.
It's the weekend, time to catch up with the neighbor...or maybe not.

Manaaki (right) Q chick with brown spots(left), and UQ chick watching from the sideline. Have a great weekend everyone. LOL!!  ;D

https://twitter.com/i/status/1700471777733054773

An afternoon X tra
Manaaki also had a parent come in to feed him. Look how quickly he moved up the hill.  :-*

https://twitter.com/i/status/1700475118445875568

9/8 Friday catchup
Hovering was the order of the day, yesterday.
Manaaki first with a few practise jumps then Quarry chick hovering across the screen & Upper Quarry chick going straight up and down.

A quick note NTF chick has fledged
Bon voyage NTF chick!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1700043481375560054

I want to reach up and grab his talons. I don't want him to leave.  :-*  ;D
All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful; The Lord God made them all....Author: Cecil F. Alexander

Puff

« Reply #8904 on: September 09, 2023, 11:54:27 AM »

Just awful news out of Morocco.....I own a set of 3 hand made coffee, tea, and whatever else canisters that are from Morocco....and now 43 years old....bought for me by my then friend and roomate in Santa Monica CA who traveled there plus Algeria...hand painted terra cotta or ceramic?...I forgot..
I've heard both 6.8 and 7.2 earthquake...near Marrakesh

My very first "unique" trip after becoming Travel Advisor.  Would have been '94.  10 days traveling the 4 Imperial Cities (Morocco, Fez, Casablanca, Marrakesh).  Very unique style of living, attitudes, quiet, people/cities.  Beautiful to the max in the creation of buildings, earthenware, fabric, meals.   My momento would be 6 x 8 foot hand loomed carpet in my rec room.  A bit too big and too heavy; had it shipped back to US. 

I was going to say my oddest souvenir ever.  But then there was a 6' aspen tree in the back seat of a Firebird.  Still growing in the back yard.

P

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8905 on: September 09, 2023, 12:42:35 PM »

TIG  Quite a busy morning  LOLOL  Zeus still has it in him... :-*

KB  I just saw that Moroccan rare earthquake notice on line..RARE  Lots of deaths.

OLDGUY  Sounds like the cars are demanding a lot of attention these days  ;)       I just saw 1,000 deaths.  There certainly will be lots of coverage on this today and ongoing. :'(   Cute Tequilla and Chou.  I was mesmerized by the precision walking team  :o   Hardly recognize Canon in D by the end  LOL  Nice to have the explanation behind the song choice on Q kids.

LANI   And you get that great forest smell on top of it with windows open. :D    Otis still has it . ;)   Quite a conversation going on.LOL
Chicagoland

camperstig

• "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"
« Reply #8906 on: September 09, 2023, 12:46:10 PM »

bounce

Rosie

Zeus
camper'sTIG - South Central MN
Decorah follower since Apr 2, 2011
"May Bob now soar with the eagles and dive with the falcons. You've left a living legacy behind on the earth" (barbells126)

tsk34

• Who me?
    • picasa
« Reply #8907 on: September 09, 2023, 01:14:23 PM »

PUFF   I would not expect you to have anything but the unusual in your purchases!! ;)

TIG   Aww  Rosie and Zeus  ;D
Chicagoland

LisaG1967

« Reply #8909 on: September 09, 2023, 02:24:50 PM »

Good afternoon Beakers

I feel like a terrible Nanna.  I only took two pics of Sydney the whole time I was there, cause I was too busy holding and kissing on her.  Oh, and FaceTiming with my Mama, so she could see her. 
Here is one pic of Sydney that I took. 

Phyl - Lizzie/Ziva got lots of pets and attention, and Stewie too! 

kb - Awww, adorable Tweet! So sad about the earthquake. 

((clynn)) - Oh no, I hope your wrist feels better soon.  Love the cupcakes for Kelsey, and she looks like one happy birthday girl! Yikes, on the two kitties jumping on each other cause the intruder was outside.  :-\

tsk - Thanks, and awww, love your morning smoochies pic. 

tig - Sure does sound like an adventure with the pups.  ;D  Cute pics of the pups.

oldguy - Glad the car appointment went well, but loose screws falling off, that sounds kinda dangerous.  Thanks for the videos.

Lani - Awww, so happy to see your post about Otis!  I was beginning to wonder if he was OK.  Yay, on the Royal fledge!

T40 - Thanks for the videos!